• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,623 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,623

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 135 - Greed's Purposal.

-TERRARIA, THE DUNGEON DEPTHS-

Still donned in his terrarian form, Greed/Loganic nonchalantly makes his way towards the large crowd of voices that were getting louder with every step he took. The Ancient was also singing a tune, while dancing in tandem by spinning around in circles:

“Dun dun dun da dun dun dun dun dun,” Greed humps the air before continuing on. As he traverses, The Ancient seems to be having a conversion with the crowd of voices as he comments: “Yes yes, I get it, you hate Yharim. As do I, which tends to happen when someone sends a god killing monstrosity after you.”

“We... want... Yharim!”

“Ok, looky here, Polterghast. Do I look like someone who gives a damn about, Yharim? A dead man? Sure, I hate the guy for sicking Twilight on me, but I’ve got better things to do like, oh, I dunno… getting the hell out of here?!

“Yharim… must… die!”

“How about you just hold onto that thought until you hear my bargain. Then! When we’re both free, you can go down to The Underworld, find his likely tortured soul, and just whoop him up.”

“Yharim… alive!” Polterghast exclaims in anger which in turn momentarily stuns Loganic as he blinks twice, and questions:

“Come again?”

“Yharim… lives… came here… took the undead… with a pink pony.”

Greed growls angrily in response, but interestingly, not towards Yharim… but to the very mention of a pony as he stomps his right foot and roars out:

“I despise ponies! It was that damned yellow pegasus who trapped me here; along with her Slime Gods! Let me put it this way: As you despise, Yharim, I despise, Fluttershy! And by extension, ALL PONIES!” A multicolored aura emanates from Loganic’s form as he exclaims in anger, before the ‘terrarian’ then brushes a hand through his hair while saying:

“It’s fine, it’s fine, I’m cool… I’m cool. Calm down, Greed, priorities first you handsome Ancient.” Loganic continues on, all while ignoring Polterghast’s words, as the ‘terrarian’ goes on to make a list with his right hand’s fingers:

“Get free, kill Fluttershy, return to my hoard, kill Fluttershy, send my agents to infiltrate nations, kill Fluttershy, find other possible gods still lurking about, and capture them, kill Fluttershy,” Loganic then brings his right hand up to his chin in thought. “Did I forget to add ‘kill Fluttershy’ to the list?”

Both shockingly and suddenly, Loganic grabs his head with both hands and starts to wobble around from left to right, and shouts:

“What is wrong with me?! I’m being driven mad as I remain locked up!” With absolute rage in his eyes, he spats: “ This is all your fault, Fluttershy! I was always a collected Ancient, one who calculates and plans… but yooooou… you’re doing this to me!”

The God Of Greed once again catches himself as he practices breathing exercises after unleashing those exclamations.

“Breath in, breath out… breath in, breath out...”

Regaining his composure, Loganic could finally comprehend the words of Polterghast as The Ancient had subconsciously ignored the entity’s words throughout his momentary lapse in sanity.

“Oh… you’re still here... right,” Loganic clears his throat, “So hear me out, Polterghast. I would like for us to cooperate, and by doing so, achieving a beneficial result for both of us in our current situation.”

Suddenly, light blue energy starts to manifest itself into being as it slowly morphs into a ghostly aura. The aura itself began to shift chaotically as the screams of numerous souls echoed out from the anomaly. Soon after, what seems to be a form of chitin starts to manifest as the ghostly aura etches itself onto it, as the two combine into an entity that somewhat resembles a species of insect. In fact, it reminded Loganic of the Antlions in The Desert Biome, only this one was composed of nearly countless vengeful spirits.

Finally meeting the entity he had been speaking with and sensed all along, Loganic performs a bowing gesture before rising back up to his full stature and saying:

“Greetings, my fellow benefactor.”

The many voices of Polterghast speaks in unison as the entity’s words practically echoes throughout The Dungeon’s depths, and the ancient catacombs that lies beneath.

“We are: Polterghast. We demand Yharim’s life, our vengeance can never be sated until we end him. Now tell us, Ancient, why should we not just take you for ourselves?”

Loganic raises a finger in response and says:

“Well, one: Good luck with trying to ‘take me for yourselves’,” Loganic raises a second finger, “Two: We both want the same thing, unless you just ignored my little rant and momentary lapse in sanity,” The Ancient takes a few steps closer, “Vengeance. No, wait, you want vengeance, and I want freedom. No no no no, I want vengeance and freedom, just like you. No! Wait, I want vengeance! But then again… I want freedom.”

Polterghast could only stare at The Ancient’s obvious loss of sanity once more before the anomaly clicks it mandables together and responds:

“We sense something within you... something that’s a lot like us. You are being driven mad, but you also seek freedom to exact your revenge. We understand and share this, Ancient.”

“No no no no no, I’m not mad,” Loganic responds. He then puts a hand up to his chin in thought, “Or maybe I- No! I am perfectly sane, just mad! Wait… I just admitted to being mad, but I’m referring to enraged mad, not insane mad. But I am mad!”

“You are both,” Polterghast responds as the entity draws nearer while clicking its mandibles, “We’ve come to understand you, God Of Greed.”

“The only thing you need to understand is that we shall both get what we want, and deserve. So here’s the deal: I want us to form an alliance. Plain and simple. Should I ever call for your aid, you will answer. And in return, I shall free you from this place.”

The clicking of Polterghast’s mandibles echoes out once more as the entity seemingly ponders on this proposal. However, the entity gets a thought and asks:

“If we were to agree to this offer, how do you plan to free both of us?”

“I have agents who are already working on that as we speak. You see, my gathering of vengeful souls friends, despite being locked up in The Dungeon I’m still able to speak to my servants. I can get us free, but I know for a fact that the world has changed during my absence. I do not doubt that powerful foes have arisen while I slumbered.”

“We see… so in exchange for our aid and strength, you will free us as well?”

Loganic chuckles, and forms a smirk before responding:

“Polterghast, If Yharim is truly alive… I’ll ensure that you’ll be chewing on his corpse by the end of this,” The ‘terrarian’ extends his right arm, “Do we have an accord?”

The gathering of vengeful souls rears back and clicks it mandibles for a few moments as it no doubt pondered on Loganic’s promise. The entity then extends a ghostly tendril and places it onto Loganic’s hand while saying:

“We agree. But know this, Ancient, should you dare to betray us… that yellow pegasus will be the least of your worries!”

“You wound me, Polterghast. I’m The God Of Greed, not of bullshit. I always honor my agreements, just ask my clients such as Crabulon, or even The Storm King. Besides, I do kind of owe you for those Water Candles.”

These words causes the ghostly entity to hiss, and clicks its mandibles before replying:

“So it was you who snatched up those rogue souls and created those candles. We should devour you for doing that, but those souls were useless to us.”

“Like I said, I don’t betray my benefactors. While I do admit to tricking mortals; even captured other gods, I never did so after making an agreement. And that’s a damn fact.”

The two remove their appendages as the ghostly entity goes on to state:

“We must ask: How exactly do you plan to remove this seal on us? Yharim used powerful magics to do this, when he ripped our souls from our bodies and hurled us into the depths of these catacombs.”

“Fortunately for you, let’s just say that I’m the right type of Ancient. Tell me, are you familiar with how we came to be?”

“Obviously we do not have that exact knowledge. We only know that you Ancients existed from the dawn of creation itself.”

“Indeed, I was just making a point,” Loganic then shrugs his shoulders, “Long story short: I took after, Xeroc. And from what I’m sensing, you’re right, Yharim did indeed use powerful sealing magic on you. Or should I say: All of you?”

“Why do you tell us something we already know? We suffer from it even now!”

“Because I know how my ‘old man’s’ powers work, as do some of the other Ancients like Anubis, or Oblivion, and I know how to undo it. The task will take some time, but that’s all I require to get us out.”

“You are not bound to it like us. The Slime Gods were the ones who sealed you away, not Yharim. Undoing our seal does not undo yours.”

“Ah, but you’re thinking about it the wrong way,” Loganic raises a finger to emphasize his point, “The seal that was made from The Slime Gods is indeed effective, but it’s nothing compared to what binds you here. Like the saying goes: Two birds with one stone.”

Polterghast clicks its mandibles together once more before responding:

“We see... so by undoing our seal, you’d be undoing your own as well.”

“Ding ding ding, you got it!” Loganic exclaims in celebration.

“Very well then, Greed. We look forward to being free of this wretched place.”

“As am I, my good friend,” Loganic then conjures forth a very particular set of items: A table, chair, and a chess game board. The ‘terrarian’ takes a seat; all while Polterghast asks:

“What are you doing?”

“Isn’t it obvious? I plan to challenge you to a game of chess.” Loganic responds as he sets up the board, “Would you like to be the black or white pieces? Or shall I change your side to light blue pieces?”

“You’re seriously asking us to play… a board game?” Polterghast questions in a tone of absolute dumbfoundedness.

“Look, I’m going to be driven mad again if I don’t have something to take my mind off of things; while I wait for my servants to free us. Plus, I don’t want to get bored. Besides, you technically have the advantage given you’re made up of hundreds, if not, thousands of different souls. Although… I suppose I do have other gods trapped within me.”

The ghostly entity simply clicks its mandibles as it watches Loganic finish arranging the final pieces of the chess board. The ‘terrarian’ moves a pawn piece before gesturing for Polterghast to move a piece on their side of the board while saying:

“Your move.”

What happens next momentarily causes a smile to form onto Loganic’s face as the many voices of Polterghast seemed to be speaking to one another. Then, one of the ghost entity’s tendrils moves a pawn piece of their own, and comments:

“Your move, Ancient.”


-TERRARIA, YHARIM’S KINGDOM, TEMPLE-

Pinkamena was going for a simple walk through the temple as she waited patiently to hear back from both Braelor and Statis. The aforementioned duo hadn’t even been seen as of late by the dark pink pony. She could only assume that they were indeed ensuring the absolute best preparations for their coming plans.

The dark pink pony turns a corner and soon finds herself heading down a hallway with cells and various forms of containments on either side. Each cell held a prisoner of various races, but her eyes were shot wide open in momentary shock as she discovered cells that contained: Ponies.

“What the buck? So Yharim managed to snag some ponies before The Hallow disappeared? Why doesn’t he use them as slaves?” Pinkamena asks herself as she stops in front of a cell which held an earth pony stallion within. The pony was currently sitting on his flank while his head was slumped down and eyes staring at the temple floors of the cell. From what Pinkamena could see, the stallion’s body was light blue while his mane and tail took on a golden yellow coloration.

Pinkamena bangs her left forehoof against the cell bars, but gets absolutely no response from the pony. She then calls out:

“Hey, what’s your name?” The earth pony didn’t even bother to turn his head towards her. “You deaf? What’s your name?” Still, no response. The dark pink pony rolls her eyes before saying: “Alright, fine, I guess you prefer being in that cage.”

“Why bother… I’m nothing now.” The earth pony finally responds. This causes Mena’s ears to flicker before she responds:

“Looks like that muzzle of yours does work. Turn your head and talk to me properly, my face is over here, not on the floor.” Pinkamena demands. The stallion heeds to her request and slowly turns his gaze towards the dark pink pony. She blinked her eyes twice as the mare took notice of the stallion’s expression. She knew exactly what it was: Absolutely lifeless. The earth pony was simply empty. No hope, no love, no happiness, nothing at all was present within the stallion’s heart.

Pinkamena simply turns away as she comments to herself:

“There’s no point in talking to him any further… he’s a living corpse now. So thoroughly broken that he’s just a moving mass of flesh, but nothing more.”

As she continued on, the other ponies in the nearby cells were no different to the earth pony stallion. Pegasi, unicorn, and other earth ponies, both stallion and mare alike, were all in the same shape as the light blue stallion.

……….

Pinkamena was now a few turns away from the cells that held the ponies as she comments:

“It’s not that Yharim didn’t turn them into slaves, he clearly did, but they became so broken… they’re useless now. But why does he keep them alive?”

“You useless brat! You are nothing but a mistake!”

Pinkamena’s ears perked up as she could hear the exclamations of a very familiar voice. In addition, the dark pink pony could make out what sounds like slapping and punching. However, whoever was on the receiving end of these strikes weren’t letting out any painful exclamations, like one would normally assume so.

“I never should’ve had you, ungrateful pup! You dare to defy the orders of your mother?!” The voice roars out once again as Pinkamena draws ever closer to its source. Then, she saw an opened containment cell, but what was most interesting about this one was that it seemed to be much more advanced than most of the other cells. In fact, it looked as if Dr Draedon himself had designed it as the containment’s door was mechanical in nature.

Pinkamena peeks into the containment and is greeted with an extremely bizarre sight, in addition to it being rather cruel. She could see the source of the exclamations now standing over what seemed to be a kitsune, as Pinkamena comments:

“Cosmos, what the buck are you doing here?”

This causes The Kitsune Tyrant to turn her head towards Pinkamena, all while she stands over a kitsune, as Cosmos replies:

“This doesn’t concern you! Oblivion’s brat with, Harmony!”

This causes Pinkamena’s ears to shoot up high as her eyes widened to their absolute capacity. So many questions popped up in her mind upon hearing Cosmos’s words, but one seemed to dominate the others as she roars out:

“What did you just bucking say?!”

However, Pinkamena was thrown off as another voice responds to her from within:

-Mena, that kitsune at Cosmos’s feet… I urge you to assist her-

Recovering from her shock, Pinkamena responds internally:

-Oblivion? What the buck is going on here?! Why is this crazy ‘Discord’s Bride’ wannabe calling me your brat?!-

-The truth is, complicated… and It’s because you are, Mena. You and Pinkie Pie are my daughters… as is the kitsune at Cosmos’s feet, your half-sibling. The daughter of Cosmos… and myself-

Author's Note:

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Statigel Armor(pony, equipped), Overloaded Blaster, Eviscerator, Crimslime Staff, Corroslime Staff, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Staff Of Necrosteocytes, Purified Jam.

Rainbow Dash: Necro Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Skeletron Hand.

Starlight Glimmer: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Starfury, Vein Burster, Purple Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand.

Rarity: Meteor Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount, Book Of Skulls, Skeletron Hand, Staff Of Necrosteocytes.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Orange Phaseblade, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, Bone Glove, Skeletron Hand.

Twilight Sparkle: Meteorite Armor(pony, equipped), Space Gun, Book Of Skulls, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Blue Phaseblade, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Mana Polarizer(equipped), Bone Glove(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount, The Blood Butcherer, Skeletron Hand.

PreviousChapters Next