• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,640 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,640

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 103 - The Pyramid.

-TERRARIA, THE DESERT BIOME, PYRAMID OUTSKIRTS-

Drawing ever closer to an ancient Pyramid within The Desert Biome, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Terralestia, Sai Sahan, Jeremy The Angler and Tanner The Guide could now see what appeared to be various tents set up at a safe distance away from the pyramid. The group could see various merfolk with appearances similar to that of a sea-horse; who seemed to be floating in the air as their tails imitated swimming movement, allowing the entities to move as if they were underwater. Some among them were wearing very particular armor and wielded various weapons.

As the group continues to walk forward, Rainbow Dash comments:

“Woah… what are these guys? They look like, fish people. Also, how are they not drying themselves up in this place? Pretty sure a fish in the middle of a desert isn't going to be awesome.”

“Pureblooded merfolk, actually, and it's likely thanks to their magic that their bodies doesn't shrivel up here,” Terralestia responds factually. “These are merfolk from King Amidias’s new kingdom. To be honest, I can’t help but feel sorry for the poor guy.”

“What happened to em’?” Applejack inquires which causes Sai Sahan to turn towards the cowmare and say:

“Let me answer your question, with another question,” The terrarian then turns his gaze towards Rainbow Dash and questions: “Do you remember the desert where we fought The Desert Scourge?”

“Of course I do, that was my first boss after all.” The cyan pegasus states proudly.

“As you know, that desert used to be an ocean,” Sai Sahan then took on a sympathetic expression before he continues: “That very same ocean was King Amidias’s previous domain.”

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were both in awe at this revelation as the two mares respond in unison:

“Whoa…”

“Unfortunately, not even I know about how the sea disappeared or what caused it to become a barren desert.” Tanner The Guide comments with a sheepish smile.

“Uh, no offence or anything, Tanner… but you’ve been a pretty terrible guide.”

“Rainbow Dash!” Applejack exclaims in response as terralestia leans into Sai Sahan and whispers:

“Ooooh, gonna need The Nurse for that one.”

Jeremy The Angler released a small snicker as he says:

“Gotta say, maybe your pegasus friend should’ve been The Element Of Honesty because, damn, that was brutal honesty.”

No one could ever take notice but a certain humanoid bird entity, who still remained within Applejack’s shadow, couldn’t help but to laugh internally at the pegasus’s words.

“You cut me deep, Rainbow… you cut me deep.” Tanner comments with a pout which in turn causes the pegasus to smile sheepishly.


The group was now starting to enter the encampment as various of the seafolk took a moment to whisper about their new visitors. Specifically, the two ponies that were amongst the group.

“By the coral of the seas, it’s them.”

“Those are the ponies that King Amidias spoke of.”

“The ones who fought The Moon Lord?!”

“I hear that the orange one fought Queen Beezma.”

“That pegasus was among those who fought The Desert Scourge.”

“Not to mention everything that happened in The Crimson.”

“My friend, The Traveling Merchant, told me that those ponies were there when Skeletron invaded some town to the north.”

Every last one of their onlookers continued to comment about the ponies' various accomplishments. Applejack was reddened with embarrassment but, of course, a certain cyan pegasus was soaking in all the praise as she says:

“Yup, I know, we’re pretty awesome.”

“Me and my people have heard all about you, ponies from another world.” A new voice comments which causes the group to turn their gaze towards a merfolk who was donned in obvious royal attire.

“Celebes The Dryad has informed me of your exploits as of late. She stopped by some time ago before she went to assist you all within The Crimson Biome. My deepest condolences. Me and my people know first fin of the monstrosities that are born there.”

“Your majesty.” Terralestia comments as she bows before The Sea King along with Sai Sahan, Jeremy The Angler, and Tanner The Guide. Both Rainbow Dash and Applejack were about to bow as well before The Sea King raises a hand and says:

“I appreciate the gesture, land lovers, but please, rise. Despite being king, I see you all as my equals.”

“Gawrsh yer’ majesty, ah’m humbled by yer’ words. Mah’ name’s Applejack.” Applejack comments as she holds her hat against her chest region.

“Sup! Rainbow Dash’s my name, being awesome is my game. By the way, you guys look awesome! You remind me of the hippogriffs from Seaquestria.”

“I assume that to be a nation and species from your world? They sound lovely to my ears and we thank you for the compliment, child of harmony.” Amidias responds which instantly catches the attention of the two ponies whose ears perks up upon those words.

“Child of Harmony? Ya’ll know about The Empress who ruled over The Hallow?” Applejack inquires.

“Of course,” Amidias responds happily. “Harmony was an ally to me and my people. When I heard about The Hallow’s disappearance and by extension her own, my heart felt like a dried ocean.”

“You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would ya? Asking for a friend.” Rainbow Dash comments in reference to a certain shadow pegasus.

“I’m sorry but we have no knowledge of what caused their disappearance. If I had to put a number on it, I’d say Harmony and her biome disappeared roughly about ten years ago.” The Sea King answers.

“That sounds about right,” Terralestia comments. “Shadow Thunder told me that he was away at the time but The Hallow did indeed disappear ten years ago.”

The Sea King then claps his hands together before saying:

“That’s enough history for now, my friends. Please, let us now speak of our objective: The Pyramid.” Amidias then beckons them to follow as the royal merfolk swishes his tail back and forth, moving ahead of them as they follow close behind.

As this is going on, Jeremy The Angler was incredibly nervous with a cold sweat. Tanner sees this as he leans in and questions:

“You alright there?”

“Of course I’m not alright,” Jeremy responds with a nervous tone. “Do you not see what’s all around us?”

“Uh, aside from us there’s sand, tents, a pyramid, and sea folk?”

“Don’t be a smart ass. Think for just one second, I’m The Angler, they’re a bunch of sea people. Now ask me again if I’m ‘Alright’, of course I’m not. I’m on the verge of shitting myself.”

Taking in his words, Tanner looks around and notices that some of the merfolk were indeed looking at Jeremy with a mixture of suspicious and questioning expressions. The Guide then chuckles to himself and says:

“As The Guide, I’d like to advise that you, my friend, are fucked.”

“Rainbow Dash was right, you are a shitty guide.”


King Amidias was currently leading the group through his established encampment as he began to monologue about the pyramid that stood before them.

“This pyramid was discovered by some explorers that I sent out to investigate this site. If our theories are correct then this place serves as an entrance to: The Sunken Sea,”

“All of life was born from the seas. It was from them that sprung the vast multitude of creatures today, though their beginnings were rather humble. Slimes formed out of gelatinous organic matter, and tiny worms from the earth and muck. Not to mention the actions of The Slime Gods. Fish soon followed, and many fled to the deep unexplored caverns in the lands. Many coasts of the world were riddled with extensive cave systems, going miles deep. These unending tunnels and air pockets gave rise to a marvelous ecosystem. The critters fed, lived, and died in these caverns of darkness lit only by phosphorus bacteria, and radiant crystals. As time passed, and they became more and more adapted to those sheltered caves, there was less and less reason for them to venture outside, and so, centuries passed with no effect on these living remnants of history. They lost their eyes, their complexion, and so, were shaped by their environment. After tectonic shifts in the planet's crust, these subterranean paradises of marine life were isolated deep underground, where the inhabitants would wait, forever blind in the sunken seas.”

As Amidias continues, Rainbow Dash leans into Applejack and says in a whispered tone:

“Good grief, this guy sounds like Twilight.”

“Come on, Rainbow. Ya’ can’t just say stuff like that.”

“King Amidias,” Terralestia comments. “Is there perhaps a reason as to why you want to hunt down The Giant Clam and Crabulon? Pardon me if this sounds rude but I’d like to get more information on this.”

The Sea King suddenly pauses which in turn stops the group from moving forward. He then takes on a saddened expression and says:

“My daughter, Princess Skystar, is suffering from an ancient curse. The only way to lift this curse is with the pearl of a Giant Clam. One must grind it into a fine powder and consume it. The clam is a magical creature but it unfortunately has formed a symbiotic relation with Crabulon. In addition, a cult of rogue merfolk has also risen from worshipping this entity.”

“There's a whole cult dedicated to this thing? It’s a crab!” Rainbow Dash exclaims which causes Applejack to jab her left stomach region.

“Remember what I told you in Candy Cane Corner, Rainbow,” Terralestia says with a side glance before she returns her gaze to The Sea King. “So essentially, you wish to extract this pearl from The Giant Clam. I’d like to also give my condolences to you for your daughter, King Amidias. What of the cult?”

“Should we encounter any cultists, which I’m fairly certain we will, you and your allies have my permission to execute them.” Amidias responds.

“Sweet Celestia, execution? What kind of crimes are we talkin’ about here?” Applejack questions. Incidentally, when the cowmare mentioned Celestia, Terralestia thought that the pony was referring to her for a moment before realizing that wasn’t the case.

“This leads into why we must defeat Crabulon. Not only will the creature stop us from extracting the Giant Clam’s pearl but the cultists have sacrificed many innocent lives to this creature. Our mission is to save my daughter and bring about justice! We shall punish The Brotherhood Of The Crab!”

Rainbow Dash suddenly bursts out into a fit of laughter as she falls down onto the sand and says:

“The Brotherhood Of The Crab?! That’s the dumbest name I’ve ever heard! Bwahahahaha!” The pegasus mare continues to laugh which in turn earns her some deadpan stares from her friends and allies.


-TERRARIA, THE PYRAMID-

Positioning some of his guards outside of the pyramid, King Amidias leads the group into the ancient structure. Grains of sand leaked from the ceiling all while the ponies and terrarians took in the sight. Rainbow Dash in particular was starry eyed as she constantly made comparisons with her favorite book series: Daring-Do.

The group continued onward and soon enough, they began to witness very particular statues. Most notably, these entities seemed to be reminiscent of a sort of bipedal Basenji, a species of dog. Rainbow Dash was the one to point this out to which Applejack inquires:

“How’d ya’ know about that, Rainbow?”

“Eh, you learn a thing or two when you hang out with Fluttershy for so long.” Rainbow Dash responds.

..........

“How old could this place be? Actually, come to think of it... how did you find this place, your majesty?” Tanner The Guide questions.

“That’s just it, this pyramid simply just appeared out of nowhere. I can not explain how and why but one thing is for certain, this place seems to date back to The Time Of The Ancients,” King Amidias answers as he takes in the carvings on the walls and the various statues that were positioned just adjacent from each other in the hallways of the pyramid. “Some of my soldiers reported seeing various members of The Brotherhood entering this ancient pyramid. That is why I was certain that this place is some sort of entrance or pathway to The Sunken Sea.”

“Everyone! You’d better come see this!” Sai Sahan exclaims which causes the rest of the group to run over to him. What now stood before the group were various drawings of individuals that were etched onto the wall. Rainbow Dash then takes notice of what looked like a pony with rainbow colored wings, that resembled the wings of a fairy in appearance.

“Look at that one, it looks like… a pony? It’s not a pegasus but that pony clearly has wings.” The cyan pegasus says.

"Wait ah' second," Applejack replies with a forehoof to her chin. "That pony fits the description of what Shadow Thunder told us, after the battle with Skeletron. Is that... Harmony?"

“Athena, Harmony, Anubis, Greed, The Equinox Worms... there are so many names here that correlates with their appropriate image. Every drawing of an entity has their name positioned next to them.” King Amidias comments which catches everyone by surprise. “There is no mistaking it, this pyramid does indeed come from The Time Of The Ancients.”

As the rest of the group continues to converse, something on the ceiling catches Rainbow Dash’s attention as the pegasus flies up towards it. A large image was now present before her as she took notice of some of the entities from the other drawing that the rest of the group were still observing. In this image, they were all attacking something in unison. An enormous worm-like entity that was similar to The Equinox Worms and Greed. Then, the pegasus’s eyes were widened when she saw… him, riding on the back of a large red dragon. In addition, It was all too clear that he was ordering the large worm-like entity to do his bidding, based on what was depicted in the image.

In a tone of absolute disbelief, the cyan pegasus comments:

“Oh buck… it can’t be… Yharim? What's with the dragon? And who the buck is this Devourer Of Gods?”

Author's Note:

Second chapter will be uploaded later on today. :pinkiehappy:

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next