• Published 9th Nov 2020
  • 7,667 Views, 3,024 Comments

Terraria: Friendship Is Magic - Pomp-Neigh



The Mane Six, Starlight Glimmer, and Zecora are dragged into a land of beauty, magic, wonder, and chaos: Terraria.

  • ...
17
 3,024
 7,667

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 68 - “A Star Has Fallen From The Heavens.”

-TERRARIA-

It’s now later into the morning; Twilight, Tanner, Gorglock, Rarity, and Starlight are currently making their way to the crashed meteorite via the large trail of smoke they can see reaching up into the sky in the distance. The sounds of dirt being stepped upon acts as an ambience while they traverse a dirt paved path which cuts through a forest.

Along the way, Tanner mentions something that really surprises everyone which causes Twilight to say:

“Wait, there’ve been other meteors that have crashed onto Terraria before?”

“Why of course, that’s how I know so much about it and how to harvest it.” Tanner replies with a wink. However, Gorglock in particular suddenly starts to get nervous as he interjects:

“Be glad that this one is a meteor and not something like… that.”

Gorglock’s words cause everyone present to turn to him with questionable gazes.

“What do you mean, darling?” Rarity questions.

“Are you saying that there are different types of meteors?” Starlight inquires.

Gorglock scratches the back of his neck before he then sighs and says:

“Space is vast and mysterious, as i’m sure you all know. You could even call it a sort of empty void and sure, it has its marvels. However, sometimes that void shows us things that we simply don’t want to accept due to the potential dangers it could pose.”

Everyone present was starting to get seriously curious as the ponies perked up their ears and Tanner literally conjured a chair from his inventory to sit on.

Finally, the goblin braces himself for a small yet terrifying tale as he says:

“Please get comfortable, everyone. I shall tell you about… The Astral Infection.”


“Four years ago in the far southern continent, and I mean very far to the south, I was on a scouting mission for The Goblin Army. I know how that sounds but if it makes you feel any better, The Goblin Chief forced me to do it. I never wanted to do anything to the lives of the innocent. Anyway, there was a large town there called: Terraville.

I was sent to infiltrate it and report any possible weaknesses to the chief so that the army could breach the town effortlessly. I walked through the town and to my utter surprise, the people there were so nice. They didn’t judge me for being a goblin, in fact, I fascinated them for being an incredibly intelligent goblin compared to many others.

That night, a festival was being held within the town and I of course partaken in the festivities. I had built connections there and even became quite fond of its people that I was going to lie to the chief and tell him that powerful adventurers live there.

I decided to leave before it got too dark out… little did I know, I actually saved myself by doing that. I saw something that seemed as if a star has fallen from the heavens, so close to the town that they could kiss each other. What happened next… would frighten me for the rest of my life.

This thing was another type of infection, similar to The Crimson and the legendary Corruption. At the very moment of impact, gigantic monoliths of dark stone begin to rise from the ground. The trees rot away, replaced with pillar-like growths serving as further breeding grounds for this… thing. Organic creatures… those poor townsfolk, are swiftly transformed beyond recognition as the infection enters them and multiplies through their bodies, twisting them into self-mockeries that live and die to protect and spread the infection. The pillars exhale a thick violet haze that blankets the mutated land and permeates the system of any living being that wanders near, warping vision and stinging exposed flesh.

I saw this happen with my very own eyes from a safe distance as I then ran for my life. That poor town didn’t deserve that…

I reported it to my chief and for the first time in his idiotic existence, he made the right call. We all moved to these lands and remained here for the next four years. Then, the attack on Home Town happened… now here we are.”


Everyone’s eyes were shot wide open, even The Guide was no different as he says internally:

-How have I never heard of this thing before?-

As if she were reading Tanner’s mind, Twilight regains her composure from her shocked state and says:

“How come no one else has heard of this event? Did you report it to anyone else?”

“Forget about reporting it, how hasn’t it spread out further from that town if it’s an infection like The Crimson?” Starlight inquires.

“Just how many of these awful infections are there?! It’s bad enough with The Corruption back home and The Crimson on this world, but now there’s another one?!” Rarity exclaims in disbelief.

Gorglock nods sadly before saying:

“None of you heard of this infection because I made sure to never tell anyone. I have no earthly idea if there are survivors from that town but perhaps they are just as wise as I am to keep a closed lid on it. As for why it hasn’t spread far enough to be discovered… to put it simply: I have no idea.”

Everyone was absolutely shocked by this revelation, to know that there is yet another infection present in their world. Even more unsettling is the fact that it could very well be even more dangerous than The Crimson.

“Please don’t get any ideas, friends. We are not prepared to face the horrors of that infection and who knows how much it’s changed from these last four years. I’m not at all familiar with the monsters that arose there but they surely must’ve grown stronger over the years. We are simply not ready to deal with it.” Gorglock says concerningly.

“I agree with Gorglock.” Twilight comments. “We need to be very careful and choose our enemies carefully for now. Skeletron is already a powerful threat we need to deal with soon and the last thing we need is to face yet another infection that might be even stronger then The Crimson.”

“No Twilight… not if, it is stronger than The Crimson.” Gorglock interjects factually.

Everyone nods in understanding before Twilight sighs lightly and says:

“We’ll deal with that in the future, thank you for trusting us with this information, Gorglock.”

“Of course. Just like the people of Terraville, I’m very fond of you all… you’re my friends… I don’t want to see anything bad happening to any of you.”

“Awwww, that’s so sweet of you, darling.” Rarity says as she walks over to the goblin and kisses him on the left cheek. “You are a true gentlecolt. Sure, you may be a goblin but I know some ponies back home who could learn a thing or two from you… like him.” Rarity emphasizes in disgust as he recalls a certain white unicorn with a golden mane. It was ironic, given the current situation back on Equus.

Starlight nods contently before saying:

“That’s enough storytelling for now. Come on everyone, we’ve got a meteor to harvest.”

Author's Note:

Another short chapter but it also serves the same purpose as the last few.

Did I just provide people with a potential origin story for their OC characters when I allow them to join the story? Why yes, yes I did. :raritywink:

There's actually a few but I feel this might be a famous one.

Character inventory/equipment:

Fluttershy: Bee Armor(pony, equipped), The Bees Knees, Eviscerator, Slime Staff, Finch Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Hornet Staff, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Honey Comb(equipped), Brain Of Confusion, Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount.

Rainbow Dash: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Star Cannon, Minishark, Eviscerator, Aquatic Discharge, Bloody Rupture, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Healing Potion, Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Victory Shard, Slime Mount.

Zecora: Crimson Armor(zebra, equipped), Dune Hopper, Sausage Maker, Beenade, Tooth Ball, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Various Potions, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Sand Cloak(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Bloodstained Gloves(equipped), Honeyed Goggles.

Starlight Glimmer: Magic Hat(pony, equipped), Mystic Robes(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Starfury, Vein Burster, Storm Spray, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Healing Potion, Victory Shard, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Rarity: Bee Armor(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Bee Gun, Hornet Staff, Snow Flinx Staff, Ice Mirror, Blood Clot Staff, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Magic Hat, Mystic Robes, Rocket Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Applejack: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Blade Of Grass, Vein Burster, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Rope, Metal Detector, Healing Potion, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount.

Twilight Sparkle: Magic Hat(pony, equipped), Mystic Robes(pony, equipped), Blood Bath, Storm Spray, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Mana Potion, Ichor, Victory Shards, Rocket Boots(equipped), Aero Stone(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Slime Mount.

Pinkie Pie: Crimson Armor(pony, equipped), Vein Burster, Bloody Rupture x2, Aorta, Deathbringer Pickaxe, Blood Lust Cluster Axe, Metal Detector, Rocket Boots(equipped), Honey Comb(equipped), Flurry Boots(equipped), Brain Of Confusion(equipped), Honeyed Goggles, Slime Mount.

PreviousChapters Next