• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,625 Views, 425 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 425
 11,625

PreviousChapters Next
Ending the Nightmare

Sonic and the Timberwerehog were giving each other death-stares at each other as everyone else was caught off guard by Nightmare Moon's actions.

Wanting to know why Nightmare Moon made the the Timberwerehog, Twilight asked, "Why would you want to make something that resembles Sonic?"

"I got tired of him defeating me, so I decided to create a creature that can match him, in almost every way." Nightmare Moon replied.

"Hmph, it'll take more than a faker to take me down." Sonic said.

"I may be a faker, but I'm more than enough to defeat you." The Timberwerehog responded.

"It can talk!?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"It can do more than just talk." Nightmare Moon said, "My Timberwerehog is capable of doing all of Sonic's attacks, meaning there's no surprising it."

"We'll see about that!" Sonic said he got into a battle stance.

"And with is at his side, this should be a piece of cake!" Rainbow Dash said, getting into a battle stance herself.

"No, this is my fight Rainbow, you and the others need to save your strength." Sonic said as he moved an arm in front of said mare.

"As much as I'd like to watch this, I need to make my leave." Nightmare Moon said before turning her attention towards the Timberwerehog, "I expect you to destroy them all and to bring me both the Elements of Harmony and the chaos emeralds when you do."

"Don't worry my queen, I will not fail you." The Timberwerehog said as he bowed at Nightmare Moon before turning his attention towards Sonic.

"I hope not." Nightmare Moon said before turning into her purple smoke form and flying off.

Once she was gone Sonic said, "You may have been created, but I hope you're ready for the worst knockout ever."

"Don't be foolish, there is no way your inferior self could possibly defeat me!" Timberwerehog responded.

"Just because you were made to match me in almost every way doesn't mean your better than me." Sonic said.

"I plan to show you otherwise," Timberwerehog said before suddenly yelling, "shadow spear!"

With that, what appeared to be a purple version of chaos spear is shot at Sonic as said werehog dodges out of the way.

"Whoa! Nightmare Moon wasn't lying when she said that the Timberwerehog knows Sonic's attacks." Pinkie exclaimed.

"She's right, no one else but Sonic can do chaos spear." Twilight pointed out, "And how are you able to do it without chaos energy?"

"Amazed?" Timberwerehog asked, "It's like master said, I'm capable of using all of your attacks. And as for the type of energy I use, due to not having access to those so called chaos emeralds, she decided to give me the ability to produce her magic on my own so I wouldn't have to worry about unintentionally wearing myself out.

"So your attacks are made of Nightmare Moon's magic, seeing everything that stuff has done for the last few nights I guess that makes sense." Sonic admitted.

"Enough talk!" Timberwerehog barked, "It's time to meet your end!"

With that, Sonic and the Timberwerehog charges at each other until the latter stretches his wooden arm at the former, who dodges the attack before grabbing the arm and swung him into some nearby trees.

After getting back up, the Timberwerehog looks at Sonic then smirks before suddenly vanishing in a purple flash.

"Were you-" Sonic said before receiving a kick in the back of the head that sent him into a nearby bolder.

"Think you can keep track of me when use shadow control?" Timberwerehog mocked.

"How about we find out!" Sonic exclaimed before charging at the Timberwerehog again.

There is then a quick montage of the duo duking it out with the Timberwerehog gut punching Sonic, Sonic uppercutting the Timberwerehog, the Timberwerehog giving Sonic a left swing, and Sonic roundhouse kicking the Timberwerehog in the back of the head.

After knocking each other back, they both begin how they should deal with each other.

'I'll admit, he's tough but I need to get him out of the way if me and the others plan to stop Nightmare Moon.' Sonic thought.

'He is stronger than I thought, I should get rid of him quickly if I plan to please master.' Timberwerehog thought.

With that the two smirk at each other.

"chaos..." Sonic said as a red aura forms around him.

"shadow..." Timberwerehog said as a purple aura forms around him.

"Not again!" Twilight exclaimed before surrounding herself and the others in a barrier.

After a moment, the two rivals yell, "BLAST!" before two beams are fired at each other. Once they collided, they immediately caused an explosion that was powerful enough to vaporize a few nearby trees.

Once the explosion died down, Sonic decided to wait for the smoke to clear so that he regain his strength a bit.

'The only downside to using chaos blast without being in my super form is that I always get winded after using it." Sonic thought to himself.

Suddenly the Timberwerehog's arm comes out of the smoke and nails Sonic in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

The smoke was finally beginning to clear and everyone was surprised to see the Timberwerehog walking towards Sonic, not even showing a hint of exhaustion.

"But how!?" Was all Sonic could say.

"As I said, I can't produce my master's magic and can use any of your attacks without wearing myself out." Timberwerehog smugly answered, "Now it's time I finished this!"

The Timberwerehog let's out a howl before a green aura begins to surround him.

Before Sonic could react, the Timberwerehog suddenly charges at him with great speed before hitting Sonic with a barrage of punches. He then grabs one of Sonic's arms and begins to swing him around before throwing him into the air. When Sonic falls back down and is about to hit the ground, the Timberwerehog punches him in the face which causes him to crash into some trees before falling to the ground like a ragdoll.

"SONIC!" The group yells as they tried to aid him, only to stop when a shadow spear is shot in the ground in front of them.

"Sorry but I'm not done with him." Timberwerehog said, "You'll have to wait your turn.

"What do you mean!? He's clearly had enough!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"We'll I think otherwise and my master ordered me to have you all destroyed." Timberwerehog answered.

"If that's the cause, than give us your best shot!" Shining Armor yelled as he scraped a hoof against the ground.

"Don't worry I will, I just have a werehog to finish first." Timberwerehog said.

As they argued, Sonic tried his best to get back up but the pain he's was suffering from made that extremely difficult.

'Come Sonic, you need to get up!' Sonic thought to himself, 'I would use the chaos emeralds but I need to save those for Nightmare Moon. I only have one option left, but I pray to my mother that it works!'

Sonic then begins to concentrate harder than he ever has in his life in hopes to achieve his goal.

"I hope you enjoyed your life werehog because I'm about to finish it!" Timberwerehog said as he turned his attention towards Sobic and began to make his way towards him.

"I still have one more thing up my sleeve!" Sonic weakly said.

"Oh? And what would that be?" Timberwerehog asked.

Instead of a response, the Timberwerehog saw a blueish-black aura form around Sonic, causing him to stop.

"What's this?!?" The Timberwerehog exclaimed.

Sonic then began to stand up, his fur darkening until it was nearly black (the areas that were white turned gray). Once he was up he slowly turns towards the Timberwerehog and reveals his completely white eyes.

"What kind of magic is this!?!" Timberwerehog exclaimed, "Master never informed me about a transformation like this!"

"That's because your 'master' doesn't know about this" Dark Sonic responded in a much deeper voice.

"What are you!?" Timberwerehog demanded.

"I'm Dark Sonic, Dark Sonic the Werehog!" Dark Sonic replied before vanishing into thin air.

"What -" Timberwerehog tried to say before receiving an uppercut from Dark Sonic.

The Timberwerehog was surprised at Dark Sonic's speed but decided to use his stretchy arms to hit him which proved pointless as Dark Sonic grabbed them in him palms before giving them a pull, which caused the Timberwerehog to fly towards him.

Once he was close enough, Dark Sonic punched the Timberwerehog in the face, which dug him into the ground. When the Timberwerehog got back up, he was met with a barrage punches before being knocked into a large bolder and became stuck into it.

The Timberwerehog tried to free himself but couldn't because of the beating heart just received. He then noticed Dark Sonic looking at him before he made a large chaos spear in his hand.

"You may defeat me now, but my master will destroy you all and take over equestria!" Timberwerehog barked.

"Not unless me and my friends have something to say about it." Dark Sonic said before throwing the chaos spear.

When the chaos spear made contact with the Timberwerehog, it exploded both him and the bolder he was stuck to into pieces, doing so caused the magic that was in him to escape and fly off to rejoin with Nightmare Moon.

Dark Sonic stood there for a moment before suddenly powering down from his dark form and began to breathe heavily.

"Sonic! Are you okay!?" Twilight exclaimed as she and the others ran to his side.

"I'm fine, Just a little winded is all." Sonic responded.

"Why did your dark form end so quickly?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"If I had to guess, I'd say most of the energy was used to heal my body since I'm not aching all over right now." Sonic responded.

"Either way you managed to use your dark form without the need for anger, which means you can use it whenever you want." Shining Armor said.

"I wouldn't be so sure, I had to concentrate really hard and I have a bit of a headache for doing so, that should mean I still have a long way to go before I can use my dark form whenever I please." Sonic said.

"I hate to ruin the moment but we still need to stop Nightmare Moon." Rarity said.

Right, let's get moving then." Sonic said before he and the group continue to make their way towards Nightmare Moon's hideout.


About a few minutes later, the group found themselves outside the the royal sisters' castle.

"Probably should of know Nightmare Moon was hiding out here." Applejack said as they stood outside.

"Doesn't matter if we saw it coming or not at this point," Sonic said, "What matters now is that we get in there and stop Nightmare Moon for good!"

"Do you think you're ready Sonic?" Twilight asked, still concerned about the beating he suffered earlier.

"We've already been through this Twilight, my body began to heal itself when I turned into my dark form." Sonic assured.

"It's just that I'm worried about you, I couldn't stand it when I saw you get beat up by that Timberwerehog earlier." Twilight said in a worried tone.

Not wanting to see his his friend so upset, Sonic begins to pat Twilight's head. "Hey, no need to get upset over it, just remember that no matter what gets in our way, I'll always have you all for support and vice versa, plus it'll take more than that to take down Prince Sonic the hedgehog."

After heard what Sonic said, Twilight quickly realises that he was right and that she was probably worried for nothing.

"You're right, now what do you say we take down Nightmare Moon?!" Twilight asked with confidence.

"Now you're speaking my language! Sonic said, "Now let's end this Nightmare once and for all!"

With that, the heros storm into the castle and find Nightmare Moon in the thrown room waiting for them.

"I see that you have defeated my Timberwerehog." Nightmare Moon said.

"Like I said, it'll take more than a faker to take me down." Sonic said back.

"Nevertheless, I am almost fully restored and am capable of defeating you myself." Nightmare Moon said.

"Not going to happen!" Sonic exclaimed.

"It will, but in the meantime I'll be getting the rest of my magic back." Nightmare Moon said as her horn begins to glow.

After that, Sonic begins grunting before falling to his knees. He then struggles to get back up until he let's out a yell. Purple smoke can be seen exiting his body before it's absorbed by Nightmare Moon. Soon enough, Sonic slowly changes back into his normal self.

"My magic is finally restored!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed, "Now it's time for my revenge!"

Once he got back up, Sonic says in response, "More like time to get your flank kicked again."

"Yeah! And with our help, you can kiss your flank goodbye!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Enough!" Nightmare Moon yelled, "Despite wanting revenge on you all, I have a score to settle with you hedgehog!"

"Sorry Moonie, but you're outnumbered right now and with is having both the chaos emeralds and the Elements of Harmony, you have no chance of winning." Sonic said.

"Then how about I even the odds a little." Nightmare Moon said before trapping everyone but Sonic in a purple barrier.

"Oh no! We can't hit Nightmare Moon now that were trapped in here!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"It looks like it's up to you Sonic, weaken Nightmare as much as you can and see if you can shatter this barrier!" Twilight called.

"Will do Twilight." Sonic responded while giving her a thumbs up.

"Are you ready to be destroyed?" Nightmare Moon smugly asked.

"Nope, but I am ready to kick your flank." Sonic said as he summoned the chaos emeralds.

Nightmare Moon fired a beam at Sonic in an attempt to stop his transformation, but just like he did a few hours ago, he blocked the attack with chaos shield. The chaos emeralds then began to circle around him as they each had a rainbow aura around themselves. There was then a bright flash and Hyper Sonic could be seen smirking at Nightmare Moon.

"I hope you're ready for round two because it's time to end this!" Hyper Sonic said.

"I agree, only you'll be my newest servant once I'm done with you!" Nightmare Moon said.

"Not going to happen!" Hyper Sonic exclaimed before charging at Nightmare Moo with a homing attack.

Nightmare Moon quickly surrounds herself in a barrier and watches Hyper Sonic deflect off of it. She then charges her horn before launching a large ball into the air, the ball then bursts and creates a rain of magic bolts. Hyper Sonic had some difficulty dodging the bolts but was able to not get hit.

Angered, Nightmare Moon charges at Hyper in an attempt to ram him. However she didn't get the chance because Hyper Sonic used chaos control and made her move in slow motion. Given the opportunity, Hyper Sonic flies up to Nightmare Moon and delivers a roundhouse kick in the back of the head that sent her to the ground.

After getting back up, Nightmare Moon quickly creates one of her minions before absorbing it again, healing herself in the process.

"What the!?" Hyper Sonic exclaimed.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Rainbow Dash called out.

"Do I look like a mare who plays fair?" Nightmare Moon mockingly asked.

"Maybe I should teach you to!" Hyper Sonic exclaimed as he teleports behind Nightmare Moon and spindashes her in the back.

After getting hit, Nightmare then launches more balls of magic that then burst into more bolts of magic that seemed impossible to dodge.

Nightmare Moon was about to protect herself with another barrier but was hit by a chaos spear in the chest, when she turned towards Hyper Sonic, she found both him and herself had began to be pelted by her own magic bolts.

The bolts forced the both of them to the ground before stopping, leaving them badly bruised. Nightmare Moon then creates another minion, and just like before, absorbed it again to heal herself.

"Getting tired?" Nightmare Moon asked.

'It's no use!' Hyper Sonic thought to himself, 'No matter how much I damage her, she'll just heal herself until I'm down for the count! But I some how have to beat her! Everyone pony in equestria is counting on me and I can't let them down! And all my friends and family are going to get hurt if I don't do something! I need to win!'

It was at that moment the Elements of Harmony began to glow.

"Twilight, what is happening to the Elements of Harmony!?" Cadence asked as she and the others took notice of this.

"I don't know!" Twilight responded.

The Elements of Harmony then levitated off their respective bearer before effortlessly passing through Nightmare Moon's barrier before making their way towards Hyper Sonic.

Once they reached Hyper Sonic, they began to circle around him.

Not wanting to find out what was going to happen, Nightmare Moon fires a beam at him, but it was blocked by rainbow barrier.

Now knowing what was happening, Hyper Sonic closes his eyes and allows the Elements to accept him.

Nightmare Moon was about to charge at him when a bright flash blinds her while simultaneously dispelling the barrier that was trapping the mane six and the royal couple.

When the flash died down, everyone saw that Hyper Sonic's white fur had become rainbow colored and that his rainbow aura was much bigger than before.
(Ignore the wisps around him)

"Impossible! The Elements of Harmony can only have one bearer at a time!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed.

"I guess they decided to change that." Rainbow Sonic said.

Frustrated, Nightmare Moon fires a beam at Rainbow Sonic but when the beam hit him, he was unaffected.

"What!?!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed.

"Looks like your dark magic can no longer harm me, Nightmare Moon." Rainbow Sonic said with a smirk, "Now it's my turn!"

Knowing what he meant, Nightmare Moon darts out of the castle in an attempt to save herself.

Not wanting her to get away, Rainbow Sonic points his palm in the direction Nightmare Moon fled in before firing a large rainbow colored beam.

Nightmare Moon notices the beam gaining on her and attempted to get out of the way, but the beam was too quick for her as she was quickly engulfed by it.

"NOOOOOOO!" Nightmare Moon screams before vanishing from existence.

After sensing Nightmare Moon's magic deplete completely, Rainbow Sonic flew back down to the others before powering down to his normal self (while wearing all the Elements of Harmony).

"That was awesome!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "The way you shrugged off Nightmare Moon's attack like it was nothing was just amazing!"

"Before we get too distracted on how cool that was, we should get back to the castle and inform the Princesses about this." Twilight said.

"Aww come on Twilight, can't we at least talk about it a little?" Pinkie asked.

"Don't worry Pinkie, you can talk all about it once we get to the castle." Sonic assured as he gave the girls their respective Elements back.

"If you say so." Pinkie said.

Being that everyone was already close to each other, Sonic simply used chaos control and teleported them all back to the castle.


About half an hour later in the castle, Sonic and co. had just finished explaining about the events that took place in the Everfree Forest and how Sonic was able to use the Elements of Harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon once and for all.

"Quite the story you all told us." Princess Celestia said, "And I am ever greatful to hear that we no longer have to worry about Nightmare Moon ever again."

"One thing I want to know is how was I able to use the Elements of Harmony?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah and don't the Elements of Harmony only allowed one being to use their power?" Twilight added.

"Not entirely, only those with pure hearts can use the Elements of Harmony, and Sonic has that and has the factors that each Element represents." Princess Celestia answered.

"So those with a pure heart can use the Elements, huh?" Sonic said.

"Try not to worry about it too much." Princess Celestia said.

"She's right you know," Princess Luna added before saying, "Plus you all must be tired, why don't you all go to bed and regain your strength?"

"After all that action, some shut eye doesn't seem like a bad idea." Rainbow Dash said before letting out a yawn.

"I'm with Dash, bucking all of those minions really took a lot out of me." Applejack said.

"Then it is decided." Princess Celestia said before turning towards the guards near the door, "Guards, please take them to their rooms."

"Yes Princess." The guards said before leading everyone to their rooms.


Later that night in Sonic's dreams, Sonic found himself found himself wondering around in the same black void as before until he spots Dark Sonic waiting for him.

"You wanted to talk to me about something?" Sonic asked.

"Follow me." Dark Sonic responded as he turned around and began walking.

As they walked Dark Sonic said, "The reason why I wanted to talk to you was about something concerning our new guest."

"You mean Rainbow? What's wrong, don't like his color?" Sonic joked.

"I'm not talking about him, it's about him." Dark Sonic said as he pointed in front of himself.

When Sonic looked where he was pointing, he saw an unconscious werehog who had Super Sonic and Rainbow Sonic next to him.

"Werehog?! But I thought he was as good as gone when Nightmare Moon took her magic back." Sonic said.

"Doesn't seem that way, by the guy won't wake up." Super Sonic said.

"I also wanted to show you something I had found out about him." Dark Sonic said.

With that Super Sonic and Rainbow Sonic took turns touching the Werehog on the head with absolutely no response.

"As you saw when Rainbow and Super came in contact with him nothing happened, but watch as I make contact with him." Dark Sonic said before touching the Werehog's head, causing it to let out a low moan and a slight twitch from it's ear.

"A reaction, not too big, but still a reaction." Sonic said.

"That's right, it would seem that he may be attracted to my dark energy." Dark Sonic said.

"Are you saying if I use my dark form when I wake up, Werehog might become active again?" Sonic asked.

"Not entirely." Dark Sonic responded, "If you were to do that, we would only get the same result you just saw. The dark energy would have to come from an external source."

"How would that be possible?" Sonic asked, "So far, I'm the only one who can use the emerald's dark energy, and I doubt it would be a good idea to see if anypony else can use it."

"Well the only thing I could do is maintain contact with him and slowly but surely make him active again."

After thinking about it for a bit, Sonic then responds, "Okay, but don't tire yourself out in case I need you."

"We both know that won't happen." Dark Sonic said.

"Then I'll leave you to it." Sonic said before a white flash engulfs them.


The next morning, Sonic, Spike, and the mane six were in their way back to ponyville via the friendship express.

As they rode, though to himself, 'Well Sonic, you just finished yet another adventure that required you to save equestria yet again, and I somehow believe that's only the tip of the iceberg. But no matter what obstacle is put in my way, me and the girls will always find a way through it.'

Sonic then looks at the others and sees them in a conversation before laughing at something Pinkie said.

Seeing this put a smile on his face as he layed back and enjoyed the rest of the ride.

PreviousChapters Next