• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,625 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,625

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 105 - Dr Draedon's Log.

-TERRARIA-

Some time after escaping from Yharim’s underground kingdom, Snow continues to make his way towards an unknown location. At least, unknown to anyone else but him. The leopard/wolf entity soon reaches an inconspicuous cave upon which he enters the cave’s mouth and dives into its darkness.

Small droplets of water lands onto the cave floor from the ceiling all while Snow’s footsteps echoes throughout the cave. The flashing memories of these recent events haunted the werebeasts mind as he drew ever deeper into the abyss. From the moment he and Leinfors infiltrated Yharim’s troop’s ranks, reaching the armory, meeting Pinkamena, fighting The Storm King, and perhaps the worst memory of all: Cosmos killing his friend, Leinfors

He finally reaches a large chamber with what appeared to be a sort of platform, positioned in the chamber’s epicenter. Stepping onto the platform, the werebeast then bends a knee and lowers himself before placing his left hand onto the platform. This causes a vibrant blue aura to consume the platform which then consumes the werebeast hybrid. A fantastic showing of lights and magical energies illuminates the chamber before both Snow and the platform disappears; sizzling out of existence.


The same magical aura that consumed Snow’s form, in addition to the platform, was now reforming itself within an entirely separate cave network. The platform was the first to form into being before Snow himself momentarily follows suit; still positioned on top of the platform. Looking around, a smirk forms onto the werebeast hybrid’s face as he recognizes the symbols that were etched onto the chamber’s various surfaces.

“It’s good to be back,” Snow comments as the leopard/wolf humanoid starts to make his way towards the cave’s exit. With a saddened expression, he continues: “I’m so sorry, Leinfors. I owe you everything. If what we discussed is correct and with Draedon’s Log... and thanks to you, I can now cure my parents of The Astral Infection.”

Suddenly, Snow could see what seemed to be sunlight at the mouth of the cave which lifts his saddened features. Stepping into the light, Snow exits the cave and sighs in content as he notices a town that was positioned underground with an artificial sun beaming down.

“Seeing this place never gets old. I’m back, NEXUS.”


The hybrid werebeast scaled down a small cliff that the cave was positioned upon. Once he reached ground level, Snow immediately doubled his efforts and hastily reached the town.

As he drew near, various children were playing on the town’s outskirts by throwing a ball around. One of the children puts a little too much force into their throw as the ball flies over another child, who tried to catch it but was sadly unable to. The ball no doubt would have flown a fair distance away were it not for the fact that Snow lept high into the air and intercepted it. The werebeast catches the ball, lands back onto the earth, and says:

“Woah there, youngster. That’s a nice arm you’ve got but your accuracy and self control must be adjusted.”

“Snow!” The children exclaim in unison as they run up to the werebeast. They then begin to barrage him with questions and various comments while others start to play with his tail.

“Did you fight any monsters?!”

“Did you just get back from a mission?”

“Hey, don’t hog his tail!”

“It’s super fluffy!”

As Snow continued to interact with the children, two other individuals were starting to draw near; both being male terrarians. Taking notice of this, Snow calls out:

“Scott! Robin!”

“Snow! We sensed that the transport in the cave was activated.” Robin responds.

“Wait, where’s Leinfors?” Scott inquires but the saddened look that Snow gave him spoke volumes. Snow then lifts his right arm and says:

“Children, I have to get going,” The leopard/wolf entity then returns the ball to the very same child who overthrew it. “Keep working on your aim and self control, little one.”

“Sure will! Thanks again for catching it for us.” The child responds as they and the rest of the children runs off to return to their activities.

Both Scott and Robin were now positioned next to the werebeast hybrid as Snow comments:

“We must speak in private at once. I fear that dark times are ahead. But, before that… I want to see what’s truly on this log,” Snow then looks towards Robin and questions: “How are my parents doing?”

“The infection is still present, of course, but their minds remain stable. They’re lucky, Snow… not many can keep their sanity from the effects of The Astral Infection. Aside from them receiving some odd looks from some of the warriors, they’re doing fine.” Robin responds.

“Come on, let’s go to your place, Snow. Oh, and… Crystal is pissed… you have my sympathies.” Scott comments with a small snicker all while Robin does the same.

Snow was momentarily stopped dead in his tracks, along with reddened features, before he recovers and growls towards his two friends before saying:

“Sympathies my ass! You two will be laughing while she tears me a new one!”

“You got that right!” Robin replies as he and Scott start to laugh in tandem.


The trio were now walking through the underground settlement as various forms of activities were playing out all around them. Merchant stalls were selling produce, townsfolk were going about their own business all while guards were doing their rounds and patrolling the town; Snow and his two friends taking the time to nod to the guards who were also the town’s warriors.

They soon reached what was arguably one of the largest homes throughout the settlement as Snow gulps in horror, much to the entertainment of his two friends. Before he could even touch the door, the door opens up as Snow’s gaze now rests on a female entity. She was a species of werebeast much like him, composed mostly of a leopard with wolf-like features mixed in, especially when it came to their tails. Basically, she was the female counterpart to Snow.

“H-hey, Cry-”

“Don’t you ‘Hey Crystal’ me, Snow! Do you have any idea how worried I was when you just up and left for your little suicide mission?!” Crystal roars out. “You literally snuck into- mmmph!” Her words suddenly became muffled as Snow hurriedly covers her mouth with his right hand and says:

“Look, babe, can we discuss this inside? I don’t want to talk about it in public.”

As this is going on, both Scott and Robin were laughing so hard that they were forced to grab their stomach regions.

“You two aren’t spared either,” Crystal comments as she leans her head to the left side of Snow’s body, giving the two men the same glare that she gave Snow. “Inside the house, now.” The female werebeast hybrid then turns around as Snow glances back towards his two friends; with a smirk that spoke volumes of mockery.


Some time passes by and everyone was currently sitting around a table that was positioned within the home's living room. Snow had informed everyone of the events that transpired within Yharim’s kingdom, much to Crystal’s dismay and anger. They also took a moment to mourn the loss of their friend: Leinfors.

“Son of a bitch,” Scott comments in disbelief and anger. “You’re telling me that Yharim even managed to get the Kitsune Tyrant to join his side? She’s going to pay for what she did to the old man.”

“Yeah, I don’t know how that tyrant managed to get Cosmos to join him but she is indeed among his allies. Also, there was a pony.” Snow replies.

“A pony? But, I thought they were all gone when The Hallow disappeared?” Robin inquires.

“That’s just it. Apparently, she and a handful of other ponies-along with a zebra-came from a whole other world, another reality. I don’t know why she was there but I could just sense that she was forced to stay behind.”

“Hey, um, Snow?” Crystal questions with a reddened face.

“What’s going on with you, Crysi? Your face is as red as the day you and I became a couple.” Snow comments.

“Well… was she, um, cute? I’ve always heard of ponies but I’ve never seen one in person.” Crystal says which causes everyone else present to stare at her momentarily before bursting out into a series of laughter. Snow recovers from his laughter as he finally replies:

“It’s difficult to explain, crysi. On one hand, I suppose she was cute being a pony and all but on the other, well, she was a bit… dark?”

“Dark?” Scott questions as he then chuckles to himself. “It’s hard for me to ever imagine a pony being ‘Dark’. Always thought of them being all sunshine and rainbows.”

“If you met this one, you’d change that outlook all together. Nothing was ‘Sunshine and rainbows’ about her at all. As for you, Crysi, I’m sorry but she’d probably never be open to hugging anyone,” Snow then sighs before he takes on a serious expression. “That’s enough of that for now. I want to see what’s on this log.”

Upon saying those words, the aforementioned object is suddenly brought into being as Snow brings it out of his inventory. The werebeast then places the log onto the table as everyone observes the strange mechanical object.

“Please, don’t let Leinfors’s sacrifice be in vain… please let this work,” Snow comments as he presses a large blue button that was prominent on the device. The object starts to glow with a light blue aura before a holographic depiction of the device’s creator shoots up and hovers above the object.


This is Dr Draedon. As a note to myself, I am recording my findings via these logs as to have an appropriate precaution to fall back upon and to review my notes.

Commencing audio recording of log…

Audio recording, ready.

Log designation: The Devourer Of Gods.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when Yharim showed that thing to me. From what he revealed, the former guardian put up a lot of resistance at first but over time, Yharim managed to make it more obedient, more loyal. The means of this is thanks to the armor that the Devourer Of Gods has currently donned upon its form. In the Time Of The Ancients, it was once a powerful deity that was the protector of all life and capable of performing incredible feats of magic. Yharim informed me that the entity is even capable of removing curses and healing any type of infection. In addition, it was the third sibling of The Equinox Worms: Daybringer and Nightcrawler. On a side note, it’s funny just how many beings in our world are capable of controlling night and day, but I digress.

If Daybringer and Nightcrawler were the harbingers of day and night-an obvious assessment given their names-then The Devourer Of Gods would be the light from the sky between full night and sunrise or between sunset and full night. Appropriate, given the entity’s former name:

Twilight Sparkle.


The hologram then fades from existence as the log comes to an end. Snow, Crystal, Scott, and Robin were simply left in shock and awe. However, Snow stands up from his seat with a determined expression as he declares:

"It's settled then. I will find a way to free The Devourer Of Gods- no, calling it that would be an insult. I will find a way to free you and ask you to cure my parents... Twilight Sparkle."

Author's Note:

Second chapter will be uploaded later on. :pinkiehappy:

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next