• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,763 Views, 446 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 446
 11,763

PreviousChapters Next
Familiar Faces part 1

After following Fluttershy's directions, the trio arrived outside of Principle Celestia's office where they hesitated for a moment.

"I'm not the only one nervous here, right?" Spike asked from inside of Twilight's backpack.

"You definitely aren't." Sonic replied, "Even though the Celestia on the other side of that door isn't my mother, I'm afraid of accidentally calling her mom, which more than likely will make us look suspicious."

"I know you're nervous Sonic, I'll admit I'm nervous too." Twilight said, "But just remember, all we need to do ask about the crown, ask if we can explore the school, and get out."

"Let's hope it's as easy as that." Sonic said before knocking on the door.

"Come in." Said a very familiar voice from the other side of the door.

After hearing that, Sonic opened the door that revealed the Celestia of this world.

She had multicolored hair, only without it flowing in an invisible breeze. She was wearing a yellow blazer and a pair of dark purple dress pants.

She was busy looking over some students' permanent records before looking up from her work to see Sonic and Twilight.

"Hello. How may I help you two?" She asked.

"Hi, my name is Sonic and this is my sister Twilight" Sonic greeted. "We're both kinda new here."

"New students?" Celestia looked through her documents, unable to find what she was looking for. "I was unaware of having new students arriving at Canterlot High today."

"We just moved here not too long ago so you might not have some documents about us yet" Sonic lied, "Hopefully you don't mind us going through a self-orientation of the campus before we're officially enrolled, right?"

"Hmm...I guess I can allow that." Principal Celestia responded, "Canterlot High is a pretty big school, and many new students tend to get lost in the halls, and I can allow you to join into the dance coming up on Friday. And I'm glad one of my students had found the tiara Luna and I had made for the dance, too. I wonder how it wound up outside."

'I guess that's where Sunset got that fake crown from.' Sonic thought to himself before asking, "Can you explain more about this dance please."

"Of course." Principal Celestia said before explaining, "Each year here at Canterlot High, we hold a dance called the Fall Formal. The students select one of their peers to represent them, and the winner is deemed princess while recieving the crown."

"I guess the your crown is out reach until the Fall Formal." Sonic whispered to Twilight, "And I doubt it would be a good idea to try to take it back since it would give us a bad image."

"I hear you, but I think I got an idea on how to get it back." Twilight whispered back before asking Principal Celestia, "You said we were able to attend the Fall Formal, is it okay if I could sign up to become princess?"

"Of course." Principal Celestia responded, "You just have to let the head of the Fall Formal planning committee know you'd like to be on the ballot. Is there anything else you'd like to ask?"

After realizing why Twilight askes that, Sonic said, "No, ma'am, I think we're good. Thank you for allowing us free reign to wander around and see the school."

"Anytime," Principal Celestia said, "And if any of you need me, my door is always open."

After thanking Principal Celestia, the trio quickly left the office and headed back to the lobby. Their plan to get in and out wasn't going to happen, and there was only one other way to get the Twilight's crown back.

"Are you sure you can actually do this Twilight?" Sonic asked.

"We have no other choice." Twilight responded, "The only way to get my crown back is if I become Princess of the Canterlot High Fall Formal. So that's what I'm gonna do!"

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?" Spike asked.

"I have no idea!" Twilight responded.

Hearing this caused Sonic to follow a simple two-step system to show irritation.

Step 1:Open up hand

Step 2:Apply face


Not too long later, the trio entered the lunch room in hopes of finding something to eat.

After grabbing some food, the trio spotted Fluttershy and decided to talk to her in hopes that she could help them.

"Hey Fluttershy, I know we haven't we only met a while ago, but I was wondering if you could help me with something," Twilight said.

"Sure. What is it, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked.

"Well, my sister decided to run for princess of the Fall Formal, and we were hoping you-" Sonic began before being cut off when Fluttershy let out a gasp, while dropping the fruit salad she had, accidentally spilling it onto Sonic and Twilight.

"Oh! Oh, gosh! Sorry." Fluttershy apologized as she help clean off the duo, "It's just, running for Fall Formal Princess is a really bad idea.

"Why's that?" Twilight asked.

"Sunset Shimmer wants to be Fall Formal Princess, and when she wants something, she gets it!" Fluttershy responded with some fear in her voice, "She'll make life awful for anyone who stands in her way. Just ask the girl who ran against her for princess of the Spring Fling."

"We at least have to try." Sonic argued.

"I don't think you understand." Fluttershy said, "You'd have to convince everyone in the school to vote for you instead of her: the athletes, the fashionistas, the dramas, the eco-kids, the techies, the rockers..."

"Why is everyone separated?" Sonic asked as he noticed the difference groups around the lunch room.

"Maybe it was different at your old school, but at CHS, everybody sticks to anyone with their own status." Fluttershy responded, "One thing that they do have in common is that they know Sunset Shimmer is gonna rule the school until we graduate."

"Not if we can help it." Twilight said before picking up an apple with her mouth.

Noticing the odd look Sonic decided to quickly change the subject.

"So, where can we find the head of the planning committee at this time?" He asked.


After eating lunch, the trio followed Fluttershy's directions to where the head of the party planning committee was. They found themselves in front of the gymnasium, a big enough location to throw a school event like a dance or pep rally.

The gym was already decorated with balloons, streamers, and confetti, something that would mostly fit with a birthday party for a kid.

There was only one person in the gym decorating everything, a girl with really frizzy and poofy pink hair, wearing a blue and white shirt with a pink heart in the center and a light purple skirt with three balloons, two blue and one yellow.

After letting Spike out of Twilight's bag to allow him to get some air, the trio walked up to the girl, not noticing that she actually pulled off one of the balloon designs on her skirt and making it into real balloon, blowing air into it and inflating it.

"Uhh, excuse me. I'm looking for-" Sonic began before seeing the girl's blue eyes, and familiar face, causing him to accidentally say out loud, "Pinkie?"

Hearing this caused the girl stop what she was doing before turning towards Sonic while letting out a gasp.

"Are you physic?!" Pinkie asked as she went up to the trio.

"Uh, no." Sonic quickly answered before asking, "Are you?"

"Nah. I wish though." Pinkie answered.

"Anyway, Fluttershy told us we could find the head of the planning committee here." Twilight said, quickly changing the subject, "I'm going to guess that's you."

Not too long after Twilight said that, Pinkie quickly grew an angry expression on her face.

"Fluttershy, huh? Don't let the whole "shy" thing fool you. She can be a real meanie." Pinkie grumbled before changing the subject by asking Sonic, "Anyway, is your girlfriend here to sigh up for the ballot?"

"Girlfriend!?!" Sonic and Twilight exclaimed, with slight blushes on their faces.

"She's my sister!!!" Sonic said sternly.

"Oh! Whoopsie doopsie! My mistake!" Pinkie said before going back on subject, "Anyway, just sign right here and you'll officially be in the runnings for Princess of the Fall Formal Dance!"

Pinkie held the clipboard and pen out to Twilight for her to sign, Sunset Shimmer's signature already written down on the first line of the nearly empty paper.

Twilight reached out to grab the pen with her teeth, but Sonic snatched it first before saying, "Don't worry sis, I'll sign for you."

'I really need to teach Twilight how to use her hands avoid anyone thinking that she's weird.' Sonic thought to himself as he wrote Twilight's name.

As Sonic gave Pinkie's pen back, they heard a familiar voice ask, " Somebody order a dozen cases of fizzy apple cider?"

Turning towards the voice, the group saw a girl carrying a case of apple cider enter the gym.

The girl had long blonde hair tied at the end in a ponytail with a stetson hat on her head. She wore a green and white work shirt with a short jean skirt, a belt around her waist with a red apple on the front.

'Looks like we're meeting Applejack now.' Sonic thought to himself.

"Ooh! I did! Over here!" Pinkie responded happily.

"Ya got the rest of them cases, Big Mac!?" Applejack called said young man as she placed down the cases she was holding.

"Eeyup," he Big Mac responded.

Although not as "big" in muscle size like the red earth pony stallion, this Big Mac was still strong enough to hold heavy cases of cider without breaking a sweat. He a white work shirt under a red jacket and a pair of blue jeans.

Applejack grabbed a bottle of cider, took the cap off with her teeth and spat it out, looking over at Sonic.

"Hey, Ah know you two." Applejack said to Sonic and Twilight, "Y'all are the ones that gave Sunset Shimmer the what for earlier today, right?"

"And Twilight's going to do even more now that she's running against Sunset for Princess of the Fall Formal!" Pinkie announced.

After hearing Pinkie say that, Applejack spluttered as she took a drink, spitting out her cider in shock.

"Y'all are plum crazy!" Applejack exclaimed, "She's one of the meanest girls in the whole school! Ah'll bet ya she'll try to approach ya all friendly like, and when your back's turned-" Applejack grabbed a balloon, drew Twilight's face, showed it to her and Sonic, then squeezed it until it popped. "-she'll end up breakin' ya. But the one girl y'all can trust last aside from her is Rainbow Dash."

"Rainbow Dash?" Sonic asked with confusion in his voice.

"Yeah, she's the captain of EVERY sport here in school," Pinkie explained.

"Don't forget her bein' the captain of promisin' to do somethin' for ya, then turnin' her back on ya and not botherin' to show up." Applejack sulked as she downed the rest of her cider.

Hearing this Confused Sonic and Twilight a lot. They know that Rainbow and Applejack are the best of friends and rivals to each other, and that Rainbow Dash is all about loyalty. As much as they wanted to question what happened between the duo, they didn't want to make themselves suspicious if they suddenly questioned them.

"Ok. Thanks for the warning, uh..." Sonic said, not wanting Applejack to introduce herself so that he could call her by her name.

Luckily, it worked when Applejack said, "It's Applejack."

"Right." Sonic said, "But Twilight isn't going to let someone like Sunset Shimmer try to control the school."

"Suit yourselves." Applejack turned to place the empty bottle on the table behind her.

"Anyway, we should get going if we plan having Twilight become princess of the Fall Formal." Sonic said as he, Twilight, and Spike made their way out of the gym.

"Good luck!" Pinkie called out to them.


"Is it just me, or is this day getting weirder and weirder?" Spike asked as the trio made their way through the school halls.

"Well let's look back on we went through." Sonic said, "We entered a mirror that's actually a portal to another world, you were turned into a dog, me and Twilight turned into... whatever we are, met different versions of our friends that seem to hate each other, and everyone kept warning us about going against Sunset Shimmer. Yup, this day is getting ready weird."

Before anything else could be said, the heard someone say, "I should have known you two were familiar."

Turning towards the voice, the trio spotted Sunset Shimmer standing before them on the other side of the hall. "Should have guessed 'Princess' Celestia would have sent her prized pupil, her mutt, and her adopted so to take my crown."

"It's my crown!" Twilight yelled angrily.

"Whatever." Sunset said, "This is just a minor setback for me. You don't know the first thing about this place, and I already rule it."

"If that's true, why do you even need Twilight's crown?" Sonic asked, "You went to an awful lot of trouble to switch it with the one that belongs here."

"Pop quiz: what happens when you bring an Element of Harmony into an alternate world?" Sunset asked but got no response, "You don't know? Seriously? And you're supposed to be Princess Celestia's star student?"

"Hey! Leave my mother out of this!" Sonic yelled angrily.

"And what would you do if I don't?" Sunset asked smugly, "You can't use any magic in this world without any type of magic source, which by the look of it, Princess Celestia wasn't smart enough to give you one."

"I swear, if you keep talking about my mom like that-" Sonic angrily said before being cut off by Sunset.

"And do what?" Sunset asked smugly with a chuckle, "Run up to me and slam me against a locker?"

About a second after Sunset said that, Sonic did just that.

Before Sunset could say anything in response, she was surprised (and admittedly a bit frightened) when she found Dark Sonic looking her in the eye as he held her against the locker.

"DON'T, talk about my mom like that ever again!" Dark Sonic growled before letting Sunset go a returning to his normal self.

After recovering from Sonic's action, Sunset said, "I'll admit, you took me off guard there, but it doesn't matter. And don't even think about trying to best me. I know this world better than you two, and there's no way Twilight can fit in as a pony among humans. That crown will be mine."

She began to chuckle sadistically as she walked away.

"Don't listen to her, Twilight," Sonic assured her. "She's just trying to play mind games. She's nothing but a selfish brat who wants power."

"I know. And I'm not going to let her beat me. If I'm going to win, I need to do a bit of research to get everyone's vote in time before the dance." Twilight looked down the hall, finding a sign that lead to the direction of the school's library. "We don't have much time to spare. Let's go guys."

With that, the trio begin to make their way to the school library, unaware that Sunset was watching them from around the corner.

PreviousChapters Next