• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 4,075 Views, 169 Comments

Can It Be Us? - King_Again



Sci Twi is in love with someone, Cadance and Shining Armor are thrilled. But she just wishes someone would've told her the person she loves is taken.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,075

X~No More Words

No More Words

"If you could just--!"

"Why should I?"

"Because I want to explain--!"

"There isn't anything to explain! I saw it happen! Why shouldn't I be angry?"

Sunset shook lightly, she could see flashes of the event playing over and over again. Then, all she could see was Sugarcoat's angry face and winced hard. She didn't want to lose her, she wanted to keep the relationship going. This wasn't going anywhere they could be happy. Couldn't Sugarcoat see how much she was worrying her with no words but yells being exchange?

But at the moment, there wasn't any signs of this getting back to a happier place for them. Deep inside, she hoped it didn't come to the point where they had to call it quits.

"Sugarcoat," Sunset said, stepping forward and grabbed her hand by a few seconds. "Listen to me! I didn't know! A-And if you want to leave this, you can! I won't stop you! Just... I don't want to lose you too! I lost everyone I ever knew and could consider someone which might not leave me for once..."

Sugarcoat shook her head. "I don't want to break up with you either. This is.... just something I need to get through myself, Sunset. None of it is your fault."

"Then why are we fighting like this?" Sunset asked. "Why are we straying away from each other like we want to stop the relationship? We can't even look at each other the same way anymore! I don't get it."

"I don't either..." Sugarcoat sighed heavily. "I don't want to end it, I'll tell you that."

Sunset couldn't help but picture another image where Sugarcoat did end things and left her in the dust all because of a kiss she didn't want in the first place. She began shaking slightly when Sugarcoat moved to leave her alone and she frowned before grabbing Sugarcoat's hand and pulled her into a hug. She buried her head into Sugarcoat's neck, and her girlfriend slowly rubbed her back.

Placing down her head on Sunset's shoulder, biting her lip while looking unsure. This wasn't how she pictured anything going. She was still mad and she was taking it out on Sunset. The wrong way to let her anger out. Sunset didn't know, and she didn't need to be ignored.

Not if she wanted Sunset to try to jump again.

"We'll be okay," Sugarcoat whispered. "I know we'll be okay."

"But how?" asked Sunset, biting her lip. "We barely look at each other."

Sugarcoat bite her lip and softly kissed Sunset on the lips before pulled away, and she sighed heavily before glancing away from her girlfriend. "We'll overcome this. It's just... a minor problem."

"Minor? It's much more than minor."

"If we keep suggesting more things, the worse the image in our heads become!" Sugarcoat spat out, becoming a bit more angry than before. "Please, Sunset, let me figure this out."

"But how long do you need?" asked Sunset, her voice barely a whisper.

Sugarcoat shrugged. "I don't know," She replied truthfully. "I just need time to figure out what I'm really feeling here. It's a mixture of anger, sadness, and total confusion."

Sunset just stared as Sugarcoat walked away, nearly hanging her head down. Her heart twisted and turned. Sunset finally let loose her tears and walked away into the bathroom to clean her face up. She didn't notice Twilight stopping in her tracks mid-action.

Twilight gulped before shifting nervously before sprinting away and slammed her lab's door shut loudly. She had planned on going to apologizing to Sunset when she learned what happened between her brother and... could she say friend again? Shining reacted out of character and when Cadance brought it up last night, he went pale.

They all went pale when Cadance repeated Sunset's words about herself and how she was fated to be alone forever. But the ones that left a mark was her defeated words.

Nobody sticks around forever...

How could she possibly make things better?


At lunch, Sunset sighed heavily as they were in the usual room, but they didn't speak. It was total silence as Sugarcoat wasn't with them right now. Sunny didn't know what to say, Indigo felt awkward, and Lemon just shared looks with Sour. They all knew this was about the accident of the confession.

They just didn't know how to approach the two of them anymore.

"So, uh..." Indigo began, tapping her fingers together. "You two talking?"

"No," Sunset shook her head. "She said she needed time to think it over before she wanted to talk with me."

Sunny bite her lip. "Does this mean you'll break up?"

"I hope not." Sunset sighed. "She said she doesn't want to..."

"Then she won't," Lemon tried making her feel better. "This is just another... bump in the road you need to get over. You'll be fine! You'll see!"

Sunset sighed and looked over at the doorway, hoping Sugarcoat would walk through and was ready to talk it over. But she knew it wouldn't happen. She groaned heavily. Why did Sugarcoat, of all people, have to see the kiss she didn't want in the first place? She wished she could go back in time and fix her mistake.

There was no way Sugarcoat would forgive her.

"I just hope she doesn't break up with me," Sunset whimpered. "Who knows what she'll decide?"

"Whatever she deicides, it won't be to end things." Indigo stated. "She loves you, and you love her! What makes you think she'll leave you?"

"Maybe if she convinces herself that I like Twilight?"

Sour made a face and shook her head. "No. You even said how you would only ever love her. Besides, when we saw it happen, she knew you had nothing to do with it. Why would she convince herself of that?"

Sunset sighed heavily and looked down at her feet before back up at Sour.

"Because one way or another, everyone leaves in the end, and they won't stay forever."


Sugarcoat sighed and walked towards her locker, and placed her hand on the metal before closing her eyes. She didn't show up in the music room mainly because she couldn't face her girlfriend just yet. Her emotions just couldn't stay in control around her knowing she had kissed another girl, even if it wasn't wanted.

It still happened and it nothing would change it.

"Sugarcoat?"

She wiped her head around and saw Twilight standing there, rubbing her arm unsurely and Sugarcoat growled lowly. What made her think she could come up and actually talk to her after what she had done?

"What do you want?" Sugarcoat asked, angry.

Twilight shifted nervously. "I just wanted to say sorry."

"It's going to take a lot more than a sorry to fix what you did," Sugarcoat stated.

"I swear I didn't know!" Twilight sniffed. "If I had known, I wouldn't have done what I did. Please! I never meant to do this... I..."

Sugarcoat frowned and crossed her arms. "I don't want to hear it. In fact, don't talk to me ever."

"Sugarcoat..."

"No!" Sugarcoat shouted, walking away from her, trying to keep her tears from escaping her eyes. "You're the reason why I'm not talking to Sunset. You're the reason why I'm doubting everything now. You're the reason why I don't know if it's worth it anymore.."

Twilight gulped. What did she mean?

"What do you mean? What isn't worth it anymore? What are you doubting?" She asked slowly.

Sugarcoat sighed and gazed down at the ground.

"The relationship."