• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,646 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,646

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 83 - Boss Battle: Skeletron Pt: 2

-TERRARIA, HOME TOWN-

Skeletron and his army of limbs currently hovers high above Home Town, the skeletal entity’s fiery red eyes looking down upon its denizens. Skeletron chuckles momentarily before saying:

“You’re all going to have a bad time!” The entity’s largest skull is suddenly surrounded by a red aura which causes every one of its skeletal limbs to rush forward. The many limbs of Skeletron descends upon Home Town and its denizens all while other limbs contend with Twilight, Starlight, Celebes, Linn, Tori, and Shadow Thunder which results in various scenarios throughout the entire town.

Pinkie Pie and Candymena are met with a very different opponent in comparison to everyone else. Where the others have to face the various skeletal limbs of Skeletron, the two party lovers were confronted by Skeletron’s current vessel: Pinkamena. Despite the loss of her recent blade, The Muramasa, Pinkamena was currently duel wielding two dagger like weapons to which catches Pinkie Pie by surprise as she says:

“Those are my Bloody Ruptures! They were from my inventory, how did you-”

“We’re still connected when it comes to our inventory, sis. Whatever you and I have stored there can be accessed by both of us, regardless of our current condition,” Pinkamena then turns to Candymena and says: “Leave me and my sister to our own conflict. You seem to understand my current plight and I know that you’d do the same if it was your sister who’s life was on the line. Go on and help the others throughout Home Town, they’ll need your help to fight off Skelly’s many arms. Also, tell Fluttershy to hurry up and get those Slime Gods out.”

Candymena simply nodded in response as no more words were needed. The two completely understood each other and Pinkamena’s statement was indeed true. Were it Candy whose life force was being held within Yharim’s grasp, Candymena would do absolutely anything to save her sister. In a sudden dark pink blur, Candymena vanishes from their view; leaving behind the two pony siblings to contend with each other.

Pinkie Pie conjures forth The Muramasa and wields it within her forehooves as the two mares start to walk on their hind limbs. It might’ve looked awkward to anyone else, seeing two ponies moving bipedally but when it comes to Pinkie Pie and by extension Candymena, this was actually natural for them.

“Here I come, Mena!” Pinkie Pie roars out as she rushes forward and attempts to slice away at her sister. However, the party pony hesitates as she still didn’t want to hurt the dark pink pony to which Pinkamena says:

“Two things, sis: First off…” Pinkamena jumps into the air and kicks Pinkie Pie away with her left hind leg, the force of her kick sending the party pony skiing backwards but not enough to knock her onto the ground as Pinkie Pie’s hind legs digs into the earth. “Don’t ever announce to your opponent that you’re coming at them. Secondly…” The dark pink mare then lunges forward with her dual daggers but makes sure to aim directly for Pinkie Pie’s Muramasa. Pinkie Pie recovers from her sister's kick in time as she raises The Muramasa and blocks Pinkamena’s strike. “Don’t ever hesitate to fight an opponent who used to be your friend or in this case... your sister. Yharim might not be here but I know he’s watching so let’s put on a good show. Forgive me for everything, sister...” Pinkamena finishes as the two ponies continue their clashing of blades. However, If one were to look closely they couldn’t help but feel as if this was more of a training session for Pinkamena as she was helping her sister in her own way.


Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Zecora, and all of their allies were currently contending with Skeletron’s skeletal limbs. Gex The Witchdoctor managed to push back one of the skeletal appendages as he aims his staff and casts a spell in his native tongue by exclaiming:

“FUS RO DAH!” A powerful force is unleashed as a result to which catches the eye of Magius The Wizard as he says:

“My word! I simply must pick your brain about your kind’s spells in the future.”

In addition, a pink blur appears before them as Candy The Party Girl, who noticeably returned to normal, points a finger to Gex excitingly and exclaims:

“Ooh! I love that shout! I especially love to use it to send giants off of a cliff which is kind of funny since Skeletron used to be a giant. Their toes are pretty smelly too which makes it weird when you have to eat one in order to see its effects during alchemy. Oh! I got my alchemy up to level one hundred, by the way!”

“...” Everyone present, even Skeletron’s limbs, were momentarily frozen in place as a result.


Incidentally, even Skeletron himself stopped fighting Twilight and the others high in the sky momentarily as he seemed to ‘Overhear’, Candy’s words from his skeletal limb and says:

“What the fuck?...”


Back on the ground with Candy and her allies...

“What?...” Everyone questions in unison. After a few moments, the skeletal appendages of Skeletron simply shrugs as they return to attacking everyone else present.

“Now’s not the time for that, everyone!” Tempest The Bandit exclaims as she dodges multiple of Skeletron’s appendages and vanishes via a sudden cloud of smoke. She’d then reappear nearby and send forth explosive shuriken's which make contact with the skeletal limbs. “You can talk all about it after we deal with that large skeleton and these limbs!”

Ritsu was nearby in her werefox form, accompanied by Applejack, as they battled with another skeletal appendage. Usinger her amazing physical prowess, Ritsu grabbed Applejack and jumped high into the air as the duo avoided a strike from the skeletal limb. Ritsu then throws Applejack towards the appendage as the cowmare then conjures forth her Blade Of Grass and strikes at the limb, causing it to rupture into a large bundle of bones all of which drops to the ground as a result. Everyone else present was about to commend their achievement but were cut off as the bones started to glow with a grey aura. The broken pieces of the arm start to float into the air and come together as they slowly reform the skeletal appendage.

“Gosh darn it all! It can regenerate itself?!” Applejack exclaims with a hint of frustration.

“Yes, Skeletron and his appendages have incredible regenerative capabilities,” Steven The Clothier comments. “Skeletron is a demonic spirit so we can’t just destroy him physically like we would with most other opponents. We need something that can-” Suddenly, Steven’s words were cut off as Pinkie Pie is sent flying into them all. Fortunately, Rainbow Dash manages to intercept the pin mare and catches her before she could collide with the earth.

“You ok, Pinkie?” Rainbow Dash inquires.

“I-I’m fine, Rainbow… my sis is just too strong for me.” Pinkie Pie replies upon which yet another pink mare arrives, albeit with a darker pink coloration.

“Like that wizard dude said, you can’t defeat Skeletron or any of his limbs by physical means. However, Pinkie Pie has the key.” Pinkamena says as she then lunges forth and prepares to clash blades with her sister once more. Suddenly, a familiar occurrence happens as the world around them starts to warp and shift. In mere moments, Pinkamena and Pinkie Pie were now located on a hill of lush green grass which happened to overlook a certain town: Ponyville.

“W-wait, Mena… is this what I think it is?” Pinkie Pie questions.

“It sure is,” Pinkamena responds as she looks on towards Ponyville. “We’re in the mind-link and I gave us a familiar background so that we can chat peacefully.”

“Ooooh, It’s been a while since we’ve been here together. I think we were in that SCP Universe the last time we used this. Hehe, I guess coming to Terraria wasn’t the first time we were thrown into another world.”

“You and I are gonna have to reveal our adventures to everyone else after this whole thing with Skeletron is over with. But for now, I have so much that I need to tell you, sis, and we don’t have much time left.”

“Wait, doesn’t time change while we’re here?”

“It does but not out there in the real world. Right now, you and I are seconds away from clashing our blades together in combat. Once that happens, we’ll be ejected back into the real world so I’d say we currently have about five minutes left, give or take. This is all very confusing to me even though we’ve done this multiple times before. I even brought Candy here once,” Pinkamena then takes a deep breath before she sighs and takes on a content smile. “Let’s get down to it. When we return to the real world, I want you to kick me as hard as you can at the very moment our blades collide. Yharim is watching my every move so if it looks like I let you win then he’ll kill you right then and there. He’s got a sick sense of entertainment…” The dark pink mare momentarily becomes angered before she continues. “Once you do that, I’ll take the fall and make it seem as if you truly have defeated me. Kick me with all your might and don’t you dare hold back, make it hurt so much that I can’t even walk for the next three days. Finally, you must use The Muramasa to destroy Skeletron and his limbs. That blade can destroy and imprison spiritual beings so I wasn't kidding when I said that you posses the key for Skeletron's defeat.”

Pinkie Pie simply sat there with mixed feelings in her heart along with a saddened expression as she replies:

“I-I’m so sorry, Mena... because of my weakness you-”

“What did I tell you before?” Pinkamena interjects and cuts off the party mare’s words. “You are not responsible for any of this, sis. I’d go to Tartarus and back for you; If bending to the will of some depressed jerk will keep you safe then so be it. I will never blame you for any of this so stop doing that to yourself. If anything, I was the one who failed to protect you when that bastard showed up so this is all my fault. Heh, I guess we-” Suddenly, in a pink blur, Pinkamena’s words were cut off by her sister’s next action. The party pony’s forelimbs were wrapped around Pinkamena’s neck as Pinkie Pie brought her into a hug and says:

“I love you so much, Mena. I promise that I’ll do as you say when we get back. I’m so sorry…”

“I love you too, sis. We don’t have much time left but let me just say this before we’re forced back,” Pinkamena lifts her left front hoof and wraps it around Pinkie Pie. “Everything I do, I do it for you. I want you to always be happy no matter the cost. I was content with our life before that stupid Moon Lord showed up. I was happy to remain deep within your psyche, within the mind-link, while you live your life out there in the real world. I was so happy to watch you meet Twilight and the others in Ponyville, when you defeated Nightmare Moon, became a bearer of an Element, and so much more. You’ve made me so proud, sis.”

Pinkie Pie couldn’t hold it back any longer and with those words from Pinkamena, the party pony’s tears started to flow like a river. She was about to say something but was stopped as Pinkamena puts a hoof to her muzzle and, shockingly, starts to sing a lullaby:

“Oh stop your crying It'll be alright,
Just take my hoof, hold it tight,
I will protect you from all around you,
I will be here so don’t you cry.”

The two mares start to slowly dissipate as they are returning to the real world. However, before and during their disappearance, pinkamena continues her lullaby:

“When destiny calls you,
You must must be strong,
I may not be with you,
But you’ve got to hold on,
You’ll see in time, I know,
That you’re stronger than you know.”

The lower portion of their bodies have already dissipated all while their shoulder region and upwards were still in the process of disappearing.

“You’ll be in my heart,
No matter what Yharim says,
All I do is for you,
Always…”

The two mares finally disappear as Pinkamena’s words fade from existence.

“Always....”


[SHLINK-CLANK]

Pinkie Pie's Muramasa and Pinkamena's two dagger like weaponry, Blood Rupture, clashes into each other as the two mares engage in a sword struggle. Pinkie Pie grunts as she puts more effort into the struggle and pushes Pinkamena back momentarily. Following this action, the party pony hops into the air and kicks Pinkamena with her hind legs in full force which sends the dark pink pony flying backwards, collides into the earth, and skis across the earth as a result leaving behind a cloud of dust.

"F-forgive me... Mena." Pinkie Pie says with a hushed tone as she looks on to her unconscious sister with guilt, regret, and pity. The party pony then turns towards her allies in the background who were still engaged in battle with Skeletron's skeletal limbs. With The Muramasa in her grasp, she grits her teeth and shouts: "Time to kick you out of this party, you bunch of meanies!"

Unbeknownst to Pinkie Pie, an inner conversation was taking place within Pinkamena.

-I'm surprised you didn't reveal to her that I was within that mind-link of yours too-

-It's a precaution, Skelly. We can't afford to let Yharim catch onto me and your agreement. He'd kill her in a heartbeat-

-I don't care about your sister but you make a valid point I suppose. Regardless, I lost about ninety-nine percent of my powers thanks to your plan. That other me fighting them now is but a puppet or a clone of my true self. However, it took most of my powers with it so I won't be at full strength for a few days. I hope you know what you're doing... for both of our sakes-

Author's Note:

In case anyone is wondering, there is a reason as to why I didn't update Pinkie Pie's inventory to have The Muramasa. :raritywink:
It shall be revealed!

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Bee Armor(pony, equipped), The Bees Knees, Eviscerator, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion, Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount.

Rainbow Dash: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Honeyed Goggles.

Starlight Glimmer: Magic Hat(pony, equipped), Mystic Robes(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Starfury, Vein Burster, Storm Spray, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Rarity: Bee Armor(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Bee Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Magic Hat, Mystic Robes, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Blade Of Grass, Vein Burster, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount.

Twilight Sparkle: Magic Hat(pony, equipped), Mystic Robes(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Storm Spray, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer.

PreviousChapters Next