• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,727 Views, 425 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 425
 11,727

PreviousChapters Next
Everfree Forest

We now see the six mares and hedgehog just outside the Everfree Forest, everyone but Sonic seemed a bit nervous looking at the mix of moss-covered trees and brushes.

"Boy,I always feel a bit of a rush whenever I go to somewhere I've been to before!" Sonic said in an excited tone.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Pinkie asked as she made her way towards the forest, "Let's go!"

"Not so fast Pinkie." Twilight said causing said mare to stop,"We appreciate that you girls want to help, but I'm pretty sure me and Sonic can do it on our own."

"No can do sugarcude," Applejack protested, "There's no way we're letting friends of ours go into that creepy place by themselves. We're sticking to you two like caramel on a candy apple!" The others murmured in agreement with her.

"She's right Twilight," Sonic said, "Although I'm more than capable of protecting us both, I have the feeling the more of us there are, the better."

"Especially if there are candy apples in there." Everyone gave Pinkie an odd look. "What? Those things are good." Pinkie said in an excited tone.

Twilight looked at Sonic who simply shrugged. She then sighed in defeat.


Little while after they entered the Forest Twilight asked,"So, none of you have been in here before?"

"Ugh, heavens no! Just look at it - it's dreadful." Rarity gaged.

"Ain't natural is what it is." Applejack added, "Folks say it don't act the same as the rest of Equestria."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Twilight looked around uneasily.

"Nooopony knows." Rainbow Dash said in a spooky tone, grinning as she stalked towards Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie, "Ya know why?"

"Knock it off Rainbow Dash." Applejack said.

Rainbow ignored her, "'Cause nopony who's ever come in...has ever...come...OUT!"

If she hoped to scare them,but she didn't get to see, because at that moment, the ground they were on suddenly gave out from under them. Rainbow and Fluttershy were able to go airborn, but the rest of the group were sent screaming as they slid down a steep cliff!

"Hang on!" Sonic said as he used spindash to grab Rarity and wedge himself into the ground. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were able to catch Pinkie, but Twilight and Applejack continued towards the sudden drop. Applejack was lucky enough to grab an exposed root, but Twilight wasn't as lucky and continued to slide.

"Hold on! I'm a-comin'!" AJ said sliding down once again and reaching out her front hooves, "Grab on."

Twilight did just that just in time as the cliff disappeared from underneath her. Luckily, thanks to the exposed root, Applejack slowed down enough to come to a stop just at the cliff's edge.

"Applejack!" Twilight grunted, trying to get a hoofhold on the rocks, "What do I do?!"

The farm pony glanced around as if searching for an answer before looking her in the eye, "Let go."

"WHAT!?" Twilight glared, "Are you out of your mind!?"

"No. I promise, you'll be safe."

"That's not true!"

"Now listen here; what Ah'm sayin' here is the honest truth." She replied in a reassuring tone, "Let go and you'll be safe."

Twilight was prepared to say she was nuts, but for some reason she couldn't help but feel a measure of trust at what was said. With a second glance to Applejack, she took a deep breath...

And followed the advice.

"Twilight!" Sonic yelled as he saw her suddenly drop with Applejack looking over the edge.

"YAAAHHH!" Twilight screamed as she plummeted down. (Though she trusted Applejack's word, it still didn't mean the fall wasn't scary!) She wasn't sure how long she fell, but she was aware enough to feel her descent suddenly slow down. Risking a look, she cracked open an eye to see Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy had a hold of her, although Fluttershy seemed to struggling to hold her weight and accidently caused Twilight to fall the rest of the way (which was only 5 feet).

"Sorry," Fluttershy apologized,"I'm not used to carrying anything bigger than a bunny."

"Twilight!" Sonic called as he ran against the cliff wall like it was solid ground with Rarity in his arms to reach her. Once they where in front of Twilight Sonic let Rarity down and asked,"Are you alright!?"

"Yeah I am," Twilight said,"You'd have to thank Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy for that."

Once everyone was on the bottom of the cliff, everypony gathered around Sonic, impressed at how he got himself and Rarity down the cliff.

"That was awesome!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "How where you able to run on the cliff wall like that!?"

"Well due to the speed Sonic moves at,he can create enough friction to run along any surface." Twilight responded, only confusing the five other mares more.

"I'm running so fast, I can run on anything like it was solid ground." Sonic explained in a simpler way.

"Oooooh!" the 5 five mares said finally understanding, much to Twilight's annoyance.

"We better keep moving," Sonic said,"Those Elements of Harmony aren't going to find themselves."

Everypony nodded and they continued deeper into the Forest.


The group was continuing to make their way through the Forest.That is, until they all heard a loud roar.

"What was that!?" Twilight asked shakenly.

Her question was answered when a large lion-like beast, sporting wings and a scorpion tail,jumped from out the bushes and right in front of them.

"A manticore!" Twilight yelled as said beast charged at them.

After the group moved out of the way Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Twilight attacked the manicore. Sonic was about to fight it as well but he felt something didn't feel right. Almost like the manicore didn't mean them harm.

"Girls wait!" He Said trying to gain their attention but they were too focused on the manicore they didn't hear him.

Rainbow Dash circled the beast creating a rainbow tornado, but the manicore used it's tail and struck her,causing her to fall to the ground. Applejack he got on it's back and started to ride it. It didn't last long as the manicore with a powerful jump, made Applejack fall off. Twilight then tried using magic blasts on the beast but it hardly had any affect.

"Stop!" Fluttershy yelled, catching everyone's attention.

With everyone no longer attacking the manicore, Fluttershy and Sonic then made their way towards it.

"Fluttershy, wait" Rainbow Dash called.

"Sonic, what are you doing?" Twilight asked with great worry.

"Shhh... It's okay." Fluttershy said in a calm voice.

"Here let me get that." Sonic said as he reached for it's front left paw and showed the manicore it had a thorn embedded in it.

"Oh! You poor little thing!" Fluttershy said with concern.

"Little!?" Rainbow Dash responded with disbelief.

"Now this might hurt a little, but everything will be fine." Fluttershy said.

Sonic then grabbed the thorn and in a quick motion,yanked it out of the manicore's paw causing it to roar loudly.

The manticore then picked Sonic and Fluttershy up, letting out another loud roar as it did...then proceeded to lick their faces, purring happily.

"Ooh, you're just a little kitty, aren't you? Yes, you are! Yes, you are!" She giggled.

"You sure are the coolest cat I've ever seen." Sonic said as he scratched behind one of it's ears.

"How are they DOING that!?" Twilight whispered, "That's a MANTICORE! A large, cranky chunk of fauna! Just...I mean...it's...HOW!?"

After the manicore put them down, it then made it's way back through the bushes it appeared from.

"Guys,how did you know about the thorn?" Twilight asked.

"I Didn't." Fluttershy answered, "Sometimes we all just need a little kindness."

"I was about to say the same thing." Sonic said.

Twilight furrowed her brow in though briefly, then simply smiling before following


"Any idea how far we've gone?" Sonic asked as they continued their trek, "Feels like we've been going for miles."

"I wish I knew. The Everfree's never really been measured." Twilight answered him.

"Either way, I hope we get there soon." Rarity threw in her two bits, "My eyes need a rest from looking at all this awful muck." Her wish was answered when the forest canopy quickly became too thick for the moonlight to pass through, leaving them in complete darkness, "Well...I-I didn't mean literally!"

"Ugh, we could be right by the ruins and not even know it!" Twilight muttered as they all began feeling about blindly.

The group was blindly continued until...

*squish*

"Wait, Ah think Ah stepped in something."

It was then that Fluttershy let out an ear-splitting scream.

"It's just mud..." Applejack said, until she turned and saw exactly what made the pegasus shriek:

Right in front of her stood a monstrous, fang-lined maw.

"Ah!" She yelped, jumping back.

They quickly realized there were more; all around them were malevolent, snarling faces, every one of them baring jagged teeth and mouths large enough to fit a pony.

Then of all things they heard laughter and saw Pinkie in front of one of the faces.

"Pinkie get away from there." Twilight warned.

"Oh girls and Sonic, don't you see?" She started to dance as music played, "When I was a little filly and the sun was going down..."

"Tell me she's not..." Twilight deadpanned.

"The darkness and the shadows, they would always make me frown..."

"She is." Sonic said.

"I'd hide under my pillow, from what I thought I saw, but Granny Pie said that wasn't the way, to deal with fears at all."

"Then what is?"Twilight asked.

"She said, 'Pinkie, you gotta stand up tall, learn to face your fears."

"You'll see that they can't hurt you, just laugh to make them disappear.' Ha! Ha! Ha!" Her laughter turned the trees back to normal making them all gasp, "So, giggle at the ghostly, guffaw at the grossly, crack up at the creepy, whoop it up with the weepy, chortle at the kooky, snortle at the spooky, and tell that big dumb scary face to take a hike and leave you alone and if he thinks he can scare you then he's got another thing coming and the very idea of such a thing just makes you wanna laugh!"

Soon enough everyone was laughing at the trees,while Twilight was confused as to how that worked.


After getting past the trees, the ground then comes across a river.

"How are we going to get past THIS?" Pinkie asked.

Sonic was about to say something when they heard loud sobbing nearby.

Pushing through a nearby bush revealed the source. In the water was a bawling sea serpent with what looked like an orange pompadour. His writhing and thrashing seemed to also be the cause of the churning rapids, "Oh, what a world! What a world!" He wailed.

The group looked at him for a moment until Sonic spoke up,"Hey big guy, why you so upset?"

"Oh, it's awful!" The serpent replied, "I was setting here, minding my OWN business, mind you, when this tacky little purple cloud of smoke zipped past and ripped half of my beloved mustache clean off!" He lowered his head to show them the tuft that remained.

"Ouch..!" Sonic winced, "That had to sting."

"And now...I look simply HORRIBLE!" He fell back into the water, dousing all them with the splash.

"Gimmie a break!" Rainbow muttered.

Applejack looked at him incredulously, "That's what this is all about!?"

"Well of COURSE it is!" Rarity replied indignantly, "How can you be so insensitive!?" She sauntered up to him, "Oh just look at him; such lovely luminescent scales!"

The sea serpent sniffled, "I know."

"And your expertly coiffed mane."

"Oh I know, I know."

"Your fabulous manicure."

He gasped, "It's so true."

"All ruined without your beautiful mustache."

"It's true, I'm hideous!"

"I simply cannot let such a crime against fabulousity go uncorrected!" With that, she grabbed hold of one of his scales and yanked it off.

"OWIE!" The serpent yelped, "What did you do that for!?"

"Rarity what are you ...?" Sonic started.

*SHINK!*

With a swing, Rarity brought the sharp edge of the scale down on her tail, cutting it off almost to the dock. (and causing the serpent to almost faint in the process).

"OH-hohoho!" He squealed in glee, "My mustache!"

"Simply smashing!" She smiled.

"Rarity, your beautiful tail!" Twilight spoke up in concern.

"Oh, it's quite alright, my dear. Short tails are in this season, Besides, it'll grow back."

"Well, either way, the river's settled down now!" Twilight said trotting out into the water, "We can make it across now!"

Suddenly she found herself raised up on the sea serpent's back.

"Allow me!" He said, diving his head back under to give them a complete bridge.

Once across, they continued onward.

"Ah'm glad that's over with." Applejack sighed in relief.

"Same." Sonic grinned, "Though, I do have one thing to say. "

"What?"

"Well, I'm just remembering it; but before we got distracted by that guy's hair problem... I could of just used chaos control and teleported us to the other side."

He got several blank looks in return.

At least, until Rainbow Dash's scream of "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" Echoed through the forest.


After pulling themselves back together--and getting Rainbow to not bang her head against the nearest rock--they soon found themselves at their destination.

"There it is." Sonic said,"My mom's and aunt Luna's old castle.

"The ruin that holds The Elements of Harmony. We made it!"

"Twilight, wait for us!" Applejack said.

"We're almost there. Whoa!" Twi shouted as she nearly fell off the cliff,
Dash pulled her back up by her tail, "What's with you and falling off cliffs today?"

Pinkie sighed, "Now what?"

Raindow Dash flapped her wings, "Duh."

"Oh yeah."

Rainbow Dash dove down to grab the bridge's loose end and carry it back over. She began to tie it when a voice called out from somewhere.

"Raiiinnnbooow."

"W-wha? Who's there!?"

"Raaaaaiiiinbooooow."

"I ain't scared of you! Show yourself!"

"We've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the best flyer in Equestria."

"Who?"

"Why, you, of course."

"Really?! I mean... Oh yeah, me. Hey, uh, you wouldn't mind telling the Wonderbolts that, would ya? 'cause I've been trying to get into that group for like, ever."

"No, Rainbow Dash. We want you to join us..." Three pegasi appeared, "The Shadowbolts. We're the greatest aerial team in the Everfree Forest, and soon we will be the greatest in all Equestria..." The female flew next to Dash, "But first, we need a captain." Dash's eyes sparkled. "The most magnificent-"

"Yep."

"Swiftest-"

"Yes."

"Bravest flyer in all the land."

Dash chuckled, "Yes, it's all true."

"We need..." She whispered the last part in Dash's ear, "You."

Dash flew up, "WOOHOO! Sign me up. Just let me tie this bridge real quick and then we have a deal."

Dash said reaching for the rope, but the female blocked her, "No! It's them or us."

Twilight shouted over, "Rainbow, what's taking so long?" She spotted the three pegasi, "Oh no. Rainbow!" The female eye's glowed making the fog block their view, and made Twilight's last words a bit muffled, "Don't listen to them." Dash thought hard.
"Well?"

"You..." The female looked pleased she won.

"Thank you! For the offer, I mean." Dash said tieing the rope on the peg, "But I'm afraid I have to say no." Dash flew off and the three pegasi vanished in a cloud of purple smoke, her friends cheered as they saw Dash fly back to them, they started to cross as Dash flew next to them, "See? I'd never leave my friends hangin'."


The group finally make it inside where in the center of the room stood a large stone statue with five arms radiating out. On each one sat an orb with a jewel shape engraved on it.

"Come on, Twilight." Applejack said, "This is what you and Sonic've been waitin' fer, right?"

"The Elements of Harmory, we finally found them." Twilight said full of hope, she then used her magic to put them to ground level.

“But there’s only five!” Rarity said with despair. “Where’s the sixth one!?”

“The book said when all the other ones are present; the sixth one will appear in some sort of spark.” She crouched down and lit up her horn. “Stand back, I’ll see what I can do.”

“Let’s go, everypony,” said Applejack. “We’d better guard th’ door in case Nightmare Moon shows up or something."

They were about to leave when a dark mist started to form around Twilight.

"Twilight!" Sonic called as he ran beside her only for them both to be engulfed by the mist.

"Where did they go!?" Applejack asked with great concern.

PreviousChapters Next