• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,627 Views, 425 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 425
 11,627

PreviousChapters Next
Power Ponies

It's been a month since Sonic's birthday, and we now find Sonic, Spike, and the mane six cleaning the castle of the Two Sisters (or more accurately, Sonic and the mane six cleaning, with Spike being told that they didn't need his help).

"Isn't there anything I can help you guys with?" Spike asked, desperate to do something.

"No need to feel down Spike." Twilight said, "Why don't you go and finish your comic? Weren't you at the part where Hum Drum was about to stop the villain?"

"Hum Drum never stops the villain." Spike said in an upset tone, "He's just there for comic relief."

After saying that, Spike began to walk off, but since he wasn't paying attention, he ended up getting his foot stuck in a bucket.

Seeing how upset Spike was, Sonic asked Twilight, "Hey Twilight, is it okay that go with Spike?" He then leaned towards her before whispering, "I don't want him to feel any more left out than he currently does, and I'm sure having me as a reading partner might cheer him up."

After thinking about it for a moment, Twilight replied, "Go ahead Sonic, I'm sure Spike would appreciate your company."

"Thanks Twilight." Sonic said before helping Spike get the bucket off his foot, "Come on Spike, let's find somewhere quiet so that we can read your comic."

"But don't the girls need your help?" Spike asked.

"Don't worry, Twilight said that they can manage without me." Sonic replied before adding, "Plus, I can't stand seeing my little brother being so glum when there's something I can do to fix it."

"Thanks Sonic." Spike said before hugging the hedgehog.

"No problem." Sonic said before he and Spike separated from their hug, and proceeded to make their way out of the room.


Some time later in the castle's secret library room, we find the duo putting their full attention to the comic (they decided to start reading from the beginning since Sonic hasn't read it yet).

"Ugh, what a surprise!" Spike said sarcasticly, "Hum Drum got in the way again while the Power Ponies did all the work!"

"Calm down Spike, I'm sure things could end up differently this time." Sonic said as he turned the page, only to find all the pages after that were blank, "What the!?"

"Wait what!?!" Spike exclaimed, "There's no way that could be the end!"

A bit upset that Spike may have been ripped-off, Sonic turned back to the first page, but before he could close the comic, he noticed something in very small text was written on the corner of the page.

"What's this?" Sonic asked aloud before squinting his eyes to see what it was, "...It's too small to read whatever it says on there."

"Hold on, I'm pretty sure I saw magnifying glass the last time we were here." Spike said before walking off.

"Sonic, Spike, where'd you both run off to!?" Twilight called out.

"We're here in the library!" Sonic called back, exiting the library as he did so.

While Sonic wasn't looking, Spike came back with the magnifying glass and held the tool against the writing before reading it out loud.

You can return to the place you started once both villains are defeated. Take a closer look to join the adventure in this book.

After reading the odd text, light began to form within the pages, making Spike back away in fear.

"Uh oh." Spike said nervously, "What did I do?"

Immediately after spotting the sudden burst of light that came from the room, Sonic and the mane six rushed in wondering what was happening.

"Spike?" Sonic called as they came in.

Spike let out a scream as the book began to suck him in. He was unable to escape as its force was too strong to break away from.

"Spike!" Sonic and Twilight exclaimed before leaping forward and grabbing him by the legs, struggling to pull him out.

"W-What the hay is happening!?" Twilight exclaimed.

The duo then let out a yelp as the book began to suck them up as well, prompting the rest of the group (sans Pinkie) to grab them and try to pull them out. But no matter how hard they pulled, the book was too strong and ended up swallowing them all.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Pinkie exclaimed as she bounced over to the book and jumped in. "Wheeeee!"


Spike groaned as he began to regain consciousness (since he blacked out when he was sucked into the book). When he managed to stand up, he found himself on the roof of a tall building, looking around to see he was now in a city. He walked over to the edge and looked down, seeing bright lights shining around the landscape in the night sky."

"Is this... Maretropolis!?" Spike asked in complete shock.

Spike then proceeded to look at himself and found that he wore a simple red cape, a black mask, blue gloves and blue boots.

"Am I, Hum Drum?" Spike asked himself, with a small hint of disappointment in his voice.

Before he could do anything else, Spike heard some groans come from behind himself, prompting him to turn around.

When he turned around, Spike's jaw dropped to the ground.

"No way!" Spike said in shock.

In front of him were Sonic and the mane six, but they had slightly different appearances (not so slight in Sonic's case), while each wearing different costumes.

Twilight wore a lavender full body suit with a small blue cape, silver boots on her hooves, a pair of protective goggles over her eyes that were over a mask similar in color to her suit, and her horn was covered under a blue plastic similar in color to her cape that was attached to her mask.

(Ignore Spike)

Pinkie's mane and tail were shorter and more swept back. She wore a white full body jumpsuit with purple arrows zigzagging all over the outfit.

Rainbow wore a dark blue outfit. The hooves were white with a yellow lightning bolt pinned above her suit's fetlocks. Her mane sticking up over the headgear she had on, and had a lightning bolt pendant around her neck.

Rarity wore a blue outfit with blue diamonds all over. Her mane was styled differently as her hair and tail had purple diamonds in them. She wore pair of purple diamond bracelets on her forehooves, and a blue mask over her eyes.

Applejack wore a red and black jumpsuit. The mask showed her eyes and muzzle, with the back of her mane and tail tied in green wrappings, and she carried a black saddle that held golden horseshoes and a golden lasso.

Fluttershy had a green outfit with a short purple scarf around her neck, a flower brooch, and bracelets with butterflies on her forehooves. She also wore a purple mask, and her mane and tail were swept back.

"Holy new personas, ponies!" Spike exclaimed, "You're the... Masked Matter-Horn! Fili-Second! Zapp! R-Radiance! Mistress Mare-velous! Saddle Rager! You're the... Power Ponies!"

"Guys, is that you!?" A voice called out.

Turning towards the voice, the group saw a familiar figure a few building away, but it was hard to say how it looked exactly.

"Sonic!" Spike called, "Get over here! You've got to see this!"

"One my way!" Sonic called back before zipping across the buildings to reach the group.

When Sonic arrived, the girls were surprised at his current appearance while Spike was awestruck.

Sonic wore a red jacket, blue overalls, a red hat that had a white circle on the front with a red 'M' in it, black gloves, and his shoes were practically the same only they had a black band on top with gold on the sides and the bottom of the shoes were black. His quills were longer along with his ears, and his muzzle was black and resembled a mustache.

"Holy guacamole!" Spike exclaimed, "Sonic! You're Maric the Hedgehog!"

"I saw that, along with you guys being the Power Ponies." Sonic said, "And while it's unexpected that we've transformed into comic book heros, it's also pretty awesome!"

"'Maric the Hedgehog'?" Twilight asked.

"He's the Power Ponies' newest member." Spike said, "He was originally a lone wolf who was able to take on multiple villains on his own. When he arrived to Maretropolis, he met the Power Ponies and after teaming up with them to stop his arch-enemy, he found that working in a team is much better than working alone. Also his power is that he can pull out special items out of his jacket that give him all sorts of abilities, but it's completely random, so he never really knows what he'll get until he pulls it out."

"While I'd like to try it out myself now, what I want to know is how exactly did we end up here?" Sonic asked.

"I actually don't know what happened." Spike responded, "I read the small inscription that we found on the first page of the comic. It must have been a spell I accidentally triggered. I think the only way to get out is to beat two villains."

"Two Villains?" Sonic asked, "There was that we saw in the comic. That exact villain being -"

Sonic was interrupted when he and the group heard an explosion beneath them.

"Wait, the museum of Maretropolis is around here." Spike said before he and Sonic rushed to the edge of the building, prompting the girls to follow.

Upon looking down, the group saw that below them was the museum with a large hole that had been embedded in the wall as it was broken through by some kind of explosion.

Stepping out of the smoke from green tentacles made out of hair was a purple mare wearing dark purple outfit. The collar and braces over her black boots were gold. Her green mane carried her out as she was able to will it to do anything. In her wild and animated hair, she stole an orb that sparked with electricity.

"Oh no, it's the Mane-iac!" Spike exclaimed.

"And she stole the electro-orb!" Sonic added.

The Mane-iac cackled maniacally before looking and spotting her arch-enemies on top of the building. Stallions with fashionable hairstyles exited the hole in the building, clearly being her henchponies.

"If it isn't the Power Ponies!" Mane-iac cackled, "So glad of you to join us!"

While the mane six were confused, Sonic and Spike glared at Mane-iac.

"Drop the electro-orb, Mane-iac!" Sonic called out, "Or prepare to have your flank kicked!"

"I'd like to see you try!" Mane-iac challenged.

"You asked for it!" Sonic exclaimed before thinking to himself, 'I hope this works!'

Sonic then reached into his jacket and after feeling around for a moment, he pulled out an odd looking flower.

The flower itself had a green stem with two green leaves while the "head" had a white center with what appeared to be eyes. Outside the white area was a yellow ring that had a red ring around it.

'Sweet, a fire flower!' Sonic thought to himself.

The fire flower suddenly vanished from Sonic's hand, but when that happened, his jacket and hat turned white while his overalls (And himself) turned red.

"Get ready for some fire-power, Mane-iac!" Sonic exclaimed as he jumped off the building, landing in front of the villain and her henchponies.

"I'm not ready, but I know someone who is!" Mane-iac said before she suddenly jumped into the air.

As Sonic watched Mane-iac, he failed to notice a purple fireball that was charging towards him.

"Look out!" Spike called out.

But it was too late as the fireball hit Sonic, exploding upon contact and knocking the hedgehog back.

When Sonic landed, his colors reverted back to normal.

"What the heck was that!?" Sonic asked aloud.

After saying that, a Sinister Laugh was heard.

"What's wrong Maric?" A deep voice asked, "Did you forget about me?"

Looking at the smoke that was created by the explosion, Sonic saw a large, bulky figure approach him, making the group shake every time it took a step.

After thinking about it for a moment, Sonic realized who was in front of him.

"Heh, it's been awhile since I last saw you." Sonic said as he got back up.

When the smoke cleared, the figure was revealed to be a giant turtle that stood on two legs.

The turtle was blue with a pale underbelly and a pale snout. He had a black spiked fin on the top of his head. He also had white claws and white spikes on his shell and his tail. He wore black bands on his wrists and around his head. And his eyes were completely red.

'Who's that?' Twilight whispered to Spike.

'That's Dark Koopa!' Spike whispered back in response, "He's Maric's arch-enemy! While his backstory is a complete mystery, what is known about him is that he's a powerful magic user and that he likes to use his bulk to beat up his enemies along with burning them alive with is fire breath.'

"I see you brought your friends with you, Maric." Dark Koopa said, "But whatever happened to you being a lone wolf?"

"I found out that it's better to work in a team than to work alone." Sonic responded, "Speaking of team, I see you and Mane-iac decided to team up."

"We made a deal that once she finished using the electro-orb, I would be able to use it for whatever I want." Dark Koopa said, "And I want to use the electro-orb's power to get my revenge against you for foiling all my plans!"

Immediately after saying that, Dark Koopa charged towards Sonic and tried to smash him into the ground with a punch.

Obviously not wanting to be hit, Sonic jumped into the air, high enough so that he landed next to Spike and the girls.

"Well it's not my fault you began your plans for world domination when I was around!" Sonic taunted.

Enraged, Dark Koopa responded by blasting a fireball at the group.

"Incoming!" Pinkie exclaimed before she and the group scrambled to avoid getting hit.

While they did manage to get far enough away to avoid the fireball when it exploded, the group was caught off guard when Dark Koopa jumped up the building before landing in front of them.

"How could someone as big as him jump so high!?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Worry about that later!" Sonic exclaimed, "You guys stop Mane-iac with your lowers, I'll take care of Dark Koopa!"

"What can we do!?" Twilight asked, before noticing Pinkie zipping around the same speeds Sonic could reach, "...aside from Pinkie having super speed?"

"The Masked Matter-Horn can shoot powerful beams from her horn, including elements like ice." Spike responded, "Zapp can summon powerful weather with the lightning bolt pendant around her neck. Radiance can create magical constructs with the bracelets on her forehooves and make whatever she thinks of. Mistress Mare-velous can use her hoofarangs to subdue her opponents and move her lasso by her will. And Saddle Rager turns into a monstrous behemoth when she gets angry!"

With Spike's brief description on their powers, the girls nodded, though Fluttershy didn't like the idea of getting angry.

"Oh my." Fluttershy timidly uttered. "I-I don't think I can get angry."

"Come on, Power Ponies, let's go!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed before she leapt off the building, grabbing the bolt around her neck with her teeth to call in a powerful lightning storm.

Unfortunately, since Rainbow Dash had no idea on how to use her new power, she instead caused a massive tornado to swirl above her. The winds suddenly caught the rest of the mares and Spike.

"Guys!" Sonic exclaimed, about to go to his friends aid, only to be stopped when Dark Koopa jumped in front of him.

"I'm not done with you yet!" Dark Koopa exclaimed, "Me and my minions have been waiting for this moment for months now!"

With that said, Dark Koopa snapped his fingers, causing several creatures to appear from dark voids.

One of the creatures were turtles around Sonic's size that were blue like Dark Koopa and had similar eyes, but they wore helmets and boots and didn't have spikes on their shell.

(Imagine them as the same colors as Dark Bowser, along with the same eyes, but no hammer)

The next creatures were living bombs with blue feet and also had eyes similar to Dark Koopa's.

(Again, Dark Bowser eyes, but now, blue legs)

And the final creature being living mushrooms with fangs on the edges of their mouths and eyes similar to Dark Koopa's.

(Yet again, Dark Bowser eyes and colors)

'Shadow Bros, Shadow Bombs, and Shadoombas, huh?' Sonic thought to himself, 'This should be easy since, except for the Shadow Bros, those are some of Dark Koopa's most basic minions.'

Reaching into his jacket again, Sonic pulled out another flower that was similar to the fire flower he pulled out before, only this flower was blue instead of red.

'This ice flower will definitely do!' Sonic thought to himself before activating it's power.

Upon doing so, Sonic's suit to the same colors as he did when he used the fire flower, but instead of white, his hat, and jacket (And himself) turned cyan.

"Bring it on!" Sonic exclaimed.

Immediately after Sonic said that, Dark Koopa's minions charged towards him.

A Shadoombas had managed to reach him first and attempted to ram him, but Sonic simply jumped onto it's head, flattening and making it disappear in a puff of purple smoke, signaling that it's been defeated.

Looking ahead, Sonic noticed the fuses of the Shadow Bombs had lit when they got close to him.

'No way I can take several explosions without being knocked out.' Sonic thought to himself, 'So I guess its time for these guys to, chill out! ...Wow that was bad, even for me!'

After shaking the thought out of his head, Sonic held out his hand towards the Shadow Bombs and after a moment, balls of ice began to shoot out of his hands.

Upon seeing this, the Shadow Bombs tried to stop themselves front making contact with the iceballs, but with how sudden it was, it was inevitable and they wound up trapped inside blocks of ice.

With the Shadow Bombs frozen, Sonic charged towards them before kicking them towards the Shadow Bros and Shadoombas.

While some of the Shadow Bros were able to dodge, the rest of them (along with all the Shadoombas) were hit by the frozen Shadow Bombs (which shattered the blocks when they made contact), resulting in both Shadow Bro/Shadoombas and Shadow Bomb to be defeated.

For the Shadow Bros that remained, they retaliated by throwing hammers, boomerangs, fireballs, iceballs, and bombs at Sonic.

Not wanting to be hit by any of the projectiles, Sonic ran around the Shadow Bros before getting an idea.

'I doubt these guys will be around for long when I use a ice circle!' Sonic thought to himself before running circles around the Shadow Bros.

After running for a moment, Sonic stopped before extending his hand towards the Shadow Bros, causing a large block of ice to form around them.

Unfortunately, when the ice extended, it ended up striking Sonic hard, causing him to be knocked back along with him losing his ice abilities.

'Okay, that definitely looked easier to do than actually doing it.' Sonic thought to himself.

"What happened, Maric?" Dark Koopa taunted, "Did you lose your touch?"

"It was just one screw up Dark Koopa!" Sonic exclaimed, "It'll take more than that for me to be out for the count!"

After saying that, Sonic reached into his jacket and pulled out another fire flower.

Before he could use it however, Dark Koopa said, "I wouldn't use that if I were you."

"And why wouldn't I?" Sonic asked.

"Oh no good reason, except if you don't want your friends to be roasted!" Dark Koopa said before turning towards Spike and the mane six (Applejack being tied to a lamppost while the others were still trapped in the tornado Rainbow Dash made).

"Now I'm going to give you a choice, either surrender now..." Dark Koopa said before fire formed in his mouth, "Or have your friends become BBQ! Remember that my flames can turn wind into flames almost immediately, and that tornado definitely has a lot of wind!"

Sonic growled at Dark Koopa, although he wanted to fight him, he didn't want to risk his friends safety.

After a moment, Sonic let out a irritated sigh before putting the fire flower away in his quills.

"Good boy." Dark Koopa said as he approached Sonic, "But that doesn't mean I'm finished here!"

With that said pulled his fist back before throwing it in Sonic's face, making the hedgehog's vision go black by doing so.


An unknown amount of time later, Sonic groaned as he began to regain consciousness, but he found that he couldn't move his arms and legs.

Opening his eyes, he found that he was tied onto a table with his arms and legs strapped down by chains.

Looking around, he saw that he was also inside a cage with the mane six (who were all immobilized while in odd positions).

"Girls?" Sonic said in confusion, "What's going on? And why are you all stuck in those weird positions?"

"When we managed to break free from the tornado, we found that you along with Mane-iac and Dark Koopa were gone. Figuring that you may have been captured, we went to rescue you and found that Mane-iac's hideout was an old shampoo factory and that you were being held there. But when we got there, Mane-iac caught us off guard by spraying us with something she called 'The Hair Spray Ray of Doom' with froze us in place. After that, we were brought inside and, I'm sure you can guess the rest."

"Wait a minute, where's Spi- I mean Hum Drum?" Sonic asked.

"Mane-iac left him alone since she figured he isn't a threat." Twilight responded, "But what I want to know is why don't you use chaos control to teleport us out of here?!"

"I can't!" Sonic said before whispering, "This world changed my abilities. While I still have my speed, my chaos abilities are gone. So there's nothing we could do right now to free ourselves."

"Great." Twilight grumbled.

"You ponies aren't all that smart, thinking you could come to my lair and catch us by surprise and rescue your teammate." Mane-iac taunted from atop of some kind of cannon, "But thanks to Dark Koopa, my plans can now come to fruition. And with the Electro-Orb in place, this device will enhance the power of my mane by a million times, releasing a blast of energy that will cause everypony's mane in Maretropolis to grow wild!"

The Mane-iac cackled after her little monologue, but the heros found that scheme a little ridiculous, even Dark Koopa stared at her with a confused expression.

"...That's it?" Dark Koopa asked, "THAT'S what your big plan is to destroy this city!? Grow everypony's hair out of control!?" What kind of diabolical plan is that!? Even I could think different ways that are much better than that, and I'm not that big when it comes to thinking up plans!"

"Well, I don't plan on destroying the city!" Mane-iac argued as she looked down at Dark Koopa from her seat on her cannon, "What will I take over if everything in Maretropolis is destroyed!?"

"You can always rebuild it and rule over the other ponies. That's what I planned to do to the world hadn't Maric got in my way!" Dark Koopa said, "Had I known you'd do something so ridiculous as a diabolical plan, I wouldn't of helped you an would of taken the electro-orb myself!"

"The point is that we have the Power Ponies held hostage, and the world is ours once Maretropolis is under our control!" Mane-iac argued.

"Ours!?!" Dark Koopa asked with anger in his voice, "I only said that I would help you retrieve the electro-orb and complete your plan. I didn't say our partnership would continue from there!"

While the two villains continued with their argument, Spike had appeared out of nowhere and (using a large red cloth that was attached to a chain) trapped some of the Mane-iac's henchponies before hoisting them up without anyone noticing.

With that done, Spike then began to push a crate that was attached to the chain that help the cloth.

Once Spike managed to get the crate to edge of the second floor, he shoved it off sending the hook flying across the factory and scooping up a majority of Mane-iac's henchponies up in the cloth..

The sudden trap surprised the two villains as the baby dragon swung across the walkway, kicking the stallion manning the giant aerosol can off his perch. He flailed as he fell and knocked it over, spraying his own team with the spray, freezing them in place instead.

"Way to go, Hum Drum!" Sonic cheered as the mane six began to unfreeze.

Growling at what happened, Dark Koopa snapped his fingers, causing more of his minions to appear.

While most of them were Shadoombas, Shadow Bombs, and Shadow Bros, there was one minion that appeared to be a smaller version of Dark Koopa, only it had larger arms and fists and had fangs on the edges of it's mouth.

(Yet again, Dark Bowser color and eyes)

"A Doom Doom!" Spike exclaimed.

"Get them!" Dark Koopa ordered as he pointed to the heros.

"Come on girls, let's do this!" Twilight exclaimed as she and the mane six bursted out of the cage.

"Uh guys, mind giving me a hand?" Sonic asked, still tied to the table.

"Oops, sorry." Twilight apologized before shooting a beam at the chains that held Sonic down.

Once free, Sonic jumped out of the cage and reached into his jacket, before pulling out a blue turtle shell.

'This should be interesting.' Sonic thought to himself before the blue shell formed around his body, leaving only his head, arms, legs, and tail exposed.

When the others saw this, Rainbow Dash asked, "How is a turtle shell supposed beat up villains?"

"Like this!" Sonic exclaimed before charging towards Dark Koopa's minions.

After gaining enough speed, Sonic tucked his limbs inside the shell when he came in contact of a Shadoomba, he ricochet off it (along with defeating it) before doing the same with most of the minions, from a distance it looked like a life-sized pinball machine.

Not wanting to be left out, Spike and the mane six charged in as well and began taking out any minions that Sonic missed

After the group took out most of Dark Koopa's minions, Sonic charged towards the Doom Doom but before he could hit it, it began to spin like a top before charging towards him.

When they collided, Sonic was knocked back and ended up crashing against a wall.

Although the shell protected him from any damage, it disappeared due to the crash having enough force to pop him out of it.

"I forgot how strong Doom Dooms are." Sonic said as he got back up.

"If that's the case, then have some more!" Dark Koopa exclaimed before snapping his fingers, causing more Doom Dooms to appear.

"Not good!" Spike exclaimed as the Doom Dooms began to close in on him and the mane six.

Seeing this, Sonic reaching into his jacket while saying to himself, "Hopefully I can get something that could help deal with all of these Doom Dooms."

After feeling something and pulling it out, he was glad to see at what he saw in his hand.

It was a large mushroom that was yellow with red spots and had black eyes on it's stem.

"Gain way!" Sonic exclaimed to Spike and the mane six began absorbing the mushrooms power, "Mega Mushroom alert!"

"'Mega Mushroom?'" Twilight asked Spike.

Before Spike could respond, everyone watched in shock as Sonic had grown six times his original size.

"...That's why it's called a Mega Mushroom." Spike said.

Using his enhanced size, Sonic charged towards the Doom Dooms and began to punch, kick, and stomp on them until they were all defeated.

Seeing that all of his minions were now defeated, Dark Koopa growled.

"Do I have to do everything myself!?" Dark Koopa asked himself before jumping towards Sonic and punching him in the face, forcing the giant hedgehog to stagger back.

"Luck shot!" Sonic said to Dark Koopa before noticing that he was glowing green, "Aww come on! I was looking forward to flattening Dark Koopa!"

Immediately after he said that, Sonic had shrunk back to his normal size.

"It's time we finished this!" Dark Koopa exclaimed before shooting a stream of flames towards Sonic.

While jumping out of the way, Sonic reached into his jacket and when felt something, he was surprised (and extremely happy) when he saw that he had a yellow star with black eyes in his hand.

"I am so lucky right now!" Sonic said to himself before crushing the star in his hand, causing his body to glow in rainbow colors.

Seeing Sonic in his current state made Dark Koopa nervous.

"Now hold on Maric, let's talk about this!" Dark Koopa said nervously.

"Nope!" Sonic simply said before charging towards Dark Koopa.

Upon reaching Dark Koopa, Sonic hit him with a flurry of punches, kicks and homing attacks before finishing him with a solid punch to the face, making the giant turtle collapse to the ground.

Acting quickly, Sonic then grabbed Dark Koopa by his tail before he began to swing him in a circle.

After gaining enough momentum, Sonic let go of Dark Koopa's tail, sending the giant turtle through the factory's roof and out of the city.

"I'LL BE BACK!!!!!!!" Dark Koopa yelled before disappearing from sight.

"And we'll be ready to kick your butt when you do." Sonic said as his body stopped glowing, "But in the meantime, we still have one more villain to deal with."

"Don't think I'll be defeated so easily!" Mane-iac exclaimed from atop her cannon, "You'll all be powerless once I hit you with my cannon!"

It was at that moment when a firefly flew up to Mane-iac's face, prompting the villain to try to swat it away with one of her tendrils.

"Stupid bugs." Mane-iac said as she managed to hit the firefly, sending the poor bug flying across the factory.

The firefly managed to hit Fluttershy and fell to the ground, causing the pegasus to gasp in horror as she saw the insect's light was weak, but it was thankfully still ok.

'Oh boy, she Mane-iac just got herself a death sentence.' Sonic thought to himself as he watched Fluttershy.

"Are. You. Kidding me!?" Fluttershy screamed angrily, "I know you're evil and all, but you hurt a tiny little firefly!? REALLY!? Well you're just a great, big, meanie!

It was at that point Fluttershy began to grow in size while becoming much more bulkier as she continued screaming, "There! I said it! What makes you think you're so special?! Like the rules of common courtesy don't apply to you?! Why don't you pick on somepony your own size?!"

Now fully transformed into a raging behemoth of a pegasus, Fluttershy let out a roar that shocked everyone present in the room (except Sonic and Spike, the former thinking to himself how much Mane-iac just screwed herself while the latter grinned in excitement).

"And here comes Saddle Rager." Spike said.

Realizing how much of a threat Fluttershy was now, Mane-iac charged her cannon at full power and aimed it straight at Fluttershy. She fired and it hit her mark, but the enraged mare smacked the beam back with her hoof, sending it right back at the Mane-iac and hitting her instead.

Mane-iac screamed out as her hair began to betray her, tightly wrapping itself around her in like a cocoon. She then fell out of her seat and crashed into the ground, knocking herself unconscious in the process.

Fluttershy the leaped onto Mane-iac's cannon she began to break the menacing hair cannon apart. The metal of the device being torn to shreds until it was nothing but scrap metal. Luckily, the Electro-Orb remained unharmed as it was squeezed out before Fluttershy got down to the base of it.

After the machine was destroyed, Fluttershy calmed down enough to see the carnage she wrought, causing her to timidly tap her hooves together while having a nervous grin on her face.

"Well once again, the way was saved by-" Spike began to say before he and the rest of the group were blinded by a bright light, while also suddenly feeling like they were being sucked out of the factory.


The comic book glowed inside of the secret room of the library in the ruins of the old castle. A moment later, the enchanted comic shot everyone out of the world of Maretropolis, sending them all crashing to the floor in a heaping pile.

"Not exactly how I would of preferred to be transported back to our world." Sonic grumbled as he and the group got back up.

After getting up, Spike quickly ran to his comic and began to flip the pages, finding the once blank pages were now filled in with comic strips that showed the scenes that they all had been in. The beginning scenes and finale were seen as well, showing what parts that didn't happen as they played the parts of their characters.

Spike flipped through the pages some more, seeing no blank spaces, or the enchantment spell that brought them into it.

"That was awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed, "Let's do that again!"

"How about no?" Twilight said, "I think we've had enough adventure for quite the while that's to that comic book."

"Hey, anypony want a cupcake!?" Pinkie asked as she held a tray of cupcakes she snagged from Maretropolis.

"How did you get those?" Twilight asked.

"I had half a second before we left, and the bakery wasn't too far from the factory!" Pinkie replied before she popped a colorful cupcake in her mouth and chewed noisily, "Mmmm! Comically tasty!"

"Say, Spike." Sonic said, "Where exactly did you get that comic?"

"I got it in Canterlot at the House of Enchanted Comics." Spike responded, causing everyone to stare at him, completely baffled at his choice of buying a comic from a magic shop that sold them with enchantments that drag anyone inside it, "Well, I didn't know it meant they were literally enchanted! I thought it just meant, like, the comics they sold there had really enchanting storylines!"

Hearing Spike's explanation caused the mane six to groan in annoyance, while Sonic chuckled.

"Next time Spike, just by comics from a normal comic book store." Sonic said before giving Spike a light noogie.

Spike let out a small laugh before saying, "Okay."

With that said Spike grabbed his comic before he and the group began to make their way back to ponyville to get some rest (since they were trapped in a comic book all day).

As they were leaving the Castle of the Two Sisters, Sonic felt that something was in between his quills, and when he reached into them to see what it was, he was surprised to see that it was a fire flower.

'What the!? What's this doing in my-' Sonic thought to himself before suddenly remembering that he put it inside his quills when Dark Koopa forces him to surrender, 'Oh yeah, now I remember. Huh, I guess that I'm lucky for being able to take this back to our world. With that in mind, I should probably save it for an emergency, never know when I might need fire abilities.'

With that in mind, Sonic saw that the others didn't notice him with the fire flower and took the opportunity to put it back inside his quills. He knew that Twilight would definitely want to study it to see how it could give someone fire abilities, and he would more than likely won't get it back if that happened.

'I think this is a surprise that the girls don't need to know about.' Sonic thought to himself, happy that he now has a possible ace up his sleeve in case he, or anyone else, could use of they're in trouble.

Author's Note:

For those of you who are confused about Maric, I "introduced" him back in the Brother's Day chapter. Also if you guys want, I could make a chapter explaining what happened that lead to Maric becoming part of the Power Ponies if you guys want.

PreviousChapters Next