• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,769 Views, 453 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 453
 11,769

PreviousChapters
Do Hedgehogs Dream of Magic Sheep?

It's night time in the skies above Ponyville, but it isn't a peaceful night as an explosion suddenly lights up the sky, making a golden streak rocket to the ground.

Letting out a grunt, Super Sonic climbed out of the creater he made before glaring at the one responsible for his crash landing.

"How are you back!?" Super Sonic demanded in an angry tone, "There was no way you could of came back after that blast!"

A sinister laugh could be heard before a voice replied, "Foolish hedgehog, did you really believe a simple blast could eliminate one such as myself?"

"Considering that a being of pure dark magic was blasted by a beam of pure harmonic energy, I would have thought so, Nightmare Moon!" Super Sonic replied in a venomous tone.

Indeed, Nightmare Moon has returned yet again. However, instead of her mane and tail being blueish in color, they, along with her eyes and armor, were purple.

"Humph, while it certainly wasn't a pleasant experience, I did however spare myself from oblivion by keeping a fragment of myself away in the event my initial plan failed." Nightmare Moon explained, "But now that my body had reformed yet again, it's time I finish what I started!"

"Not gonna happen!" Super Sonic exclaimed before charging towards Nightmare Moon.

Before he could reach her however, two beams suddenly struck Super Sonic in the chest, sending him back to the ground. Regaining his senses, Super Sonic glared towards the source of the beams, only to be shocked at what he saw.

It was the Mane Six, only instead of their coats being their usual color, they were darkened to the point that they were almost black. Their manes and tails were lengthened, and were stary like Nightmare Moon's. Their eyes glowed and they each wore their own set of armor that was similar to Nightmare Moon's.

(Art by Orin331 on Deviantart)

"What have you done to them?!" Super Sonic demanded.

"The same thing that will happen to you once I take over your body." Nightmare Moon report in a calm, mocking tone.

"Over my dead body!" Super Sonic exclaimed before rocketing upwards.

Before he could get far however, Nightmare Twilight and Rarity both grabbed him with their magic, holding him in place. This was followed by Nightmare Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, Applejack, and Pinkie rushing towards him, each grabbing an arm or a leg, further holding him in place.

Super Sonic grunted as he tried to free himself, only to find his efforts fruitless.

Nightmare Moon laughted as she slowly made her way towards Super Sonic, who struggled more the closer she got.

"You've reached the end of the line hedgehog." Nightmare Moon said in a mocking tone, "Now, your body is mine!"

Nightmare Moon's body suddenly became a purple cloud with purple stars in it before making contact with Super Sonic's chest, slowly seeping into his body.

Super Sonic grunted as he felt the dark magic force it's way through his body, slowly spreading through him while also taking control.

When the magic spreaded to his head, he closed his eyes and gritted his teeth in a feeble attempt to resist further. But it was all in vain when the magic reached his eyes, which opened to reveal them now sapphire blue while his pupils were cat-like.


Sonic let out a scream as he sat up in bed, taking panicked breaths once he stopped screaming.

Looking around, he saw that he was still in his room with nothing out of place. Glancing down at his body, he saw that it was completely normal, with the exception of his shoes being off.

Stabilizing his breathing, Sonic glanced towards the moon before saying to himself, "Was that just a dream, or a warning?"


The next day, we find Sonic, Spike, and the Mane Six in the Carousel Boutique since it was grooming day for the Mane Six's pets.

However, everyone, with the exception of Spike, was having trouble grooming their pets due to fact that they can't stay awake enough to do so properly.

"So, *yawn* none of you girls were able to sleep either?" Sonic asked in a drowsy tone.

Each of the Mane Six mumbled their own confirmation to Sonic's question.

"I even went to bed early last night." Fluttershy mumbled, "But I had this really scary nightmare, and I couldn't go back to sleep after that."

"Me too!" Sonic and the rest of the Mane Six said in unison.

"B-But, mine wasn't all that scary!" Rainbow Dash said, trying to act tough.

"Well, mine sure was." Twilight said, "There was this purple smoke monster and..."

Twilight stopped mid-sentence when she noticed the rest of the Mane Six looking at her.

"...What?" Twilight asked.

"I dreamt about that smoke monster too!" Rarity exclaimed, with Fluttershy, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack nodding their heads to show they had the same experience.

"While I would say that's one heck of a coincidence, my nightmare says otherwise." Sonic said.

"Why do you say that, Sonic?" Twilight asked.

"Well..." Sonic said before explaining what occurred in his nightmare.

"YOU DREAMT OF NIGHTMARE MOON?!?!" Spike and the Mane Six exclaimed in shock.

"How many times do we have to deal with her!?" Rainbow Dash exclaimed in an annoyed tone.

"I don't know, but I do know who we could ask for help." Sonic said before turning towards Spike, "Hey little bro, mind writing a letter?"

"Sure thing." Spike said before grabbing a parchment and a quill, "Ready when you are."

Sonic cleared his throat and said, "Dear Aunt Luna, last night, Twilight and the girls dreamt of a creature made of purple smoke that gave them nightmares. While that could be considered a coincidence, I however, dreamt of Nightmare Moon. Please reply back as soon as you can. Your dear nephew, Sonic.

Taking that as his cue, Spike finished the letter before rolling up the parchment and blowing fire on it, sending it directly to Princess Luna.

"Now, we wait." Sonic said.

About a second after Sonic said that, the door to Rarity's home was flung open, revealing a distressed looking Princess Luna.

"Who saw the smoke monster!?" Princess Luna exclaimed in a panicked tone before turning towards Sonic, "And you saw Nightmare Moon, dear nephew!?"

"Wow, that was fast." Spike commented.

"The girls did." Sonic said as the gestured towards the Mane Six, "And yeah, I saw her. Any ideas what either of those means?"

"Well, the smoke monster is known as the Tantabus." Princess Luna responded, "It's a creature of my nightmares, and it escaped from my dream last night."

"But how did it get into ours?" Fluttershy asked.

"The Tantabus is like a parasite." Princess Luna explained, "My dreams must no longer be enough for it. Now it seeks others to infect and corrupt. It must have learned of you seven from seeing you in my dream. However, I'm uncertain as to why it appeared as Nightmare Moon for you, dear nephew."

Sonic contemplated that as well before remembering something.

"Wait, Nightmare Moon said something about keeping a fragment of herself away just in case her first plan failed." Sonic said before asking, "Could she have kept that fragment in the dream realm?"

"If what you say is accurate, the fragment could have combined with the Tantabus, using it as a host while also regaining her strength." Princess Luna said in a nervous tone, "The situation has been made much worse. The Tantabus had grown more powerful enough to escape my dreams. It combining with the fragment of Nightmare Moon surly made it even more powerful. If they were to grow powerful enough, they could very well find a way to escape into the real world, turning all of Equestria into a living nightmare!"

Everything gasped in shock at the implication, unable to imagine the chaos that would befall Equestria should it come to pass.

"There's no way we'll let that happen!" Sonic exclaimed, "Come on, we need to- Agh!"

Sonic's speech was interrupted when he suddenly yelled in pain, clutching his head as he fell to his knees.

"SONIC!!" Everyone exclaimed as they rushed towards him.

"Are you alright?!" Princess Luna asked in a worried tone.

"I'm fine." Sonic replied as he slowly stood back up, still clutching his head with one hand (which covered his right eye), "I've been having headaches since last night. It's probably due to my lack of sleep."

"We must not delay." Princess Luna said, "Before night falls, I'll need everything to be set up so we can stop both the Tantabus and Nightmare Moon before they cause more havoc in others dreams and grow more powerful."

After making sure Sonic was okay, everyone made their way out of the Carousel Boutique and began to make their way to the castle. Little did everyone know however was that Sonic's right eye turned cat-like while he was covering it with his hand.


Later that night in the castle, everyone gathered in a large room that had seven beds in it. Six of them were positioned in a circle while the seventh was in the center.

As Sonic and the Mane Six climbed onto the beds, the hedge couldn't help but feel weird as he was the one taking the center bed.

"Do I really need to be in the center?" Sonic asked, "We could have my bed be put in the circle too?"

"If we did that now, the circle would be uneven, and we don't have the time to rearrange them." Twilight replied, "Besides, you were the one who pulled the shortest straw, so that means the center bed is yours."

"I swear, you somehow arranged the straws so that I would get the shortest straw." Sonic mumbled to himself.

"This is kind of exciting!" Pinkie exclaimed happily, "It's like a really big princess sleepover!"

"Speaking of, why don't you ask Princess Celestia for help?" Twilight asked, "Surely, she could help us stop both Nightmare Moon and the Tantabus."

"Unfortunately, there is nothing my sister can do." Princess Luna explained, "She has no power in the realm of sleep. Only I can move from dream to dream. I am afraid nopony can help me tonight."

"Not even us?" Sonic asked.

"Especially you seven." Princess Luna replied, "You have all suffered so much because of me. You need only slumber while I hunt the Tantabus in your dreams."

Suddenly, Princess Luna felt something tugging on her mane. Looking towards the cause, she saw Spike looking up at her.

"I know you said nopony can help, but I'm no pony!" Spike said in a confident tone, "I'm gonna stay up and watch over you guys just in case!"

"Thanks Spike." Twilight said in a thankful tone.

"Well, there's one good thing about not getting any sleep last night at least." Applejack said with a yawn as she got comfortable in her bed, "It shouldn't be hard to fall asleep now."

"Are you kidding!?" Pinkie exclaimed, startling Applejack as she suddenly popped out from under her covers and laid beside her, "This is so exciting, I don't know how I'm ever going to-!"

Almost like someone flipped a switch, Pinkie plopped her head down on Applejack's pillow and began snoring, falling asleep within one second.

Taking that as their cue, Sonic and the rest of the mane went to sleep as well. Mentally preparing themselves for whatever waited for them in their dreams.


Regaining his senses, Sonic found himself at the border of Ponyville. Taking a look around he saw that it was nighttime and the nopony was on the streets.

'This is similar to last night's dream began.' Sonic thought to himself.

Now on high alert, cautiously made his way into town, making sure to turn around every so often to take sure nothing tried to sneak up on him.

Several minutes had passed, and Sonic's nervousness had grown the further he made his way towards the center of Ponyville. As he walked, he noticed that there was no sign of any of the towns residents, not even any lights come from any of the buildings.

'Everything is far too quiet.' Sonic thought to himself, 'Is Nightmare Moon trying to make me paranoid, or is she just not here yet?'

Almost as if responding to his thoughts, something moved in the corner of Sonic's vision. Turning towards it, he didn't have time to react as a black tendril grabbed his right wrist and began to pull him towards an alleyway that he's never seen before.

Acting fast, Sonic planted his feet to the ground and began to to try can stand his ground, but was still was being pulled in slowly. As this was happening, he felt some form of energy forcing it's way into him from the tendril.

Desperately, Sonic formed a chaos spear in his left hand before throwing it into the alleyway. It appeared to have hit the source of the tendril as an eerie scream was heard, loosening it's hold on Sonic.

Noticing this, Sonic pulled his arm free before jumping back, wanting to get far away from the tendril as possible.

However, a lot more tendrils began to snake their way out of the alleyway, making Sonic tense upon seeing them all.

Deciding his best bet was to flee, Sonic turned around and ran as fast as he could. Unfortunately, before Sonic could get far, several tendrils managed to grab him by his legs and chest, making him fall to the ground. They then began to drag him towards the alleyway, all the while forcing more mysterious energy into him. While he wasn't sure what exactly, he felt like he was losing something more and more as the more of the mystery energy was forced his body.

Trying to fight back, Sonic fired chaos spears at the tendrils, but whenever he got rid of one, three more would take it's place, further restraining him along with forcing even more mysterious energy into him.

Beginning to panic, Sonic charged a large amount of chaos energy before releasing it as a chaos blast, destroying the both tendrils and the alleyway while also lighting up the area.

Getting back to his feet, Sonic took some panicked breaths as he looked all around himself, not wanting the dark tendrils to catch him off guard again. Noticing something move in the corner of his vision again, Sonic instinctively threw a chaos spear, earning a yelp from someone.

Looking towards whoever made the yelp, Sonic noticed that it was just Princess Luna, and that he had just barely missed her judging from the scorch mark that was on the building she was standing next too.

"Aunt Luna, I'm so sorry!" Sonic apologized in an uneven tone, "I was attacked by something that tried to drag me into an alleyway while also putting some weird energy into me! The more I fought, the more it restrained me! I couldn't see what it was and just... I couldn't..."

"Calm yourself, dear nephew." Princess Luna said, "I'm here now, no need to panic."

Taking a few more deep breaths, Sonic finally calmed himself before asking, "Seeing how you're here, I assume the Tantabus is here as well?"

"From what you've told me, I would assume so." Princess Luna asked, "The Tantabus has already been to the others' dreams, leaving only you left. However, I haven't seen Nightmare Moon yet."

"That certainly doesn't sound good." Sonic thought aloud, "Maybe it was Nightmare Moon who was-"

Sonic's speech was cut off at the Tantabus suddenly appeared and grabbed the hedgehog before flying off, his head and left arm being the only thing only parts of him free.

"SONIC!!!" Princess Luna yelled as she gave chase.

"Aunt Luna!" Sonic yelled back as he tried to reach out at her as he began to slowly sink into the Tantabus.

Acting quickly, Princess Luna shot a magical tether that grabbed Sonic's wrist before pulling, managing to stop the Tantabus in it's tracks.

But without any warning, the Tantabus suddenly rushed towards Princess Luna and engulfed her as well.


Back in the real world, Sonic and the Mane Six gasped awake in fear, unable to handle their nightmares any longer, severing Princess Luna's connection.

"What happened?" Spike asked as he got off his seat, "Did you stop it?"

"I don't ever want to have that nightmare ever again." Fluttershy muttered in an uneven tone.

"Me either." Rainbow shuddered, curling into the fetal position before rocking back and forth on her bed.

"But Luna caught it, didn't she?" Spike asked.

"I am so sorry, my friends, I failed." Princess Luna apologized, "It will be back to infect your dreams the next time you sleep."

As everyone voiced their concerns, they failed to notice that Sonic slowly got out of his bed before he quietly made his way behind Princess Luna.

"As long as none of you dreamt about another pony, the Tantabus remains confined to your dreams." Princess Luna said, "I still have a chance to catch it before it's too late."

"Foolish Luna, it's already too late." a voice said in a mocking tone.

Turning towards the source of the voice, Princess Luna could only let out a grunt as she felt something hit her in the face, sending her crashing into a nearby wall.

Rushing to the Princess' aid, the Mane Six helped her get back up before turning towards the assailant, only to be shocked to see it was Sonic in what looked to be his dark form.

However, wings made of pure dark energy were on his back, and instead of pure white eyes, they were sapphire blue with cat-like pupils.

Realizing what was happening, glared at Sonic before yelling, "Nightmare Moon! How dare you corrupt my nephew!"

Nightmare Moon laughted before mockingly asking, "What reason would I have to not do so? He is a far more powerful host than you are."

"How were you able to even do this?!" Twilight demanded, "Sonic has already proven to have a strong enough will to resist your magic!"

"While entering his mind was difficult, it doesn't mean I can't gain control of it." Nightmare Moon explained, "I simply stripped his consciousness of it's ability to control his body while taking full control myself. Now, he can only watch as destroy you all and take over Equestria!"

"Not gonna happen!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed angrily before rushing towards Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon simply stepped to the side to dodge before kicking Rainbow Dash, sending her crashing into the beds.

Although she died want to hurt Sonic's body, Princess Luna fired a beam of magic at Nightmare Moon, who countered with a beam of their own with their right hand. Smirking, slowly increased the how of her beam, slowly pushing Luna's back.

"Please Sonic, you have to fight back!" Princess Luna yelled desperately, "It's your body, not Nightmare Moon's! Take back what is yours!"

Nightmare Moon laughted before says in a mocking tone, "I already told you, I have full control now! Your foolish nephew could only helplessly watch as I-"

Nightmare Moon's speech was halted as they suddenly punched themselves in the face with their left hand. Making them loose focus on their beam and allowing Princess Luna to quickly overpower them, sending them back a little.

"What was-?" Nightmare Moon tried to ask before suddenly punching themselves with their left arm again before do so several more times.

Nightmare Moon's was about to hit themselves again before they stopped it with their other arm.

"That's not possible!" Nightmare Moon growled, "You should have no control!"

Realizing what was happening, along with deciding to take advantage of the situation, Twilight, Rarity, and Princess Luna use their magic to grab Nightmare Moon (with the exception of their left arm), and held them in place.

"Come on Sonic, fight to take your body back!" Spike called out, making the others cry out similar pleas.

Hearing their pleas, Dark Sonic grunted as he fought to regain control of his body. While it took a while, signs of his success was becoming evident as the left dark wing disaster along with his right eye became completely white.

"I... can't do anymore... like this!" Dark Sonic grunted, "Need to... finish it in the... dream realm!"

"Then we have no time to lose." Princess Luna said, "If we can find the Tantabus in one of your dreams, I can deal with it while Sonic deals withNightmare Moon."

"Uh, funny story." Pinkie said in a nervous tone, making every look at her, "I may have dreamt that I was eating a giant ice-cream cone with all of Ponyville."

"YOU WHAT!?!?" everyone exclaimed in shock, making Pinkie hang her head in shame.

"HAHAHA, you've made things too easy pink one." Nightmare Moon laughted, "By the time Luna finds the Tantabus, if she manage it now, it'll have grown power enough to escape to reality. By then I will have regained full control of this body, and nothing couldn't stand in our way!"

At this point, Princess Luna began to lose hope. Her nephew was on the verge of losing his body and Equestria was on the verge of became a living nightmare, all because of past mistakes that she's made in the past.

"Is there a way to... Combine all the dreams into... one?" Dark Sonic asked, gaining Princess Luna's attention.

Princess Luna tapped her hoof to her chin in thought for a moment before saying, "...Perhaps. I can create a shared dream everypony can enter. But with a small town like Ponyville? I have never done anything like that, and it will take all my power just to keep the dream held together."

"Well, it is worth a try, isn't it?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course." Princess Luna responded, "I will do anything to end this, including accept your help. I cannot allow the Tantabus to escape into the real world, nor will I allow Nightmare Moon to take Sonic's body. All of you must now go back to sleep and hope that I can create such a dream."

"There's no way I'll go to sleep!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed, "Nor will allow the blue rodents to do so!"

Dark Sonic began to build up dark energy in his left arm.

"Not in... the traditional way!" Dark Sonic exclaimed before punching himself in the face, knocking both himself and Nightmare Moon out cold.

Acting quickly, everyone got back to their beds before quickly going back to sleep. (Sonic was levitated onto his bed while Spike fell asleep on the foot of Twilight's bed)

Concentrating hard, Princess Luna lit up her horn and unleashed several more threads of white aura from the tip of her horn, eight of them snaking down to the Sonic, Spike, and the Mane Six while the rest spread out from the ceiling of the large room, making their way out into all of Ponyville and all the sleeping ponies of within.


lThe andscape of the combined dreams was Ponyville itself at night. Looking around, Spike and the Mane Six saw some of the dreams coming to life from the rest of the town: muffins with wings quacking like ducks, a giant Derp Hooves, Lyra and Bon Bon being combined together by the upper halves of their bodies, Big Mac with a unicorn horn, and much more.

"Princess Luna did it!" Twilight said in an excited tone.

"But where's Princess Luna, Sonic, and Nightmare Moon?" Applejack asked.

"Ponies!" a voice called out.

Turning towards the source, the group along with the townsponies saw Princess Luna inside a translucent sphere, the spirals of her horn still glowing as she struggled to keep her spell in place.

Seeing the Princess of the Night, the townsponies gathered together before bowing.

"There is no time for bowing, my friends!" Luna yelled "There is something coming! Something terrible!"

Princess Luna gasped as she saw the Tantabus in the distance, but far bigger than she thought it would be.

"No... It's already here!" Princess Luna explained as she pointed at it.

Turning to where she was pointing, everyone gasped in shock as they saw the nightmare creature. Before they can dwell on it too much they then heard an explosion above them.

Looking up, everyone saw Hyper Sonic and Nightmare Moon fighting each other, firing beams at each other while occasionally colliding into each other.

"Fighting you is getting really old, Nightmare Moon!" Hyper Sonic yelled as he dodged a beam, "It's time we ended this! Right here! Right now!

"I couldn't agree more!" Nightmare Moon yelled back as she summoned several dark tendrils that rushed towards Sonic.

Knowing what'll happen if they touch him, Hyper Sonic ducked and weaved in the air to avoid the tendrils while destroying any that got too close with chaos spears.

This continued for a moment before Hyper Sonic was blindsided by a beam Nightmare Moon shot at him. It disoriented him long enough for the tendrils to grab him, putting more of Nightmare Moon's influence into him.

Hyper Sonic struggling appeared in vain when a golden streak suddenly tore through the tendrils, freeing the hyper hedgehog while also destroying all the tendrils.

Turning to his savior, Sonic was surprised to see that it was Spike, but his appearance was different. His entire body was lengthened and had a similar structure to Sonic's body. He also appeared to in a super form of his own, as evidenced by the fact that his entire body was golden yellow and that his eyes were now ruby red.

"Spike?!" Hyper Sonic asked in shock, "But, how?"

"We're in a dream, remember?" Spike asked rhetorically, "That means we can do whatever we want!"

"Whatever we want, huh?" Hyper Sonic said to himself before a smirk formed on his face.

Hyper Sonic concentrated for a moment before four flashes formed around him. Looking around himself, his smirk grew wider as he saw four versions of himself, each in their own form. (Dark, Rainbow, Werehog, and Maric)

Nightmare Moon's rage grew upon seeing the additional opposition.

"So what if there's more of you?!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed, "I'll still be able to take over your body once I eliminate you!"

"We'll see about that!" the five Sonics yelled in unison before they and Super Spike charged at Nightmare Moon.

Acting quickly, Nightmare Moon summoned more dark tendrils as she fired several beams at the group, who all dodged except for Dark and Werehog Sonic, who simply tore their way through the tendrils while mostly shrugging off the beams.

Once close enough to Nightmare Moon, the most of the Sonics fired chaos spears, Maric shot fireballs, and Super Spike breathed fire, makes the dark alicorn stop her assault as she was forced to dodge all of the attacks.

Growing a smirk on her face, Nightmare Moon teleported in front of Dark Sonic and fired a beam that looked like the Tantabus into his chest.

The dark hedgehog simply stared at Nightmare Moon for a second before retaliating by spindashing into her, knowing the dark alicorn back.

"What was that suppose to do?" Hyper Sonic asked.

"If I had to guess, I'd say she tried to turn your dark form against us." Super Spike said before explaining, "The Tantabus created monsters to attack everypony in town by corrupting a building along with some flying muffins."

"Then it's a good thing I did much more than just summon other versions me!" Werehog Sonic exclaimed as he flew past, only to stop and then stretch his arms out towards Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon tried to fly out of the way, but Rainbow Sonic knocked her into them, allowing Werehog Sonic to grab her and then drag her towards him, where he held her in place.

Nightmare Moon tried to escape the Werehog's grasp, but found his strength to be too strong. It didn't help that all of the other forms (minus hyper) grabbed on as well. Her struggling briefly stopped when she felt some weird energy being forced into her body, making her eyes go wide when she realized what was happening.

"You've split your consciousness between your clones!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed as she struggled one more, despite to be free.

"Alright, you got her!" Super Spike exclaimed excitedly.

"Now I just gotta force my consciousness into her until I regain full control of my body." Hyper Sonic said with a confident smile.

Suddenly Sonic noticed something moved in the corner of his eye. Turning to face what's it was, he was shocked to see that the Tantabus had suddenly grown much larger, practically big enough to completely cover Ponyville. He also noticed that it also began to change it's shape, being to look like both Princess Luna and Nightmare Moon, all the while cutting a very large hole through reality with it's newly formed horn.

"What in the..." Hyper Sonic said in shock.

Hyper Sonic couldn't dwell on it long as he heard an explosion, wince it pain turned to see that Nightmare Moon managed to free herself.

All of his copies were blasted back before they all (except his dark form copy) disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving only glowing orbs, each a different color. The orbs then rushed towards Hyper Sonic before entering his chest.

"Seems like the Tantabus isn't the only thing that got bigger." Hyper Sonic commented, "Somehow her power got bigger as well."

"If that's the case, why did your dark form copy not disappear?" Super Spike asked.

Turning to see, Hyper Sonic saw that his dark copy was, in fact still there, although it appeared weakened.

Before Hyper Sonic could ponder about it, he, Super Spike, and Dark Sonic had to fly away as Nightmare Moon sent several dark tendrils and beams at them, which were now larger and stronger thanks to the sudden power bost she got.

'When I made the copies, I split different bits of my personality in them.' Hyper Sonic thought to himself as he continued to dodge Nightmare Moon's attacks, 'My hyper form had both my courage and most of my consciousness, Rainbow had my positive emotions, Werehog had my willpower, Maric my creativity and imagination, and dark had all my negative emotions. Nightmare Moon's dark magic probably had a harder time eradicating it because dark magic tends to increase negative emotions. In that case...'

Suddenly, Hyper Sonic and Dark Sonic began to make their way towards each other, but the process was slow due the continued need to dodge Nightmare Moon's attacks.

"Spike, go help the others in stopping the Tantabus!" Hyper Sonic called out.

"What?!" Super Spike exclaimed, "But I can't leave you alone!"

"Have trust in me Spike." Hyper Sonic said.

Although hesitant, Super Spike nodded before charging towards the Tantabus.

After a few more aerial maneuvers, the two Sonics finally managed to reach each other. They quickly clasped their hands together, which caused them to combine. Dark energy began to cover the Hyper Sonic as this happened.

Seeing an opportunity, Nightmare Moon grabbed Sonic with the dark tendrils and continually wrapped more and more around him. Super Spike tried to help, but was stopped as several tendrils grabbed him, preventing him from interfering.

Nightmare Moon laughted before saying in a mocking tone, "Foolish hedgehog. Did you realize fighting was futile and allow yourself to-"

Nightmare Moon's speech was interrupted when the dark tendrils covering Sonic were suddenly blown apart, revealing the hedgehog, but his appearance was different.

He looked similar to his dark super form but his gloves and shoes were black now, and he had a what looked like a barely noticeable white outline around parts of body. He was also surrounded in a large black aura that was so dark, it was almost impossible to see his body.

"Never thought I'd ever have to use this form." Sonic thought aloud before turning towards Nightmare Moon, "If you thought my hyper form was strong, you have no hope against my dark hyper form!"

Growling, Nightmare Moon fired a beam at Dark Hyper Sonic, but he simply slapped the attack away like it was nothing. Seeing how that didn't work, she then summoned more tendrils and attempted to grab the dark hyper hedgehog, but he just made his dark aura even larger, which acted like a barrier that prevented them from making contact with him.

"You had your shot ar me, not it's my turn." Dark Hyper Sonic said before disappearing in a blur.

"Wha-" Nightmare Moon tried to say, but she was suddenly knocked to the side due to a punch she received to the face.

Looking around, Nightmare Moon tried to find Dark Hyper Sonic, but was then assaulted the a series of blows as the dark hyper hedgehog struck her from every direction also simultaneously due to how fast he was moving.

After hitting Nightmare Moon one final time, Dark Hyper Sonic appeared behind the dark alicorn and grabbed her tightly while also his dark aura large enough it surrounded her as well. She tried to escape, but his grip never faltered as he began to force his consciousness into her.

As time passed, Dark Hyper Sonic began to grow more concerned as he noticed that Nightmare Moon's strength continued to grow, making it harder and harder for him to hold her. He also noticed that the Tantabus was still growing and that it was actually starting to making it's way through the rift in reality, despite everyone else's help.

Deciding to help Dark Hyper Sonic spit himself in two. One part with his most consciousness would fight the Tantabus while the rest continued to hold off Nightmare Moon. Before he could charge at the nightmare creature however, noticed his Aunt Luna in a slumped position. Deciding to see if she was fine, he quickly teleported to her, surprising the night princess in the process.

"Sonic, there you are." Princess Luna said, full of relief, "I was wondering where you were."

"I was fighting Nightmare Moon and just managed to get a firm advise over her." Dark Hyper Sonic said, "But for whatever reason, her strength is increasing. It started happening when the Tantabus suddenly grew in size."

Hearing this made frown form on Princess Luna's face.

"Even with our combined might, our foes become stronger." Princess Luna said in a saddened tone, tears forming in her eyes, "Equestria will fall all because of me!"

So as soon as Princess Luna said that, the Tantabus grew larger again. Dark Hyper Sonic also winced as he felt that Nightmare Moon's strength grew as well. But it also allowed him to figure out what was causing the increase.

"Aunt Luna, they're feeding off your guilt!" Dark Hyper Sonic exclaimed.

"If that is true... then, perhaps that's how it grew strong enough to escape in the first place." Princess Luna said, tears going down her fave as tried not to lose her concentration on her spell, "I created the Tantabus to give myself the same nightmare every night when I sleep."

"What!?" Dark Hyper Sonic exclaimed in shock, "Why would you do that!?"

"To punish myself for what I have done as Nightmare Moon." Princess Luna said in a depressed tone, "To always remind me to never forgive myself for how much both you and Equestria has suffered because of me! And now I've only made things worse bringing this fate upon everypony!"

"Aunt Luna, you're the only one who could end this!' Dark Hyper Sonic exclaimed, wincing as he felt his hold on Nightmare Moon being to falter, "You need to forgive yourself!"

"How can I forgive myself?" Princess Luna asked, 'I am no better now than I was as Nightmare Moon! My creation is about to turn the world into a living nightmare, and Nightmare Moon will that much closer to taking over your body!"

"But think about what you're doing!" Dark Hyper Sonic exclaimed, "Nightmare Moon would've wanted the Tantabus to turn Equestria into a nightmare, not you! You're doing everything you can to stop it! You're also doing everything you can to stop her from taking my body! That proves you're not the same pony you were then! Everyone who knows you knows that Nightmare Moon isn't you! Me, Spike, the girls, Mom, everyone trusts you, Aunt Luna! Do you trust us enough to believe we're right?"

Fully taking in her nephew's, smile slowly formed on Princess Luna's face before saying in a calm tone, "I do."

Suddenly the Tantabus was forced out of the rift, a surprised forming on it because it along with the rift began to shrink in size.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" a voice called out in what sounded like agony.

Looking towards the source Dark Hyper Sonic saw that Nightmare Moon's body was slowly fading away while still in his clone's grasp. It then reached a point where all that was left was a small purple orb with stars in it. The clone grabbed the orb with one hand before crushing it, making explode into smoke, finally ending the dark alicorn once and for all.

With it's job done, the clone turned into an orb itself before making it's way towards it's other half, unknowing absorbing the smoke in the process.

Once the orb recombined with him, Dark Hyper Sonic turned back to his normal form, just in time to see the Tantabus be absorbed by Princess Luna.

Princess Luna gave Sonic a warm smile before her magic finally gave out, ending the large dream as everything faded to white.


Back inside the castle, Sonic, Spike, and the Mane Six woke up, the morning waiting for them as the sun shone through the windows.

Sitting up on his bed, Sonic looked around and saw that everyone was awake.

"Aunt Luna did it." Sonic said happily.

"She sure did!" Applejack said, but a confused look formed on her face, "Only... I'm not exactly sure what she did.

"Aunt Luna created the Tantabus to punish herself.' Sonic explained, "The worse she felt, the more power it had! And since Nightmare Moon was connected to it, the same applied to her. But once she finally forgave herself for what she did as Nightmare Moon...

"Poof!" Spike interrupted, understanding where Sonic was going.

Fluttershy suddenly shushed before pointing to the floor. Looking to where she pointing, everyone saw Princess Luna asleep on the floor, a peaceful smile on her face.

Smiling at the sight, Sonic quietly got out of his bed before gesturing to everyone that they should get out of the room.

As quietly as they can, the group made their way out of the room before heading towards the castle's kitchen.

"I don't know about you guys, all that dreaming has made me hungry for some breakfast." Rainbow Dash said.

"After everything we went through the last two nights, I say we should take it easy for today." Twilight said.

"You said it, Twi." Sonic said, "The last two nights certainly were hectic. But with Nightmare Moon finally gone for good, we can all rest easy."

"You can say that again." a voice said.

Freezing in their tracks, the group looked around to find the source of the voice but couldn't see anyone.

"W-Who said that?" Spike asked in a fearful tone.

"Reveal yourself!' Sonic demanded.

Suddenly a shadow detached it's from Sonic's before making it's way in front of the group, catching their attention.

A blob of darkness then began to rise out of the shadow before it began to take shape. The group was surprised when the figure opened it's pure white eyes once it fully took shape, revealing itself to be Dark Sonic, completely separate from Sonic.

The group couldn't but stare wide eyed at the dark hedgehog as he spoke, "It would seem Nightmare Moon's mental tinkering has made it to where I can separate myself from Sonic. With that in mind, I suppose my name should be Dark, Dark the Chaos Hedgehog."

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 11 )

Please tell me Dark is not going to be evil.

11215755
She better.
Me realizing what I just typed in:

uuuuuuh... say what???

Where is Fleetway in all this?

11217014
Oh he'll make an appearance, but not in a way you'll expect

The group couldn't but stare wide eyed at the dark hedgehog as he spoke, "It would seem Nightmare Moon's mental tinkering has made it to where I can separate myself from Sonic. With that in mind, I suppose my name should be Dark, Dark the Chaos Hedgehog."

Getting mephiles vibes, plz tell me it's a mephiles style baddie

Also, Excalibur sonic vs queen umbra in the crystal empire?

YES YOU ARE STILL ALIVE :pinkiehappy:
For a hot minute there I thought you were dead! Good to see you’re still continuing to write this amazing story. Keep up the good work!

Is this dead?

11525024
No, just in hiatus for now.

Hey so how's the next chapter going

Login or register to comment