• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 4,075 Views, 169 Comments

Can It Be Us? - King_Again



Sci Twi is in love with someone, Cadance and Shining Armor are thrilled. But she just wishes someone would've told her the person she loves is taken.

  • ...
8
 169
 4,075

XI~Choices & Choices

Choices & Choices

"What you did was a dick move, Shining Armor!" Cadance snapped as soon as she saw her husband, and Shining's jaw dropped at the words before giving her a confused look. "Getting upset at Sunset who did nothing? Look at our choices! We didn't tell Twilight to make sure Sunset was single, we just urged her to attempt it because it was her first crush. We're much at fault with this and you can't go getting all mad at Sunset."

Shining gulped. "Cadance, I... I didn't..."

"Look at me," She stated. "I know you're upset that Twilight was hurt, and I am too. But if you looked at it from Sunset's view, you'd see she's hurting as much as Twilight is and her relationship is at stake now. She isn't speaking with her girlfriend. And she's scared this is signaling the end of the relationship."

"What?" Shining asked slowly. "You're kidding."

"No, I'm not. I spoke with Sunset, and you know what she said. 'Nobody sticks around forever.' Shining, those words have a big meaning behind them!" Cadance exclaimed. "Much more than we can know."

Shining sighed heavily as he thought about his wife's words. She was right. He didn't know Sunset's side, and he shouldn't be going after her when they didn't tell Twilight to find out if she was single or not. He was too wrapped up with Twilight's first ever crush and he was excited to be blinded by the obvious question.

Was she single or taken?

But hearing how Sunset's relationship was hanging by a string was making him nervous. He didn't know the whole story to Sunset, but something told him he didn't want to know because something dark would pop up. Everyone's story had a dark hour.

A dark area.

He finally broke out of his thoughts when Cadance left without another word and his eyes fell down onto his desk, filled with papers. Grades needed to be finished and submitted to Principal Cinch. He could worry about them some other time. He needed to say sorry to Sunset and tell her he was at fault as he urged Twilight into confessing without thinking at all. But would she want to talk with him?

Probably not.

Did he know where to find her? Nope. Would he work up the courage to actually find her, say sorry, and then tell her to go save her relationship? Yeah, he would.

He walked around the school for what seemed like hours and finally found Sunset just staring at her locker with blank eyes. She looked like she had been crying forever. His heart sank.

Did he do this?

"Sunset," He called and she jumped when she heard his voice. "I have to tell you something important, and I want you to listen to me."

"Okay," She replied, her voice cracking slightly.

"I'm sorry," Shining responded. "I wasn't thinking when I got angry at you. I was just feeling protective over Twilight and wasn't thinking. I'm the one who urged her to confess without finding out if you were single. Everything bad that may happen, you can blame all on me! Don't blame Cadance, or Twilight!"

"Dean Cadance?" Sunset slowly said. "Did she urge Twilight too?"

He nodded without question. "Yeah, because we were so thrilled about Twily's first crush that we weren't thinking..."

"Can I ask you something, coach?"

"Anything."

Sunset took a deep breath and looked up at the football coach, looking like she was afraid to know the answer. When Shining thought she couldn't ask, he was about to say when she felt better she could ask but she ended up speaking when he opened his mouth.

"What do I do?" She asked softly. "I'm scared Sugar will leave me."

"She won't," Shining stated. "I know she won't. I went through the same thing with Cadance, and she stayed. What you do is you have faith in everything will work out, and it will be. You'll see."

"She's growing more distance though," Sunset sniffed. "She doesn't talk with me as much anymore. It's always one word answers via text, and she isn't really speaking to any of us minus Sour Sweet."

Shining bite his lip. It sounded really bad.

"I don't know," He sighed heavily. "Everyone's different. But... just have faith, okay?"

"Okay..."

He watched her move away with a slight sadness to her walk and he sucked in another sharp breath. Shit. This was really getting to her now. He didn't know what she might do, but whatever it was, he hoped it wasn't going to lead to cutting and suicide.

He just hated the thought of people killing themselves.

"Twily?" He called as he opened the door to Twilight's lab and found her looking at her computer. "Hey, Twily!"

Twilight jumped a little before gazing over her shoulder to see her brother. "Yes?"

"I just spoke with your friend," Shining said nervously. "I apologized for my behavior. Look, don't give up on being friends with her, okay? You can be friends with her, right?"

"She doesn't want to talk with me," Twilight whispered.

"But you can make an effort to fix the friendship!" Shining pushed. "Forget the crush! Forget the accident! Just focus on the friendship and make it clear, you'll stay away from her relationship. You won't go past the friendship line."

"Are you sure?"

Shining nodded. "Positive. Look, she needs someone to talk too. The relationship is on edge, and if it keeps up like this, it'll drop. Let her know she has someone to turn to! Text her! Call her! Go up to her and tell her you're here for me as a friend and nothing more."

"I'll try..." Twilight said, nodding slowly.

"Good," Shining smiled, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Just don't leave her alone, don't give up on your friendship with her. Don't let her go down a dark path."

Twilight nodded, thinking over his words very carefully.


Sunset didn't meet up with her friends after school, she didn't even see Sugarcoat with them. Her mind was solely on trying to fix her relationship without allowing it to crush downwards to the ground. Sugarcoat meant everything to her, and if they broke up, she didn't know what she would do. Her friends would probably have to pick sides, and she would hate it. She didn't want them to pick sides, she wanted them all to remain friends without anything coming between them.

Now that she thought of it, it sounded like Anon-A-Miss.

The way they would probably have to pick sides, like the Rainbooms had done without thought. How she wanted them to remain friends, and how the Rainbooms didn't want to be friends with her anymore and dropped her the moment they thought it was her. The results coming out of the possible break up might lead to the loneliness Anon-A-Miss brought her.

Anon-A-Miss...

It had been a well since she thought of that area, and she wondered how her old friends were doing. How Canterlot High was doing, but why should she care? They brought her leave upon themselves, they brought the unfixable friendship mess on themselves.

Twilight Sparkle, the one from her world, tried to help her. She sought out the Rainbooms, probably tore into them, and actually listened to her side of the story when she visited the human world.

But it wasn't enough to keep her at the school.

Yet, two good things came out of the mess. Sugarcoat and her friends. Sugarcoat was the very first person she thought would actually be her friend, and she turned into something more. The Shadowbolts were her friends. They could've been this world's Twilight's friends too but when they were close to try it out, Twilight kissed her and ruined the chance the moment the Shadowbolts saw her.

Everything was hurting now.

Why was her life so fucked up and hard to live?

"Sunset!"

Sunset winced she heard the familiar voice and she saw Twilight running towards her. She allowed the girl to catch her breath, and she didn't walk away. She might as well listen to her to see what would become of this, and if it did lead to another confession, she'd end the on edge friendship.

"Yeah, Twilight?" She asked.

"Look, I just wanted to say I'm sorry," Twilight answered, sounding very honest and sad at the same time. "I should've asked, but I was caught up in the first friendship I ever had in Crystal Prep that I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry for how Shining Armor acted towards you and I'm happy he apologized. But, I don't have anymore intentions for confessing anymore. I just want to be friends and I'm here for you."

Sunset smiled softly. "It's okay, Twilight." She said. "We're okay, and yeah, it'll be awkward for a while for us. But, hey, we'll recover from the whole thing. It's in the past."

"And Sunset?" Twilight added. "If you ever want to talk about what's going on between you and Sugarcoat, you can always talk with me. I'll be here for you as a friend. I'm not stepping over that line."

"Thanks." Sunset smiled before going nervously. "Hey, uh, do... do you mind staying here for a moment while I make a phone call? I just... need someone to talk to after I make it."

Twilight nodded, "Of course."

Sunset took a few deep breaths before pulling out her phone and going into her contacts. She winced when she saw Sugarcoat's name but didn't click on it. She was giving her space and she was going to keep her word, but instead, she clicked another name.

It rang for a few moments before the other line was picked up.

"Hello?" The other person said.

Sunset managed to obtain a small, small, smile on her lips.

"Hi, Rarity..."