• Published 24th Oct 2018
  • 4,695 Views, 132 Comments

The Dragon of Sweet Apple Acres - closet brony 77



Spike gets raised by Applejack's family, good old hilarity ensures.

  • ...
4
 132
 4,695

school days

“Now remember what ah told ya’ll; no talkin ta strangers, look both ways before ya cross the street, an’ when ya’ll git outta school ya come right home ya hear?” said Pear Butter, wiping some stray muck off of Spike’s cheek with a dirty rag

“Yes ma.” the baby dragon, colt, and filly replied, still slightly out of breath.

The first day of school was always a big event in the life of any pony, or dragon in this case; taking the first steps into becoming a full grown adult, Big Mac had already started school a couple of years before and now it was Applejack and Spike’s turn.

Although their morning could have gone much smoother, as it was a complete and utter train wreck from start to finish.

First of all, Pear Butter and Bright Mac had a rather rough time toiling away in the fields yesterday and were completely and utterly exhausted as a result, so much so that they completely slept through the rooster’s morning crows and because they didn’t wake up neither did Applejack, Spike, or Big Mac. When the parents of the apple family finally did return to the waking world, it was in a complete panic at the realization that their kin were going to be late for their first day of school.

Then it was a mad dash to get them all cleaned and ready, (admittedly smearing toothpaste on toast to save time wasn’t the brightest of ideas), throwing their lunches together with whatever apple products they already had on hand, and full on sprinting to the school house; for whatever reason it seemed that everything was bent on stopping them from reaching schoolhouse.

First it was that runaway cart of candy; then a windowsill garden nearly falling directly on top of Spike, followed by a grand piano that narrowly missed him as well; then there was a bunny drive that they had to push their way through; then a pear demon materializing on main street, which Pear Butter and Bright Mac heroically fought off; and lastly, a massive rainstorm coming out of seemingly nowhere.

But in the end they had still made it to school on time, completely out of breath and soaked to the bone, but on time.

“An’ try ta make some friends with the other foals, ah know ya’ll are attached ta each other but ya need ta put yerselves out there, ya can’t have yer family be yer ONLY friends after all.” said Bright Mac.

“Okay pa, we’ll try.” said Spike, prompting a smile from the workhorse.

“Good. Have a great day, all of ya’ll.” said Bright Mac, playfully tousling his children’s hair and headfin. “An’ Mac, watch out fer yer brother and sister today, alright?”

Big Macintosh gave his father a dutiful salute, earning a chuckle for his display.

On that note the elder apples left both of their foals standing at the outer edge of the school yards, facing towards their futures with uncertainty.

They hadn’t lived a sheltered life on the farm, far from it, it was just that neither of them had a lot of experience socializing with other foals. Sure Applejack had met a few in Manehattan but they were just as vain and full of themselves as their parents, nothing like the humble folk in Ponyville….or at least she hoped so.

Spike wasn’t any less anxious than her sister, being a dragon and all meant he was going to stand out right away amongst all the other foals in class whether he liked it or not….and if he was going to like it or not was something that was yet to be seen.

Taking notice of his sibling’s discomfort, he laid a hoof on each of their shoulders.

“Hey, ya’ll don’t need ta be worried. School ain’t that bad, ah’ve been going her fer two years now, ya’ll will fit in like a glove.” said the eldest apple sibling.

Right then a random colt shouted “FILLY FIGHT!”

The farmer trio look over towards the source of the noise and was met with the sight of a pair of fillies beating the everloving snot out of each other; one being a earth pony with a light grey coat, a dark grey mane, and a violet treble clef, who was wearing a white t-shirt that said ‘#1 daugher’ on the front and was beating the other filly over the head with a violin; said filly happened to be a unicorn with a white coat, a blue mane and a set of musical notes on her flank, wearing a red bow tie and purple tinted sunglasses who was slamming her hooves into her attackers chest. All the while the foals around them were chanting:

“FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!”

Spike and Applejack could only stare at their brother incredulously.

“Ah swear isn’t usually not like this….” Big Mac said, rather unconvincingly.

**********************

“Hey is that a dragon?!” said a filly

That was the very first thing Spike and Applejack heard when they walked into the classroom, since Big Mac was two grades above them he was in another class entirely but he promised to meet up with the duo during recess.

Not that they needed him, even with the savage brawl that had occured moments ago, both Spike and Applejack were confident they could hold their own in a fight against a couple of their classmates; but against the entire class was a different story.

And with nearly every set of eyes on the poor dragon in looked like things might have to play out that way.

Spike started to back away towards the door, maybe he’d be able to convince ma and pa to homeschool him, only for something warm and slightly wet to poke him in the back.

Turning around Spike saw a set of blue eyes mere inches from his own and jumped up in surprise, landing on his butt in the process.

“Wowie zowie! I’ve never gotten to meet a dragon before!” said the creature.

From his spot on the floor, Spike managed to get a better look at just what exactly had invaded his personal space; it was a earth pony filly with bubblegum pink fur and a mane that bared a striking resemblance to cotton candy, smelled like it too.

“Hi there! My name’s Pinkie Pie! The greatest super duper happiest party pony in ponyville! What’s your name?” The filly Said, literally jumping up and down in place.

“Ah’m Spike.” the baby dragon replied, the initial shock of the situation wearing off only to be replaced with utter befuddlement at this filly’s mannerism.

“Nice to meet ya Spike!” Pinkie replied before shoving a hoof into her mane and pulling out a frosted pastry “here have a friendship cupcake.”

Spike looked back and forth between the miniature cake and the filly’s mane. “How did ya-”


Pinkie Pie quickly shoved the cupcake into Spike’s mouth, silencing him while simultaneously smearing the icing across his face.

“Shhh, just enjoy the cupcake.”

As strange as the situation was, Spike had to admit that the cupcake that had just been force fed to him was REALLY good.

The dragon got back onto his feet with the intent of thanking Pinkie Pie, but was stopped by ten or so foals surrounding him at once, asking him all manner of questions.

“Can you breath fire?”

“Do dragons really eat gems?”

“Why don’t you have wings?”

“Can I touch your scales?”

They slowly but surely began to close in on him, leaving the poor baby dragon with less and less breathing room.

Applejack had been shoved aside when the foals had surged forth and every instinct in her body was screaming at her to get her brother out of there, but no matter how hard she tried the filly couldn’t seem to push her way into the crowd and they were too enamoured by the newest addition to the class to pay attention to her shouts of protest.

Thankfully, if by fate or divine intervention, an older mare arrived to put a stop to the situation.

“WHAT IN THE SAM HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!” Bellowed the mare.

Almost immediately the classroom was swept into a dead silence, as if the grim reaper himself had enter the room.

The mare standing there in the doorway was a rather heavyset pony with a yellow coat and a grey mane that clearly had received too much hairspray, her face showed clear signs of age between her wrinkled squinting eyes that hid behind a pair of black pointed spectacles, lips coated in red lipstick and pearl earrings through her ears, and a small whistle dangling around her neck; the look on her face would make a bulldog look like a bunny.

“All of you, get back in your seats right now!”

The foals quickly dissipated from the crowd and ran towards their respective assigned seats, lest they incite their teachers wrath.

It was at that moment that the teacher noticed the dragon still standing right in front of her, causing her to squint her eyes further at the lizard.

“A dragon? Wait a minute, you’re Big Mac’s brother aren’t you?” the mare gruffly said.

The baby dragon nodded, still greatly intimidated by the mare.

She then turned towards Applejack “and you must be his little sister Applejack.”

Applejack nodded as she tried to swallow down the lump that had formed in her throat.

“I’ve heard a whole lot about you two from him, but don’t think you can pull one over me. I’ve got my eyes on both of you, now sit down.”

The duo very nearly stumbled over each other getting to their seats; thankfully their desks were right next to each other but unfortunately for Spike, he also had to sit next to Pinkie Pie who had a smile like she had been told it was going to be hearth’s warming every day.

“Now then, since you’ve all quieted down I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Ms.Finster and I’ll be your teacher for the school year; now I will not tolerate any sort of tomfoolery or horseplay in my classroom, you are here to learn not to goof off now….”

It was at that moment that Spike started to tune out the mare’s rant, just his luck that he gets a cranky teacher on the first day of school but at least he had his sister right by his side to suffer along with him.

Suddenly he felt a gentle bump on the back of his head, as if something soft had just hit him. When he looked back he saw a small, crumpled ball of paper with the words ‘read me’ written on it was the source of the blow.

The dragon quickly unwrapped the paper and immediately frowned at the message:

‘Is it true that dragons eat ponies?’

Spike looked around the room in attempt to find who had thrown the wad at him and his eyes landed on a small filly with a raspberry coat and a light amber mane with a lily flower tucked into it who was looking at him intensely with a mixture of curiosity and fear.

In retrospect, shooting her a firm glare and using his fire breath to reduce the note to ashes may have not been the best action to take but the dragon was still cheesed off about the class mobbing him moments ago.

The filly immediately let out a fearful squeak and sank down in her desk, cowering behind her desk.

‘Maybe that was a mite marsh.’ Spike thought to himself as the initial irritation wore off ‘ah mean ma an’ pa said Ah’m the only baby dragon fer miles around, most ponies would be cur-‘

“SPIKE!”

The dragon jumped out of his seat as Ms.Finster’s stern voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Care to explain why you felt like burning paper in my classroom?”

Spike’s eyes started darting around sporadically, he couldn’t get in trouble on the first day! Ma and pa would give him an earful if he did, he had to fib and do it fast.

“Well uh… ya see us dragons are cold-blooded which means we need ta burn stuff every now an’ then to keep our body heat up.” Spike stammered out.

Ms.Finster looked out the window at the bright sunny day outside, without a single cloud in the sky, and then back at the dragon with a look that just screamed ‘I am not buying this.’.

One of the many things that Spike had picked up from his adopted parents was a deep seated sense of honesty towards others, unfortunately that also meant that he was an absolutely terrible liar.

“Really? That’s the best you could come up with? In case you’ve forgotten it’s still summertime. Now normally something like this would warrant you being in detention for the next month or so but since it’s the first day of school, I’m willing to cut you a break and let you off with a warning. But if you ever pull a stunt like that again, you are going to be serving detention for the rest of your natural life you understand?”

Spike nodded, visibly shrinking back in fear at his teacher’s authoritarian presence.

“Good. Now then, where was I?” said Ms.Finster as she walked back to her desk.

That was when Spike noticed that a small little note had been taped to the mare’s backside which humorously read: ‘ms.party pooper’. Causing most of the students, Spike and Applejack included, to forcefully hold back their laughter at the sight of it lest they incur their teacher’s wrath.

The initials ‘PP’ signed in pink pen in the bottom right corner of the note gave Spike a fairly good idea of who had placed it there to begin with, he gave the filly a silent look of gratitude before turning his gaze back towards the front.

‘Yes, phase one of my plan to befriend the only dragon in ponyville is complete. The rest shall occur naturally.’ the party filly thought to herself as she started scribbling the rest of her friendship plot out.

************************

“Ah can’t believe ya’ll had to be in ms.finster’s class” said Big Macintosh.

It had been a few hours since the apple siblings had become acquainted with their new teachers, Big Mac was fortunate enough to get the much nicer Ms.Honey as his teacher as opposed to the hag that Spike and Applejack had to deal with, and were now sitting together under an old oak tree during every schoolfoal’s favorite part of the day: recess.

Unlike the rest of the foals who were playing on the playground equipment, the apple siblings had chosen to relax in the shade and talk about their first day; being joined by a rather enthusiastic guest.

“I can’t believe she didn’t notice that note I put on her flank.” said Pinkie Pie, tossing a cupcake back into her throat. “You’d think somepony would have pointed it out to her by now.”

During class, Spike had gone against his better judgement and started to discreetly talk with the pink filly to get to know her better and as it turned out she was actually really nice if a bit overly enthusiastic and they actually had quite a bit in common: they both loved the same type of mischief, they both loved pastries (Spike’s being more centered around apples), and they were both close to their families.

Sure Applejack was still wary of her, given Pinkie Pie’s first impression on the two being less than pleasant, but the farmer filly had started to come around after talking with the party pony a bit.

“Ah’m sorry but what did you say yer name was again?” said the eldest apple sibling.

“The name’s Pinkie Pie, serial prankster, master baker, and all around party pony. I grew up on a rock farm with my three sisters and my birthday is on-”

Big Mac groaned “an’ ah thought ah was a chatterbox.”

Unfortunately for the group, his displeasure went unnoticed as Pinkie Pie told them her entire life story while sparing no details.

For the second time today, Spike tuned out the ramblings of a crazy pony and started ponywatching the playground to survey the rest of his classmates from a distance.

From his field of vision, the dragon could see a colt with a spiky blonde mane talking to what looked like a tiger doll, a filly with an aquamarine coat using crayons to draw this weird monkey creature, a set of twins with miner goggles and helmets digging a massive hole in one corner of the playground in an attempt to get under the surrounding fence even though it’d be easier to climb over it, and a weird cross eyed filly who was smearing a muffin all over her face.

“HEY! GIVE THAT BACK!!!” a shrill voice rang out across the playground, yet failed to garner any attention.

Well apart from a certain dragon who snapped his head in the direction of the shout.

What spike saw was an older colt, around Big Mac’s age, with a light brown mane with frosted tips and a light gold coat who was holding a small hair clip with a diamond attached to it just out of reach of a small filly with a curled indigo mane and a white coat, a set of diamonds on her flank, who was jumping up and trying to get back the hair clip in vain.

“Why don’t you make me cootie breath?” said the colt with a smug smirk, lifting the gem up every time the filly made a reach for it.

For some reason that colt’s behavior irked Spike, so much so that he decided he needed to do something about it.

Seeing that his siblings were still distracted by Pinkie Pie’s ramblings, the baby dragon stood up and walked over to the bully.

“Oh you brute, you ruffian, you big fat meanie!” the filly said, angry tears starting to sprout from her eyes as her face grew red.

“Ooh ouch, you’re so cutting, in fact I think I’m gonna go cry just like you, cry little filly.” said the colt in a mocking tone.

“Hey partner why don’t ya leave her alone?” said Spike coming up from behind.

The colt turned around to face the dragon and immediately frowned like he had just been presented with a rotten apple.

“And why don’t you mind your own business lizard?”


“Oh a lizard am I? Well at least ah’m not the kind of coward who picks on ponies half his size.” Spike said sternly.

The colt narrowed his eyes and jabbed a hoof into the dragon’s chest. “You had better take that back pal.”

“No way. Now you’d better give the filly her hair clip back”

“Or what?” mocked the colt, taking a step forward so he was right in the dragon’s face.

Summoning up the most intimidating glare that he could, Spike looked the colt dead in the eye “Or ah’ll MAKE you give it back.”

The colt weighed his options for a moment, sure he was bigger than the dragon but between the fire breath and claws that could cut through stone he’d probably end up on the losing side if things turned physical; not to mention that a large crowd of foals had started to gather around them and his reputation would take a nosedive if he was to get beaten up in front of everypony. In the end he decided the best course of action was to simply back down and get revenge on the dragon later.

Shoving the clip into the dragon’s chest the colt stormed off “whatever, it’s not like I was gonna keep it anyways.”

Seeing that there wasn’t going to be a fight anymore, the crowd quickly dispersed and went back to doing their own things; save for a trio of fillies, one of whom was the one who threw the note at spike in class, whispering amongst themselves while periodically shooting spike some worried glances.

But the baby dragon ignored them for now and walked over to the unicorn filly and handed back the hair clip.

“Here ya go.” said Spike “are ya okay?

“Um..yes, certainly.” replied the unicorn filly nervously, taking back the clip and placing it in her hair “I must thank you for coming to my aid like that.”

“No problem, what a jerk he was huh?” Spike replied “why was he givin ya a hard time anyhow?”

“Well he said he liked the hair clip that my mother had gotten me and when I wouldn’t give it to him he decided to take it, I think he even ripped a few strands of my mane.”

“Well ah don’t think he’ll be bothering ya anymore today, see ya round.”

But before he could take a single step the filly ran up beside him and took his hand in her hoof.

“Wait, before you go could I have your name?”

“Well ah’m Spike, ah live at Sweet Apple Acres with mah brother Big Macintosh, mah sister Applejack, Granny Smith, and mah ma and pa.” Spike said “what’s yer name?”

“Oh, I-I’m Rarity. It’s lovely to meet you Spike.” Rarity replied, a subtle blush spreading across her face.

“Same to ya. Hey do you want come sit with me and mah siblings? We’d love the company.” offered the baby dragon.

The filly’s face turned red as a tomato as she let out a shy squeak and took off, leaving Spike confused and bewildered.

“Okay then, ah guess not. Oh well, ah’m sure ah’ll see her again soon.” Spike said with a shrug.

When he returned to his spot in the shade, both of his siblings and pinkie pie were staring at him.

“What?”

“Ya know ya just stared down feather bangs right?” said Big Mac

The baby dragon blinked “who?”

“He’s the schoolyard bully, tried to push me around for awhile until ah pushed him back.” explained the older colt. “Nice job knocking him down a few pegs by the way. Should make ya real popular around these parts.”

“Great.” Spike said with a frown “as if ah wasn’t getting enough attention already.”

*********************************

The rest of the day seemed to blow by for the students and soon enough it was time for everypony to go home.

“So can I come over to Sweet Apple Acres and play? Huh? Can I? Can I? Can I?” Pinkie Pie asked Bright Mac and Pear Butter, literally bouncing up and down like a popcorn kernel.

The pair could only give each other a nervous glance and then look back at their kids who replied with nothing more than a weak smile.

“Well if it’s okay with yer parents then ah suppose ya can come over.” said Pear Butter, still off put by this filly’s mannerisms.

“YAY!” Pinkie Pie shouted, confetti exploding forth from seemingly nowhere. “You won’t regret this for as long as you live! See you this weekend!”

The filly promptly turned around and hopped down the street.

Bright Mac then turned to Spike “She seemed alright. How did ya meet her again?”

“Well it all started when I walked into class-”

“And I walked in right behind you” said Pinkie Pie, popping up behind the dragon and startling him.

“Wait what?” Applejack’s head began to dart back and forth between the pink filly and the street she had hopped down “weren’t ya just…”


“I forgot to give you guys my official friendship cupcakes.” said Pinkie Pie as she held up a tray of three vanilla cupcakes with rainbow frosting “and I couldn’t leave without giving you them.”

Pinkie Pie unceremoniously shoved the tray into Applejack’s hooves and merrily trotted off.

“Well that was….that was certainly something wasn’t it?” whispered Pear Butter into her husband’s ear “maybe we should keep an eye on the kids during their playdate.”

Bright Mac nodded in agreement, he couldn’t put his hoof on it but there was something seriously off about that filly.

Meanwhile in a quaint little home across town, a small unicorn filly by the name of Rarity was up in her room, hard at work scribbling away at a piece of paper.

The contents of that paper? Well it was a surprisingly detailed drawing of a green and purple dragon in a fancy tuxedo who was standing next to a white unicorn with a similarly colored wedding dress, holding his hand in her hoof with hearts floating between the two.

Rarity stopped to let a dreamy sigh escape her lips.

“The bridesmaids shall wear lavender.” said the fashionista with a goofy smile.

From the very moment Spike had come to her rescue on the playground, Rarity knew that she had finally found her fairytale prince, far sooner than she had expected.

‘Oh he’s so dreamy, from his emerald green eyes to his strong claws, the way his scales seem to shimmer in the midday light. He’s perfect.’

Now all she had to do was gain his affections, a far more difficult task than she could have ever imagined.

Author's Note:

pinkie pie as the childhood friend? check.
rarity as the main love interest? check.

sorry that this took so long to update, there's just been a lot going on in my life between my father in the hospital and trying to get my college grades up. It's been stressful and I haven't had a lot of time to write, but now that everything's mellowed out I should be able to start updating again. and if the writing quality seems a bit lower than usual, I apologize, it's just been a long time since I've finished a chapter in ANY of my fanfictions so I'm a bit rusty.

next up: APPLEBUCKING.

*edit* Thanks for getting me to the featured page!

Comments ( 61 )

First it was that runaway cart of candy; then a windowsill garden nearly falling directly on top of Spike, followed by a grand piano that narrowly missed him as well; then there was a bunny drive that they had to push their way through; then a pear demon materializing on main street, which Pear Butter and Bright Mac heroically fought off; and lastly, a massive rainstorm coming out of seemingly nowhere.

[Supervillain checklist]
Ensure doomsday device is well maintained.
Feed bloodthirsty dragon.
Oil all machine parts of traps.
Hand out this week’s ‘world domination’ pamphlets to all minions.
Pick up bread, milk, and eggs at the local grocer.

Rarity has a crush on Spike?
As a Sparity shipper, you have all my yes.

9533951
yeah I'm kind of doing a reverse of what the show does.

rarity is going to have a massive crush on spike and he is going to be totally oblivious to it.

9533952
Rarity wasn't 100% oblivious to his crush (I think) but hey, your story so your rules
I look forward to seeing this interaction then!

Well, I have to say, this is a really good alternate universe story thus far. Love the work that went into the exchanges, characterizations and future chapter set-up in all the right places, in ALL of the chapters so far - including this one. I especially liked this version of Spike's first meetings with Pinkie and Rarity as well as the run-in with young Feather Bangs.

I'll very certainly be looking forward to more of this.

to be perfectly honest, I thought that Finster was just an extra you made up, but then you referenced Calvin and Hobbes, so then I racked my childhood, and lo and behold, it was a Recess reference!

My name is Ms.Finster and I’ll be your teacher for the school year; now I will not tolerate any sort of tomfoolery or horseplay in my classroom, you are here to learn not to goof off now….”

... Did you say 'Finster?' :twilightoops: :pinkiegasp: :derpyderp1:

The farmer trio look over towards the source of the noise and was met with the sight of a pair of fillies beating the everloving snot out of each other; one being a earth pony with a light grey coat, a dark grey mane, and a violet treble clef, who was wearing a white t-shirt that said ‘#1 daugher’ on the front and was beating the other filly over the head with a violin; said filly happened to be a unicorn with a white coat, a blue mane and a set of musical notes on her flank, wearing a red bow tie and purple tinted sunglasses who was slamming her hooves into her attackers chest. All the while the foals around them were chanting:

I knew the picture that leads up to this but for the life of me can't find it at the moment.
Also Rarity will be very very thirsty in the future.

So Spike is now friends (kinda) with Pinkie & Rarity is the one, who has a crush on him instead of the other way around?! This was so worth the wait!

.... THIS was great!!! I love that Rarity and Spike are going to end up together.... I hope. I mean when they reach teenage years I see them dating for sure. I see it being so cool. Spike wearing his own hat or something cowboyish... maybe a scarf or something lol and hanging around Rarity. Oh OH she could deven design it for him. I can see them doing the gem hunts and all which will be great for the farm and Rarity. I can even see him helping build her shop when she finally get it. OH OHHH the school dance with Spike and Rarity dancing together so sweet lol. I just love the idea of Rarity having her own country gentledrake to be both her big teddy bear but her strong protector/provider lol. I really can't wait to see this relationship develop since it will be a ton of fun.

I am getting Recess flashbacks after reading Ms. Finster. Good times.

9534256
Oh no, sweet celestia no.

I’m just planning on a small love triangle, one that pinkie pie is NOT a part of.

Rarity crushing on Spike is a rarity and fun to read.

9534135
Yes it is dude thanks

So, who are you setting up as King Bob?:rainbowlaugh:

From his field of vision, the dragon could see a colt with a spiky blonde mane talking to what looked like a tiger doll, a filly with an aquamarine coat using crayons to draw this weird monkey creature, a set of twins with miner goggles and helmets digging a massive hole in one corner of the playground in an attempt to get under the surrounding fence even though it’d be easier to climb over it, and a weird cross eyed filly who was smearing a muffin all over her face.

Let's see,
•The first is quite obviously Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes.
•Not sure about the second one at all.
•The Digger's from Recess, now that's a background character pull that could easily be missed.
•And of course MLP's own Ditzzy Doo, aka Derpy Hooves, aka Muffins.

9534815
the second one is lyra heartstrings, referencing her human obsession

9534819
Ahh, see that totally went over my head.

9534674
Praise the Derp! Praise the Derp! Praise her and her Sunny disposition! :derpytongue2:

TDR

Ooh a reverse interest ship. Nice.

Surprised there wasn’t a representation of Nugget.

9535059
actually I was planning on a certain rainbow haired pegasus we all know and love.

So many awesome references! In fact, I think this is the first FiM fic I've ever read with a Recess one, which, considering how FiM has been crossed with just 'bout everything else, is really saying something!

Although...I'm awfully curious as to how Pinkie Pie is in Ponyville, since she didn't attend Ponyville school or even live near the town as a foal in the show. It's only been a short while since the Rainboom; did she move out already? For that matter, Feather Bangs was the main antagonist/bully that tortured Fluttershy in Cloudsdale, so I'm not quite sure how he made it to Ponyville either.

Again, great premise and addictive storyline. But you could use an editor to check your grammar (I, amongst others, will gladly volunteer my services towards this cause if you wish it).

Great, this just has to be a Sparity fic. I hate Sparity

9535909
Three things:

1. I know I kind of shoehorned pinkie in there, I just really wanted to get her intro down. Originally I was going by the pinkie pride episode where it showed cheese sandwich seeing her perform as a filly which led me to assume she was already traveling, but then I realized that doesn’t explain why she went to school and just went ‘screw it’ and put her in there anyways.

2. This wasn’t the feather bangs from cloudsdale, this was the feather bangs from starlight’s village; the one from the episode ‘hard to say anything’. He could have lived in ponyville prior to coming in contact with Starlight.

3. Thanks for the offer, I’ll give it some consideration!

9536104
not exactly, the sparity element exists as a minor subplot to open doors to new plotlines and gags; the main focus is on the apple family and how spike changed their dynamic.

also she'll be fighting rainbow dash for the dragon's affections so this isn't pure sparity, there's some spikedash too.

9536309
Well that's a relief

Liking your take on Spike growing up as part of the Apple family here! can just imagine him with AJ's country accent:ajsmug:

Never imagined there could be anything more scary than Finster, then you gave us her pony version! :rainbowhuh::rainbowlaugh:

Hoping to see more of this story soon, should be interesting to see this version of Spike meeting up with Twilight later down the road. Especially since he's more or less in the same age bracket as the rest of the main cast. :pinkiehappy:

then a pear demon materializing on main street, which Pear Butter and Bright Mac heroically fought off;

Bright Mac! That's no way to talk about your mother-in-law!

Very nice chapter

9543579
This comment needs many many likes!

9534815
Lyra for the second one... Her crazy human conspiracy theories?

I am liking this story. I can't wait to see how spike Reacts to Applebloom.

9558967
I agree, Start the like train on that Comment.

9536309
I can get behind some Spikedash

9536321
So the answer is "covering your ears and drowning out the question with loud music"? :trollestia:

Also, replying to a post, while not in the same chapter as that post, will not result in a notification that a reply has happened. It is a "feature" of FimFiction that I really, really, really, REALLY hate, but Knighty has ignored it for years, so I suspect that it will never get fixed. :twilightangry2:

9534819
Except that she is in Canterlot at this time. (Or is she moving there later?)


9543579
:rainbowlaugh:

When are you gonna update this.

Oh, wow. A story that was actually inspired by mine? I'm honestly flattered and glad someone continued the idea.

I'll have to actually start reading this later, but I'd like to say thank you for starting this. Here's to actually continuing it! Unlike mine...

This is a real nice feel-good story with how Spike plays off these slightly different versions of the Apples and the bond all of them share. This chapter, in particular, makes you wonder how protective this Spike would be of Applebloom and how he'll meet Fluttershy and Rainbow

I hope this story gets an update soon. I really love it!

Don't give up on the story

I'd be willing to help write another chapter to this, just to see it get updated.

Login or register to comment