• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,645 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,645

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38 - Deception Pt: 1

-TERRARIA, CRIMSON BIOME ENCAMPMENT-

After the battle with The Eye Of Cthulhu, Sai Sahan saw fit to set up a temporary camp within The Crimson Biome, to allow everyone a chance to rest up a bit before they continue on their journey. Using some of the Purification Powder, Sai cleared away a large area of The Crimson thus using the now purified land for the encampment’s foundation. A small light in this fleshy darkness, one could say. The ponies watches in amazement at the spectacle before them and of course, to the surprise of no one, Twilight’s curiosity skyrocketed as she gave the terrarian an endless supply of questions. Celestia comes to Sai’s rescue all the while Rainbow Dash is laughing her flank off and Starlight stares at her teacher with an expression that could best be translated to: Really?

“Now, now, dear Twilight. Spare my friend please, I beg you haha.”, Terralestia says as she holds the Alicorn up in the air and places her on the ground, away from Sai Sahan who was simply frozen in shock as he says:

“How could one pony have soo many... questions...”

“Way to go Twilight, I think you broke him...”, Starlight says as she shoots her teacher with a disapproving look. Rainbow Dash is still laughing...

“B-but I can’t help it!, I need to know how this powder works!. The very moment he threw the powder onto the flesh it disappeared in an instant, no trace left behind, and returned the earth to it’s former state before The Crimson took hold!. I. Must. Know!, It’s driving me crazy!.” Twilight replies as she then starts to... Hyperventilate.

“Oh boy, she’s Twilighting again. [SIGH] I’ve got this.”, Starlight says as she walks up to her teacher and places a hoof onto her back. The unicorn then lights her horn and conjures a brown bag upon which she places it onto Twilight’s muzzle and says: “Here, take this and breath... That’s it, steady breaths.”, As a result, the brown bag inflates and deflates rapidly.

Having recovered from her laughter, Rainbow Dash walks over to Celestia who was currently still helping a shocked Sai Sahan as the pegasus says:

“Hey Celestia, there’s something I’ve been wanting to ask you but, well, it might be too... Personal.”

“What is it Rainbow?, and don’t worry, I promise I won’t get mad at you if it happens to be a... Touchy subject.”, Terralestia replies as she pats Sai on his back. Rainbow Dash bit her lower lip nervously as she was still hesitant, however, she takes a deep breath and finally says:

“Well... Ok, back on our world, the Celestia we know has a younger sister. Her name is: Princess Luna, do you have a sister as well?”, Terralestia’s eyes were shot wide open, even Sai Sahan managed to recover from his shocked state as he overhears Rainbow’s inquiry. Terralestia sighs heavily with a saddened expression and says:

“I don’t have a sister Rainbow... But I do have a younger brother, his name is: Lunaris.”, Rainbow winces as she could tell this was a very painful conversation for Terralestia, the pegasus’s facial features dropped instantly as she says:

“I... [SIGH] I’m such an idiot. I knew I should’ve kept my mouth shut-”

“It’s fine Rainbow Dash, you and the other ponies told me all about your world and your adventures. Telling you this seems only fair. I admit, I don’t like talking about it but I feel like I can trust you all... Like I trust Sai here.”, Celestia says which causes Sai to look at her with both gratitude and pity as he replies:

“Are you sure about this Celestia?, I know this is something you don’t want to talk about. I feel the same way as you do... Lunaris was my best friend and my brother in arms.”

“W-wait, was your best friend?. What happened?”, Rainbow Dash question’s.

“The Lunar Cult happened... But they used to go by another name, one that’s also fitting: The Lunatic Cultists. They were lead and formed by the very same madman who corrupted my brother. A madman we all used to trust...”, Celestia replies.

“What the hay?, that’s messed up. What’s this jerks name?, that way I know who to clobber when I see them.”, Rainbow Dash asks with an angered expression.

Celestia’s features also turns into seething anger, however, she then takes a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself before she answers Rainbow’s inquiry.

“His name is: Yharim, not much is known about that monster but I shall tell you the tale of how he has wronged us. Sai and I will never rest until we end his life and free my brother. Make yourself comfortable Rainbow, my brother’s tale... Our tale, is one born of deception.”


TERRARIA, 7 YEARS AGO.

Hysterical laughter, coming from a female terrarian, could be heard within a building which belongs to an organization called: The Order Of The Guide. This building acts as a sort of guild hall as many adventurer’s would stop by to pick up quests and various missions.

“Did Master Yharim give you that Lunaris?, you look so ridiculous!”, Terralestia says as she continues to laugh hysterically.

“Oh come now sister!, these robes enhances my powers exponentially!”

“And what is up with that mask?!, you look like a pseudo magical plaque doctor!”

“Come on Celestia, leave him be, Master Yharim gave it to him as a gift. It might not look... Presentable, but it enhances his effectiveness on the battlefield.”

“You know something Sai, I can’t tell if what you just said was to help me or to mock me. Like my dear sister is currently doing... Who’s side are you even on?”

[CHUCKLE] I am on the side of laughing at you both my friend, the fairest side of them all.”

Upon saying those words, Terralestia and Lunaris stares at Sai with a deadpan expression before they all shrug their shoulders and laughs together. Lunaris recovers from his laughter as he says:

“As much fun as it was allowing you two to mock me, that’s sarcasm by the way Celestia, I’ve got a very important matter that I must attend to. A mission given to me straight from Master Yharim himself.”

“Aw yes, you’re heading up towards the northern continent correct?. Something about helping a fashionista or clothier merchant?”

“Indeed Sai, this fashionista is an old but good friend of mine. I’m meeting with him in a settlement positioned at the edge of The Snow Biome up in the north. The place has been plagued by a powerful necromancer.”

“By the gods!, Lunaris, that sounds awful!. What’s this necromancer’s name?, foul devil...”, Sai mutters with disgust.

“Skeletron.”

“I’ve heard of that name dear brother, please, be very careful up there. On another note, what’s your friend’s name?, I didn’t know you even had friends.”, Terralestia says with a giggle.

“Yeah, yeah, very funny sister.”, Suddenly, Lunaris smirks as he continues: “Like I said before, he’s an old friend of mine. You might be familiar with him sister, his name is: Steven, The Clothier.”

Oh. My. Gosh!, as in the Steven?!. His clothing line is to die for, oh, I’m so jealous... I wish I got this mission. How could you never tell me you were friends with a well known fashionista?”, Terralestia says as she pouts sadly.

“Well one, you never asked. Two, it’s because we’ve got history and he knows what I’m capable of. And three, Master Yharim specifically chose me for this.”

[SIGH] I guess you’re right brother... Just promise me you’ll be safe ok?, don’t do anything stupid you hear me?”, Terralestia question’s as she runs into her brother and gives him a tight hug, a gesture he returns in kind.

“Of course sister.”, Lunaris then breaks away from the hug as he continues: “Now go on, you and Sai Sahan have a mission of your own to take care of. It was guarding a caravan or something like that, right?”

“In a manner of speaking, Celestia and I are to protect a traveling merchant caravan who are trying to make their way towards the west. Apparently, bandits have been picking off traveling merchants along that route so we’ll be there as a deterrent. The merchants will be meeting us here and The Headmaster of the order will be bringing them shortly.”

[CHUCKLE] Then I shall wish you both a swift and successful mission. I doubt a group of bandits could ever defeat the both of you. Farewell Sai and dearest sister. Look after each other, alright?.”

“I’m the older sibling here Lunaris, you’re stealing my role.”, Terralestia says as she sticks out her tongue teasingly.

[CHUCKLE] Of course my friend, be well, Lunaris.”

The trio nods in understanding and with a simple wave of his hand Lunaris vanishes in a beam of light. As soon as this happens, the doors to the building opens up revealing the current Headmaster of: The Order Of The Guide.

“Alright you two, the merchants are here and ready to go!”

“You got it Tanner.”, Terralestia and Sai replies in unison.


-SETTLEMENT ENTRANCE-

Some time later, in a flash of light, Lunaris reappears before a settlement that was positioned at the very edge of the northern Snow Biome.

“I’m so grateful to Master Yharim for teaching me that spell. Now then, to find my-”

“Lunaris!, It’s good to see you’ve gotten my message. Your skills with magic are legendary and I can think of no one better to call upon. What’s with the costume?, you’re completely covered up. As someone who excels in fashion I simply must advise a... Wardrobe change.”

“Gee thanks... It’s a gift from Master Yharim so go easy on the insults, alright?. It’s good to see you Steven, I’ve come to aide you per our contract. I’d love to catch up but now’s not the time for small talk, where’s this necromancer that’s been troubling you all?”

“Straight to business eh?. Come with me, there’s a Tavern inside the settlement. Let’s discuss this over a drink and then we can get down to business.”

The two men shake hands as they then make their way into the settlement; on route to the aforementioned Tavern. The town was quite lively as various individuals performed their daily task and simply trying to live their lives to its fullest.

[DING DING]

The sound of a bell goes off as the doors to The Tavern opens up. Steven and Lunaris enters the establishment as The Clothier shouts:

“Hey Ross!, one table for me and my friend here!”

“Go ahead and take a seat Steven!, there should be some free tables available!. Sorry for the mess!, we just had some Party Girl here not too long ago!.”

“Appreciate it Ross!”, Steven exclaims as he gestures for Lunaris to follow. “That’s Ross Bosman, good man there. Come on, let’s grab a table and I’ll fill you in on our local necromancer.”

After some time passes by, both Lunaris and Steven stare at each other as the fashionista has just finished explaining the threat of Skeletron, their “local necromancer”. Lunaris didn’t completely take his mask off but only enough to reveal his mouth in order to finish up his drink as he brings it to his lips. He places the empty wooden cup back onto the table and says:

“So let me get this straight, this Skeletron entity has been sending hoards of the undead to attack the local towns and establishments. In addition, you have reason to believe that the necromancer will target this place next. So to combat this, you want me to cast a sealing spell on you so that you in turn can capture it?. Do you have any idea how crazy you sound right now?. You’re a fool, Steven...”

“Now just hold on Lunaris, I can explain-”

[SLAM]

“No!, you can not ‘explain’, anything!.” Lunaris exclaims as he slams his left hand onto the table. “Do you truly comprehend what it is you’re asking me to do?. I will not condemn an innocent life to a terrible burden, let alone one of my friends.”

“Please Lunaris!, I want to protect Terraria just like you do!. Look at me... I’m nothing but an old fashionista. What kind of help is that against the many forces of destruction that threatens Terraria on a daily basis?.”

“There’s more to it than-”

“No!. Now you listen here, you don’t know how terrible things have gotten. The undead are relentless thanks to Skeletron who orders them around with tactful precision. Every night another settlement is destroyed which further adds to his undead army; you haven’t even seen how bad it gets during the Blood Moon!. We’re getting desperate here and since no one else seems to be wanting to take that risk, to make that sacrifice well damn it, I am!”

[SIGH] Look Steven, please, just think about this for a moment. Your life will be over and you will suffer a fate worse than death, is that really what you want?. I understand wanting to help the world, trust me when I say that I was in your shoes once. But this... This is different, you will become the vessel to Skeletron and who knows what side effects that will have.”

“I’m both willing and able to handle this burden. Skeletron is a blight upon the land and do you see anyone else trying to make an effort like I am?. Adventurers of all types have already tried to fight him but they all met their ends, and most disturbingly, are likely added to his undead army. It’s soo much more than just simple undead too, even restless spirits have been causing a ruckus. You ever tried fighting a spirit?, I’ll tell you, it’s like swinging a blade at water or casting a spell towards a cloud. End result: Nothing.”, Steven then sighs lightly as he regains his composure and says: “Right here, right now, I put the offer out. Lunaris, will you help this fashionista with a spell that will seal Skeletron within me while also allowing me full control over his powers?. I’m begging you my friend, only you can do this for me.”

“This is still madness Steven, why don’t we just gather a large force from The Organization and have us all attack Skeletron?”

“No Lunaris, that won’t work. You see my friend, like I said before, Skeletron controls the undead and the restless spirits. If we remove him from the equation then they will wander the land randomly and continue to wreak havoc upon everyone here in the north. No, there is only one way, let me take control of Skeletron’s power so that I may seal up the dead forever.”

“That’s another thing Steven, where will you even store such large numbers of undead?. Hypothetically speaking, let’s say I did help you with this crazy plan of yours where will you keep all of the undead and restless spirits, hidden and away from the world?”

“It just so happens that Skeletron makes his domain in a nearby catacomb. I will use his own powers against him, so to speak, and will order the undead to build a structure above it. You must then promise me that you will bind us to this structure Lunaris. I’ve given it some thought and I’ve decided that it shall appropriately be named: The Dungeon.”

Lunaris just stares at Steven in disbelief as he ponders on what course of action he should take next. Then, he sighs deeply as he replies:

“I still think you’re a fool Steven, but, you’re a fool who reminds me of... Myself. Not to mention... I do owe you a favor for helping me a few years ago when my sister and I couldn’t afford my parents funeral services. [SIGH] Fine, I’ll fulfill your request old friend. But remember, I tried to stop you from doing this Steven.”

“Very good Lunaris, words can’t express how grateful I am to you my friend. I take it you have the sealing spell ready to go?”

“I do, it works by binding your life force to Skeletron’s. Should you die, he will die too. But, should he die, you get to live.”

“Then our contract is fulfilled, your organization will have my full appreciation reflected upon your review and the extra money I’ll give you.”

“Alright then Steven, come, take my hand and I’ll teleport us to a secluded area so that I may cast the spell on you. I just hope you know what you’re doing...”

“I know exactly what I’m doing youngster, just be sure you cast your spell correctly. The last thing I want is to walk up to the lord of death with a, metaphorically speaking, ‘Wand Of Sparking’.”

“Oh ye of little faith, you wound me Steven.”

With a wave of his hand, Lunaris vanishes once more as he and Steven disappears in a beam of light. Ross Bosman, The Tavernkeeper, walks over to the table in order to clean it up as he says:

“They don’t even bother to leave me a tip.”

[POOF]

[CLINK] [CLINK] [CLINK]

As if on cue, three pieces of gold coins is materialized into being and drops onto the table.

“Well then, pleasure doing business with you.”

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Twilight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, 5x Mana Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Starlight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Starfury, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, 5x Mana Potion, 5x Health Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Rarity: Staff Of Sapphire, Flinx Staff, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x mana potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped)

Fluttershy: Slime Staff, Flinx Staff, Finch staff, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x health potion, Slime Mount, Full set of bee armor (pony, equipped), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Rainbow Dash: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver shortsword, Musket, enchanted balloon, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, Minishark, 5x Health potion, Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Applejack: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Rope, Slime Mount, Blade Of Grass, Full set of bee armor (pony), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Pinkie Pie: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), 2x Silver shortsword, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Slime Mount, Full set of bee armor (pony), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Zecora: Flinx Staff, Blowgun, Javelins, Silver Pickaxe, Silver axe, Rocket boots (equipped), various potions, Full set of bee armor (zebra, equipped), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

PreviousChapters Next