• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,640 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,640

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 109 - Anubis.

-TERRARIA, HOME TOWN-

A beam of light mixed with ice suddenly manifests itself into being; within the epicenter of Home Town. Both Ritsu The Zoologist and Ceeman The Arms Dealer were instantly drawn towards the beam as they instantly recognized it as the effects of Rarity’s Ice Mirror.

In mere moments, everyone who had fled from The Dungeon were brought into being as Ritsu exclaims:

“Everyone! You’re ok!” The Zoologist then runs over to the group. “What happened out there? We saw all of those crazy streams of energy in the sky.”

“By Celestia! It was absolutely dreadful, darling,” Rarity responded all while everyone else from The Dungeon were trying to recollect themselves. “So much has happened but to start with-”

“Everyone! You’d better come take a look at this!” Ross Bossman, The Tavernkeeper, exclaims from atop the large stone walls of Home Town; specifically pointing towards the direction of The Dungeon.

Both Fluttershy and Tempest The Bandit were still unconscious, to which Magius The Wizard says:

“I’ll take these two to Helena’s nursery. I fear that dark times are upon us all in the future, my friends.” The Wizard then surrounds himself, and the two unconscious beings at his feet, as he wisps them away in a blue flashing light.

Everyone who was left behind were now heading to the top of the stone wall and soon stood besides Ross Bossman who comments:

“What the hell happened to The Dungeon? It looks like a large rainbow colored slime ate the place. That dome is so big, we can even see it from here!”

“Greed,” Steven The Clothier responds. “That bastard posed as someone and tricked us all.”

“That foul brute was trying to capture poor Fluttershy! As far as I’m concerned, he got what he deserved!” Rarity then takes on a saddened expression. “I just hope that The Slime Gods will be ok… poor darlings.”

As this is going on, Starlight looks towards Shadow Thunder with a worried expression as she says:

“Hey, um, Shadow?” This causes the stallion’s ears to perk up as he then turns his gaze towards her and replies:

“Yes, beau- sorry… I mean, Starlight?” The pegasus inquires sheepishly.

“It’s fine, you don’t need to apologize,” Starlight assures as she then takes on a sorrowful expression before she continues: “I’m so sorry for how I talked to you back there. Calling a mare ‘beautiful’ shouldn’t exactly cause her to respond that way. Can you forgive me?”

Shadow Thunder was momentarily taken aback by this before the dark pegasus then starts to laugh, to which Starlight questions with a small chuckle:

“Hey, what’s so funny?” Shadow Thunder tries to recollect himself as he responds:

“Y-you thought that I was mad at you?”

“Well… kind of?”

“Hahaha! Starlight, there’s no need to sweat yourself over that,” The dark pegasus then fully recovers from his laughter before he continues: “There’s nothing to forgive. Look, I understand that you’re troubled by something. I suspected it ever since we met during the fight with Skeletron...”

-Not to mention Twilight telling me about you punishing yourself- Shadow Thunder says internally before he returns to saying externally:

“... but I understand completely. If you ever want to talk or when you feel ready to do so, I’ll be here for you.”

Starlight was honestly shocked by the stallion’s forgiveness as she then takes on a happier expression and says:

“Thank you, Shadow Thunder. If there’s ever anything you need my help with, just let me know.”

“Actually…” Shadow Thunder responds but hesitates to go any further as he fidgets in place nervously. Taking notice of this, Starlight immediately points a forehoof at him and shouts:

“Aha! So there is something you need my help with.”

“W-what? What do you mean?”

“Oh don't you try to deny it,” Starlight responds as she then giggles to herself before bumping the stallion’s shoulder region with her forehoof, setting it down afterwards. “I’ll have you know that I can be a very stubborn mare and now that I know that you need my help, I’m not backing down. So, out with it.”

“W-well, u-um, on second thought-”

“Nooooope, I’m not buying it.” The unicorn mare says with a smirk and a raised brow.

“M-maybe we should go join the others on the-”

“Oh come on, Shadow Thunder,” Starlight interjects all while Shadow Thunder looked as if he wanted to burst. “What is it that you want to-”

“I want to ask you out to dinner!” Shadow Thunder bursts out as the stallion then quickly covers his muzzle with a forehoof.

Starlight’s features were frozen in place upon hearing those words as she then sighs and takes on a saddened expression.

“Look, Shadow Thunder… you’re a really nice stallion and I’m willing to bet that any mare would be lucky to have you. But, I can’t be one of them.”

“Starlight...” Shadow Thunder comments as he then lifts a forehoof and says: “look, we can just-”

“I said no! Please, just don’t ask me that again!”

“No, wait, Starlight! You didn’t let me fin-”

[POOF]

Firing up her horn and In a sudden flash of light purple energy, Starlight teleports away; leaving behind a dark pegasus who says in a saddened tone:

“I was going to say that we can just be friends...” The stallion then falls onto his flank in utter defeat. However, he suddenly feels a breeze brush itself against his back.

“Hey there, Shadow!” Pinkie Pie exclaims which causes the stallion to bolt back onto his whooves. “Don’t you worry about Glim Glam, she doesn’t hate you or anything,” The party pony then pulls him closer as she pokes his chest with a forehoof. “Now you listen to your aunty Pinkie Pie-”

“Pretty sure I’m five years older than you…”

“Don’t interrupt your aunty Pinkie Pie, Slim Shady.”

-Slim Shady?- Shadow Thunder inquires internally with a confused expression.

“That’s your nickname now, silly!”

-Did she just read my mind?!-

“Eh, kind of,” Pinkie Pie comments nonchalantly with shrugged shoulders. “Anyway! You need to go after Glim Glam and talk to her so that I can throw you both an apology party! Oh! I think Candy is ready to prepare today’s meals so, bye!” The pink pony then zooms off in a pink blur; leaving behind a very confused stallion who exclaims:

“What just happened?!”

“Oh, it’s just Pinkie Pie, darling. Despite being very confusing, It’s honestly part of her charm,” Rarity injects which causes Shadow Thunder to turn towards the unicorn mare, who in turn was wearing a tremendous smirk on her face. “I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation, darling.”

“H-how long were you standing there? How did I not notice you?”

“Oh, well, after Starlight teleported away, I noticed you feeling down in the gutter. Not to mention Pinkie Pie’s antics.”

“Ah, right…” Shadow Thunder replies as he then sighs sadly, to which Rarity comments:

“Listen, darling, Pinkie Pie is right. You need to go after Starlight and try to explain yourself to her. She’s not a bad mare and I must say that she can look absolutely divine with her natural beauty. However, I do wish that she’d stop trying to find ways to ‘redeem’ herself. She’s already forgiven for everything she’s done and the only pony left who needs to forgive her, is herself.”

“That’s just it though, I don’t care about what she did in the past. She’s obviously a much better pony compared to whatever she was back then. As they say: The past is the past, let it stay there and remain buried.”

“And I for one completely agree, darling. That, right there, is exactly why I want you to go after her,” Rarity pats the stallion on his left shoulder with a forehoof before she then starts to walk away. The white unicorn then glances back and comments: “I have a good feeling about you, Shadow Thunder. Do not disappoint me, darling. It would be most unwise, and uncouth.”

Shadow Thunder continues to watch the unicorn mare walk away from him as he then looks forward, takes on a determined expression, and says:

“Alright then, Starlight,” Suddenly, a series of shadows starts to flicker around the stallion. “You’re not the only one who’s stubborn.” The dark pegasus then spreads his wings to their full lengths and takes off into the skies, trailing behind a stream of darkness during his flight.


-TERRARIA, THE PYRAMID-

In what was now revealed to be Anubis’s throne room, a large golden table was now positioned in the middle of the room along with golden chairs for each and every being in attendance. Various humanoid changelings were now serving refreshments in addition to food items; placing them onto the aforementioned furniture before flying off with the buzzing of their wings.

“This is… awkward,” Terralestia comments as she observes the absolutely dumbfounding scenario before her. She then leans into Sai Sahan, who was positioned on the chair next to her, and says: “Sai, is this real life?”

Sai lets out a small chuckle before he then takes a sip of his drink, which happened to be a mug of beer, and responds:

“This is Terraria, we’re bound to see many interesting things in our lives. Having a feast with an ancient god doesn’t even surprise me anymore. Besides, it was all a misunderstanding and we're fortunate that Anubis is actually a well intentioned entity.” The terrarian then shrugs his shoulder to which Terralestia takes a moment to ponder on his words before she says:

“Eh, I guess you’re right.”

King Amidias, Tanner The Guide and Jeremy The Angler, were currently positioned on the opposite side of the table as the trio conversed amongst themselves in addition to Amidias’s soldiers.

Positioned at the head of the large table, which was also placed before a golden throne with statues of canine-like heads etched onto the arm rest, was the ancient deity himself: Anubis.

The deity was currently sat upon his throne as he started to laugh in response to his latest conversation with two certain ponies: Rainbow Dash and Applejack. In addition, the humanoid changeling by the name of: Echo Silhouette, was currently standing besides Anubis and his throne.

“Get outta here, a sonic-rainboom? That’s not a real thing,” Anubis comments as he then ponders on it for a moment. He then turns his gaze towards Applejack and questions: “Is that a real thing?”

As this goes on, Rainbow Dash simply stares at the ancient god with a shocked expression and her mouth hangs agape.

“I’m having a hard time believing it myself.” Echo comments as the changeling-like entity chuckles to himself.

“Ah’ assure ya’, partner. The sonic-rainboom is very real. Hay, it’s what got me and mah’ friends together in the first place!” Applejack exclaims proudly as she then chugs down her mug of apple cider. She then slams the mug onto the table and shouts: “Darn tootin! That’s some good cider right there!”

“You don’t believe in my sonic-rainboom?!” Rainbow Dash exclaims in disbelief as she finally recovers from her shock. She then flaps her wings and jumps out of her seat, floating in the air as she prepares to dart forth while saying “I’ll show ya!”

“No no no no!” Anubis exclaims as he gestures for her to stop. “I don’t need you ‘sonic-rainbooming’ up in my pyramid, ok?” This causes the pegasus to cease her actions as she then lowers herself back onto her chair. Anubis then sighs in relief as he takes a moment to chuckle before saying: “Ah, this reminds me of the good old times I’d have with Harmony, Daybringer, Nightcrawler, and...” Suddenly, Anubis hesitates to mention another name.

Seeing this, Rainbow Dash decides to change things up a bit as she comments:

“We saw their names and pictures on some of the walls throughout this place before we met you. What exactly happened?” Rainbow Dash questions which causes Anubis to take on a saddened expression. Applejack was quick to act as she nervously says:

“Ah’m, uh, sorry if that’s a touchy subject, Lord Anubis.”

“No no no,” Anubis responds with a dismissive gesture. “As the children of Harmony, I think it’s only right that I tell you.”

“That’s another thing, children of Harmony? I mean, I know that we’re pretty awesome being element bearers. But, from how you make it sound, is our Harmony an actual being like this world’s Harmony?” Rainbow Dash questions.

“Yeah, ah’m confused about that mah’self. Shadow Thunder often tells us-”

“Wait, Shadow Thunder?” Anubis interjects. “Is he by chance a dark pegasus and his cutie mark is a dark cloud with lighting?”

“That’s correct! Whoa, you know him?” Rainbow inquires with a hint of disbelief.

“Of course I know him, Harmony would always have him by her side whenever she came to visit,” Anubis responds as he then puts a hand to his chin in thought. “I believe that was ten years ago, not too long before she and The Hallow just up and disappeared. Anyway, back to the main topic at hand. I refer to you as the children of Harmony due to the fact that, well, that’s exactly what you are.”

“Ah’m still mighty confused. Ah’ mean, we’re from a whole other world. How could this world’s Harmony have created us? And what does that make the Harmony back in our world?”

Upon hearing this, everyone else's attention was shot towards Anubis as they silenced their own conversations and listened to him contently.

Anubis was momentarily surprised by the ponies' ignorance as the ancient god ponders and tries to choose his words wisely. After a brief moment, he lowers his hand and finally responds:

“Those images that you saw throughout my pyramid’s hallways, did you by chance see one that depicted myself and the others facing off against Yharim? Who in turn was controlling The Devourer Of Gods… my dear old friend and the third sibling to Daybringer and Nightcrawler.”

Both ponies suddenly takes on a sympathetic expression as Applejack takes off her hat and holds it against her chest before she comments:

“Ah’m mighty sorry fer’ hearin’ that, sir. That no good rotten apple has done some things to us recently too.”

“Daybringer and Nightcrawler,” Rainbow Dash comments as she then ponders on those names for a moment. “Judging by their names, can they by chance control day and night?”

“That is correct.” Anubis responds with a nod.

“That’s just like Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,” Applejack comments in awe as she then questions: “So, who was this third sibling to those two? They were also yer’ friend, right?”

Anubis hesitates for a moment before he then sighs sadly and says:

“The Devourer Of Gods is not its true name. That is a mockery that Yharim himself has conjured. Their true name is: Twilight Sparkle.”

The faces of everyone who knew, or was familiar with, the lavender alicorn were suddenly morphed into a combination of shock and pure bafflement. Then, they all shout in unison:

"Twilight?!"

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next