• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,640 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,640

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 112 - "Simply, Beautiful..."

-TERRARIA, CAMELOT-

Pinkamena was currently making her way towards the castle all while she caused many heads to turn. She didn’t want to admit it, but perhaps walking out in the open as the only pony anyone has ever seen since The Hallow’s disappearance… wasn’t such a good idea.

“Look mommy, a pony!”

“Woah, I thought they were extinct.”

“Wait a second, doesn’t The Order Of The Guide have a pony among its members?”

“Oh yeah, I think it was some sort of dark pegasus.”

Pinkamena did not hide her irritation as she continues to listen on and says internally:

-Walk through the capital without a disguise, I said, It’ll be fine, I said-

After continually hearing the words of her onlookers, in addition to seeing children actually tempted to jump onto her back, the dark pink pony finally grits her teeth as she yells out:

“Screw everything about this!” Pinkamena then conjures forth an invisibility potion from her inventory and immediately chugs down the magical beverage. She disappears before everyone’s eyes; leaving behind a puzzled crowd who lets out sad commentary along with a few children who were upset about not being able to ‘pet/ride the pony’.

Now stealthily making her way throughout the capital and her invisibility position still active, Pinkamena lept from rooftop to rooftop as she continued to make her way towards the castle. One had to appreciate just how truly large and grand the capital was. In fact, Pinkamena even compared it to being slightly smaller than Manehattan.

Finally, Pinkamena was now positioned outside of the castle gates as five guards were stationed at the entrance. A fairly large carriage was currently being inspected by the guards which in turn causes the dark pink pony to say:

“Bingo. And unlike the last time I rode on a cart, this shall be smooth sailing.”

“Ok, you’re clear to go. Please excuse us for any interruptions.” One of the guards says as the man who was currently at the carriages helm replies:

“Think nothing of it, my good sir. I thank you for your service,” The helmsman then turns forward and shouts: “Yah!”

Within the carriage, a duo of a male and female terrarian nobles were currently enjoying a cup of tea, with an accompanying saucer. That is, until a sudden force of weight lands onto the carriage’s roof to which the male noble comments:

“Oh dear, what in heaven’s name was that?”

“It’s probably just a bird, Fancy.” The female noble responds as the two shrug their shoulders. Unbeknownst to the couple and the helmsman, they now had a third unknown member tagging along: An invisible pony.

The carriage stops before the entrance to the castle as the helmsman dismounts the vehicle and opens the door to the carriage while saying:

“Sir Fancy Pants, Miss De Fleur, we have arrived,” The helmsman then gives a respectful bow before saying: “Please, enjoy your time here and I shall await for your call.”

“My thanks good sir, here,” Fancy Pants responds as he then tosses a gold coin towards the helmsman, who in turn catches it gracefully before saying:

“You are too kind.”

In addition, Pinkamena hops off of the carriage as she quickly moves away and runs towards the nearby wall of the castle. She then makes her way towards the back of the large structure and soon finds herself within a secluded area.

“Ok, I’m in. Now, time for me to climb this-”

“Actually, I’ll open a portal for you to enter the Pri- oops, I mean, my private chambers.” A new but familiar voice interjects which instantly causes Pinkamena to grunt in annoyance and say:

“Oh great… it’s you, slave witch.” However, Pinkamena was momentarily thrown off by what she saw exiting the red portal. Instead of the dark skinned witch, she saw a beautiful pink haired terrarian in royal attire.

“You should bow down before me, useless pony. I am, after all, a Princess.”

“Try slut,” Pinkamena mocks in response. “Also, it's typical that you have to take an actual beautiful person’s body; just to hide that ugly face of yours.”

Calamitas, currently disguised as Princess Cadence, was about to retort before she then takes a deep breath and says:

“I don’t have time for your shit right now. Get your ass into that portal so we can begin the preparations.”

“Yeah, one problem. Neither you or Yharim told me what exactly we have to do here. He just told me to come and meet up with you in the castle, that’s it.”

“I’m about to get to that part, idiot,” Calamitas responds which causes the dark pink pony to growl in response. “As you know, we’ve been shaping certain events so that the unification process can commence. Disguised as Princess Cadence, I’ve been working with a contact who serves The Underworld and our job, or shall I say, your job, is to plant these demonic runes throughout the capital. While you do that, I’ll continue to pose as Princess Cadence.”

“Demonic runes? And who’s this contact that you’ve been working with?” Pinkamena inquires which causes Calamitas to chuckle before she replies:

“Tanner The Guide,” The Fake Princess then starts to enter the portal as she comments: “Very soon, Camelot is going to become hell on earth. Literally. Nyarlathotep shall arise and when that happens... with that creature’s power, Equus and Terraria shall become one.” The witch then beckons for Mena to follow with a gesture of her right hand.

With an annoyed expression, the dark pink pony was starting to head towards the anomaly as she comments:

"There's got to be a way to stall their plans. I've just got to keep my eyes open, and wait for that opportunity to come."

..........

After entering Calamitas's portal, Pinkamena now found herself within a large bedchamber which had an obvious theme that took after The Princess. In short, everything was pink. From the bedding to the carpeting; even the restroom that was positioned to the far right side of the bedchamber's entrance/exit was of the same coloration.

"Is this a bedchamber or do you secretly have a thing for me, Calamitas? Because if you do, my answer is: Buuuuck no." Pinkamena mocks as she finishes with a condescending smirk. The fake Princess's left eye twitches as she then rears back in disgust and says:

"Very cute, useless pony. Seriously, what does Yharim even want with something as pathetic as you?"

"Says the sla-" Suddenly, the dark pony's words were cut off as a bolt of red lightning is let loose by 'The Princess'. In response, Pinkamena dodges by hopping off of the bedchamber's floor and lands on the nearby wall. She then conjures her Vampire Knives as she launches off of the wall and exclaims: "You know what?! I'm glad we're doing this because I've been wanting to kill you ever since I met you!"

"Come and get it, bitch!" Calamitas roars out. "And after I kill you, your sister is next! Oh yes, I'm going to finish her nice and slow!"

Both the witch and the pony were mere moments from tearing each other apart. During this time, Calamitas was beckoning Pinkamena to come to her all while the dark pink pony's eyes were narrowed in determination. However, before the two could make impact, a powerful lavender colored aura stops them in place as a new voice injects itself:

"As entertaining as it would be to watch you tear each other apart," The lavender aura then sends the two combatants to either side of the chamber. "That will be enough for now."

Both Calamitas and Pinkamena recovers their composure as a new, yet still familiar entity, conjures itself into being via a series of shadows mixed with purple energy. A cloaked monstrosity with a set of six purple eyes now floats before Calamitas and Pinkamena as the entity's voice echoes out:

"You both have a job to do, so get to it. Signus, Envoy Of The Devourer... has spoken."


-TERRARIA-

A single pony sat on a large hill which was positioned in the middle of a large meadow. Blades of grass flickered in the wind along with the light purple strands of the pony’s mane. A soft sigh escapes from the pony’s muzzle as they were currently looking down towards the ground in defeat.

“Way to go, Starlight. You just had to yell at him,” Starlight comments in a sorrowful tone as she then lifts her head high and gazes towards the sunny skies of Terraria. “I’m so sorry, Shadow… but this is for both of our own good.”

Suddenly, the mare’s ears flickered as she could barely hear a distant call, but not enough to make sense of any of it. The calls were getting closer and closer until finally:

“Starlight!”

The unicorn mare instantly recognizes this voice as she turns towards its source and sees a dark pegasus, who was rapidly making his way towards her with every flap of the pegasus’s wings. The dark pegasus finally lands before her as he says:

“Starlight, thank The Empress that I caught up with you.”

“Shadow Thunder? H-how did you even find me?” Starlight questions in a tone of shock mixed with disbelief.

“Weeeeell, I can kind of track the shadows of those I have attached myself to before. In fact, I could track down each and every one of your friends since I’ve been in their shadows once before. And, of course, that includes yours.”

Starlight was deeply impressed by the pegasus’s abilities, she couldn’t deny that. However, she suddenly takes on a saddened expression as she comments:

“Why did you come after me?” This of course causes the dark stallion to tilt his head in a minorly confused manner as he responds:

“Why wouldn’t I come after you? I’m worried about you, Starlight,” The dark pegasus then starts to approach as he soon finds himself positioned next to the unicorn mare, who in turn was still sitting on her flank; upon the large hill. “Listen, I’m sorry if asking you out to dinner like that was sudden. But, you didn’t let me finish. I was going to say that we could just be friends.”

“Look, Shadow Thunder… I’m not angry with you. Not at all, and I’m sorry for taking off like that,” The unicorn mare then chuckles to herself before she continues: “This might sound pretty cliché, but, it’s not you… it’s me.”

The dark pegasus then lowers himself onto his flank as the two ponies sit atop the hill, both of their manes flickering in the cool breeze of the wind. This prompts Starlight to continue all while Shadow Thunder awaits her coming words:

“I’m grateful for you checking up on me, I truly am. But, like I said once before, I’m not a mare that you should be interested in.”

“But, why?” Shadow Thunder inquires. Truth be told, he already knows of the true reason, thanks to speaking with Twilight, but opted to feign ignorance so as not to escalate anything further. “Talk to me, Starlight. What makes you think that I shouldn’t be interested in you?”

The unicorn mare suddenly becomes hesitant as she starts to become shaky and barely manages to say:

“B… b-because I’m a…”

“If you’re about to say: Beautiful, then I definitely agree with-”

“Stop calling me that!” Starlight roars out as she bolts onto her hooves, all while Shadow Thunder remains seated. “There is nothing beautiful about me! You only call me that because you don’t know about what I’ve done!”

The dark pegasus simply remains calm; with a plan in mind, as he too rises onto his hooves in one fluid motion. All the while, the unicorn mare simply looks at him with an expression that was a mixture of anger and regret. Shadow Thunder then adjusts his wings before replying:

“First off: I call you beautiful because you are beautiful, Starlight,” This causes the mare to narrow her eyes before he continues: “Secondly: My ears are wide open. I promised you that I’ll always be here to listen. So, go ahead, tell me your story.”

Starlight simply sighs in irritation as she responds:

“Why bother? I already know the outcome.”

“You assume the outcome,” Shadow Thunder corrects. “You don’t actually know how I’ll react and I might be bold for saying this, but I think I’m entitled to-let’s call it-a chance; considering recent events.”

Starlight simply stares at the stallion for a moment before she then grunts in frustration and comments:

“You’re a pretty stubborn stallion, you know that?”

“When I have to be, my good mare,” The dark pegasus then gets a sudden idea as he conjures forth a table along with two chairs from his inventory. He effectively places the furniture before them as he comments: “May I interest you in a seat?”

With a raised brow, Starlight replies:

“Do you just have furniture sitting in your inventory?” Shadow Thunder simply laughs in response before saying:

“What can I say? You never know when you might need it. And to be fair, this is my only furniture I keep stored there. I mean, we’re using them now, right? I’d call that excellent foresight on my part.” The stallion states proudly as he takes a seat on one side of the table; all while Starlight rolls her eyes and lets out another annoyed grunt before saying:

“Let’s just get this over with.”

“Excellent!” Shadow Thunder exclaims happilly as the stallion waits patiently for the unicorn mare, who in turn was making her way towards the other seat on the opposite side of the table. Before she could take her seat, however, a shadowy appendage pulls the chair out for her as Shadow Thunder comments: “Allow me.”

“How gentlecolt of you.” Starlight responds monotonously as she takes her seat. The shadowy appendage then gently pushes her towards the table, all while she herself shuffles in place to get comfortable.

The moment of truth finally arrives as Starlight takes a moment to come up with the right words; in preparation for her tale. All the while, Shadow Thunder simply waits patiently. However, a sudden rush of wind blows by and graces Starlight’s mane, causing it to flutter in the wind in a beautiful display which instantly catches the stallion’s attention as he says internally:

-Simply, beautiful...-

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next