• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,627 Views, 425 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 425
 11,627

PreviousChapters Next
Princess Twilight and Prince Sonic part 1

It's been a few days since Sonic, Twilight, and Spike returned from the human world and we now see the group in canterlot castle's garden where Sonic, Spike and most of the mane six watched as Rainbow Dash tried to teach Twilight to fly with her new wings.

It wasn't going well as Twilight crashed to the ground for what seemed to be the millionth time now.

"Remember Twilight, you need to flap your wings in sync with each other or else you'll fall!" Sonic called out.

Twilight followed Sonic's advice and began to hover in the air.

"Come on, Twilight! Flap them harder!" Rainbow exclaimed.

Twilight began to look like she was getting the hang of it, but she flapped her wings too hard and veered off back to the ground.

"Not that hard!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

Twilight ended up falling onto the branch of a nearby tree, only making her earlier crash hurt more.

"Ow...This is so complicated..." Twilight said as she tried to regain the air she lost when she crashed onto the branch.

"Lookin' good up there, princess!" Applejack said, despite how weird it felt to call Twilight princess.

"Applejack, please don't call me that." Twilight said as she struggled to slip off the branch without landing harshly again, "If other ponies want to call me that, then that's fine. But I don't want any of my friends to address me as a princess. It doesn't feel right."

After getting out of the tree, Twilight stretched out her wings, grumbling angrily as she kept failing to do simple hovering.

"The Summer Sun Celebration is a couple days away and if I can't learn to fly, I won't be able to get ready for my part." Twilight said.

"I'm sure you'll be able do it if you try hard enough, Twilight." Rainbow Dash said, "Now let's see that big finish!"

"Ok." Twilight said before taking a deep breath.

Twilight then spreaded out her wings and took off. Despite all the mishaps from earlier, Twilight was actually flying very well this time, causing her to grow a wide grin as she felt as free as a bird.

"Whoo hoo! I'm doing it!" Twilight cheered.

"Twilight, watch out for that cloud!" Sonic shouted, but it was too late as she rammed into it.

Twilight coughed and wound up slowing down, not paying attention to where she was going while she stopped flapping her wings.

In panic, Twilight flapped them as quickly as she can before she began to free fall back to the ground.

Twilight then spiraled out of control, screaming as she tried to right herself up, but was failing to do so.

Acting fast, Sonic used chaos control to teleport to Twilight and after grabbing her, teleported back to the ground.

"...I think I'm done practicing for now. I don't want to look all bruised up before the Summer Sun Celebration starts." Twilight said as stood on her hooves, rubbing a sore spot on her chest before heading back to the castle, the rest of the group followed since they had nothing else to do.


Later in the castle, the group walked through the grand hall of stained glass windows depicting equestria's greatest moments in history.

The most recent one so far was of Sonic and Twilight after their ascension. Twilight had her wings spread out as she wore her crown, while Sonic was standing beside her (wearing his crown and cape) while the chaos emeralds surrounded him.

The window explained that Twilight became the kingdom's newest princess while Sonic gained a new appearance while hinting the new power that the both of them gained.

"You look amazing, darlings." Rarity complimented, "They've really captured both of your regality.

"I suppose." Twilight said with not as much enthusiasm.

"Oh, don't be so modest." Rarity said, "It's everypony's dream to someday wear a crown and have their coronation ceremony preserved in stained glass for all to see."

"I don't know if it's everypony's dream." Rainbow Dash spoke up.

"I can't exactly agree or disagree with that since I've technically been royalty my entire life." Sonic said.

"Not that I want to change the subject, but we'd better get if don't want to miss our train." Fluttershy spoke up.

"Fluttershy's right." Applejack said, "I don't know about y'all, but I've still got bushels to do to get ready. The official celebration may be here in Canterlot, but the mayor put us in charge of one heck of a party back home."

Hearing that caused Twilight to frown in sadness.

"Aw, don't look like that, sugarcube." Applejack said, "You and Sonic get to be right there with the other Princesses when Celestia raises the sun."

"And I'm honored." Twilight said, "But, it's just that the Summer Sun Celebration is what first brought us all together in the first place. It just doesn't feel right not getting to spend such a special day with you all."

"It doesn't feel right to us either, darling." Rarity said, "If the Mayor wasn't so desperate for our assistance, we'd most certainly stay here in Canterlot. And of course we do understand that your royal duties must come first."

'One of the down sides of being royalty.' Sonic thought to himself after hearing that last bit before saying, "Royal duties aside, even if we're apart, we'll always be together, right guys?"

"You said it, Sonic." Everyone except for Sonic and Twilight exclaimed happily.

"Well, I better take us to the train station if you five plan on catching the train back to ponyville." Sonic said to the mane six (minus Twilight) before using chaos control to teleport everyone out of the castle.


Later at the train station, we find Sonic, Twilight, and Spike waving goodbye to the girls as they began to ride off on the train.

"We'll write to you guys and give you so many details, it'll be like you're still in Ponyville with us!" Pinkie exclaimed as the train left the station.

Once the train left the station, Twilight let out an upset sigh.

"What's wrong Twilight?" Spike asked.

"I can't help it, Spike." Twilight said, "They've only been gone a minute, and I already feel like I'm missing something.

The moment Twilight said that, a mailpony walked up to them before presenting them a letter.

"For the Princess." The mailpony said before handing Sonic the letter and walking off.

Although confused, Sonic opened the letter before reading:
Dear Twilight, you aren't missing anything.
Your friend,

Pinkie Pie

"That's me!!!" Pinkie exclaimed in the distance.

"Classic Pinkie." Sonic simply said as he shook his head.


Later that night night in Twilight and Spike's guest room, we see Spike going through a check list.

"Check, check, check, check, and... check! Huh, whaddaya know? We're way ahead of schedule!" Spike exclaimed in surprise, "with the Celebration not being until the day after tomorrow, we could still fit in a quick trip to Ponyville and be back in plenty of time to finish off these last few things before the main event!"

"That would be nice, Spike, but what if something else came up while we were gone?" Twilight asked in an upset tone, "What if we were delayed getting back and I wasn't able to finish everything on that list? What if we lost the list on the way to Ponyville and then couldn't remember which things we'd done and which things we hadn't done, and then spent so much time trying to figure out what we hadn't done and what we had done, and we ruined the entire Celebration by not doing the one really important thing that we were supposed to do?!"

"Well first, I suggest that you take a deep breath and calm down." Replied a voice.

Turning towards the voice, Twilight and Spike found Sonic and Princess Celestia at the entrance of their room.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight exclaimed as she quickly bowed.

"There is no need for that now, Princess Twilight." Princess Celestia said.

"Sorry!" Twilight apologized as she and Spike got back up.

"There is no need to apologize Twilight." Princess Celestia giggled.

"Sorry!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Jeez Twilight, you need to stop to be so jumpy whenever my mom is in the same room as you." Sonic said, "Since you're a princess now, just talk to her as if you're talking to me or our friends."

"It's not my fault!" Twilight countered, "It's a force of habit!"

After gigging for a moment, Princess Celestia said, "That aside, I must admit that it is wonderful to actually be looking forward to the Summer Sun Celebration."

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"For my subjects, it has always been a celebration of my defeat of Nightmare Moon, but for me..." Princess said paused with a sigh before saying, "It was just a terrible reminder that I'd had to banish my own sister."

"I guess I never really thought about it that way." Twilight said with remorse in her voice.

After a moment, Princess Celestia smiled before saying, "But now it has become a wonderful reminder of her transformation back into Princess Luna, and our happy reunion. I am so pleased that you and Sonic will be playing a role in the festivities. I know it must have been difficult to see your friends return to Ponyville without you.

Twilight winced before saying, "Maybe a little."

"You may no longer be my student, Princess Twilight, but I hope you know that I will always be here if you need me." Princess Celestia said, "Just as I hope that you will always be there when I need you."

After processing that information for a moment, Twilight said, "I will princess."

"Looks like someone else needs you right now, Twilight." Sonic said before gesturing towards the mailpony who had walked in.

"A message for Princess Twilight." The mailpony said before giving Twilight the letter and walking off.

When Twilight opened the letter, a party popper that was somehow inside it went off in her face.

"If I had to guess, was that from Pinkie?" Sonic asked in a playful tone.

"It's not too important at the moment." Twilight replied before turning towards Spike, "Now where were we?"

"About to call it a night?" Spike said hopefully.

Twilight thought about for a moment before saying, "We should probably go over the checklist one more time."

"I knew you were gonna say that." Spike groaned.

"Classic Twilight." Sonic said as he shook his head.

"Well, I suppose we should leave you two then." Princess Celestia said before she and Sonic exited the room.

"I know we already assured her that she's ready, but I hope Twilight doesn't let the stress get to her." Sonic said as he and Princess Celestia walked through the halls of the castle.

"I'm confident with our help that she'll be perfectly fine." Princess Celestia assured him.

"You're right, but to think, after all those years of being your student, she herself is a princess now." Sonic said, "Who would have thought of it?"

"Even if she didn't gain her very own wings, I personally would picture Twilight being a princess considering she's learning just about everything I know." Princess Celestia responded before playfully adding, "Although I knew the spell you and Twilight used would give you something me, Luna, Cadence, and now Twilight have in common, I didn't expect it to change your appearance as well."

"You and me both." Sonic said before asking, "Wait a minute, what do you mean I have something you, Aunt Luna, Cadence, and Twilight have in common? What is it?"

"It's best if I tell you some other time." Princess Celestia responded, "For now, I believe it's best if you call it a night. You will be busy tomorrow with both the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration, and with Twilight's flying lessons."

"Guess you got a point there." Sonic said before giving Princess Celestia a hug and saying, "Goodnight mom."

Princess Celestia returned the embrace with her wings and giving Sonic a quick nuzzle before saying, "Goodnight Sonic."

After a moment, the two separated before walking away in opposite directions of the hall.

As Sonic walked away however he felt a chill go down his spine.

'Why do I get the feeling something bad is going to happen?' Sonic thought to himself before teleporting to his room, unaware of the black vine that sprouted from the floor, which slithered in the direction Princess Celestia walked in.


The next morning in Sonic's room, said hedgehog was rising out of his bed.

"A brand new day!" Sonic exclaimed to himself, "Time to go get some breakfast before- WHAT THE HECK!?!"

Looking out of his balcony in shock, Sonic saw that both the sun and the moon where in the sky with both daylight, and the night sky evenly split apart.

"I better go find mom and Aunt Luna and find out what's going on here!" Sonic said as he got out of bed and put his shoes on before rushing put of his room.

As he opened the door, he saw that Twilight and Spike were about to knock."

"I trust you know why we're here." Twilight said.

"Doesn't exactly take a genius to know why." Sonic responded, "I suppose you guys have no clue as to what's going on as well."

"Not even one." Spike replied.

Before the trio could continue their conversation, Two royal guards walked up to them.

"Prince Sonic, Princess Twilight, please come with us." Said one of the guards.

"What's wrong?" Sonic asked.

"It'll be best if we're somewhere more private first." Said the other guard.

After thinking about it for a moment, Sonic said, "Lead the way."

Nodding, the two guards lead the trio to the throne room.

Once the guards osed the door, Sonic said, "Now that we're alone, you please tell us what's going on?"

"Of course, it's about Princess Celestia and Princess Luna." Began one of the guards.

"They're gone!" The other guard finished.

"WHAT!?!" Exclaimed the trio.

"What do you mean they're gone?!" Sonic demanded.

"They both vanished without a trace and we can't find them anywhere." Explained one of the guards, "Which is why we came to you and Princess Twilight."

"We await your command." Said the other guard.

"Our command!?" Twilight asked, taken completely off guard.

"We're officers of the royal guard, we take our orders from royalty." Explained one of the guards, "With Princess Luna and Princess Celestia gone, and Princess Cadance overseeing the Crystal Empire now, that means we take our orders from the both of you. Prince Sonic, Princess Twilight, there's no time to waste, we need to know what you want us to do."

After taking in the guards' words for a moment, Twilight said, "Continue the search for Princess Luna and Princess Celestia."

"We'll have to find them before ponies start to panic." Sonic said, "There must be some clue that can tell us where they are. If you find something, anything, let us know immediately."

"Yes your highnesses!" Both guards said.

Before anything else could happen, a third guard burst through the throne room doors before exclaiming, "Your highnesses! News from Ponyville! The Everfree Forest appears to be... well...invading!"

"What!?!" Twilight and Spike exclaimed.

"You already have your orders, now go!" Sonic said the royal guards, "Me and Twilight will personally check on ponyville."

"Yes your highness!" Said the first two royal guards before they rushed out of the throne room.

"We need to get to ponyville, fast!" Twilight exclaimed, "Sonic, use chaos control to teleport us there!"

"Not so fast Twilight, first I think we might need- these." Sonic said as teleported away before returning with the Elements of Harmony, "Second, there is another way to get us to ponyville that's still give us good time."

"What would that be?" Twilight asked as she put her element on.

"Aside from getting the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration ready, what were we going to do today?" Sonic asked.

After taking a moment to realize what he meant, Twilight groaned before asking, "Do we have to?"

"Better now than later." Sonic said before using the chaos emeralds to turn into his super form, "Now let's go!"

After grabbing Spike, Super Sonic led Twilight to a nearby balcony and after helping Twilight get airborne, the trio sped their way to ponyville.


After a wobbly flight (in Twilight's case), the trio saw that ponyville was in panic all ponies were seen fleeing from the creepy vines that surrounded their homes.

"This is definitely getting out of hand!" Super Sonic said as be blasted a vine that tried to grab Twilight.

"Let's go to the library and see if the girls are there or not." Twilight suggested.

Nodding in agreement, Sonic teleported himself, Twilight, and Spike into the library where they say that the rest of the mane six where in fact there.

"Sonic! Twilight! Spike! Thank goodness you're here!" Rarity exclaimed.

"We were having trouble trying to get rid of those vines and when we felt that we were overwhelmed, we decided to find here in hopes that you would show up." Fluttershy said.

"And with perfect timing too!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "I don't think ponyville could take anymore of this for much longer, but it's a good thing Princess Celestia sent you two to help out."

Hearing that caused Super Sonic, Twilight, and Spike to wince.

"Actually, my mom and Aunt Luna are... gone." Super Sonic said.

"What do y'all mean they're gone!?" Applejack asked in shock.

"We don't know!" Twilight replied, "They seemed to have disappeared overnight without a single clue as to where they could be. But despite that, I'm definite we'll be needing the Elements of Harmony."

"And considering all the chaotic events that's happening right now, I think we all know who's responsible for this." Super Sonic said as he and Twilight handed the rest of the Elements of Harmony to their respective bearer.

Nodding in understanding, everyone exited the library before the mane six formed a circle.

After getting in position, Twilight began to activate her element, making the gem atop her crown glow. The others followed suit as the six mares began to hover in the air.

The Elements of Harmony began to release a rainbow light that formed the circle they stood in, curling straight to the Element of Magic.

Twilight then unleashed the magic in the center of the circle, creating a rainbow tornado to swirl in front of them.

As the rainbow tornado began to disappear, Twilight used the elements' power to call Discord to them.

The draconequus in question surprisingly appeared in a bathtub, taking a shower while brushing his back and singing.

"When you walk away, you don't hear me say-" Discord sang before noticing that he wasn't in a bathroom.

Letting out a feminine shriek, Discord covered himself with a pink towel before angrily exclaiming, "Excuse me! I was in the middle of a shower! You don't have to use that little spell Celestia taught you to call me whenever you feel like it!"

"Zip it, Discord!" Twilight exclaimed, "Release Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, and stop the Everfree Forest from invading!"

"Why, whatever are you talking about?" Discord chuckled.

"Don't you play dumb with us, Discord!" Applejack exclaimed, "We know you're the one behind all of this!"

"Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love what you've done with the place, but I couldn't possibly take responsibility." Discord protested, "I'm reformed, don't you remember?"

"You might be reformed now, but I doubt you would take it seriously." Super Sonic said, "Like when we tried to reform you in the first place, despite what happened when we first met, me and Fluttershy were willing to give you a chance (even though I was more cautious and stern than her), but you simply toyed with us!"

"Everyone please, I'm innocent." Discord insisted, "Would I lie to you?"

"Yes!" Everyone except Fluttershy replied.

"Well then, it seems we've reached an impasse." Discord said, "I'm telling the truth, but you think I'm lying. What do friends like us do in a situation like this,Princess Twilight? Congrats, by the way, on the promotion. You totally deserve it. And I like the new look Sonic, your old appearance was kinda bland after a while."

"I say we blast him back to stone!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Works for me!" Applejack agreed.

"Hey, we can't do that!" Fluttershy exclaimed, "What if he really is telling the truth?"

"She does have a point." Super Sonic agreed, "Although I have my doubts, Discord could actually being helpful by saying the truth."

"Well, finally!" Discord exclaimed, "Somepony willing to give me the benefit of the doubt. The rest of you could learn a lot about friendship from my dear friends Shutterfly, and Sonic here."

"Um, it's Fluttershy." Fluttershy corrected.

"Oh, right, whatever." Discord said.

"If you're not the one responsible, then help us figure out who is!" Twilight exclaimed.

"I suppose I could, but after all the hoof pointing and besmirching of my good name, I just don't know if I'm up to it." Discord said before crossing his arms.

"I suggest that you do unless you want me to pummel you until you do decide to help." Super Sonic said before cracking his knuckles.

"Why don't you ask your zebra friend if she knows anything?" Discord suggested as he gestures towards Zecora who was dragging a cart full of her belongings.

"Zecora!" Twilight exclaimed before she and the group rushed towards the zebra.

"From my home, I have had to flee! The forest has grown too wild, even for me!" Zecora said.

"Any idea why all this is happenin'?" Applejack asked.

"I'm afraid it is a mystery to me as well, but I may have something that, if combined with a spell." Zecora said before pulling out a potion bottle filled with a purple liquid, "I do not dare to use it myself, the results would be tragic. It only responds to Alicorn magic. Princess Twilight, you can turn the potion from purple to white. After a sip, you may see why the sky is day and night."

Getting what Zecora meant, Twilight pointed her horn at the potion before unleashing a small beam at the bottle, causing the liquid within to change from purple to white.

Once that was done, Twilight used her magic to grab the potion before taking a swig of it.

"I don't think it's wor-" Twilight began before her eyes suddenly began to glow white.

"Twilight, are you okay?" Super Sonic asked before placing his hand on the mare's back, before his eyes began to glow white as well.


Looking around in confusion, Twilight and Super Sonic now find themselves in what appeared to be a castle that they didn't recognize but somehow felt familiar, with the former surprised to see the latter.

"Sonic!? What are you doing here, and where are we?" Twilight asked.

"I don't have a single clue." Super Sonic responded, "After you drank that potion Zecora gave you, your eyes began to glow white, and when I touched your back to see if you were fine, I suddenly blacked out before finding myself here."

Before the duo could continue their conversation, their heard a voice say with great hostility, "Not. Another. Step!"

Turning towards the voice, the duo saw Princess Luna appear from.the darkness.

"Aunt Luna?" Super Sonic asked, "Where are we? And where did you and mom disappear to?"

Instead of an answer, the duo saw a dark aura form around the alicorn, with the energy feeling extremely familiar to Super Sonic.

"Do you honestly think you can just let me sit idly by while they all bask in your precious light?" Luna questioned spitefully, which only confused Twilight and Super Sonic, "There shall only be one princess in Equestria! And that princess...well be ME!"

Princess Luna's eyes bagan to glow as she slammed her forehooves onto the floor before using her magic to raise the moon, blotting out the sun and creating a solar eclipse, darkening the sky and forcibly bringing the night. Princess Luna's body then began to transform.

Twilight and Super Sonic watched as Princess Luna had grown taller, her coat turned black, her mane and tail turning more gaseous like it was made out of the night sky, fangs growing out of her cackling maw, and the pupils of her eyes turning into slits like a reptile's, and blue armor began to form on her body.

The duo stared in shock (and a bit of anger for Super Sonic) as they began to recognize who now stood before them.

"Nightmare Moon!" The duo exclaimed.

PreviousChapters Next