• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,625 Views, 425 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 425
 11,625

PreviousChapters Next
Crown Theif

It's been about a week since Twilight became a princess and now find the group making their way through the crystal empire towards the crystal castle to attend the princess summit.

"Your very first princess summit, you're not nervous, are you Twilight?" Sonic (who was wearing his cape and crown) asked.

"I'm not going to lie, I kinda am." Twilight (who was wearing her element of magic) admitted, "But I'm also feeling excited about it."

"You're 'nervicited'!" Pinkie suddenly exclaimed, "It's like you wanna jump up and down and yell "YAY ME!!" But you also wanna curl up in a teeny-tiny ball and hide at the same time! We've all been there!"

"I'm kinda like that all the time." Fluttershy said.

"Nervousness aside, I'm sure everything will be alright." Sonic said.

"I guess you do have a point Sonic." Twilight said, "Besides, what could go wrong?"

'If I had a bit for every time I heard one of the girls say that.' Sonic thought to himself as he, Spike, and the mane six arrive outside the crystal castle.


"Their highnesses, Princess Twilight Sparkle, and Prince Sonic the Hedgehog." Announced one of the crystal guards as said duo and the rest of the group entered the throne room where Princesses Celestia, Luna, and Cadence where waiting for them.

"Sonic! Twilight! I haven't seen you since the coronation." Cadence said as she walked up to the duo.

"Come on Cadence, it was only a week ago." Sonic said as he and Cadence exchanged a quick hug.

"We have so much to discuss, but it can wait until tomorrow." Princess Celestia spoke up as she and Princess Luna walked up, "You all look tired from your journey. Now, off to bed, all of you."


Later in Twilight's and Spike's room, we find said duo preparing to go to bed before stopping when Twilight let out a sigh.

"What's wrong Twilight?" Spike asked.

"I don't know, Spike. I'm just... worried, I guess." Twilight said, "Cadance was given the Crystal Empire to rule over. What if, now that I'm a princess, Celestia expects me to lead a kingdom of my own?"

"I wouldn't worry about that if I were you." Said a voice.

When the duo turned to see who it was, they saw Sonic at the door.

"Sonic! How long long have you been standing there?" Twilight asked.

"I was just passing by your room when I heard you talk about my mom possibly having you rule your very own kingdom." Sonic said as he walked in, "All I can say that is I find that quite silly."

"Why's that?" Twilight asked.

"Twilight, you just became a princess, I'm definite that my mom knows you're not ready for such a responsibility yet." Sonic replied, "Also, I've been a prince my whole life but you don't see me ruling some kingdom, do you?"

"I get what you're saying Sonic, but I'm talking about when the time actually comes." Twilight said, "I'm not completely sure I'd be a great leader."

"Come on Twilight, I'm sure you would find a way to handle it like you always do." Sonic said, "And remember what I said, I'll always be there to help you."

Twilight thought about Sonic's words for a moment before saying, "Thanks Sonic."

"No problem Twilight." Sonic said before making his way out, "Now we should get some shut-eye. We've got a busy day tomorrow."

"Right, goodnight Sonic." Twilight said.

"Goodnight Twilight, you too Spike." Sonic said before exiting.


Later that night in Twilight's and Spike's room, the pair could be found sound asleep in their beds with no signs of discomfort.

As they slept however, the door to their room slowly creeks open before a cloaked figure enters.

The figure makes it's way through the room before spotting Twilight's crown.

Using it's magic, the figure grabs the crown before replacing it with a replica.

With the crown in tow, the figure begins to make it's way out of the room.

Unfortunately, it didn't look where it was going and ended up tripping on Spike's tail and crashed near the door.

This caused Twilight and Spike to wake up and when Twilight saw that the figure had her crown, she exclaimed, "My crown! She's got my crown!"

The figure then makes a run for it.

Twilight quickly gives chase as Sonic and the rest of the girls are awakened by Twilight's scream.

"Stop! Thief! She's stolen my crown!" Twilight exclaimed as she ran past, causing everyone to give chase.

Using his speed, Sonic quickly catches up to the figure before grabbing it's cloak, causing her to stop in her tracks.

"Hand over the crown thief!" Sonic demanded.

As a response, the teleported out of its cloak, revealing itself as a light orange mare with red and yellow stripped mane and tail, before making another run for it.

Not wanting the mare to get away, Twilight quickly catched up to the mare before tackling her through a door.

Upon the duo making contact with the ground, the crown ended up falling out of the mare's saddlebag before bouncing towards a nearby mirror.

Instead of stopping, the crown ended up going inside the mirror.

Smirking, the mare teleported out of Twilight's grasp before sarcasticly saying, "Sorry Princess."

With that said, the mare hops into the mirror, leaving the group stunned at what they just witnessed.

"Who was that?" Fluttershy asked.

'And why did she somehow look familiar?' Sonic thought to himself.


The next morning, we find the group in the throne room with the Princesses.

"From the description of the mare that you all gave me, I was able to find out that her name is Sunset Shimmer." Princess Celestia said.

"Your former student?" Sonic asked as he began to recall knowing a filly with that name.

"That's right. She began her studies with me not long before Twilight. But when she did not get what she wanted as quickly as she liked, she turned cruel and dishonest." Princess Celestia explained, "I tried to help her, but she eventually decided to abandon her studies and pursue her own path. One that has sadly led to her stealing Twilight's crown."

"She replaced Twilight's crown with this one." Spike said as he showed the princess the fake.

"I suppose Sunset Shimmer thought you wouldn't notice right away that this was not yours. And by the time you did, it would be too late to go after your crown and Element of Harmony." Princess Celestia concluded as she led everyone to the room that had the mirror from last night.

"But I don't understand. Where did she go? Why did she take the crown?" Twilight asked she poked her hoof at the mirror.

"This is no ordinary mirror." Princess Luna spoke up, "It is a gateway to another world. A gateway that opens once every thirty moons. It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot Castle. But when Princess Cadance took over the Crystal Empire, we sent it here for her to watch over."

"I had always hoped that Sunset Shimmer would someday use it to return, to come back to Equestria seeking my guidance." Princess Celestia said before letting out a sigh, "Obviously, this is not what has happened."

"Twilight, you must use the mirror to go into this other world and retrieve your crown." Cadence spoke up, "Without it, the other Elements of Harmony have no power and Equestria is left without one of its most important means of defense."

"Your crown does not belong in the place Sunset Shimmer now calls home." Princess Luna said, "And in her possession, your Element of Harmony will no doubt be used to bring harm to the inhabitants of this other realm. They will not have the power to defend themselves."

"With that in mind, I'll go with Twilight and act as extra support in case we run into trouble." Sonic spoke up.

"Brilliant idea, Sonic." Princess Celestia said before turning to Twilight, "You understand the importance of your task?"

"Of course." Twilight replied.

"Good. Then you both must go at once before it's too late." Princess Celestia said.

"If that's the case, then we're going too!" Spike spoke up as the others nodded in agreement.

"I'm afraid you all can't." Princess Celestia said, "Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate world, creating havoc that would make it impossible for Sonic and Twilight to get the crown back from Sunset Shimmer. This is something they must do alone.

"Time is of the essence." Princess Luna said, "On the third day, when the moon reaches its peak in the night sky, the gateway will close. And once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you will be able to use it to return."

Nodding in understanding, Sonic and Twilight step in front of the mirror before turning their heads towards the group.

"Wish us luck." Sonic said before he and Twilight step through the mirror.

Shortly afterwards, Spike suddenly sprints towards the portal.

"Spike! No!" The rest of the group exclaimed.

But it was too late, Spike had already jumped through the portal.

Knowing there was nothing they could do, the group too Sonic's advice and began wish the trio luck and that they would make it back safely with the crown.

PreviousChapters Next