• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 4,075 Views, 169 Comments

Can It Be Us? - King_Again



Sci Twi is in love with someone, Cadance and Shining Armor are thrilled. But she just wishes someone would've told her the person she loves is taken.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,075

III~Just The Two Of Us

Just The Two Of Us

That night, Twilight sat on her bed, gazing at her phone. She was in her contacts and she kept gazing at Sunset's number. Her heart was pounding loudly as she thought about texting her newfound friend. Her parents were thrilled when they found out, Shining did a happy dance, and Cadance clapped her hands before happily saying how proud she was. But now remained the question, if she texted Sunset, would she text back?

She sat there for nearly half and hour before sucking a deep breath in and realising it out. Now or never. She clicked Sunset's name and then clicked the text button, in a moment's time, she was on a texting screen with Sunset. Twilight's eyes floated to the icon for Sunset's number and tilted her head when she saw Sugarcoat with her in the picture. It was odd, but Twilight didn't think anything of it.

Twilight's fingers still when they moved to the keyboard. Should she actually do this? Maybe Sunset was busy didn't have the time to talk with her? No, she shook her head. She could do this.

She would do this.

In a minute top, Twilight sent the message off to her new friend and hoped she would respond. Her heart was pounding when she kept her eyes on the screen.

{ Hi, Sunset, it's Twilight from school...

A reply shortly came and Twilight beamed widely, she could hardly keep her giggles from escaping her mouth out of pure happiness. She was happy her parents were downstairs and not coming up to see her right now. Even more happy to know Shining Armor and Cadance were out on a date.

Hey, Twilight! I didn't expect you to text me so soon! }

Twilight bite her lip. She did interrupt anything? God, she hoped not.

{ Oh, did I interrupt anything?

Na, I was meaning to take a break from my game anyways. Indigo's a real fucking pain in the ass when you play online with her. As well as other people. }

{ What game are you playing?

GTA 5 online. It's fun! Have you played it before? }

{ No, I haven't.

The conversation went back and forth, each time Sunset mentioned one of her friends, Twilight felt a tug in her heart. Sunset was new, but she could make friends real fast. She didn't think Sunset would be able to make friends with the popular girls so quickly. But either way, she was happy she could text Sunset without worrying too much over being found out.

The entire time they were texting, it really felt like it was just the two of them. No one else mattered in this time. For once, maybe it felt like she could finally have an actual conversation with one of her friends in peace without being made fun of by everyone else.

Moondancer was one of her closest friends until she moved away to another state, saying how they would always keep in touch, and they did, but... after awhile, Moondancer stopped texting her back, stopping answering calls, and by that point Twilight didn't try anymore. There was a few texts, maybe two calls, but that was all.

At least Sunset seemed happy to talk with her.

"Hey, kiddo, time for bed," Night Light said while he walked into his daughter's room. "Put the phone away, kiddo."

"Okay, dad," Twilight replied, sending off a quick goodnight text to Sunset before her phone down on her dresser, charging it before kissing her dad on the cheek. "Night, dad."

"Goodnight, sweetheart."

Tomorrow would be great. She could speak with Sunset at school, and everything would turn out great. Just like she hoped it would.


The next day, Twilight arrived to see Sunset with her friends, and gulped. She wouldn't dare to approach them. As she walked by, she noted how Sunset didn't wave to her, too caught up with speaking. However the one thing she didn't catch was how Sunset was holding Sugarcoat's hand, and kissed her on the cheek when they began moving away from the set of lockers towards their first class of the day.

They didn't have a class together first block, and it was a huge test which was fine considering how Twilight managed to finish first out of everyone else. The teacher didn't say anything, fitting since they never did to them when they finished a test or handed things in.

Seeing how no one would look, Twilight pulled out her phone and clicked on Sunset's name to start texting her again, and she smiled widely.

{ Hi, Sunset, what class are you in?

It only took a minute for Sunset to reply.

Math, just finished this surprise test, luckily I've done the unit before in my old school. Nothing new, last unit before I transfered. Teacher was really surprised to see the new kid finish up before the smartass of the class. }

{ Good to hear :)
{ How did you find the test anyways?

Alright, I guess. It's different from the other tests I've taken back at that other school, but it's a refresher }

Twilight quickly put down her phone when she saw the teacher walking around to collect the finished tests. She knew for a fact none of the teachers liked students going on their phones during tests or class, despite some saying they would need their phones for research.

When the teacher picked up her test and walked by, Twilight looked at her phone and quickly typed up her reply before putting it back in her pocket and taking out a book she signed out from the school's library. Nothing new, but it was good enough to mask up her eagerness for Sunset's reply to her text.

She didn't feel her phone buz in her pocket at all, not even when the bell rang and she headed to her next class. Twilight sighed heavily. Sunset probably wouldn't reply until she managed to get a second.

The nerd didn't mind, but still it would be nice if her friend replied.

At lunch, Twilight's eyes brightened behind her glasses when she saw Sunset alone at her locker, and no one was around. This could be a perfect moment to speak with her in person again! It would be much better than speaking over text and she happily moved towards her friend.

"Sunset!" Twilight happily called and her friend gave her a small smile. "What class did you come from?"

"Oh, I just came from a double block of math," Sunset replied. "Sorry I didn't respond, I saw the text though. Teacher was pretty serious about the next unit."

Twilight nodded in understanding. "I know the feeling."

"Listen," Sunset cleared her throat, "Do you know any good places to go to after school...?"

"I do, why?"

Sunset looked like she was blushing and she rubbed her neck a little nervous. "Well, I wanted to see if there was a place good enough to... ya know... visit." She recovered from the blush fairly quick. "After school place to eat, something along those lines."

"Oh, well, there's this place by the mall," Twilight said. "I don't remember the name, but I know it has good food. It's not like Sugarcube Corner or anything..."

Sunset smiled. "That's fine. Sugarcube Corner is mostly for dessert anyways."

"Do you want me to come with you?" asked Twilight, a bit shy.

"No, it's okay," Sunset shook her head. "I'm sure you have friends waiting for you. Everyone else does, I wouldn't want to keep you from them."

Twilight laughed nervously. "Well, uh, they're all busy. I don't have anyone waiting for me expect for my brother and Dean Cadance."

"Wait," Sunset rose an eyebrow, "Dean Cadance waits for you? Who's your brother?"

"Shining Armor, one of the sport coaches," Twilight explained and Sunset gave a realizing expression, "Yeah, he teaches football. Anyways, he and Dean Cadance are married."

"Does your brother give you a ride?"

"Yeah, me and Cadance."

The two talked for a bit longer until Sunset's phone went off with Sugarcoat's name written on the screen and Sunset beamed happily before raising a finger for Twilight to excuse her for a moment.

"What's up, Sugar?" Sunset asked happily, leaning against the locker. "Oh, shoot! I totally forgot! I know, I'll be right there! Tell 'em I'm sorry. My mind was somewhere else. Where? Hehe... it's, uh, a surprise!"

Twilight rose an eyebrow while Sunset finished up her phone call with Sugarcoat.

"Did you forget to meet them?" Twilight asked when Sunset lowered her phone.

"Yeah," Sunset sighed. "Slipped my mind."

Twilight smiled. "I don't want to keep you from them. I'll see you later, Sunset."

"You too, Twilight."

Twilight couldn't keep the smile off of her face as she walked away from Sunset.