• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 4,093 Views, 169 Comments

Can It Be Us? - King_Again



Sci Twi is in love with someone, Cadance and Shining Armor are thrilled. But she just wishes someone would've told her the person she loves is taken.

  • ...
9
 169
 4,093

XIV~Epilogue

Epilogue

Sunset just couldn't believe how her first year at Crystal Prep went. She had met the other Twilight, managed to be kissed by her, almost had her relationship ended until Sugarcoat pulled the best answer she could think of on her and didn't break her heart. It was amazing to know the relationship didn't end. She had also given Rarity another chance, who was making it seem like a wonderful idea, and even Sugarcoat agreed the friendship would remain. Sunny Flare, Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, and Sour Sweet didn't really like the idea but gave Rarity the chance, as well as the other Twilight.

Yeah, they were unsure about Twilight's sudden join to their group of friends, but they didn't really mind after. It was good to know nothing would be pulled unless Twilight was dumb enough to try again, but it turns out, she wouldn't. Sunset had explained how there would be no line crossing, and they seemed sure of her words.

Sunset even had them meet up with Rarity, who laughed nervously while answering all sorts of questions by the Shadowbolts. Of course, they were careful not to mention Anon-A-Miss because that was in the past, and no one needed to be reminded of it. Plus, Sunset really hated speaking about it.

She kept up her sessions with Sugarcoat's father, explaining everything she felt inside during the fight, and how it affected her clearly. He nodded and started to speak more often with her during the sessions, keeping his sentences limited as he didn't want her uncomfortable. It was like she finally made something to help her keep her stress down, and she thanked him many times when she was over and he just smiled and patted her shoulder before moving to make dinner or to let them have alone time.

By the second year of Crystal Prep, Sunset could safely say her friendship with Rarity was alright and that maybe, just maybe, they could hang out again and start texting. But she wasn't so sure. What if the other Rainbooms saw them? What if Pinkie got the sense Rarity was hiding something from them?

She was always good at telling when something was up after all.

Out of fear she told Rarity about her worries. Her friend agreed and said something about Pinkie already suscepting something was up as she normally wouldn't talk about anything which involved apologizing to her on what they had done, and how they didn't deserve the Elements of Harmony. Sunset just sighed.

It would be a matter of time before she heard Pinkie's voice again.

Fluttershy's usual soft voice, Applejack's accent, Pinkie's hyper voice that could make anyone laugh, and... Rainbow. Out of the entire group, Rainbow was the one she couldn't forgive so easily. Fluttershy? Perhaps. Applejack? Okay, so... there was a a slim, slim, chance. Pinkie? Let's be honest, anyone could forgive her when she went sad as it wasn't the usual thing you'd see when you saw her.

But Rainbow Dash? Hell no.

No way in Luna's mane would Sunset forgive her for the deeds she had done. The biggest one was the ambush. She wouldn't lie if you asked her if she a felt rush of satisfaction when she learned of Rainbow's huge debt, and how she was struggling to earn the money to pay back Gilda. By the Gods above, she felt truly felt like Rainbow would know the stress of what she felt.

Maybe not the same type of stress, but it was still stress after all.

One day, while they were all out, with Rarity, Sunset couldn't help it. She wanted to know how Rainbow's debt was coming along, and Indigo laughed loudly when she heard about it. Sugarcoat giggled. This was all too good for them.

"Rainbow's in debt!?" Indigo laughed. "What a shocker!"

"How much?" Sugarcoat asked.

Rarity couldn't help but giggle along. It was funny to finally see Rainbow in debt. "Hmm... she paid Gilda about... 200 bucks? Maybe more. Honestly, I have no idea. It was a large amount."

"Aww, she's going broke?" Sour commented before chuckling darkly. "Serves her right, the bitch!"

Sunny patted her friend's shoulder. "You can say that again."

"So, how much more does she have to pay off?" Sunset asked, looking at Rarity.

"Actually, darling, I think she has a few more weeks until it's done," Rarity smiled. "We're all having a wonderful time watching her like this. We've been through our share of karma, now it's on her."

"Geez," Sunset mumbled. "How bad was your karma?"

Rarity smiled. "Not so bad. Only about a few days of no customers in the shop." Sunset blinked. That would've made Rarity insane. "I managed to keep myself sane, but the moment a customer walked in, I was just so happy I let them take anything for free, and yes, it surprised me, but I was just too happy."

"I see," Sunset nodded.

At least it wasn't too heavy on Rarity's part, but she wasn't so sure about the others, and she could honestly care less than how she did right now. She was at her lowest point of caring, and somehow she could go even lower than before.

A few days later, Sunset was working at her job when it happened. She had finished up her shift, changed into her usual clothes Rarity had made for her for a late Christmas gift, and she had planned on meeting up with Sugarcoat. But just before she could text her girlfriend on saying she was done work and would be over in fifteen, she felt her blood run cold at the one voice she never wanted to hear again.

And everything came crashing down onto her all at once. Her anger she managed to keep down thanks to her girlfriend's dad suddenly came rushing up, and broke down what he carefully helped her build to keep herself calm in anything that could remind her of the past.

"There you are! We were looking for you! We... were hoping we could apologize. You know, because it sucked on what we did 'n all."

When she turned, all she saw was Rarity's guilty expression.

Comments ( 36 )

Oh boy...

It won't end so well for the Rainbooms.

If there's a sequel, I hope it's longer.

Oh boooooooooooy...

Wait, does this mean we get threequel?!

Oh boooooooooooy...

Wait, does this mean we get threequel?!

Great job with epilogue & with Rarity joining the gang, however... damn your cliffhangers!

All well that end well...

...until the end!

Hope there's another sequel to this! :twilightsmile:

"Geez," Sunset mumbled. "How bad was your krama?"

Did you perhaps mean karma? A Krama is a scarf.

OK, and the ending kind of sucked.

Great story!! <3

Can't wait to see what happens next...

That ending! xD

With an ending like that, I expect a sequel. ^^

Damn it Rainbooms! I know you all are sorry for what you did to Sunset. But she's not ready to forgive you all. Right now you're gonna get your apologies thrown right back in your face.

If she's ready to forgive you, she'll come to you. Just like she did with Rarity.

I smell sequel.:twilightsmile:

*sigh* Well, Rarity, at least you tried.

Buuuuut the past always has a harsh way of biting back when you least want it.

9738710
That would be a triquel.

"There you are! We were looking for you! We... were hoping we could apologize. You know, because it sucked on what we did 'n all."

Uh oh, This is gonna get ugly

Now, I should also say, you've gotten a lot better with descriptions and show versus tell. That was an issue with the prequel, it's not so here. You've definitely improved your writing.

And I know I'm probably the only one thinking this who is reading this story at all, but... hearing Sunset thinking like this chapter here is utterly galling.

How she may forgive them. How they don't deserve it. Sunset, you pulled worse than any of them except Rainbow Dash, who was turned into a violent coward so you could hate her in the first place. You pulled YEARS of destroying any semblance of friendship they had, systematically. You actually had minions who went out and got dirt on others so you could destroy them. You demand a second chance but refuse to give one yourself, because you consider yourself more worth and more precious than others.

Hypocrite.

And of course, it will never, ever get discussed.

9748976
You can't help how you feel. If anything this shows how hard forgiveness is. It's something that you need to work at. You can't force a feeling. Sometimes it can take lots of hard work and long conversations and time.

9761207
True. But you can draw conclusions from how someone is acting and judge accordingly. If Sunset feels she's too good to ever forgive someone who did less than she did, then perhaps there's no sense in beating yourself up over it.

But no story ever discusses this. No character notes this. Why wouldn't the Rainbooms' families tell them that, for example? Why wouldn't the Shys tell Fluttershy that, after years of undermining their daughter's ability to trust anyone, that same girl—what a shock!—didn't have it in her to trust Sunset Shimmer and that it's futile to beg and grovel before someone to forgive you who thinks you're not worth it?

Anon-A-Miss stories only go one way. Every single time. It's like every writer tackling it has blinders on. Why? I just don't get it.

9765786
There's a lot of stories that go down a darker path that i'm not a fan of. Stories of Sunset commiting suicide and succeeding. Stories of her just leaving, i.e. understanding that they have never, will never and maybe should never forgive her and either goes back to Equestria, becomes a shadowbolt, or it's a crossover with another fandom.

And honestly as someone who was heavily bullied back in school and by older siblings... once you get older you gain perspective you realize it wasn't a big deal and put it behind you. I like the Seven Saviors story featuring Derpy/Muffin/Ditzy. That's a good story where eventually everyone talks, gets everything out, and forgive each other. Still ongoing though.

And honestly the way I read it I think is different from you. I think emotions are just running to high in Sunset right now. I could go on but I think I've expressed my point.

9766198
I will check out that story. Most Anon-A-Miss fics that introduce different friends for Sunset do so by pushing the Rainbooms into the absolute worst light and pillorying them there.

9766198

Still ongoing though.

No, it's not. Seven Saviors was completed back in December.

9787574
I was referring to the universe since it has a sequel. Same basic thing imho

"Actually, darling, I think she has a few more weeks until it's done," Rarity smiled. "We're all having a wonderful time watching her like this. We've been through our share of karma, now it's on her."

Wow. Rarity's a bitch. I guess somebody learned nothing from this holiday season.

I half expected for Rainbow to show up only to get a broken nose from a hay-maker courtesy of Sunset.

9738648
How do they even know where look or was it Pinkie Sense

I wonder if someone or a one of the Rainbooms been watching were Rarity was going to

9748668
I wonder if someone or a one of the Rainbooms been watching were Rarity was going to

9738395
I wonder if someone or a one of the Rainbooms been watching were Rarity was going to

9761207
I wonder if someone or a one of the Rainbooms been watching were Rarity was going to

9738648
I wonder if someone or a one of the Rainbooms been watching were Rarity was going to

10231772
I said that 2 month ago

I liked it good work king

Is there going to be a sequel?

Please come back and make this into a threequel.

Login or register to comment