• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 4,075 Views, 169 Comments

Can It Be Us? - King_Again



Sci Twi is in love with someone, Cadance and Shining Armor are thrilled. But she just wishes someone would've told her the person she loves is taken.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,075

V~You're In Love

You're In Love

Several weeks later, and she couldn't be happier with her friendship with Sunset. She had learned Sunset had been too busy to answer her phone's text and said she was sorry. Twilight didn't mind. She knew Sunset had to be busy with her job and keeping up with the work Crystal Prep was giving them, so she understood perfectly. She didn't bother to ask what she was busy for anyways, she trusted Sunset enough.

As for the dinner her parents wanted to have with Sunset, when Twilight asked her about it, Sunset replied she would check if she was free one night, and Twilight happily agreed.

So, they held the dinner on a saturday night, Sunset had finished up with work early, took a shower, a nap, and got dressed for the dinner. Sunset pulled out her old outfit from Canterlot High and sighed heavily before picking a new outfit to wear, however, she only kept the leather jacket. A blue shirt, some jeans, boots, and her jacket. A perfect look. She quickly texted Sugarcoat saying she couldn't wait to meet up tomorrow and sent a kiss emoji before putting the phone into her pocket and heading out.

It wasn't' hard to find Twilight's place. Sunset found it with a bit of ease and she sucked in a deep breath, only having to gone to her friends' houses before, but she knew their parents a bit, but she hadn't heard anything from Twilight about her parents, so it made her feel a bit nervous.

Oh well, first time for everything.

In all honesty, Twilight's parents weren't bad. They were nice people. Night Light could crack a joke, Twilight Velete was acting like her own mother, institing she had something to drink. Twilight's older brother introduce himself, not like how he usually would in Crystal Prep, but as a regular family member like Sugarcoat's brothers and Sour's brother had done.

Then there was Dean Cadance, who told her to just call her Cadance. She was Shining's wife, which Sunset had already knew from Twilight, and she smiled happily at the Dean.

It was nice to know two staff members without being at Crystal Prep.

During dinner, Shining looked the girl up and down, smiling away at his little sister's friend. He couldn't believe his sister had scored a friendship with her.

"You know, I never would've thought Twily could score a good friendship like yours," He said. "It's nice to see her finally make friends again."

"What do you mean 'again'?" Sunset asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She hasn't left that little lab since she got it," Shining Armor explained, swallowing some of his food, "When you two met, she finally got out of here and tended her classes again. I was surprised. Ever since she was in there, she hadn't made a friend since."

"Really?" Sunset asked. "Wow."

Twilight rubbed her neck. "I would've. But, uh... I got too caught up."

"Doing what?"

"Work. My own work."

Sunset nodded, giving her friend a smirk. "Oh, okay. Sure, work."

"I like this friend of yours, Twily!" Shining laughed. "She should come around more often, don't ya think, Cadance?"

Cadance gave her agreement through a nod, having to be chewing food at the time, so she couldn't answer with words. When she swallowed, she gave a smile. "I agree. You should come around more."

Sunset smiled weakly at them. "Thanks for the offer, I'll think about it."

"Now, don't feel pressured into doing so," Night Light chuckled, "My son is just so happy his sister has a friend once more, and so are we. Just do what you feel is right on these type of things."

For the rest of the dinner was spent just talking about whatever they could think about. It was mostly about what school Sunset went to before, who her parents were(which Sunset had of course told them the truth about not having any), and if she had proper living space when she revealed she didn't have parents.

So, Sunset told them about her apartment she kept up with the rent by having a job, and how her life was. She was doing okay and they could see it by the way she managed her life fine without parents, and how her friends' parents were mostly like her parents with the way they knew about the current way her life was.

Velete smiled happily. "It seems like your friends' parents know how to handle this."

"A bit too much," Sunset replied with a laugh, "Once Sour's mother called to ask how I was and if I had breakfast. I heard her father give a bitter remark about how I wasn't their kid, but went all concerned when he spoke to me."

Cadance laughed, "So that's where Miss Sweet gets it from. Her parents."

"Suddenly sweet one moment, and the next sour? Yeah, probably," Sunset nodded.

When Sunset left, Twilight bid her goodbye and moved back into the house to help clean up. Shining wouldn't stop smiling away at her, which rose a few questions, Cadance was whispering to her mother, probably about Sunset. Night Light whistled the usual song while he cleaned up, nothing weird about him there.

Twilight didn't understand what was wrong with her brother and didn't ask until they were sitting the living room, their parents upstairs getting for work tomorrow, and she was left alone with her brother and sister-in-law. That's when she couldn't take it anymore, and turned to look at Shining, who was still smiling away at her.

"What?" Twilight asked, narrowing her eyes. "Why are you still smiling away like an idiot?"

"Because you're not fooling me." Shining laughed. "Anyone with eyes could see you can't fool anyone with your feelings, Twily."

"What?!"

Cadance whacked her husband on the arm before gazing at his sister. "Twilight, he's just teasing you about Sunset." She noticed how Twilight's face went bright red at the mere thought. "Don't take it too personally."

"What... feelings?" Twilight replied slowly to her brother. "What are you talking about?"

"C'mon!" Shining sighed, throwing up his arms. "Twily, you know what I said to you when I first figured out I was in love with Cadance? Do you remember?"

Twilight nodded, "I do."

"Well, replace my feelings for Cadance for your feelings for Sunset," Shining Armor explained. "There you go! Those type of feelings. The 'in love' feelings. Everyone gets them, Twily."

"I'm not in love with her!"

"Are you sure? You look really disappointed when she doesn't reply to your text, and you easily forgive her when you find out why. Not to mention you can't stop talking about when we ask how she's doing. Sounds a lot like love to me, sis. So, I ask again, are you sure?"

Cadance sighed and backed her husband up, "There's a lot of signs you're showing for love too. You have a certain look in your eyes when she's mentioned, even when she was over, you had this look on your face. I never seen that look on your face before."

Twilight rubbed her arm, "I'm not... in love..."

"Twilight," Shining sighed, "You are."

"Okay! So, maybe, I am," Twilight finally gave in. "What chance do I even have with her anyways? She's friends with the most popular girls at Crystal Prep, and I'm in the background! She has a better chance with... I don't know, say, Sugarcoat! Or maybe even Indigo Zap or Sour Sweet! Heck! Maybe even Sunny Flare! Anyone who isn't me. Besides, how do I even know she swings that way?"

Shining Armor shrugged and sipped his beer lightly before putting it down on the table beside him.

"Could always ask," he suggested. "It's not hard."

"She wouldn't go for me..." Twilight whispered. "I know she wouldn't. I'm fine with being her friend if it means she's happy."

"But you could always take the risk!" Shining Armor pushed gently. "I thought the same thing about Cadance, and what did you tell me? To take the risk! It paid off, Twily. What makes you think this would be any different?"

Twilight bite her lip as she thought about her brother's words. Was she really in love with Sunset? How could she be? They were just friends, after all!

But then, she thought all about their time together and found her heart pounded when she thought of her friend, and she almost lost her breath. She gulped. Shining and Cadance were right, she was in love with Sunset. She barely heard Cadance declare she was in love to her parents when they came down and asked what they were talking about.

All she could think about, over her parents' joy, was how she loved Sunset.

...But there was a nagging feeling, poking at her mind with one heavy question;

Would Sunset return the feelings?