• Published 1st Jan 2020
  • 21,230 Views, 470 Comments

Follows A Little Spark - Enganon



An engineer transplanted from Earth tries to take his work with him to Equestria, but it's a mare's world here, and he's not taken seriously. Teaming up with a purple alicorn gives him a shot at making his dreams a reality.

Comments ( 224 )

I'm surprised you opted to dump this all at once, instead of spreading it out. Either way, I'm really glad you finished the story and posted it here. This is a good one.

10012890
I know the cardinal rule of fanfic visibility is more updates > less updates, but I had everything ready and couldn't be bothered.
Assuming you came from its original home, thank you (again) for reading, and glad you could join me here.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Silzek #4 · Jan 1st, 2020 · · 1 ·

Read it in one sitting, loved it. We need more RGRE in this world ;)

This fic is so good that it makes me go woah!

Oh neat, it's got fancy cover art. Well since you finished and brought it over, I'll give it another go.

Holy crap you just did what I've been dreaming of doing for years. You put out and entire story at once! Awesome job dude!

10013325
On FimFic, yeah, but its original incarnation was released over a six week stretch on another site. A scene or two written every night, stream-of-consciousness style. This is after a light editing pass and a prose rework.

Woah, I apparently had read this back when it was being wrote but only saw the second half and any link to the full compilation was missing everything. It's great to see it all nicely written up unlike others that seem to just vanish off the face of the web after the final chapters are posted there.

Wow! Just started reading this on a whim and got totally blown away! Started sometime in the afternoon and just realised it's close to midnight.

What a great story! Thank you so much for sharing it, really incredible stuff! :twilightsmile:

Fucking hell, I stayed up all night to read this... The screen is making my eyes water. Yeah, that's it. It's the screen's brightness.

Very good Read

10013398
ye, i really need to remember the night mode thing for the screen. kinda hurts the eyes after a while....at the end of a reading

This was great! I was absolutely enthralled the whole time. It was beautifully done, and I really fell into the love and emotions between the characters. I don't normally read epilogues to stories like this, as I don't enjoy ending love stories on a low note, but I was just so caught up by this one that I had to. I hope we can see more like this from you.

Wow...
Such a little bomb you got here from nowhere

Thanks for the story

Greetings
For quite some time I have been wandering why some people like Anon as protagonist on this site, please share your opinions on this
Personally I usually don't read such fics and ignore them but still...

10013659
A little bit of spite and a little pony and you got yourself a regular Anon

Was a pretty decent story. Any plans for a sequel?

10013799
There is, about fourteen years after the events of Ch.15, but I don't know when it'll make it here.

10013840
Where is the sequel? What website is it on?

JBL

This is one of the best stories I've read on this site, and this is no hyperbole.

wow a full story released in one go...you are a legend in this site friend.

I followed this since its inception in the land of greens and I LOVED every minute of it. Instant like and to the top of my reading list here. Thank you very much Enganon for bringing FALS here.

10013947
Not written yet. Sometime in 2020, I suspect.
10013991
Only for FimFic. It was written over a six week stretch on another site, where it was released one or two scenes nightly.

I gotta say, if you do decide on a sequel for this. I'll be right there ready to read it :)



Well...provided I can find it at least. Will you be releasing it on FimFic if you do write it?

Wow. A first-timer, with a completed story released in one shot, on the wrong day for it (statistically), it's pretty fantastic, and it stars Anon... and you got featured.

Bravo sir! You deserve it for this magnificent tale!!! :twilightsmile:

I am gonna read this over the next few days and totally look forward to it.

10014261
if you're just building a stationary transmission especially for generators you'd just go with a clutch and torque converter anyways since once its up to speed fluid coupling does the rest

Ah. And now I cry. Thank you. :raritycry:

This is probably the only Anonymous in Equestria style story I've ever cried at. It's a beautiful work of art, and I hope you realize what you've made here.

A truly amazing story. Thank you for writing this wonderful work art!

Excellent work. I am normally not a fan of 2nd person, but this one was among the exceptions to that particular preference in stories.

Read it all in one go, and the ending managed to bring tears out of my blackened, shriveled up heart.

Thank you for sharing your work with us readers here.:moustache:

I don't normally read Anonymous style stories, or second person for that matter, but you managed to capture my attention, and I am proud to say you even got me to cry at the end. Well done, well done indeed. I am humbled and honored to say your book has more than earned its place in my Masterworks Library, where only the best of the best reside. Your work is an inspiration I will always treasure and come back to reread again and again. Never lose the spark that made this creation a reality, and may the legacy of Anonymous live on forever through the works of his daughter, Nova Spark.

Thank you so much for this amazing story, and I humbly request that if a sequel is ever in the works, please put as much love and heart into it as you did for this book. It more than earns the recognition it has gained and will continue to receive as time goes on.

May the light of magic never fade, and the spark of life shine on forever,
Shadow Quill, Messenger of the Moon.

Damn. What a legacy. I'm proud of you, anon. You made it.

What a charming and heartwarming fic.:heart:

Probably the best RGRE fic I've seen, honestly. No forced conflicts, everything felt natural, the cast was just as big as it needed to be without shoehorning in a bunch of unnecesary characters, and even the few things that didn't really click with me still fit in with and worked well with everything else.

ALL ABOARD THE FEEL TRAIN! NEXT STOP - FEELSVILLE!

I don’t really come here anymore, sorta left this whole thing behind a while ago. But this, this was worth seeing and experiencing.

I really liked this story. You took anon and second person and got me to like them.
The epilogue made me pour. Well done.

I'm surprised that with the new ideas, they didn't tried to end aging, we already figured it out, I'm sure with magic and technology they would have done it faster, shows how deathist think ¬¬.

I don't cry like a little bitch often, but when I do it's for a good reason. I can see myself rereading this plenty of times in the future.

If my shift didn't start in 10 minutes I'd be sobbing right now but that was beautiful thank you for this wonderful story

ANW

You know what might be good.
A couple of side chapters to show what was going on between Nova Spark's birth, and the Epilogue.

Nova adapting to being a soulful machine, a pony getting their new eye/limb/wing, some Herd/Band bonding, the death of the original phone battery, maybe check in with Raven, or how Blueblood is dealing with exile.

If you don't want to, will you be willing to give permission to others to do so?

STALLIONINE TEARS WERE SHED.

10015510
I already am doing this, actually! The first is finished Somewhere Else, but I'm not sure when they'll get here. Eventually, I imagine. Maybe when I finish writing the set.

There will also be a 'proper sequel' of maybe half the length that deals with Nova and Flurry as teens going on an adventure. That'll be out sometime this year.

People may see death as the end of all thing alive, but i see it as a new beginning for the people that will come after us, the ones that will live in what we build in our short time passed in the living world.

I will not lie i almost cried, i felt bad anyway, but it was a great story !
Thumbs up my dude, you're gonna go far if you do as well in life what you did in this story !

10015586
10015563

I am uncertain about the lack of justice. Nobles are vassals of the Monarch and serve her under her leisure. Only realy punishment he faced was banishment to specific location, assumedly he can make his own way elsewhere if he does not wish to be there. He likely still remains a wealthy pony and can make a new life anywhere he chooses. (That is not Equestria.)

All rest was just stripping him from the power SHE had invested unto him as a servant in her house and a nobility under her protection. Such is a lot in feudal system, especially for those who are up in the ranks. He also had a lot of options to deal with the issue, even post-reveal but he chose not to do so.

ANW

10015517
Are some of those side chapters available to read now, and if so where can I read them?

10015658
Patience! They'll be here sooner rather than later. I want to be able to complete the set before I do more with it. Then I'll dump the whole set here like I did the main story. Don't worry, I won't keep any material connected to this story 'secret'.

Is this the first story you’ve written for FimFiction?
Either way, superb work.

ANW

10015663
If that quality is the same as this one, then the wait will be easily worth it.

Defiantly a 9.5.

??? All chapters posted in a single day with a high like ratio and featured? Wut? What witchcraft is this? :rainbowhuh:

Color me impressed! :pinkiehappy: I am going to give this a read.

Login or register to comment