• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 4,071 Views, 169 Comments

Can It Be Us? - King_Again



Sci Twi is in love with someone, Cadance and Shining Armor are thrilled. But she just wishes someone would've told her the person she loves is taken.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,071

VI~Another Day

Another Day

"That's not at all what I'm saying!"

Sugarcoat looked up from her book to see Sunset pinching her nose while she walked back and forth in the hall. Their friends had gone off to grab their marked tests, and somewhere along the lines of waiting, Sunset had gotten a call from her boss. Which to an fight right this very moment.

"No," Sunset sighed heavily shaking her head, "I don't want to quit. You pay well. Yeah, I know... look, school's a bitch, okay? I know I should be more awake, but c'mon! There's tests twenty four seven while I'm here! Hell, I could be doing a test in my sleep for all I care and know."

Sugarcoat held back a laugh as the fight slowly eased into an agreement between the two, bonding over the unfairness of school. She placed her book down, marking her page and watched as Sunset agreed with whatever it was her boss wanted, and when the call was over, Sunset gave a loud sigh before gazing at her with tiredness.

"He wants me to work more hours," Sunset replied, sitting down and placing her head on Sugarcoat's shoulder. "It's fucking stupid, and overworking. I'm in school, doesn't he know he can't do that to me? I'm barely having enough free time as it is!"

"Take some time off," Sugarcoat told her. "Give yourself a break. That might help you."

"He'll call me to say I need to come in and work this person's shift," Sunset grumbled, "Like always."

"Sunset," Sugarcoat sighed heavily, "--you need to take a break, I'm serious. As much as I don't think everyone should when they could keep going, I know you're at your limit. Take a break, darling."

Sunset chuckled. "Is that what you're calling me now? Darling?"

"You gave me a nickname."

"I did," Sunset kissed her cheek. "And it's cute for you. It fits you, hun."

Sugarcoat flushed up brightly and looked away from her girlfriend, who just chuckled and kissed her cheek once more, before leaning up right and seeing their friends coming towards them, happily saying they passed like always, and Sunset nodded with a smile.

It was always nice to see her friends happy, and she hoped they could always be happy around her. She didn't want them sad, it didn't fit them.

"We should go out after school," Sunset announced. "Just to ya know, give us all a break before we head back home and have to study away for another test."

"Yes!" Lemon cheered. "We should totally do that!"

"I could go for a drink," Sunny nodded. "Maybe a milkshake."

Sour smiled sweetly, "I could too."

As they all agreed on a place, Sunset's phone rang again and she groaned heavily before excusing herself, thinking it was her boss again, and they nodded, feeling her pain of their own bosses calling them up. But when Sunset answered, far enough away so she wouldn't bother her friends, it wasn't her boss but it was Twilight.

Which made Sunset surprised.

The two girls didn't call each other, despite the many hints from Cadance and Shining Armor, Sunset found herself too busy to do so. This made her happy, it was certainly better than hearing her boss's voice again for what seemed like the thousandth time.

"Oh, hey, I wasn't expecting you to call," Sunset beamed widely, placing a hand on her hip. "Watcha callin' me for?"

"I wanted to talk," Twilight replied.

Sunset rose an eyebrow. "Are you in that lab again?"

"...Maybe..." Twilight answered and Sunset sighed heavily. "I can barely get around without people looking at me strangely, Sunset. It's better if I stay in here and let everyone think I'm not at school. I'll be in my classes, I promise."

"You better," Sunset chuckled, "You promised your parents you'd get out of there, as well as your brother and Cadance too. You wouldn't want to disappoint them."

"No, I wouldn't."

"Anyways," Sunset said, changing the subject. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay, and don't worry, I left Spike at home. My mom had the day off, having to called in sick," Twilight replied, and Sunset nodded, walking around a bit. "What are you doing after school?"

"Oh, well, I'm going out with my friends, what about you?"

"Probably studying for an upcoming test." Twilight lied.

Sunset understood the feeling of the need to study way too well by now. "I probably should do it too, but, Sugar told me I should take a break. My boss called me saying he needed someone to take up a shift, and I shot him down. I just can't. I needed some time off."

"You shouldn't overwork yourself. Sugarcoat is right, you do need a break."

"Very much so."

Twilight shifted where she was, sound coming from the background, probably paper. "Call me when you're home, okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

When the call ended, she went back to her friends.


Twilight sighed as she placed down her phone on the desk and leaned back in her chair. She had wanted to see if Sunset could meet up with her so she could take the risk like Shining suggested she do, but that didn't go as plan. Sunset was busy with her friends and wanted time off.

Great.

She sat there, not even thinking about the time, and she nearly jumped when the final bell rang loudly in her ears. Twilight blinked, and her jaw dropped when she saw what time it was. She had been there for three hours, staring at nothing but a screen for three hours. She hadn't gone to class, which was fine, she could always catch up.

How would Shining Armor take it when he found out?

Probably wouldn't care as she would always go to tomorrow's classes, but her heart was pounding when she was on a phone call with Sunset. If only Sunset had been able to meet her so she could take the big risk of her lifetime, maybe they could've had a happy ending like she hoped for.

"Twily! Ready to go?" Shining Armor called, opening the door. "Hey! Did she agree to meet you?"

"No, she was busy," Twilight replied. "I never thought confessing was this hard."

Shining leaned against the wall. "I know, it was hard for me to confess to, and if you think it's hard, trying proposing to the love of your life. Even harder!"

"We're not going that far!" Twilight flushed up. "We haven't even dated, much less I haven't confessed at all. Don't go into the marriage territory, please, Shining!"

"Alright, I'm just teasing ya," Shining patted her head. "C'mon, there's always tomorrow."

"I almost wish she would've said she had nothing to do," Twilight sighed. "It would get my nerves to calm down."

"Don't worry, she'll totally return the feelings."

"How do you know?"

Shining Armor smiled brightly and kissed her head, "Because you would make a great girlfriend, and you're cute. Anyone with eyes could see how you would be a good girlfriend. That's how I know."

"Is that what you told Cadance when you asked her out?"

"Not in those... words."

Twilight smiled weakly as they left the building.

At home, she stayed in her room, staring at her phone, waiting for Sunset to call. She never did, and she wondered if Sunset had forgotten to call her. Her heart twinged with worry but held back on pushing the call button. She had to trust Sunset was okay, and she had to trust everything.

Tomorrow, she would confess when she got the chance, and everything would be alright. Sunset would return the feelings, and they would be dating happily.

She could finally be happy in Crystal Prep without thinking twice about it. Even more so than getting into the college she wanted!

"She's okay," Twilight whispered as she placed her phone down onto the bedside table and laid down on her bed. "She'll meet you where you want, and she'll return the feelings when you confess. Everything will be alright, Twilight. Nothing to worry about!"

Oh how thoughts could run one happy scenario in the person's mind but leave them blinded for what was plainly in front of yourself.

And one blinded thing was if the person you loved was taken... like how Twilight was to Sunset dating Sugarcoat.