• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,625 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,625

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35 - Boss Fight: The Eye Of Cthulhu Pt:1.

-TERRARIA, CRIMSON BIOME-

The time has finally come as Twilight, Starlight, and Rainbow Dash looks onto The Biome before their very eyes; narrowing their features in determination. Moments ago, Sai Sahan and Celestia finished briefing the adventurers about their plans and stratagems. The two terrarians walks up to the trio of ponies with Celestia saying:

“Here we are everyone... We're finally here. Are you sure you’re all prepared for this?. The Crimson Biome can be overwhelming for the faint of heart.”, The ponies turn their gaze towards the terrarian and replies:

“I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t scared, however, if this gets us one step closer to getting back home... Then I’m ready for it!” - Twilight.

“Couldn’t have said it better myself Twilight, besides, we’re all together. How bad can it be?” - Rainbow Dash.

“You know Rainbow... I can’t help but feel like you shouldn’t have said that. Tempting fate and all that...” - Starlight.

“We’re all ready to depart friends, we march out in five minutes.”, Sai Sahan says as he joins the group in their conversation after addressing some of his fellow adventurers. “Weapons, armor, magic... We can extract them from this biome. I’ll ask the blacksmiths to design some armor for you and your friends when this is all done.”

“About that Sai...”, Twilight interjects as she puts a hoof to her chin in thought. “That book you gave me, it mentioned that Disco- I mean, Disidian, gave terrarians the knowledge needed to create those materials from The Crimson. My worry is, aren’t there any side effects?”

“A fair inquiry indeed twilight, well, to answer your question the answer is quite simple: Purification Powder. My family has procured a large sum of the powder thanks to one of my ancestors who had good relations with The Dryads. With it, we managed to design and craft weapons using a specific type of ore that can only be found within this biome: Crimtane Ore.”

“Aw I see, The Dryad who helped us gave some of that powder to princess Luna before we fought The Moon Lord. So if I understand correctly, it can protect anyone using such weapons without the worry of having any negative side effects?, that’s genius really!”, Twilight exclaims excitingly as her curiosity was being satisfied, to which both Starlight and Rainbow Dash rolls their eyes.

[CHUCKLE] You have a healthy sense of curiosity Twilight Sparkle, just don’t allow yourself to get too curious. We have a saying here on Terraria and I suggest you heed it: ‘Gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”, Sai Sahan says with a raised hand to emphasize his warning. “And F.Y.I, we literally have an abyss here on Terraria...”

“Bwahaha, like that’s gonna stop the egghead. In this case the abyss will run away because she’s staring for too long.”, Raindow Dash says with a smirk which causes Sai, Celestia, and Starlight to laugh followed by a pouting Twilight who grunts in annoyance. Sai Sahan recovers from the laughter and says:

“Alright then everyone, let’s be off.”


Some time passes by and the large force of terrarian and pony adventurers are now trekking their way through the biome of repulsive flesh. Admittedly, Twilight almost lost her breakfast having witnessed the mangled remains of deceased beings and the overall, utterly disgusting, fleshy environment of the biome. What made Twilight and her friends concerned however was the fact, at the very moment they entered the biome, the skies had darkened. This place was simply unnatural and they could sense it in full. On Equus, they say that a pony’s instincts, specifically the instinct to run, kicks in when they can sense something that’s so dangerous they simply couldn’t fight against it. The ponies didn’t want to admit it, but they felt it, they were utterly afraid of this place. Even Rainbow Dash, who ever so often puts on a brave face filled with confidence, couldn’t hide her shaking form. She wasn’t even flying in the air as she usually does since the cyan pegasus was currently huddled against Twilight and Starlight, wings tightly clutched against her body.

The Living Flesh truly lives up to its name as fleshy tendrils moved about the area but for some reason they didn’t seem to be aggressive towards the adventurers as they passed by. Seeing this, Twilight was beginning to wonder why they even called this place ‘The flesh that hates’, among other things. The poor Alicorn quickly scolded herself for even thinking that less she tempts fate. As the large group continues on, they currently find themselves in a rather large and open area. Suddenly, Sai Sahan lifts a hand into the air and clutches his fist as he declares:

“Everyone halt!”, His words echoed throughout the area upon which every adventurer, including the trio of ponies, heeds to his call and stops dead in their tracks. Celestia was currently positioned behind Sai as she slowly walks up to him and asks:

“Are you feeling what I’m feeling?, this isn’t right... Nothing has attacked us since we entered this place. It’s called: ‘The flesh that hates’, for a reason yet nothing has happened-”

“Yet...”, Sai Sahan says as he finishes celestia’s words with an ominous tone. “I don’t like this Celestia, it’s too quiet. Even our pony friends can sense it, I don’t want to sound as if I doubt our current strength but perhaps we should-”

[rooROORGH]

A loud roar engulfs the area and before anyone could question it the fleshy earth nearby explodes, throwing flesh into the air in the process, as a large circular being slowly rises into the air. Twilight, her fellow ponies, and all of the terrarians looks on with widened eyes and shocked expressions as the being literally looks down upon them, a large eye:

[rooROORGH]

The large eye roars out again and in mere moments it begins to fire out of its pupil smaller versions of itself. These smaller entities soon filled the air around them. That wasn’t all however as suddenly, nearby, The Crimson Biome truly showed why it’s called: ‘The Flesh That Hates’, as grotesque beings of pure red flesh begins to erupt out of the fleshy landscape.

The flesh abominations gave the adventurers no warning as they ran towards them in a hoard, almost zombie like as they groan hungrily. All of the adventurers regains their composure and narrows their features in anger and determination. Mages charged up their spells, warriors held their melee weapons at the ready, while those who specializes in ranged combat readies their bows and clicked, or pumped, their various guns.

“Attack!”, Sai Sahan exclaims as he, Starlight Glimmer, and a large portion of the entire army runs towards the encroaching swarm of flesh monsters while others, including Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Celestia, targets the large eye floating above them in addition to the smaller eyes around it.

“I know that thing... It was in the book. The Eye Of Cthulhu!” Twilight exclaims as she, Rainbow Dash, and Celestia spreads their wings and materializes their weapons.

After gaining new weapons from The Desert Scourge Twilight decides to manifest two staves and dual wields them in each of her front hooves. In her right hoof, she held her Sapphire staff while in her left hoof, she held her newly acquired staff: Storm Spray. Celestia did the exact same and mimicked Twilight’s duel wielded weapons. Rainbow Dash also duel wielded two weapons but of different types: The Minishark, and her newly acquired melee weapon: Aquatic Discharge.

“Forward my little ponies!, mages and archers, fire at will!”, Celestia exclaims as she points her Sapphire Staff towards the flying foes. A series of spells and various ranged attacks follows as the ground forces of the adventurers fires upon both The Eye Of Cthulhu and its smaller counterparts.

Rainbow Dash begins to unload her Minishark thus killing many of the Demon Eyes in the process and those that got too close to her met their end when she slashes them with Aquatic Discharge. What shocks Rainbow is what happens next as she uses her newly aquired weapon. After killing a demon eye, a spark of electricity would shock any nearby foe thus killing them in turn. This causes the Pegasus to smirk as she continues to dodge and fly around her foes in a beautiful display of both ranged and close quarters combat.

Celestia and Twilight were truly an impressive pair as they both fly back to back extending their staves out, unleashing their weapon’s fury in addition to Twilight’s horn. The Alicorn admittedly doubted how her new weapon, Storm Spray, could even hurt anything with just water alone. She soon realized how wrong she was as she sprays a flow of water into a large gathering of Demon Eyes upon which the water damaged and killed them before her very eyes. She couldn’t believe what she was seeing, but, was not going to complain as she smirks and continues to fire away at her foes.

[rooROORGH]

The massive eye roars out and begins to charge at its foes by rushing forward with all its might. Twilight didn’t want to find out how a large eye, a very soft part of any living beings body, could ever be that painful by ramming into you as she and Celestia dodges its pursuit. The Alicorn soon got her answer as the large eye entity, unfortunately, manages to ram into some of the adventurers below which results in a fairly large crater thus wounding and killing some of them in the process. What shocks everyone present is what happens next: The eye fazes right through the fleshy earth it had made impact on.

“How the hay can it do that?!”, Rainbow Dash shouts as she, along with every one else present, looked on with shocked expressions. However, their attention quickly turned to the Demon Eyes that still littered the skies above them and rained down to attack them.

“I don’t understand!, can it change its body’s density at will?. It rammed into the ground and created a crater, but then just phases right through it as if it were taking a swim.”, Twilight exclaims as she kills a few more Demon Eyes in the process. Celestia flies alongside her and says:

“I don’t know dear Twilight, but we- look out everyone!”

[CRASH]

The ground erupts once more, specifically underneath an unfortunate group of adventurers, as The Eye Of Cthulhu rapidly zooms out of the fleshy earth, killing and harming more of them in the process. It then tries to ram into Celestia and Twilight, as it spots them in the sky.

“Move!”, Twilight exclaims as she and Celestia dodges to the right together, as the large form of the eye passes by due to a missed attack. However, the eye now has a new target: Rainbow Dash, who was currently being distracted by a few Demon Eyes.

“Rainbow!, watch out!”, Twilight and Celestia exclaims in unison which catches the cyan pegasus’s attention, said attention then snapped to the large form that was rapidly encroaching her. But, Rainbow Dash wasn’t panicking at all... She was determined. Tightly gripping her melee weapon, Aquatic Discharge, the pegasus flies downwards to meet her foe head on. Mere moments before she makes impact with the large entity, Rainbow dematerializes her minishark and brought forth a certain gift from Vinny The Demolitionist: A stick of dynamite.

[rooROORGH]

The Eye Of Cthulhu roars out just before it tries to make impact. However, Rainbow Dash barely manages to avoid the large figure, but she doesn’t avoid the entity entirely, as she quickly stabs it with with her melee weapon and ‘catches a ride’, by holding onto the weapon pierced into the large entity’s flesh. A large jolt of electricity travels throughout the eye, causing it to roar out in pain. The stunt pegasus wasn’t done yet as she quickly removes her blade and shoves a lighted stick of dynamite into the wound. Rainbow Dash smirks as she lets go of the large eye and flies down to her fellow comrades.

“Rainbow!, what were you thinking?!”, Twilight exclaims as she sees her friend floating before her. Rainbow Dash smirks as she counts down:

“3”

“2”

“1”

“Awesome.”

[BOOM] [rooROORGH]

The large eye roars out in agony as the stick of dynamite explodes, this causes the adventurers below to cheer for the pegasus as they continue to fight the smaller demon eyes. Celestia and Twilight smile happily as they shout in unison:

“Way to go Rainbow!”

“Like I said, I’m awe-”

[rooROORGH]

Rainbow’s words were cut off and everyone is shocked as their attention is once again drawn to the large eye who suddenly begins to... Spin rapidly. At first, everyone had hoped that this was just some sort of death dance before the large eye met its end, they couldn’t be more wrong. This, was a transformation... Phase two one could say. All present looked up in horror as the pupil that used to exist in the eye disappears and what remains was something entirely different: A mouthed Eye Of Cthulhu with razor sharp teeth.

“Well... Buck...”
“Well... Fuck...”


-EQUUS, CRYSTAL EMPIRE CASTLE: MECHS AND DEVICES CREATIONAL CHAMBER-

Princesses Luna and Cadence were currently being accompanied by Spike and a few of their royal guards as they make their way down a hallway. However, Cadence has in her possession a very familiar artifact: The Crystal Heart. Soon, they find themselves just outside of a large pair of double doors adorned with crystalline decorations, much like the rest of the doors throughout the castle.

“Open it, please.”, Cadence orders as two of the guardsponies grabs either side of the doors with their hooves and pulls them open.

[CRANK] [CRANK] [BOTCH]

As soon as the doors open, the sounds of tools and various working equipment erupts from the room. Various ponies work tirelessly on a rather large machine that sat perfectly in the middle of the room. Spike and The Princesses head inside as the guardsponies remain outside of the room to guard the entrance as they slowly shut the doors. Various ponies takes notice of the Princesses and bows respectfully before returning to their work. Two ponies in particular, who were currently at the top of two separate sets of ladders, notices them as they says:

“Look what we have here dear brother of mine, let us amaze the royal Alicorns with this here device!”

“Why yes dear brother of mine, to save Equus!”

The Flim Flam brothers exclaims as they hop down the ladders in unison, lands on the crystal floor, and bows before the aforementioned royals including Spike. Luna raises a hoof to the brothers and says:

“Be at peace and rise, Flim Flam brothers. We see thou hath progressed well with thy current project.”

“Indeed your Highness!”, The brothers say in unison as they stand on opposite sides of the machine and says:

“I Flim...”

“And I flam...”

“Present to you our weapon against the horrible corruption: The Flim-Flam-Purification Tower!”

“Amazing... However, there’s one final piece we need.” Cadence says as she floats The Crystal Heart to the top of the device. “There, now it is complete. Well done everypony!.”

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Twilight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, 5x Mana Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Starlight: Staff Of Sapphire, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Starfury, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, 5x Mana Potion, 5x Health Potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Rarity: Staff Of Sapphire, Flinx Staff, Magic Hat (equipped), Mystic Robe (equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x mana potion, Rocket Boots (equipped), Slime Mount (equipped)

Fluttershy: Slime Staff, Flinx Staff, Finch staff, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x health potion, Slime Mount, Full set of bee armor (pony, equipped), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Rainbow Dash: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver shortsword, Musket, enchanted balloon, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Dynamite, Minishark, 5x Health potion, Slime Mount (equipped), Seabound Staff, Barinade, Storm Spray, Aquatic Discharge, Scourge Of The Desert, Dune Hopper, Sand Cloak, Victory Shards x14, Aero Stone (equipped)

Applejack: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Rope, Slime Mount, Blade Of Grass, Full set of bee armor (pony), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Pinkie Pie: Full set of silver armor (pony, equipped), 2x Silver shortsword, Silver pickaxe, Silver axe, 5x Health potion, Rocket boots (equipped), Slime Mount, Full set of bee armor (pony), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

Zecora: Flinx Staff, Blowgun, Javelins, Silver Pickaxe, Silver axe, Rocket boots (equipped), various potions, Full set of bee armor (zebra, equipped), Hornet Staff, Beenades x5, Honeyed Goggles (equipped), Nectar, Honey Comb (equipped), Hive Wand, The Bees Knees, Bee Keeper, Bee Gun.

PreviousChapters Next