• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 4,071 Views, 169 Comments

Can It Be Us? - King_Again



Sci Twi is in love with someone, Cadance and Shining Armor are thrilled. But she just wishes someone would've told her the person she loves is taken.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,071

VII~Confession Gone...

Confession Gone...

When she walked into the school, Twilight sucked in a breath as she saw Sunset at her locker, leaning against the steel as she looked at Sugarcoat and her friends. She could do this. Walk up to Sunset, ignore her friends, and ask if she could meet her at the park. There, she would tell Sunset about her feelings and everything would be okay, tomorrow they would be dating and everything settle down. Yeah, it would be okay. Sucking in a sharp breath, Twilight moved towards the locker, ignoring how everyone stopped to look at her, raising an eyebrow at her before shaking their heads and walking away to their own locker or to their friends.

Sunset didn't see how Twilight was walking towards her, as she was too caught up in discussing things were her friends. She tried hard to not tell about the scary movie night she and Sugarcoat had where Sugarcoat buried her face into her chest whenever she got scared, but she knew her girlfriend would have her head if that happened. But she couldn't help it and whispered how she would tell them later in Sour's ear to which she nodded with a laugh.

Sugarcoat just stared at them and rose an eyebrow at them, making them all stop laughing.

"Don't worry," Sunset cooed, "It's nothing bad."

"I highly doubt that," Sugarcoat replied rolling her eyes. "You're lucky I love you."

Sunset smiled brightly. "Aww, I love you too, hun."

"Don't call me that in front of them," Sugarcoat mumbled.

Indigo laughed along with Lemon before putting her arm around Sugarcoat, "You didn't say she couldn't call you that ever! Which means, you like the nickname, Sugar!"

"Shut up, Indigo."

Sour groaned loudly, causing the mood shift from happy to annoyance, which Sunset rose an eyebrow. "I hate to ruin the mood," Sour sweetly said before turning mad, "But we have someone interrupting us!" She pointed to a nervously shifting Twilight to which everyone but Sunset rolled their eyes.

"Twilight?" Sunset asked slowly, stepping in front of her friends, and everyone looked. To them, this looked like it was going to go down fast and they couldn't wait. "What are you doing here?"

"More importantly, what do you want?" Sunny Flare growled. "We're kinda busy here."

Twilight gulped, and smiled weakly, "Well, uh... I, uh... wanted to ask Sunset something..."

"Make it quick," Indigo sighed.

Sunset shook her head at her friend's comment before pulling Twilight away with a slight scowl on her face, and everyone laughed, thinking this would be a moment where Twilight would understand to stay away from the well known group of girls in Crystal Prep.

When they were alone, Sunset gazed at her friend.

"What did you need?" Sunset asked, crossing her arms.

"I was wondering if you could meet me at the park after school," Twilight stuttered out.

Sunset's expression softened. "Oh, well, I can do that. Look, I'm sorry for their behavior. I know they don't like you and all, but that doesn't give them the right to, you know, be mean to you."

"I'm used to it."

"It still doesn't mean it's right, Twilight. I'll speak to them about it, don't worry," Sunset promised. "I'll see you at the park, alright?"

Twilight nodded happily as she watched Sunset return to her friends and she couldn't believe it! She could finally confess her feelings! This was going to be the best day of her life! What could go wrong? Nothing. This was going to turn out fine, she knew it. She just had to keep hope on it.


When Sunset returned to her friends, they all seemed happy when she returned without the nerd, and Sunset gave Sugarcoat a kiss on the cheek before taking her hand, listening to her friends talk about whatever they could think of. Sunset didn't mention the way they treated Twilight yet, she would save that for later.

Today there was nothing going on, and when lunch rolled around, Sunset had her arm wrapped around Sugarcoat, and she rested her head on Sunset's shoulder while Lemon and Indigo battled it out with their guitars, trying to prove who was better.

Sunny and Sour weren't paying much attention, fighting like they usually did about their current topic of a project they had been paired up for. It seemed like there was two events going on, Sunset watched the guitar players and Sugarcoat watched Sour and Sunny.

Finally, Sunset spoke up.

"Can I ask you all something?" She asked, the others stopped and nodded. "Um, about the way you treat Twilight... why do you do that anyways? What did she even do you?"

"We don't have anything against her," Lemon mumbled, fidgeting with her guitar.

"Then why treat her like an outcast?"

Indigo bite her lip as she rubbed her neck. "Geez, well, I mean... okay, I have no fucking idea." She admitted. "But we're not the only ones doing it, Sunset. Everyone does it. Ask anyone, and they'll probably give you answers like she's awkward, a total smartass, Principal Cinch's prize student, and a lot of other things too."

"So, if you have nothing against her, why don't you treat her like a friend?" Sunset asked. "You know, forget what everyone would think?"

"Sure! We'll treat her like a friend," Sour Sweet smiled happily before frowning. "And totally destroy our reputation!"

"You won't be doing that."

Sunny rose an eyebrow and played with her fingers nervously, biting her lip a little bit. "How do you know that?" she asked, unsure.

"Because, I came from a place where you didn't run on reputation usually, but I did at one point, and I fell down hard. But, hey, I came back from that! I proved myself to them all I wasn't going back to the old reputation," Sunset replied, narrowing her eyes at the memories, "Even if they didn't trust me until after I saved them, I proved myself. But, I mean, c'mon! I was an outcast when I fell, but I changed to no longer an outcast. What makes you think you can't rebuild yourself another reputation?"

Lemon shifted. "We spent so long building our current one," She sighed. "We'll have to start from square all over again."

"But it'll be worth it before you leave this place for good."

Sugarcoat sighed heavily as she looked at her girlfriend, trying to figure out the motive behind this all. Why was Sunset about Twilight and how she was treated around CPA anyways? Her mind shot out the worst possible thing; did Sunset love Twilight?

Her heart twisted.

"Sunset..." Sugarcoat painfully began, "Do... do you like Twilight?"

"What!?" Sunset yelped, looking at her girlfriend, "Sugar! Hey! Look at me, it's not like that! I love you, and only you." She kissed her on the lips before pulling back. "Don't you ever think like that again, you hear me? You're important to me, and too important to lose. I owe you everything. If you hadn't come into my life when you did, I would be dead right now. I fell for you because you cared, listened to me, and showed me everything that was turned away from me back in Canterlot High, understand?"

Sugarcoat nodded. "I promise. I love you too."

Sour rubbed her neck, clearly disliking the thought of Sunset being dead, and nearly winced when that part came up. Geez, maybe they should rethink everything. "What could it do us to try anyways?" Sour asked slowly, either sweet or sour, just plainly curious. "We could always rebuild what we have..."

"But it took so long," Sunny sighed, "We'll be bombed with questions."

"I could always tell Colt Crush we need his help," Lemon piped up, mentioning her good friend. "He'll stop rumors and save our asses."

Indigo scowled, "I hate Colt though."

"Who's Colt Crush?" Sunset asked, tilting her head.

"A boy who crushed on Sugarcoat," Sour laughed and watched as jealousy went over Sunset's face. "Used to crush on Sugarcoat! He stopped his little crush when he heard about you dating Sugarcoat. It was the first time he backed down."

Sunset's jaw dropped. "Seriously?"

"Yup. And he doesn't back down easily," Lemon added.

"Wow..."


After school ended, Twilight made her way to the park, giving her things to Shining Armor before heading off. Her nerves started to play up as she doubted this choice of hers, but Shining and Cadance told her to go with it. She took a few deep breaths as she sat down and waited for her friend to show up.

A few minutes later and she saw Sunset coming up and quickly stood up, waving to her friend and Sunset smiled while she waved. This was it.

Time for the biggest moment of her entire life.

"Hey, Twilight," Sunset smiled happily. "What did you want to talk about?"

Twilight gulped, and smiled. "Well, I just wanted to know about what the others said if you talked about the way they treated me... you know?"

"Right! Yeah! I was going to tell you," She snapped her fingers. "They told me why, which they don't know why, they don't have anything really against you... after a while, I think they might start treating you like a friend rather than an outcast."

"Really?" Twilight whispered, amazed. "Wow..."

"Yup," Sunset nodded. "Anyways, what were you going to tell me? You look like you have another thing on your mind."

Twilight took a deep breath. This was it. This was the moment she wanted to have for so long, even without knowing it. After this, they could be dating if the feelings were returned, and she hoped to god it would be. She closed her eyes before reopening them.

She opened her mouth, and took the shot.

"Sunset... I..." Twilight nervously said, shifting a bit, Sunset just waited patiently. She could sense this would take some time, and she wouldn't mind waiting. "I, uh... screw it," Twilight mumbled before shooting forward and Sunset froze up still.

It took Sunset exactly three seconds to realize what was happening.

Twilight was kissing her.

Sunset pulled away, gazing with shock, and she saw Twilight smiling softly, and she gulped. How could she have missed it all? The way Twilight shifted nervously, the way she wanted to speak privately, how she was asked to meet her at the park after school, and the way she was asked if she was doing anything yesterday.

"Twilight... I..." Sunset began...