• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,740 Views, 425 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 425
 11,740

PreviousChapters Next
Showdown at the Fall Formal

Although it was quite the effort, the group managed to clean the gym up and redecorate it again (without Sonic using his speed).

As they cleaned, other students took notice and began to help, shortening the time it would of took the group to clean it up themselves.

Once the gym was damage-free, Princapal Celestia announed that the Fall Formal was now rescheduled back to that night.

With the Fall Formal back on schedule, the group made their way back to Carousel Boutique to get some clothes for the night.

Later that night at the Fall Formal, we see the group making their way into the gym in the clothes they choose earlier.

Applejack wore a blue dress with red apples circling around the skirt, a white ascot around her neck, formal cowgirl boots, and a red rose pinned to her stetson. Rarity wore a shimmering blue dress and a pair of white boots with a blue diamond clipped at the front near the top of the footwear. Rainbow Dash wore a simple dress, the upper half was rainbow striped while the skirt was blue with a red trim, a purple sash that had a gold cloud and lightning bolt set on the sash, and a pair of red boots with wings on the sides. Fluttershy wore a light blue and yellow dress and a pair of light blue boots with a set of butterflies attached to the laces. Pinkie wore a purple and light purple dress, the upper half of her outfit light blue with a yellow bow around her waist, a group of three balloons on the side of the skirt, a pair of dark purple boots, and a small light blue hat resting on her head. Twilight wore a magenta colored dress, a couple bright white stars on the left hip of her skirt, and a pair of purple laced boots. And Sonic wore a simple black tuxedo with a blue tie.

"So this is the Fall Formal huh?" Sonic asked as they made their way through the gym, "For some reason, it kinda reminds me of the Grand Galloping Gala, only there isn't any nobles around trying to make themselves look important."

"Let's not keep our guard down though, don't know when Sunset might strike." Applejack warned.

"Speaking of Sunset, does anyone see her anywhere?" Twilight asked.

Taking a quick look around the gym, the group saw that Sunset was nowhere to be seen.

"She probably decided not to show up since she knew Twilight is more than likely going to be crowned princess at this point." Rainbow Dash said.

"I don't know, considering everything she's done the last few days, it would be odd if she were to suddenly give up." Sonic said, "Stay sharp, Sunset might try to pull a fast one if we're not careful."

Nodding in agreement, the group continued to enjoy the night until it was time to announce the princess of the Fall Formal.

As everyone in the gym listened to Princapal Celestia as she spoke on stage, Sonic looked around to see if he could spot Sunset but had no luck.

'Sunset is definitely making it too easy for Twilight to win the crown seeing how she is nowhere to be seen.' Sonic thought to himself, 'She's definitely up to something, and I'm completely certain that I'm not going to like it.'

"And now, without further ado, I'd like to announce the winner of this year's Fall Formal crown. The Princess of this year's Fall Formal is..." Princapal Celestia paused for a moment before announcing, "Twilight Sparkle!"

Upon hearing that, everyone applauded and cheered for their new princess. Twilight then made her way up to the stage to receive her crown.

Vice Principal Luna had walked up with a small chest before opening it to reveal the Element of Magic resting inside. Principal Celestia then took the crown out and congratulated Twilight before placing the crown to place it atop her head.

"Sonic! Twilight! Help!" A voice suddenly screamed.

"Spike!" Sonic and Twilight exclaimed, recognizing the voice before running off to find it's source, while being closely followed by the girls.


Following Spike's screams, the group found themselves in front of the portal where Sunset, Snips, Snails, and a captive Spike were seen waiting for them.

"Spike!" Sonic yelled as he was about to run to the former dragon's rescue.

"I wouldn't get any closer if I were you." Sunset said as she raised a sledgehammer.

"I swear, if you even think about hitting him with that-" Sonic warned before being cut off by Sunset.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hit your mutt." Sunset said before turning towards the portal, "But the portal is another story."

"What do you want Sunset?" Twilight asked.

"It's simple actually, you can give me the crown, I'll let your dog go and you and Sonic can go back to equestria." Sunset said before pointing the sledgehammer towards the portal, "Or, you can keep the crown and be trapped here forever!"

'She's too close to the portal for me to be able to attack.' Sonic thought to himself, 'I don't want to use my speed in case someone walks in on us and I don't know wether or not chaos control could mess up the portal if I use it.'

"Tick-tock, Twilight." Sunset said, "We haven't got all night. The portal will be closing on its own in less than an hour. So, what's your answer?"

After a moment of thought, Twilight responded by saying, "No."

"What!?" Sunset exclaimed in both surprise and anger, "Equestria! Your friends! Lost to you forever! Don't you see what I'm about to do to the portal?!

"Yes, but I've also seen what you've been able to do here without magic." Twilight responded, "Equestria will find a way to survive without my Element of Harmony and Sonic's assistance. This place might not, if I allow it to fall into your hands. So go ahead. Destroy the portal. You are not getting this crown!"

After glaring at Twilight for a moment, Sunset dropped the sledgehammer before saying, "Fine. You win."

Upon hearing that, Snips and Snails realised Spike.

"Wow Twilight, that was amazing!" Rainbow Dash said.

"No wonder you're a princess." Rarity said.

"Oh, yes, she's so very special!" Sunset said before suddenly charging at Twilight and tackling her, causing the crown to fall off of Twilight's head, "Grab it you fools!"

Upon hearing that, everyone ran towards the crown.

Snips managed to grab the crown first but Rainbow Dash snatched it out of his hands. This didn't last when Snails grabbed it as Rainbow Dash tried to run to Twilight. Before he could he could run to Sunset, Pinkie grabbed the crown but had trouble getting it out of Snails' grip. Snips quickly went to assist Snails, but Rarity and Applejack came to Pinkie's assist, causing the two groups to do tug-of-war with the crown. Sonic managed to grab the crown out of the group's grip, but was tackled to the ground by Snips and Snails, causing the crown to slip out of Sonic's grip and roll to Sunset's feet, who picked the crown up.

"At last! More power than I could ever imagine!" Sunset exclaimed before putting the crown on, laughing wickedly as she did so.

Once Sunset placed the crown onto her head, she began to levitate into the air as a dark aura surrounded her.

The group watched as Sunset began to change into a demonic looking creature, with red skin, fiery hair, wings, and a tail.

Once Sunset's transformation was complete, the demonic former teen shot a beam at Snips and Snails, changing them into demonic looking creatures as well.

Knowing that everyone in the school was in danger, the group retreated back to the gym but as they arrived, Sunset destroyed her way inside, causing everyone to run in panic.

"I've had to jump through so many hoops tonight just to get my hands on this crown, and it really should have been mine all along." Sunset growled, "But let's let bygones be bygones. I am your princess now, and you will be loyal... to me!"

Sunset then unleashes a spell that began to hypnotize everyone in the school (except for the group).

"Round them up and bring them to the portal." Sunset ordered Snips and Snails before turning towards the group, "Oh, I was bluffing when I said I was going to destroy the portal. I don't want to rule this pathetic little high school! I want Equestria! And with my own little teenage army behind me, I am going to get it!"

"Not if we have anything to say about it!" Sonic exclaimed.

"Please, what exactly could you do?" Sunset asked smugly, "There is no way you can stop me now!"

"Looks like someone hasn't been keeping up with what's been happening in equestria ever since they left." Sonic said before asking, "Answer me this Sunset, do you know what a chaos emerald is?"

"No I don't, why do you ask?" Sunset responded.

"Well, you're about to find out!" Sonic exclaimed before summoning the chaos emeralds around himself.

Before Sunset could do anything, the chaos emeralds began to circle around Sonic before suddenly realising a bright light. When the light died down, Super Sonic remained.

"What the!? Where did all of that power come from!?!" Sunset exclaimed.

"If you stuck around longer you would know about the chaos emeralds." Super Sonic chuckled, "They appeared with me the night mom adopted me. As for their power, they're controlled by one's thoughts and emotions but they ultimately give whoever uses them a large boost in power, even if you only have/use one!"

"I'd like to see how effective those things are then, so that I could take them and use them myself once I'm done with you!" Sunset exclaimed before throwing a fire ball at Super Sonic, who countered with a chaos spear.

When the two projectiles collided, they couldn't over power each other so they exploded as a result.

"I guess those chaos emeralds really are powerful being that they allowed you stop my attack." Sunset said.

"Trust me, that was only the tip of the iceberg!" Super Sonic exclaimed before changing towards Sunset.

Sunset countered by surrounding herself in a barrier and charging at Super Sonic herself.

When the two of them collided, they ended up knocking each other back before charging at each other again.

This continued to a moment before Super Sonic fired another chaos spear at Sunset, destroying her barrier while knocking her to the ground in the process.

Once she recovered, Sunset shot a large beam at Super Sonic in hopes of taking him out with one hit.

Super Sonic countered by spindashing the beam, forcing him and Sunset to fight for dominance.

After struggling for a moment, Sunset yelled to Snips and Snails, "Round everyone up later, help me take care of this nuisance!"

Upon hearing that, Snips and Snails charged towards Super Sonic and tackled him, causing Sunset's beam to launch to the sky.

After recovering from Snips and Snails' attack, Super Sonic saw the duo charge at him again, causing him to smirk.

"This should be easy." Super Sonic said to himself before using chaos control to teleport out of sight.

"Where'd he go?" Ships asked before he and Snails were suddenly grabbed by their legs.

"Does this answer your question?" Super Sonic asked before spinning the duo at high speeds.

After spinning Snips and Snails for a while, Super Sonic suddenly let them go, causing the duo to be helplessly tossed the ground before crashing.

"Let's do that again." Snails said dizzily before he and Snips passed out.

"That takes care of those two, all that leaves now is Sunset." Super Sonic said before being hit in the back by a large beam of magic, forcing him to the ground right in front of where Twilight, Spike, and the girls stood.

"Sonic! Are you okay!?" Twilight exclaimed as she and the group approached the former hedgehog.

"I'm fine,Sunset just caught me off guard." Super Sonic replied before getting back up.

As Super Sonic was about to charge towards Sunset again, Twilight exclaimed, "Sonic wait! We want to help too!"

"What!?!" Super Sonic asked, being taken completely off guard.

"Please! How could you losers help?" Sunset asked smugly before shooting another beam at the group.

Super Sonic was about to use chaos shield to protect Spike and the girls, but a pink barrier suddenly appeared around the group, blocking Sunset's attack.

"What!?!" Sunset exclaimed in disbelief.

"The magic contained in my element was able to unite with those that helped create it!" Twilight exclaimed.

After Twilight said that, the chaos emeralds appeared around super Sonic (without him turning back to his normal self).

"Honesty! Kindness! Laughter! Generosity! Loyalty! Magic! Together with a crown, they create a power beyond anything you could imagine, but it is a power you don't have the ability to control!" Twilight exclaimed.

As Twilight exclaimed The names of the Elements of Harmony, one chaos emerald would levitate to the respective bearer until Super Sonic had only one.

A rainbow aura then surrounded each of the chaos emeralds before the aura spreaded to whoever had it.

A beam then shot out of the element of magic and connected with the chaos emeralds, causing a bright flash to engulf the group.

When the flash died down, Sunset saw that the group has changed. While all of the girls had pony ears and their hair extended until it looked like tails (with Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy gained wings as well), Super Sonic got his hedgehog ears, tail, quills, and had turned into Rainbow Sonic.

"The crown may be upon your head, Sunset, but you can't wield it, because you don't possess the most powerful magic of all: the magic of friendship!" Twilight exclaimed as she and the girls grouped behind Rainbow Sonic.

Knowing what he had to do, Rainbow Sonic closed his eyes and began to channel all the rainbow energy into himself.

Not wanting to find out what the group was doing, Sunset shot another beam at the group in hopes of stopping whatever attack they were about to do.

This didn't help as Rainbow Sonic exclaimed, "Rainbow Burst!" before unleashing a rainbow shockwave.

When the two attacks collided, Sunset's beam didn't stand a chance as the rainbow shockwave sliced stopped it in it's tracks and continued to make it's way towards Sunset.

Not expecting this, Sunset tried to fly away but it was too fast for her and ended up being engulfed by it and being forced to the ground.

"NOOOOO!!!" Sunset screamed before being engulfed in t a bright flash, blinding the group.

When the flash died down, Sonic found that we turned back to his normal self but still had his hedgehog features and had all seven chaos emeralds again. When he turned to the girls, he saw that they were on the ground and still had their pony features.

He was about to help them up before they started to rise on their own.

"Is everyone alright?" Sonic asked.

"A bit winded, but fine." Rainbow Dash responded.

"Wow! That was amazing!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Do y'all do stuff like that all the time?" Applejack asked.

"Kinda." Sonic replied simply.

Before the group could continue their conversation, they began to hear cheers and when they turned around, saw that everyone at the school was now free from Sunset's control.

"I guess they still saw everything we did despite being hypnotized." Sonic said, "Definely no point of hiding what me, Twilight, and Spike are at point."

"You said it." Twilight agreed before she and the others noticed a large crater.

Walking towards it, the group found Sunset at the bottom of it, crying.

"Sunset?" Sonic called to the crying teen.

"I-I'm sorry!" Sunset apologized, "I'm so sorry! I didn't know there was another way!"

Understanding what she meant, Twilight flew towards Sunset as she said, "The magic of friendship doesn't just exist in Equestria. It's everywhere. You can seek it out, or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours."

"But... But all I've ever done since being here is drive everyone apart." Sunset said, still upset about everything she's done, "I don't know the first thing about friendship."

"I bet they could teach you." Sonic said as he gestured towards the rest of the girls, who smiled.

Sunset was overall confused about the the group's actions and after regaining some composure, she asked, "How? How are all so forgiving despite everything I've done to you?"

Sonic shrugged before saying in response, "I guess it's in our nature to forgive others despite what they have done."

Although still unsure about the group forgiving her so easily, Sunset grabbed Twilight's crown (which was lying beside her), and handed it to Twilight before saying, "I believe this is your."

"Thanks, Sunset." Twilight said before taking the crown and putting it back on her head.

"So now what?" Rainbow Dash asked Sonic and Twilight helped Sunset get out of the crater.

After some silence, Pinkie said, "How about we continue the night like nothing happened."

"Well, we do have until midnight for me Spike and Twilight to go back to equestria, and we do need to lift Sunset's spirt, so why not." Sonic said.

"Then let's get started I suppose." Sunset agreed.


After enjoying themselves for a few hours, we now find Sonic, Twilight, Spike and the girls stand in front of the portal, ready to say goodbye.

"You'll look out for her, won't you?" Twilight asked.

"Of course we will." Rarity replied before saying, "Although I do expect some sort of apology for last spring's debacle."

"Considering everything she's done, I have a feeling she'll be handing out a lot of apologies." Sonic said.

"I know we've only been friends for a short time, but I'm gonna miss all of you so much." Twilight said.

"Well miss you guys too, Twilight." Rainbow Dash said.

After giving the girls one last hug, Sonic, Twilight, and Spike made their way to the portal and, after giving one last wave, stepped through.


On the other side of the portal, after trio stepped out of the portal (fell over in Twilight's case being how she went from standing on two legs to four), they were greeted by the rest of the mane six and the Princesses.

"Sonic! Twilight! Spike!" Fluttershy called out.

"you're back!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"You've got your crown!" Rarity said as she and the others noticing said object on Twilight's head.

"I knew you could do it!" Pinkie exclaimed happily.

"Oh, we were so worried." Applejack said.

"Come on Applejack, with me helping out, you should of known better." Sonic said.

"Sunset, is she alright?" Princess Celestia asked as she stepped forward.

"I think she's gonna be fine. We left her in good hands." Twilight responded.

"Speaking of which, what exactly did you guys do for the last few days?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It'll take a while to explain everything, but starting off with after we first exited the portal..." Sonic said before going through all the events that took place for the last few days.


Meanwhile in a unknown location, a figure is seen looking through the files of a large computer when he heard a door open behind him.

Turning around, the figure saw another figure step inside the room before it asked, "You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah, I was looking at the dimensional coordinates when I found an odd frequency." The figure at the computer responded, "Looking at the frequency, it matched with the energy readings from seventeen years ago, and it appeared twice within two days."

"Were you able to track the dimensional coordinates that the energy appeared from?" The other figure asked.

"Sadly no, they were too sudden to track and it would take months to pinpoint the exact coordinates where the energy was last seen." The figure at the computer said sadly.

"It's important that you do that." The other figure said, "We need to find them in hopes of ending our "problem" once and for all."

"Do you think "he" is out there with them?" The figure at the computer asked.

"It's been seventeen years, the odds of that seem to be incredibly silm." The other figure responded, "But if he is still alive, we have to bring him back."

"Right, I better get started." The figure at the computer said before looking through the computer files again.

"Just let me know when you find something." The other figure said as he made his way out of the room before thinking to himself, 'If we do find him, hopefully he'll be able to accept what's waiting for him when we bring him back.'

PreviousChapters Next