• Published 31st May 2020
  • 7,616 Views, 548 Comments

Welcome Home Soldier - DanishDash



Sharp Shooter finally returns home after being stationed overseas for two years. Only problem is, no one really sees him as a hero, or anything positive for that matter. With no job or family, Sharp travels to Ponyville.

Comments ( 22 )

Very nice and great art!

11120593
My dad used to tell me stories of Vietnam. They were rescuing people, shoving planes and helicopters off boats to make room for people. He said that when they got home they had to dress like civilians to avoid mobs and when people saw them they got spit on and cursed.

It broke my dad's heart. And to top it off my dadhad avoided the VA as he believed others needed it more but in the last few years he started having real bad back problems so he finally agreed to go to get help. They refused him saying that when my dad fought it was no longer a war but a conflict. He was pissed, quoted as saying " I'm glad all my friends died in a conflict and not a war".

awesome chapter mate keep it up cant wait for the next chapter:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:sharp deserve to be happy :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Each time I read this story, I can't stop thinking about a certain situation that still seems to be explored, knowing this is mainly based in Vietnam...

Broken Arrow.

Idea:

They're everywhere!

- Contact left! Contact left!

+ Oh gosh! Astral is dead!

.- I'm out of ammo!

*Explosion*

Fuck! *Turns on radio* Foxtrot Actual, here Foxtrot 2-1! We're under heavy fire a couple kilometers down south Alpha 1-3!

*Bullets fly above*

- MARTY IS DOWN! MARTY IS FUCKIN' DOWN!

We are down to 6 troops! Repeat, we're down to 6 troops! *Looks at Longshot* LONGSHOT! GET THE DAMN .50 CALIBER AND COVER THAT SECTOR! HOLD ON TO THAT SECTOR!

+ Aye Aye, sir! *Proceeds to shoot .50 caliber MG* Enemies spotted! 2 o'clock!

*Bullet impact*

.- OH SHIT! SKY!

Radio: This is Delta 4-1 at Hill 493! We've taken heavy ambushes! Our position isn't sustainable any longer! Be advised, Foxtrot 2-1: We are pulling out of Hill 493! We are out of here! I'm sorry!

Roger that, Delta 4-1!

*Explosion occurs*

+ CRIMS! OH GOSH!

Foxtrot Actual, this is Foxtrot 2-1! PLEASE, FUCKIN' RESPOND! Delta 4-1 is going on a withdrawal! We require assistance!

Radio: Copy all, Foxtrot 2-1. Please, standby.

OH, MOTHERFUCKER!

+ RPG, ON OUR SIX!

- *Shoots sniper* Got it!

+ Nice shot, Private!

- Always, si-

*Bullet impact*

+ FUCK! MARK IS GONE! *Cries* MARK IS FUCKIN' GONE!

Stop playing with us! We are down to three troops! They're rolling us with everything they got!... REQUEST BROKEN ARROW! REPEAT, BROKEN ARROW!

Radio: Roger that Foxtrot 2-1. Solid copy on Broken Arrow. Corporal, it's been an honor.

THE END

So, what do you think? Perhaps this could fit very well in the story as something that Sharp really regrets having done in the war. Provoking the death of some remaining comrades in arms with a desperate action.

That’s a lot of art of da pones. Anyways glad to see a new chapter in this very unique and out there plot line in this fandom and I do hope to see more! Also reason I say unique and out there is cause you got HiE soldiers that need help but never a pony coming back to being distend by his own people, so it’s something new and a very nice enjoyable read and again hope to see more very soon cause I’m loving it! bum du dump dun! I’m loving it TM :P

Is was definitely with the wait.

This is great, and that art looks rly nice.

Story updated? Happy.
Chapter good! Very happy.
Great art in chaprer? Super happy
But for real, this chapter was great, i love it.
Welcome back

well... I have only 9one thing to say

Glad to see they finally made a move.

11201561
Personally even though I hate war and they can slap whatever label they want on it won't change anything about it I blame the idiots in charge not the soldiers who trying to do the right thing despite this not being easy when it comes to right and wrong. If the leaders could act like the adults they are supposed to be then we wouldn't have these problems.

I love it worth the wait

Well worth the wait for this, absolutely fantastic.

Definitely worth the wait! Also, SEVEN artworks?! You really are spoiling us.

So, when's the wedding?

I'm sure Cadence is already planning one.

Nice artwork, really impressive.

What a fantastic story, this was wonderful.

Is there going to be any more in this story? It's very well written aside from a few fairly minor typos (dessert for desert).

11614288
Yes, there will be more. :twilightsmile:

Beautiful, I love this story, can't wait for more. :heart:

Login or register to comment