• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 4,075 Views, 169 Comments

Can It Be Us? - King_Again



Sci Twi is in love with someone, Cadance and Shining Armor are thrilled. But she just wishes someone would've told her the person she loves is taken.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,075

IV~Date

Date

Sunset held her stomach as she and Sugarcoat left the cafe. "Uh," She groaned heavily, "Last time I'll come here. Their food is way too heavy for me."

"That's because you ate so much without chewing," Sugarcoat replied, putting on her jacket. "If you had chewed you wouldn't be feeling so sick."

"Hey! It was good!" Sunset protested. "Wait... how can it be heavy and good at the same...?" She smacked herself on the head while Sugarcoat gave out a laugh at her girlfriend. "Ignore me, hun. I don't know what I'm saying right now. Too sick in the head to even think right now."

"At least you finished your food."

Sunset nodded in agreement as they held hands tightly as they walked towards Sugarcoat's car. "But... how did you like it? Was it too much? Too less? Would you be interested in coming back here?"

"I think I might, it was good, though the waitering was terrible," Sugarcoat replied as she got into the driver seat. Sunset could agree on that.

"Thirteen fucking minutes," Sunset grumbled. "The place was practically empty! How could they be slow?"

Sugarcoat shrugged. "I have no idea. I would not like to go back there for a date."

"Noted. And agreed."

The drive to Sunset's apartment was a fairly good length away from the cafe, and they talked about places where they could have dates in the future, anything place without slow waitering, even if it was only a few couple of days when they were like that. It just didn't fit them. Plus, the many people who were in there did become angry and couldn't handle the wait and left before their food even got to them.

When they arrived, Sunset gave her a kiss, deepening it to make it last much longer than their usual ones. At the breaking point, she pulled away and both were breathing heavily. Sunset gave her another kiss, a quick kiss, and pulled away with a smile.

"Shit, you still look cute," Sunset beamed widely. Sugarcoat flushed up bright red. "Er... do you want to sleepover tonight? That is, if you don't have anything to do! And don't worry, nothing will happen. We can order in or I can cook us something. What do you say?"

"If it means I don't have to go home to two annoying brothers, I'm in," Sugarcoat nodded. "Just let me call my father, okay? He'll let my mom know."

After Sugarcoat finished her phone call, the two of them moved into the apartment, and Sunset hung her girlfriend's jacket up in the closet along her own jacket and placed her bag down in her room, placing Sugarcoat's right next to her own. There wasn't much to do, but it would be nice to have Sugarcoat over with her.

Surely Indigo could understand why she couldn't play with her online today, given how Indigo used to date Sugarcoat and knew pretty much what she liked, and if she didn't, Sunset would wing it. Usually, Sunset went to Indigo for date ideas, and presents for her girlfriend, thinking Indigo might have good ideas on what Sugarcoat might like.

It would save her the trouble of trying to figure out what to get her.

Saving the trouble of cooking, Sunset just ordered in a pizza instead, also getting dessert from the same place to say trouble. When the pizza and dessert arrived, they just laid down on the couch, cuddling while watching movies. Every so often when a scary part would raise up, Sugarcoat would jump and hide her face in Sunset's chest, mumbling how to never tell this to the others.

Each time it happened, Sunset would just kiss her head and agree never to tell them, but secretly promised to text it to them on a private group chat.

"C'mon, you're too cute, how can I keep it a secret?" Sunset asked as she held Sugarcoat in her embrace. "I'm sure everyone would like to know about it."

"You tell them and you're dead to me." Sugarcoat blunty replied.

Sunset laughed. "Okay, okay, I won't tell them... maybe." She winked.

"Sunset!"

Again, the fiery haired girl laughed.

"I'm kidding! I won't tell a soul," Sunset grinned. "I'll keep it between us, like you want. But, hey, this is a cute part of you. Are you always like this with scary movies? Even though Bride of Chucky isn't so bad?"

Sugarcoat gulped. "I hate dolls." She explained. "I can't stand them, and they're so fucking terrifying. They just stare at you with dead eyes and no emotions. They always have the same emotional happy smile on their face, and it creeps me out! Especially killer dolls who used to be human."

"It's just a movie, hun," Sunset cooed, stroking her hair. "Like Chucky will come for the both of us. He's not real."

"Tell it to the writers of the many sequels," Sugarcoat mumbled under her breath.

"And I'll protect you if he is real," Sunset replied. "I promise."

The rest of the movie was spent whispering to each other, eating their dessert, drinking the pop they ordered as well, and cuddling under a blanket while on a roll with Chucky movies. The best kind of horror in Sunset's opinion and the nightmarish type in Sugarcoat's opinion.

At least they were having fun together.

At one point, Sunset saw her phone light up with a text from Twilight. She knew she should answer. Sugarcoat was trying to keep her eyes from closing, and it would be a good chance to text her new friend saying she was busy, but Sunset was too comfortable to move for her phone.

She would have to text Twilight later saying why she didn't answer.

Twilight will understand.


Twilight bite her lip as she looked up from her work. Her phone hadn't light up with a reply from Sunset, which was odd considering how Sunset found the time to reply to her for the last two times they texted. She knew she shouldn't be worried, Sunset just might be busy is all. She would get a reply later.

But what if she didn't?

What if Sunset didn't want to text her anymore? What if it was all a lie when she said they could be friends? Her mind began to work up all these different types of situations that she didn't realize her brother came into her room with some ice cream in her hand.

Shining Armor tried to fight back a smile when he realized his baby sister was gazing at her phone, probably wanting to see a text come up with her new friend's name. It warmed his heart to know his little Twily had found a friend in Crystal Prep after all of this time.

"Hey, Twily," Shining Armor called out, breaking Twilight out of her thoughts. "I brought some ice cream for ya."

"Thanks BBBFF," Twilight replied, taking the dessert out of his hand.

Shining Armor nodded and sat down on her bed, "Watcha doing? You looked deep in thought."

"Oh..." Twilight rubbed her neck. "I was just... waiting for a reply from Sunset."

"Your friend, yeah?" Shining asked and she nodded. "How well are you two getting along, Twily? I never seen you so happy so far."

Twilight shifted in her spot as she stole a quick glance down at her phone before she looked back at her big brother. She smiled happily at him. "We're getting along great! I mean, yeah, we don't really talk in class. But we talked in the halls a bit, and we text too."

"Hmm, you should have her over for dinner some time," Shining Armor suggested. "I bet mom and dad would love to meet her."

"I don't know," Twilight tugged on her collar. "I never really had a friend over since Moondancer moved..."

Shining Armor sighed heavily and patted her shoulder, "C'mon, Twily! We really want to meet her. You talk nonstop about her during dinner whenever Cadance asks. I bet she'd love to get to know her more."

"I would."

Twilight nearly jumped when she heard Cadance's voice, and saw the Dean of Crystal Prep coming into her room to give Shining a kiss on the cheek. Instead of wearing her usual work clothes, she was in something more comfortable. Twilight gave her a grin.

"Hi, Cadance," Twilight greeted her old babysitter. "I didn't know you were over."

"That's because you were so caught up in getting the reply from your friend," Shining Armor laughed. "I brought Cadance with me for the night. You know, mom's main rule of moving out. Always spend a night or two at the house every three or four weeks."

"I know," Twilight nodded. "It's stupid."

Cadance giggled. "She just wants to know you two are okay."

"Anyways, you should really consider asking your friend if she can come over for dinner one night. It'll be fun meeting her for the first time," Shining Armor said. "I could see if I could hook her up with the football team if she's interested. Always nice to have some girls join up football. That's for sure."

"Okay, I'll see."

Cadance beamed widely and took her husband's hand. "Great! We'll see you tomorrow morning."

As they walked out, Twilight glanced down and sighed.

Still no reply.

What was taking Sunset so long to answer?