• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,640 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,640

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 127 - Boss Fight: Crabulon Pt:1

-TERRARIA, THE JUNGLE BIOME, ZECORA’S HOME-

The Jungle was covered in an orange veil as the late afternoon sun colored the leaves of the jungle trees. In addition, a structure that was built into a hollow tree was also kissed by the sun’s rays, one that was built by a zebra from another world.

Within her home and standing before her cauldron, Zecora was currently working on a new series of potions as she mixes and adds various ingredients while commenting:

“This will be quite the surprise for Gex, the Water Walking Potion is sure to be one of my best,” She then adds a Shark Fin to the mixture and continues: “I must thank him for journeying to the sea, and giving me this fin to finish my remedy,” The zebra then conjures forth a very particular plant: Waterleaf. “And thanks to my friend, Rainbow Dash, who would’ve thought her trip through the desert would give me quite the plant.” The rhythmic equine then adds the plant to the mixture and nods in content before she turns and heads towards her bed, where an open book lies in wait.

“let us see what I can procure next, thanks to this book I bought from The Traveling Merchant, a friend of Gex,” Zecora then starts to flip through the pages. “This book can take me far and a lot it has to show, perhaps I could one day meet its author named: Snow.”

Today was meant to be a day of learning for the zebra of The Everfree forest, to procreate various potions to assist not only herself, but her friends in Home Town as well. It saddened the zebra to be away from everyone for extended periods of time but it did become bearable thanks to the presence of Gex, The Witchdoctor.

Sadly, both the zebra’s peaceful abode and her plans for the remainder of the day would soon get a rude awakening. While she reads through her book, a sudden flash of red energy is let loose as a very familiar rune activates itself. However, before the barrier could be erected and trap the zebra within, like two certain ponies before her, a loud exclamation practically shakes Zecora’s home:

“WULD NAH KEST!”

In one swift motion, a green blur zooms into the home and snatches the zebra away from the barrier’s grasp. Then, Zecora re-appears right next to her cauldron along with her lihzhard savior who says:

“Zecora! I’m glad that I wasn’t too late, I casted the Whirlwind Sprint and came to your aid with due haste.”

Zecora was momentarily stunned by the events that had just taken place before she smiles gratefully and gestures for Gex to let her down. With reddenned features, the lihzhard heeds to her request via her gesture, as she comments:

“Thank you for saving me, Gex, but perhaps setting me down gently would be best?”

“M-my apologies, Zecora.” Gex replies as he sets her down onto her hooves. The two then looks at the demonic anomaly before them as Zecora questions:

“What is this unusual rune that causes me such dread? And why was it set under my bed?”

“It looks like a rune made by demonic forces, judging by its dimensions, I fear that you were the target for unfriendly intentions.” Gex replies with his left hand to his chin.

“It would appear that trouble is amiss, perhaps we should go and discuss this with Twilight and friends?” Zecora responds as the two nod in agreement and leaves Zecora’s home; leaving behind the demonic rune which soon dissipates.

Little did the two denizens of The Jungle know, they would soon be involved in a battle that was currently taking place not too far from Zecora’s home.


-TERRARIA, OUTSKIRTS OF THE JUNGLE BIOME-

At the very edge of the lush jungle biome was a large clearing of green grass; accompanied by various flowers which danced with the wind. This meadow represented a sort of serene peace and tranquility. Sadly, this would soon become chaotically interrupted as a sudden fireball makes impact and sends additional flames hurling in several directions.

The fireball was a result of a nearby conflict which was taking place as a dark pegasus could be seen flying through the air. In addition, a humanoid bird ninja could be seen dodging various fire based attacks; along with a pink haired terrarian who was engaged in close quarters combat with their foe: Tanner The Imposter. The two enter a struggle in a contest of strength as ‘The Guide’ comments:

“This is all meaningless, and I’ve already won! Zecora is no doubt captured by now! I sensed the activation of the rune, and I successfully intercepted you morons! Remind me to thank Crabulon’s prophet in the future! Then again, you’ll all be-”

“You talk too much.” Linn interjects.

Suddenly, In an impressive display of strength, Linn forces ‘Tanner’ back with her physical might and grabs the demon in disguise by his neck region. She then spins in place and flies him into the air. The imposter’s current predicament wasn’t finished as a dark pegasus follows Linn’s actions and strikes at ‘Tanner’ with his left hind leg; sending the traitor hurling into the earth below.

The demon in disguise grunts in anger and quickly gets back onto his feet as he stands within a small crater. Suddenly, a grappling hook in the form of Skeletron’s arm grabs the demon in disguise’s head with its skeletal hand from behind as a certain kenku roars out in Twilight’s voice:

“Get over here!” Tori yanks on the skeletal appendage and forces ‘Tanner’ to come hurling towards the kenku. The kenku then runs forth, all while the demon in disguise is still flying through the air, and slams a stick of dynamite into ‘Tanner’s’ mouth while zooming past the traitor.

[BOOM]

An explosion is let loose as a result and what’s left behind is a crater that’s suddenly filled with lava. Then, a ball of lava starts to float above the crater as the upper portion of ‘The Guide’s’ body forms into being. The disguised demon’s eyes start to glow with a red energy before ‘Tanner’ breaths a large surge of hellfire from his mouth. The trio of Linn, Shadow Thunder, and Tori dodges the attack but what happens next shocks everyone present as the flames start to bend and spread outwards.

“Let’s turn up the heat!” The upper portion of ‘Tanner’ roars out as a large demonic rune is suddenly etched onto the surface of the land around them. As it turns out, the flames that were let loose by ‘Tanner’s’ mouth had created a pentagram. The upper body of the traitor then raises its arms and shouts: “Now burn!”

Both Tori and Shadow Thunder were able to escape the boundaries of the large pentagram. However, Linn simply stands in place and conjures forth her lance before she impales the earth below her with the weapon.

The pentagram activates and a large pillar of fire fires up into the air from the earth below; consuming both Linn and ‘Tanner’ in the process. The attack soon dissipates as the local area becomes much warmer from the traitor’s attack. The landscape that was within the pentagram was absolutely scorched and any grain of grass that was once there was simply eradicated.

Seeing both Tori and Shadow Thunder nearby, both of whom were wearing facial features of determination, ‘Tanner’ turns his head towards them and goes on to regenerate the rest of his body as the pool of lava that was below the upper body floats up and joins him, molding into his lower portion which makes him whole once more. Unfortunately for everyone else present, the disguised demon was completely naked due to their clothing being eradicated by Tori’s earlier explosion.

“Now it’s just you two left!” The traitor exclaims. However, his facial features morph into confusion as he noticed something rather strange about the duo. One would think that after watching their ally being scorched by a pillar of hellfire, both Tori and Shadow Thunder would be worried for Linn’s well being. Instead, the duo just stood there on the edge of the scorched landscape with a smirk.

“Psst, I’m still alive,” A feminine voice whispers into the disguised demon’s ear as he turns his gaze towards Linn’s right hand’s index finger, which pokes his left cheek, before her left arm’s fist crashes into Tanner’s face. This forces ‘The Guide’ backwards as he tries to catch himself by forcing both of his legs into the earth all while he skis backwards. This action leaves behind a trail that was embedded into the earth as ‘Tanner’ rubs his face and states:

“How?! You should’ve been dead!” Then, his eyes widen when he sees the lance that Linn was currently wielding. Something about this lance made him feel uncomfortable as he comments: “This aura… that weapon… why does it feel like-”

“Excalibur?” Linn interjects with a raised eyebrow. “You could say that this lance is a child of Excalibur, but not as powerful,” She then thrusts the lance forth while saying: “Even so, I can’t imagine a better weapon to shove up your ass!”


-TERRARIA, THE GLOWING MUSHROOM BIOME, MUSHROOM VILLAGE OUTSKIRTS-

All out war was currently echoing throughout the underground biome of glowing mushrooms as everyone fought against The Brotherhood Of The Crab; just outside of Mushroom Village.

Truffles and merfolk alike could be seen fending off members of the cult as King Amidias, Shroom, and Jeremy The Angler were among them. The truffles had created a large wall of fungi to defend the village all while various individuals, most notably being female truffles, young truffles, and injured soldiers, were within the village’s safety.

Elsewhere, but still nearby, Sai Sahan, Terralestia, Echo Silhouette, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack were currently contending with the idol of this cult: Crabulon.

“Well well well, so you’re the ones that Tanner had warned me about. I’m not impressed.” Crabulon comments.

“I could say the same, crab cake!” Rainbow Dash roars out in response as she was currently wielding her ranged weapon: Eviscerator. “Seriously, you’re just some stupid crab covored in mushrooms! You’re nothing compared to what we’ve faced before!”

“Fair enough,” Crabulon responds while a ‘shrug’ as the crustacean raises both of its claws. “I might not be Skeletron or even those monstrosities from The Crimson, and I definitely ain’t no Moon Lord,” Crabulon says while waving a dismissive claw. “Even so, I’ll give you one shell of a time!”

“Wait, how did you know about all of that?!” Sai Sahan inquires.

“I have my ways, little descendant of Sombra,” Crabulon responds which causes Sai’s eyes to widen in shock. “And before you ask, no, Tanner didn’t tell me anything about that. My little cultists have been gathering knowledge for me throughout the ages.”

“But that was a long time ago!” Applejack exclaims. “How in the hay could ya’ have known anythin’ about Sai’s ancestor?!”

“My dear little pony, I’ve been around ever since the Time Of The Ancients. And no, before you ask, I’m not actually a god. Despite what my cult/dance crew would tell you. I’m just biologically immortal, but not actually immortal. I’m also one funky crab who’s gonna slap you around in this fight!” Crabulon comments as the crustacean moves its body side to side in a dancing crab gesture while also clicking his claws together.

“Enough of this!” Terralestia roars out as she spreads her wings to their full lengths and flies up into the air before she takes aim with her magic based weapon: Space Gun. The terrarian fires off multiple projectiles of green energy as they all then make contact and explodes against Crabulon’s form. However, just before the point of contact, the ancient crab took on a defensive posture as it hides its eyes by retracting them into its shell and clasps its claws against its face.

Dust was beginning to fog the area as a result of Terralestia’s attack which also managed to hide Crabulon’s form in the process. The group was hoping that the ancient crab was simply all talk and no action. However, Echo narrows his eyes and comments:

“No… this isn’t even close to being over.”

Suddenly, a giant crab claw extends itself outwards and swipes the fog made of dust away; revealing to everyone a completely unharmed Crabulon who comments:

“Oh what a terrible performance there, Celestia,” The giant crab then dances once more as it rapidly moves from side to side all while it approaches the group. “My shell’s pretty darn tough, eh?”

Upon closer inspection, Echo Silhouette’s eyes widened in realization as he came to see what Crabulon’s shell was entirely made of, in addition to the crab’s claws. Terralestia’s attack had blown away some of the dirt and glowing mushrooms, but it revealed a very rare mineral that made up Crabulon’s form to which Echo comments:

“It can’t be, that’s... Cobalt!”

Author's Note:

For those wondering, I didn't use Crabulon's theme yet since this is more or less the opening to the boss fight. Next chapter is when things pick up!

But I only have one question for you: Do you got the moves like Crabulon?

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next