• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,640 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,640

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 128 - Boss Fight: Crabulon Pt:2

-TERRARIA, THE GLOWING MUSHROOM BIOME-

Despite all of their weaponry and equipment, the group continues to struggle against the nearly impenetrable armor of Crabulon. The ancient crab was literally dancing around the group; all while it continued to comment on their ‘terrible performances’.

“Show me your moves, chicken horse!” Crabulon exclaims as the crab points a claw towards the cyan pegasus.

“Chicken horse?!” Rainbow Dash exclaims in response as she flies through the air with her ranged weapon at the ready. “I’m not a chicken horse! I’m a pegasus pony, you bucking crab!” The cyan pegasus fires her Eviscerator and unleashes a series of blood composed projectiles. Each projectile was ressemblent to a bullet made entirely of blood, as it also leaves behind a trail of blood while traveling to its wielder’s target.

Crabulon simply strikes a defensive pose and takes the attack head on; without even attempting to avoid it. The projectiles splats onto the crab as the blood covered areas start to burn acidically. However, all the attack did was remove the dirt and glowing mushroom from the affected areas of Crabulon’s body. It had no effect on the armor that lies beneath.

As Rainbow Dash, Sai Sahan, and Terralestia continue to fight the ancient crab, both Echo Silhouette and Applejack dodges one of Crabulon’s strikes as they both hop backwards in tandem, before the cowmare exclaims:

“Echo! What in tarnation is Cobalt?!”

“It’s a rare mineral that Lord Anubis has informed me all about, and with our current equipment, I don’t know if we could ever puncture Crabulon’s shell.” Echo responds.

“Well, how in the hay do we get our hooves on some?!”

……….

As Applejack and Echo converse, and during the battle before them, Sai Sahan attempts to strike at Crabulon with his Red Phaseblade, but the weapon simply bounces off of the nearly impenetrable armor as Crabulon shouts in response:

“Booo! You suck!”

……….

Echo fires off another series of arrows, but they were sadly of no effect as the projectiles simply bounced off of the giant crab.

“Nice try, bug boy!” Crabulon shouts in response to Echo’s failed attack as the crab’s eye elongates itself to look over its shell. This in turn causes the humanoid changeling to grunt in annoyance. Crabulon then retracts his eye and turns his gaze back to Rainbow Dash, Sai Sahan, and Terralestia who were currently attacking the crab in combination.

……….

The humanoid changeling finally responds to Applejack’s earlier inquiry as he answers:

“It’s said that should one perform a great deed for the world, Cobalt shall be blessed upon all of Terraria; in addition to multiple other minerals such as Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, and the list goes on and on.”

“But then, how in da’ hay did this thing get Cobalt?! It sure ain’t done no great deed fer’ the world!” Applejack replies

……….

Overhearing the cowmare’s words, Crabulon spins in a full circle and bats away Rainbow Dash, who happened to be swooping in at the time, with his right claw which sends her flying away from the force of the blow.

“Rainbow Dash!” Terralestia exclaims as she flies after the cyan pegasus to intercept her.

As that happens, Sai Sahan joins both Applejack and Echo Silhouette all while Crabulon goes on to answer Applejack’s question:

“How did I get this beautiful shell of mine? Why, The God Of Greed, of course. Let's just say we worked something out a long time ago.”

“The God Of Greed? Wait, y'all don't mean the one from those pictures in the pyramid, do ya'?” Applejack questions.

"The very same one!” Crabulon roars out as he attempts to slam his left claw onto the pony; threatening to crush her as a result. The trio dodges the crab’s strike as Echo Silhouette exclaims:

“Greed?! But he should be confined to his caverns and trapped with his hoard!”

“Oh, that was part of the deal,” Crabulon responds as he tanks a blow from Applejack’s Orange Phaseblade and bats her away with his right claw. This in turn causes her to let out a painful exclamation as Sai goes to aid her. Crabulon continues: “In exchange for a large sum of Cobalt Ore, I ordered my cult to free the trapped god from his imprisonment. I then had my cult simply melt the ore onto my body, and bang! Cobalt covered body in your face! Since then, Greed's been wandering the world in a disguise and imprisoning a whole bunch of other gods. I think it was Logan? Loganic?”

“But, that’s madness! The God Of Greed should know that by doing so, the world could fall out of balance!” Echo roars out in response.

“Funny enough, I said the same thing, bug boy. Want to know what he said in response?” Crabulon inquires as he prepares to strike at the humanoid changeling by raising both of his claws. “Who needs balance when you can have it all?! And I happen to agree with that!” Crabulon slams his claws down upon Echo Silhouette, but is instantly surprised by what happens next as a sudden force pushes against the crab’s claws.

A large spire of green flames suddenly erupts from the changeling as his body starts to morph during the process. Seven heads were beginning to emerge from the green flames; followed soon by a large quadrupedal body and a powerful long tail.

Crabulon’s eyes widened in response as he recognized the entity that Echo Silhouette had copied: Yamata, the devil with seven heads.

“Well now... aren’t we a bold one to assume the form of the devil. Although, you’re much smaller than Yamata… the real one is so big, they can’t even fit down here.” Crabulon comments.

“I may have taken that monster’s form, but I’m nothing like them,” Echo responds via the middle head of Yamata. “Thanks to the truffle’s History Mushroom, I was able to see what Yamata actually looked like.”

“Which begs the question: Do you also have their power?” Crabulon inquires.

The middle head of the hydra-like entity narrows its eyes in response, all while the other six heads slithered about and prepares for combat, as Echo responds:

“No, I can imitate a being's form and somewhat copy their physical might, but not their power. Even so, this will help me to defeat you!” The hydra-like monstrosity rushes forth as all seven of its heads prepare to wrap themselves and bite into Crabulon’s form.

“Hah! Change into whatever form you want! You still can’t pierce my armor!” Crabulon roars out in response as the two entities are moments away from colliding into each other.


Nearby and just before the wall of fungi that protects the village, King Amidias, Jeremy The Angler, and Shroom, in addition to other truffles and Amidias’s guards, continues to fight off The Brotherhood Of The Crab.

“Come on you crab worshipping maniacs!” The Angler roars out as he fires off his harpoon and impales the head of a crab cultist who was rushing towards The angler with a crab shaped melee weapon, in a maniacal fashion.

……….

Shroom conjures forth a wall of fungi, a miniature version of the one that surrounds the village, and sends it forth with a gesture of the truffle’s left arm. The wall then collides with various cultists and both crushes them under its force, or sends them aloft. In addition, Shroom roars out as he lifts his arm and smashes a cultist who tried to strike at him with a spear, leaving behind a mound of gore mixed with the cultist’s clothing.

“Shroom smash evil surface dwellers!”

……….

Powerful bolts of lightning are let loose by the trident of King Amidias as they reduce various cultists to ashes upon the very moment of contact. Some of the cultists attempts to bombard The Sea King with magic based attacks, but failed as Amidias erected a barrier of water all around him. He then extends his right arm towards some of the cultists and exclaims:

“Water exists in all forms of life!” The cultists suddenly start to cry out in pain and discomfort, and are both stunned in place and lifted into the air as their mouths seem to be forcefully opened. “The blood that flows within your very being is proof of that.” With a simple gesture of his right hand, Amidias drains the blood right out of the cultists and forces it out of their mouths, eyes, ears, nose, and even their… ‘backside’. A series of corpses now lies all around The Sea King, while the blood he drained still floats all around him, as he goes on to say:

“I do not enjoy using this ability, but you’ve left me with no choice,” Bending and morphing the blood to his will, Amidias forms a series of melee weaponry and hurls them towards other cultists. "Blood bending is only allowed as a defensive action within my kingdom."

Witnessing this event, and with a nervous tone and a matching expression, Jeremy the Angler comments:

“I would like to point out--for the record--that I humanely catch my fish. So, uh, please don’t ever do that to me…” Amidias simply chuckles in response as he raises his trident into the air and exclaims:

“Such things do not matter as of this moment! Come, Jeremy, let us meet our foes in combat!”

Suddenly, a loud warhorn goes off and everyone's attention is drawn towards a new type of enemy: Mounted members of The Brotherhood Of The Crab. The large crustaceans they rode upon were orange and white in coloration. However, the crabs also had a rune etched onto their shells which was just under the saddle that their riders were sat upon.

At the lead of these new forces and mounted on a blue and white large crab, instead of the orange and white coloration of the others, was a very particular individual: Crabulon’s Prophet.

“For the glory of Crabulon! Bury these blasphemers in the dirt and paint The Glowing Mushroom Biome red in their blood!”

The newly arrived mounted enemies then start to go forth into battle as Shroom, other truffles, and Amidias’s men collide with these forces.

Seeing the crabs that the cultists were mounted upon, King Amidias shouts:

“You dare to turn creatures of the sea against me?! Fools!” Amidias then raises his left arm and aims it towards the large crabs. A vibrant blue aura surrounds his body as he narrows his eyes with a determined expression and grunts in effort. However, his eyes are shot wide open as he says: “What devilry is this? What have they done to these creatures?!”

“What’s going on?!” Jeremy The Angler inquires.

“They do not heed to my call! The call of the sea! Something is blocking my-” The Sea king’s words were cut off as he takes notice of the runes that were etched onto the backs of each and every crab. He then grits his teeth in anger and shouts: “Insolent cultists! You dare meddle with the minds of these sea creatures?! I shall punish you accordingly!”

The war continues to wage on as both King Amidias and Jeremy The Angler join the fray. All the while, and nearby, a large seven headed entity and a large blue crab, the idol of the cult, continue to struggle against each other with a pegasus, an orange earth pony, and two terrarians supporting the hydra-like entity.


-TERRARIA, THE JUNGLE BIOME OUTSKIRTS-

Both Zecora and Gex were making their way through the lush jungle as they could hear a very particular commotion nearby. Various leaves were being forced aside and the sounds of cracking sticks echoes out as both the zebra and the lihzhard continues onward.

Pushing aside one final bushel of leaves, they bear witness to a battle taking place in the distance within a large clearing, or a meadow. They could see a kenku, a pink haired terrarian, and a dark pegasus going to war against a foe who continues to spew hellfire at them. The zebra narrows her eyes in both determination and recognition as she comments:

“I do not know what is happening, but our friends need our aid. Come Gex, let us join the fray!”

“I see that their foe is The Guide, this is most unsettling. But alas, let us continue with our meddling!”

The two jungle dwellers then start to conjure forth their weapons and spells as they run full borth into the distant battle. However, the duo won’t be alone as they noticed another group was currently making their way towards the battle, and upon closer inspection: These were the denizens of Home Town.

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next