• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,765 Views, 446 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 446
 11,765

PreviousChapters Next
Princess Twilight and Prince Sonic part 2

Twilight and Super Sonic watched as Nightmare Moon, a foe they thought they would never see again, laugh wickedly under the moonlight.

Although Twilight was too shocked to speak, Super Sonic glared at the dark alicorn before yelling, "Alright Nightmare Moon, I don't know how you managed to repossess Aunt Luna, let alone come back after I blasted you out of existence, but I'll be sure to free my aunt again before I make sure you never come back!"

Nightmare Moon, however, didn't seem to hear him, or even notice his and Twilight's presence, and began unleashing her magic to destroy the castle they were in.

The dark alicorn's beams struck pillars, walls, the floor, and the roof, forcing Twilight and Super Sonic to quickly leap out of the way to avoid getting hit by both the blasts, and debris.

Having had enough, Super Sonic was about to attack Nightmare Moon, he and Twilight heard hoofsteps come up beside them, seeing Princess Celestia, staring at Nightmare Moon in what looked like fear.

"Mom!" Super Sonic said in relief, "What happened? And how is Nightmare Moon back!?"

Seemingly ignoring the super hedgehog, Princess Celestia asked, "Luna, what are you doing!? You must lower the moon! It is your duty!"

"Luna?" Nightmare Moon asked before exclaiming, "I am, Nightmare Moon! I have but one royal duty now: to destroy you!"

With that said, Nightmare Moon begins to shoot bolts of magic at Princess Celestia, who dodged out of the way.

"Luna please, I don't want to hurt you!" Princess Celestia exclaimed as she continued to dodge the bolts.

"Then you're making my job so much easier!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed before suddenly shooting a beam from her horn, striking Princess Celestia in the chest and launching her to the wall, causing her to seemingly lose consciousness.

"MOM!!!" Super Sonic exclaimed before making his way to Princess Celestia.

Super Sonic was about to heal the princess when he suddenly heard Nightmare Moon laugh wickedly.

After turning towards the dark alicorn, Super Sonic let out a growl as dark sparks began to form around his body.

Meanwhile, Twilight began to cry at the sight of her mentor lying unconscious on the ground.

"Why?" Twilight asked between sobs, "Why would Luna do this?"

After glaring at Nightmare Moon for a moment, Super Sonic growled, "You're going to pay for that!" before turning into his dark super form.

Before Dark Super Sonic could charge towards Nightmare Moon, he along with Twilight heard Princess Celestia say, "Oh, dear sister, I am sorry, but you have given me no choice but to use these."

Turning towards Princess Celestia, the trio saw that the alicorn was back on her hooves while being surrounded by the elements of harmony (only the elements weren't shaped like the mane six's cutie marks).

"Are those the Elements of Harmony?" Dark Super Sonic asked Twilight.

"They are, but that's how they looked in... the past." Twilight said before suddenly realizing, "This is the night Princess Celestia banished Princess Luna to the moon!"

As soon as Twilight said that, the elements of harmony began to circle around Princess Celestia as they began to flow their energy into her.

Fearing what would happen next, Nightmare Moon quickly fired another beam at Princess Celestia, but the sun princess retaliated by firing a beam of her own that was infused with the elements' magic.

When both beams collided, they fought for dominance for a moment before Princess Celestia's beam suddenly sliced through Nightmare Moon's beam.

With it being so sudden, Nightmare Moon couldn't dodge the beam and was engulfed by it.

"NOOOOOO!" Nightmare Moon screamed as the beam shot her to the moon, causing it's surface to darken into the shape of the mare in the moon when she made contact with it.


Both Twilight's and Dark Super Sonic's vision flashed white, causing them to blink their whitened eyes before rubbing them.

Looking around, they saw that Spike, Zecora, and the rest of the mane six were looking at them with worried expressions while Discord was seen chuckling.

"Why are are you guys looking at us like that?" Dark Super Sonic asked the group.

"It's just... the two of you were mumblin' to each other." Applejack responded.

"Ooh!" Pinkie exclaimed, "And don't forget about Twilight's uncontrollable sobbing, and when Sonic suddenly turned into his dark super form!"

"That aside we were really worried about the both of you, especially when Sonic turned into his dark super form." Fluttershy said.

"Well I found it all amusing." Discord suddenly said, causing Dark Super Sonic to glare at him, "Although that so-called "dark super form" brings back bad memories, Twilight's sobs were pure gold! You should really consider making a play about it."

"Do you want me to help you relive those bad memories." Dark Super Sonic growled.

"Discord's bad sence of humor aside, we're you guys able find out who was responsible for the princess' disappearance and made all of these vines appear?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"That's something we can't answer." Twilight replied, "But the potion made us watch Princess Luna transform into Nightmare Moon, which then led to Princess Celestia sending her to the moon."

"The only question is, why?" Dark Super Sonic said, "It doesn't exactly explain what's happening now."

"Perhaps farther back still are the answers you seek." Zecora suggested, "Another sip of the potion will give you a peek."

"Well, it's the only lead we have." Twilight said as she picked up the potion.

"And I'm tagging along." Dark Super Sonic said as he placed a hand on Twilight's shoulder, "I want to stay on the safe side and act as an extra pair of eyes to avoid any information that we can use to be missed."

Nodding, Twilight leveraged the potion to her lips before taking another swig.

Unlike the first time, the moment after Twilight separated the bottle from her mouth, her and Dark Super Sonic's eyes began to glow white (or brightly for Dark Super Sonic since his eyes were already completely white).


Twilight and Dark Super Sonic now found thenselfs in a really chaotic land: the ground patterned like a giant checkerboard, floating pieces of land, nonsensical stuff everywhere around her that was impossible and unnatural.

It didn't take the duo too long to realize they were now in the time where Discord must have reigned and turned Equestria into his chaos capital.

Before they can wonder around, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna ran past them, running up to Discord, who was sitting on a throne as the king of his domain.

"Well, well, well! Back again to try and stop me?" Discord asked, lifting his paw up, showing a aurora-like tail held in his fingers. "Would you two like to play a round of 'Pin the Tail on the Pony'?"

"What!?" Celestia exclaimed before looking behind herself, finding that her tail was no longer present on her dock.

Growing frustrated, and embarassed, Princess Celestia turned back to glare at Discord before exclaiming, "That's it, Discord! Play time is over!"

"Oh, I doubt that will be the case." Discord said before pulling out a bag filled with oddly colored black seeds, grabbing handfuls of them before munching them down, spilling a large amount of them from his hand, his mouth, and waving the bag around, before asking, "You want some?"

Both alicorns leered at him while ignoring the seeds he spat in their face. Discord shrugged his shoulders and continued eating, unaware of the two sisters nodding to each other as they pulled out the elements of harmony from their bags.

While munching on his snack, Discord noticed the odd shimmer of light coming from Celestia and Luna, dropping his bag as he grew amused at the gems circling them.

"What have we here?" Discord asked.

"These are the elements of harmony!" Celestia responded.

"With these, we shall defeat you and finally end your tyranny of chaos!" Luna added as the two sisters began to absorb the magic of the six magical gems.

Discord snickered, then laughed uproariously, unaware of his eventual fate.

"Oh! Oh you should see your expressions!" Discord laughed, "You really think you can stop me!"

Discord was too busy laughing to notice the beam of rainbow light firing at him, which began to turn him into stone where he stood.

Although they now knew what had happened when Discord first attacked, Twilight and Dark Super Sonic were confused about how this was connected to what was going on in Equestria now.

As the duo prepared to return back to take another drink, the potion instead brought them back to a further moment with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, changing the scenery around them.

They were now in what appeared to be a cavern of sorts, but what they saw inside it made them gasp in awe, hearing Celestia and Luna gasp as well as they walked past them.

Inside the cave was a large tree that looked like it was made out of crystal.

"There it is," Princess Luna uttered, "The tree of harmony."

"'Tree' of harmony?" Twilight repeated, watching the princesses approach the tree. Looking closer at the trunk, she saw what looked like a sun, a crescent moon, a crystal star, and (oddly enough) Sonic's symbol in the center of the tree, the the star looking a lot like her cutie mark. "Is this where the elements of harmony came from?"

Twilight's question was answered as Princess Celestia used her magic on the tree, causing the star in the center opened up, revealing the Element of Magic, along with the remaining five elements of harmony appearing in the branches. Using her magic, she levitated them out of the mystical tree.

"Sister, are you sure we should do this?" Princess Luna asked.

"These gems are the only things that can stop Discord," Princess Celestia responded, "His chaotic magic is far too great, and we have no other option to stop him and free everypony in this land. Even without the elements of harmony, the tree of harmony possesses powerful magic. As long as that magic remains, it will continue to control and contain everything that grows around it."

The duo watched as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna stuffed the elements of harmony in their bags before they flew out of the cave, leaving the tree of harmony to face Discord.


"What did you guys see?" Spike asked after Twilight and Dark Super Sonic came out of their trance.

"Unfortunately, we still don't know what happened to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna." Twilight replied, "But, I now know why the Everfree Forest is growing out of control. Something must be wrong with the tree of harmony."

"The tree of what-now?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It's the same place where my mom and Aunt Luna found the elements of harmony." Dark Super Sonic said, "Me and Twilight believe something is wrong with it."

"Where is this 'tree of harmony' located?" Rarity asked.

"As much as I'd hate to say it, but in there." Dark Super Sonic responded before gesturing towards Everfree Forest.

"Huh, I'm starting to feel some deja vu right now." Applejack said.

"You said it Applejack." Rainbow Dash said, "We went in there to save equestria from Nightmare Moon, now we're going in there to save equestria from these vines."

"I suggest we get going then." Dark Super Sonic said before powering down to his normal self, "The sooner we find the tree of harmony, the sooner we can get rid of these vines and hopefully find my mom and Aunt Luna."

Nodding in agreement, the group begin to make their way to Everfree Forest.


Some time later deep inside the forest, the group can be seen making their way through with Sonic and Twilight leading the way.

"It seems like it was yesterday when we were make our way through these woods to find the elements of harmony." Rarity said.

"It also seems like yesterday I was foolish enough to think I should go after them on my own, even though I had Sonic with me." Twilight said, "I don't know what we're going to face in here this time, but whatever it is, I know we need to face it together."

"That's definitely true." Sonic said, with the others agreeing.

The group then came across a mucky pond separating them from where they needed to go, with a few stepping stones sticking out of the muddy water as a path across.

"I think we can get across if we use these stones." Twilight said before she began to leap across the pond.

But after landing on one specific stone, it began moving as she as she stepped on it.

An eye suddenly opened up underneath her, a low growl startling her and the others as it began rising up.

Twilight looked down, gasping in shock as she stood on top of a crocodile made out of stone, eyeing her as its next prey.

"Cragadile!" Twilight exclaimed in fear.

The cragadile suddenly snapped its head back, tossing Twilight into the air in the process, before opening its maw to snap its teeth into her as she fell.

Twilight tried to flap her wings, but wasn't able to hover due to her panic, resulting to her flailing about as she fell.

Just as the cragadile was about to snap it's jaws shut, Sonic (using his boost ability) grabbed Twilight and pushed her to safety as he shot a chaos spear into the reptiles mouth.

Once he had Twilight safely back on land, Sonic was about to charge towards the cragadile but stopped when he saw that the rock crocodile hadn't moved an inch.

The reason why soon became obvious when smoke suddenly began to leak out of the cragadile's jaw, before it slowly began to sink back into the pond.

"That was a easier than I thought it would." Sonic said before turning to Twilight and asking, "Are you okay, Twilight?"

"I'm fine." Twilight responded, "I just can't seem to get these new wings to do what I want them to do when I want them to do it."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually." Rainbow Dash said as she and the rest of the mane six caught up to the duo.

"Eventually isn't soon enough." Twilight grumbled to herself.

"You have been having an awful lot of trouble with those things." Applejack spoke up, "And, well, who knows what else is gonna to come after us? You know, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea for Sonic and Twilight to go back to Ponyville and let us look for the tree of harmony ourselves.

"What!?!" Twilight exclaimed in shock.

"And why do you think that!?!" Sonic demanded.

"Darling, Twilight almost became a cragadile's mid-afternoon snack!" Rarity answered. "She was barely able to get away thanks to you."

"Plus, the rest of us aren't royalty." Fluttershy added.

"What's that got to do with anything?" Twilight asked with a slight bit of anger in her voice.

"Aren't you girls overreacting a bit?" Spike asked Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy, "It was only one cragadile.

"He has a point you now." Sonic added, "You all realize that we've dealt with threats worse than these stupid vines before, which means we're absolutely capable of defending myself. What makes now so different?"

"W-Well, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are gone." Applejack said, "If something happened to the both of you, we just don't think Equestria can risk losing another leader."

"Darlings, even if we manage to save the Tree of Harmony, it won't necessarily mean Princess Celestia and Princess Luna will return." Rarity said, "Equestria will need somepony to lead in their absence."

"But the Tree of Harmony!" Twilight argued, "Me and Sonic are the only ones who has seen it and knows what it looks like!"

"Huge tree, cutie marks and Sonic's symbol on the trunk, probably being attacked by something hideously awful?" Rainbow Dash said, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll know it when we see it."

"All of you feel this way?" Twilight asked as tears began to well in her eyes, "You all feel like we shouldn't be here?"

"It is probably for the best." Fluttershy said.

"Girls, I get you're concerned about our safety, but there's no need." Sonic said, "As long as we're together, we can find the tree of harmony saf-"

"Okay." Twilight interrupted, "We'll go."

"What?!" Sonic asked, taken completely off guard.

Instead of speaking, Twilight simply turned around before walking off, with Spike following closely behind.

Although he still wanted to convince everyone that he and Twilight should stay, Sonic hesitantly decided to follow the girls advise and began to make his way back to ponyville.


Upon returning to ponyville a few minutes later, the trio found Discord lounged on one of the vines, watching as ponies fled when he "helped" them, finding the chaotic nature of the plants hilarious.

"Discord!" Sonic and Twilight exclaimed, making the draconequus wince.

"What? I'm helping!" Discord said before snapping his fingers, chopping some of the vines with a pair of giant shears he materialized. "There. See? Getting rid of the vines. Anyways, no luck finding your tree."

"We ended up running into some trouble." Sonic responded, "The girls decided it would be best if we returned to Ponyville while they continue the search. Apparently our duties as royalty comes first, since they were worried about us getting hurt."

"But they do have a point." Twilight spoke up, "Equestria will need us if Princess Celestia and Princess Luna don't return."

"Well I can't believe you actually agreed to their plan." Discord said, "I never thought you both would be the kind types who would think they're better than everypony else."

"That's not true at all!" Sonic exclaimed.

"Oh, well, how silly of me to assume that you would think that." Discord chuckled, "All the both of you did was choose to keep your precious royal selves out of harm's way while your friends thrust themselves right into it. I'm sure you'll all be the best of pals again when they return from their terrifying yet deeply bonding experience that they're having without you both."

Although he was making them angry, Sonic and Twilight realized that Discord had a point.

"We shouldn't of came back." Sonic growled, with Twilight nodding in agreement.

"Come on, guys, Discord may be reformed, but he's not that reformed." Spike said, "He's just trying to get under your skin."

"Well, it's working." Twilight said before she and Sonic suddenly ran back into Everfree Forest, forcing Spike to run after them.


Sometime later we find the trio making their way through the forest yet again.

"Are we there yet?" Spike asked impatiently.

"From down here, it's impossible to know." Sonic said, "But a bird's eye view might help."

Immediately after saying that, Sonic ran up the closes tree until he was at the top.

Once there, he began to scan the forest until he spotted the rest of the mane six in the distance.

"Hey guys!" Sonic yelled, "I found them!"

When he didn't receive a response, Sonic looked down to see that Twilight and Spike were surrounded by black vines that were spewing some sort of gas at them.

"Oh no you don't!" Sonic exclaimed before jumping off the tree.

As if they heard him, the vines suddenly shoot towards the falling hedgehog.

In response, Sonic shot several chaos spears at the vines, slicing them before they could even touch him.

After landing on the ground, Sonic asked, "Are you two alright?"

"Aside from getting gassed, we're fine." Twilight said.

"Good to hear." Sonic said.

Their victory didn't last long as more vines sprouted around the trio.

"We don't have time for this." Sonic said before snapping his fingers, activating chaos control.

The vines shot towards the trio but ended up ramming into each other when the trio teleported away.


At the tree of harmony, we see the rest of the mane six having trouble deciding what they should do due to the tree of harmony itself was dying thanks to the black vines that covered it, with Applejack and Rainbow Dash suddenly getting into an argument.

"It was your idea to send Sonic and Twilight back, Applejack!" RainbowDash yelled.

"We all agreed it was the best thing, Rainbow Dash!" Applejack countered, "We were tryin' to protect them."

Their argument was cut short when, Sonic, Twilight, and Spike suddenly teleported in front of them.

"Guys!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "It's great to see you, but how did you manage to teleport here?"

"After realizing how we put our safety over yours, we decided to come back." Twilight explained, "After wondering around for awhile, Sonic decided to get a bird's eye view and managed to spot you all. And I assume you all can guess what happened after that."

"Well, we sure am glad you came looking for us." Applejack said.

"The truth of it is, we're simply lost without you and Sonic." Rarity said.

"Yeah, equestria may need its princess..." Rainbow Dash began.

"... But we need our friend." Fluttershy finished.

"Glad to hear that, but what how's the tree of harmony?" Sonic asked.

"Not so good." Applejack responded, "The vines are killing the tree!"

Looking at the tree of harmony, Sonic, Twilight, and Spike were horrified at the site, making them worried about how to safety remove the vines without harming the tree.

While thinking, Twilight suddenly remembered what Princess Celestia said during her vision about the tree of harmony.

"Even without the elements of harmony, the tree of harmony possesses powerful magic. As long as that magic remains, it will continue to control and contain everything that grows around it."

Those words helped Twilight realize that it was the tree of harmony that prevented Everfree Forest from growing wilder this entire time. But it's power was now being drained by the vines, and without the elements of harmony, it could wither away and die, making the Everfree Forest eventually overrun equestria and destroy every city and town across the world.

Knowing what she had to do, Twilight levitated her crown off her head before pulling out the Element of Magic from its place, and saying "I know how we can save the tree of harmony. But...we'll have to give up the elements of harmony to do so."

"What!?" Rainbow Dash exclaimed in shock, "Are you crazy!? How are we supposed to protect Equestria if we give them up!?"

"And what about Discord?" Rarity mentioned. "Although we have Sonic to hold him off, how are we expected to keep him in line if we have no means of turning him back to stone?"

"Twilight, the elements of harmony..." Applejack hesitated, "They're what keep us connected no matter what."

"You're right about one thing, Applejack." Twilight said, "The elements of harmony did bring us together, but it isn't the elements that will keep us connected, it's our friendship. Our friendship is more important and more powerful than any magic. My new role in equestria may mean I have to take on new responsibilities, and our friendships may be tested, but it will never, ever be broken."

"She's got a point girls." Sonic spoke up, "No matter how far apart we are, or whatever gets in our way, we'll always be connected. No matter what!"

Although they were hesitant for a moment, the rest of the mane six nodded in understanding.

After removing the elements from the girls' necklaces, Twilight flew into the air with the elements in tow and flew words the tree of harmony.

As she got close however, several vines suddenly shot towards her, trying to stop her.

"Oh no you don't!" Sonic exclaimed before changing towards the vines and using his spindash attack to knock them away.

The vines retaliated by shooting towards Sonic and wrapping around him.

Sonic tried to snap his fingers to use chaos control, but the vines wrapping around his hands, preventing him from doing so.

"Sonic!" Twilight exclaimed in concern.

"Don't worry about me!" Sonic screamed as the vines proceeded to wrap around his body, "Just focus on getting the elements to the tree!"

Before Twilight could do so however, several vines suddenly wrapped around her before attempting to grab the elements of harmony.

"There's no way I'm letting a bunch of weeds stop me!" Sonic grunted before summoning the chaos emeralds around himself.

Instead of circling around him to activate his super form, the chaos emeralds remained where they appeared while having a rainbow aura around them.

Just as the vines were about to grab them, the elements of harmony flew out of Twilight's grasp before stopped right above Sonic.

The elements then began to glow before firing a beam at Sonic, surrounding him in a rainbow aura.

The aura then spreaded towards the chaos emeralds, causing each gem to become rainbow colored.

Once that happened, the chaos emeralds began to circle around him just as the vines were almost done enveloping his body.

Once the vines did so however, the chaos emeralds released a bright flash.

When the flash died down, Sonic was seen in his rainbow form while having the elements of harmony flouting around him.

Turing towards Twilight (was was almost completely covered in vines), Rainbow Sonic extended his hand towards her and fired a rainbow beam, freeing her in the process.

Once that was done, Rainbow Sonic turned towards the tree of harmony before snapping his fingers, causing the elements of harmony to levitate to the empty slots around the tree.

The vines tried to stop the elements, but would disintegrate when they got close.

Once the elements reached their slots (with the element of magic taking the slot in the center of the tree), the tree of H
Harmony began to glow and shine brilliantly.

Having been returned to its full power, the light it radiated began to burn away the vines, destroying them from their roots around the tree to outside the Everfree Forest.

When the coils of vines that were at the base of the tree disappeared, the group was surprised to see Princess Celestia and Princess Luna emerge from them.

"Mom! Aunt Luna! You're okay!" Rainbow Sonic exclaimed before flying towards the two princesses, followed by the rest of the group.

"Everyone, we cannot thank you enough for freeing us." Princess Luna said.

"I know it must have been hard to give up the elements of harmony, but it had to be done," Celestia said.

"I'm sure we'll be able to manage without them for a while." Rainbow Sonic said, "Who knows, when the tree of harmony returns to its full strength, we can probably borrow them again."

Before anyone say anything in response, everyone noticed a large flower bud emerge from the tree of harmony's roots.

Before anyone could question why it appeared, the flower blossomed to reveal a crystal chest with six keyholes around it.

"Ooooh. Pretty box," Pinkie said.

"Six locks, which mean we need six keys to open it." Twilight said.

"I do not know where they are, but I do know that it is a mystery you will not be solving alone." Princess Celestia said with a smile before she and Princess Luna teleported back to canterlot.

"I think it's best if we get going as well." Rainbow Sonic said before using chaos control to teleport himself and the group back to ponyville.


Upon arriving to ponyville via chaos control, the group found themselves to be greeted by Discord.

"Bravo, everyone, bravo!" Discord said, "How ever did you save the day this time? Blast the beastie with your magic necklaces, I presume? Where are those little trinkets of yours anyway? You know, the ones you use to send me back to my extremely uncomfortable stone prison?"

"They're gone." Applejack said.

"gone, gone?" Discord asked.

"Don't get any ideas." Rainbow Sonic warned, "I have some of their magic within me right now. Meaning I could turn you back to stone right now if I wanted to."

"And you're going to help us clean up!" Fluttershy said.

"Fine, but I don't do windows." Discord grumbled.

"There's just one thing I don't get." Applejack spoke up, "Why did all this happen now?"

"I have no idea." Discord responded, "Those seeds I planted should have sprouted up ages ago."

"What did you say?!" Twilight said in surprise and anger.

"Oh, why should I try to explain it when you can see for yourself?" Discord asked as he handed Twilight the potion that gave her and Sonic visions.

Although she willing to interrogate Discord, Twilight grabbed the potion before taking a swig, while Rainbow Sonic placed a hand on her shoulder.


The duo's vision went completely white for a second before they were brought back to when Princess Celestia and Princess Luna confronted Discord.

"That's it Discord!" Princess Celestia exclaimed, "Play time is over!"

"Oh, I doubt that will be the case." Discord said said before pulling out a bag filled with oddly colored black seeds, grabbing handfuls of them before munching them down, spilling a large amount of them from his hand.

It was then the duo heard Discord say, "Well, obviously things didn't go according to my original plan. My plunderseeds should have stolen the magic from the tree of harmony and captured Princess Celestia and Princess Luna thousands of moons ago. Alas, it seems the tree had enough magic to keep the seeds from growing up big and strong. Until now, that is."


When the duo regained their vision, they both immediately glared at Discord.

"I should of known there was reason why you spilled those all over the place!" Rainbow Sonic yelled.

"You realize we could of use that information hours ago!" Twilight yelled.

"Well, if I just told you everything right off the bat, how would Twilight ever learn about being a princess?" Discord asked, "Plus, I'm sure Sonic wanted a challenge since he tends to be the rush into action whenever the opportunity appears."

As a response, Rainbow Sonic slowly flew towards Discord until he was right in front of him, before smacking him in the back of the head, causing the draconequus to be flung to the ground and having his head stuck in the ground.

"Okay, I probably should of seen that coming." Discord said, with his voice being muffled by the ground.


The next day was the Summer Sun Celebration, and thankfully, the event went interrupted.

This day was now celebrated to the return of Princess Luna instead of the defeat of Nightmare Moon.

Luna had lowered the moon in front of a silver post with a crescent moon at the top, allowing her sister to raise the sun over the gold post behind her with the symbol of the sun.

Once it rose high enough, Twilight flew forward and created a spread of light with her magic in the shape of her cutie mark: a bright fuchsia star.

After that, Hyper Sonic appeared and began to fly across the sky at incredible speeds (while leaving a rainbow trail). When he stopped, it was seen that he made he made Princess Celestia's, Luna's, and Twilight's cutie marks along with his symbol in the sky.


Sometime after the celebration was done, we find Sonic in one of canterlot castle's guestrooms, inspecting the chaos emeralds (which were in their normal colors.

"What are you looking at?" He heard a voice say behind himself.

Turning towards the voice, Sonic found Twilight at the entrance of the room.

"Oh, hey Twilight." Sonic said, "I'm just looking at the chaos emeralds."

"You're curious about what happened to them yesterday, aren't you." Twilight asked.

"Who wouldn't?" Sonic asked in response, "Rainbow colored before I turned to my rainbow form, back to normal after coming out of it."

"Maybe you used up the energy when you exited the form." Twilight said.

"Something deep inside of me is telling me that isn't the case." Sonic said, "Something's just, telling me that they somehow fell different now."

"I'm sure we can investigate it later." Twilight said, "For now, let's get some dinner. Princess Celestia did ask me to bring you to the dining room."

Not a second after Twilight said that, a stomach growl could be heard, quickly by Sonic nervously chuckling.

"I guess some food is what I need right now." Sonic said before putting the chaos emeralds away.

"Then I suggest we get going." Twilight said before she and Sonic walked out of the room.

Unaware to the both of them, a rainbow aura surrounded the purple chaos emerald, which grew larger the closer Sonic got to Twilight.

Author's Note:

Wow, I can't believe it's been a whole since I started this series (and writing altogether)!

I just want to thank you all for the support and that I hope you continue to enjoy my work.

Also, if any of you are interested, I'm considering about making another story that involves what-if senerios (info Here). So if anyone is interested, just check out the link, and I hope to hear from some of you soon.

PreviousChapters Next