• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,765 Views, 446 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 446
 11,765

PreviousChapters Next
The Werehog's First Night

After several hours, we find the group in the castle's garden talking a stroll.

"Boy, that took a lot longer than I thought it would." Sonic said.

"You've got that right, the sun is about to set already." Rainbow Dash said.

"Warning everypony in equestria about Nightmare Moon's return may have taken much longer than we expected, but at least there won't be too much panic if she's spotted." Shining Armor said.

"Despite that, we still don't know where Nightmare Moon might strike next." Twilight pointed out.

"It's a good thing we told everypony to immediately send a message to the castle if they do see Nightmare Moon." Sonic said.

"With all that done, what do we do now?" Applejack asked.

"It's best if you all stayed in canterlot for now," Princess Celestia said, "With Nightmare Moon wanting revenge, it would be a good idea to have you all close by in case she decides to attack."

"Wherever or whenever she attacks, we'll be ready for her." Sonic said.

The group stops for a bit while Princess Luna begins to rise the moon, while Princess Celestia lowers the sun.

As soon as the sun disappeared behind the horizon, Sonic began to grunt. Catching everyone's attention, they watched as Sonic purple mist begins to form around him until in a flash of purple, Sonic changes into the form he undergone the night before.

"Whoa! Mister Monster guy is back!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Every time the sun goes down, I turn into... THIS!?!" Sonic exclaimed.

"Come on Sonic, it's not that bad." Shining Armor said.

"He's right, plus you're so much fluffier now." Princess Celestia said before nuzzling him.

"Come on mom, not in front of everyone." Sonic complained.

"I wonder, since every new form Sonic has had so far made him faster, do you think this form will do the same?" Spike asked.

"Only one way to find out." Sonic said as he got into a running position.

When he began to run however, he as anything but fast.

"What the!? My Speed! It's gone!" Sonic exclaimed.

Looking back, Sonic saw that everyone was as shocked as he was. Except for Rainbow Dash, who had a small smile.

"Don't even say it Rainbow Dash." Sonic warned.

Rainbow Dash smirked in response, before reviving a wolf-like growl from Sonic.

"Okay, okay, calm down!" Rainbow Dash said as she raises her forehooves in defense.

"What happened to Sonic's speed?" Spike asked.

"Judging from his larger size and how much more muscular he's become, I'd say this form trades Sonic's speed for strength." Twilight theorized.

"Well that's great, when it becomes night I'll have to take things slow." Sonic huffed.

"Cheer up Sonic," Pinkie said as she presented a plate of cupcakes to him, "Here I made cupcakes for everyone and I'll let you get the first one."

"Where and when did you get those?" Shining Armor asked.

"Don't question it, it's just Pinkie being Pinkie." Sonic responded, "And I appreciate at offer Pinkie, but I'll pass for now."

"Suit yourself." Pinkie said as she gave everyone else a cupcake before eating one herself, leaving only one left.

"Well I'll leave this one inside so that you can- whoa!" Pinkie exclaimed as she tripped over a rock, causing the cupcake to go flying.

"Whoops!" Sonic exclaimed as his arm stretched and caught the cupcake before it reached the ground (which was 15 feet away).

"Whoa Sonic, your arm just stretched!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Weird," Sonic said before stretching his arm again and placing the cupcake back onto the plate, "but it could be useful.

Before anything else could be said or done, a gaurd came up and said, "Princess, there has been sightings of purple mist around canterlot."

"Thank you," Princess Celestia said, "you may return to your station."

Once the gaurd left, Sonic said, "We better get going and find Nightmare Moon before she harms anypony else."

"You all go ahead, me and Luna need to stay in the castle," Princess Celestia said, "Spike, you better stay as well. It could be dangerous out there and I don't want to get hurt."

"Whatever you say Princess." Spike said.

"Alright then everyone, let's get going." Sonic said as he and the others ran off.

As they ran, everyone noticed Sonic was running on all fours.

"Hey Sonic, why are you running like a pony?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I don't know," Sonic said, barely noticing himself, "It just came to me as instinct."

"Let's just focus on finding Nightmare Moon for now before we get too distracted." Twilight suggested.

With that, everyone increased their pace and exited the castle at full speed.


Not too long later in the city, the group had gotten more information saying that the mist was headed towards the southern side of the city.

"What should we do once we find Nightmare Moon?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"The only thing we can do, fight her." Sonic responded, "Luckily for us, I still have the chaos emeralds, so that should put us in an advantage."

"Good point." Shining Armor said.

The group continued until Sonic suddenly stopped in his tracks.

"What's wrong Sonic?" Twilight asked.

"I'm sensing something." Sonic replied.

"What do you sense?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don't know but it's this way."Sonic said before running off on all fours.

Not wanting to be left behind, the group quickly follows him.

Soon the group arrives at a park and noticed Sonic hiding behind a tree and decided to do the same.

"Why are we hiding?" Rainbow Dash asked in a whisper.

"I'm trying to think of a way we should deal with them." Sonic whispered in response as he pointed past the tree he was hiding behind.

When the group looked they saw a large group of unusual, yet dangerous looking creatures.

"I say, what in equestria are they?" Rarity asked.

"They're made of Nightmare Moon's magic." Sonic answered.

"How do you know?" Twilight asked.

"I can sense it," Sonic replied, "And I how for sure because it's the same feeling I got when I was around Nightmare Moon yesterday."

"Why would Nightmare Moon make those things." Rainbow Dash asked.

"She didn't." Sonic said, "They were probably made the same way Nightmare Moon restored herself, they collected enough magic to form an a body. And Since Nightmare Moon isn't around, they could more than likely do as they please. But since they are made of dark magic, I doubt they'll be friendly."

"If that's the case, we need to get rid of them." Shining Armor said.

"How about a full on attack?" Rainbow Dash suggested.

"I don't think that's a good idea Rainbow." Applejack said.

"Actually, I don't know why but something's telling me we should do that." Sonic said.

"Whatever you say Sonic." Twilight said.

"Alright on three we attack." Shining Armor said, "One, Tw-"

"NOW!" Sonic exclaimed as he bolted towards the creatures.

Before the creatures could process what happened, Sonic had began to punch and slash his way through them with unexpected speed.

"So much for sneaking up on them." Shining Armor sighed before he and the others joined in.

The creatures tried to hold their own against the heros but were quickly overwhelmed and knocked out.

Once all the creatures were defeated, they disappeared in a puff of purple smoke a left small purple orbs, said orbs then made their way towards him and were all absorbed.

Concerned about what the orbs could do to him, Twilight asked, "Sonic? Are you feeling okay?"

"Not any different," Sonic responded, "why do you ask?"

"I'm just concerned about those orbs you just absorbed."

"Don't worry Twilight, I'm fine, if I wasn't I'm pretty sure you all would see it."

"Good point."

"Hey Sonic, do you sense any more of Nightmare Moon's magic?" Cadence asked.

Sonic closed his eyes for a moment before opening then and saying, "I'm sensing large amounts Nightmare Moon's magic, but it seems to be coming towards us."

"Wait, towards us?" Fluttershy asked.

Just then the ground rumbled for a moment dying down, then it would rumble again over and over, becoming more powerful each time.

"Stay on gaurd everyone, it's coming." Sonic warned.

The rumbling continued before stopping all of a sudden. Before anyone could question why it stopped, a large blue creature, similar to the ones they just fought, holding a large club burst through the trees behind the group. It was shorty followed by more of the creatures the group had already seen.

"Whoa! Look at the size of that thing!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Either Nightmare Moon has that much magic to spare, or her magic is that power to make something so large." Twilight said.

"Incoming! Sonic exclaimed as the the large creature swung it's club at them.

Not wanting to become pancakes, the group quickly jumps out of the way just in time.

"How should we deal with that thing?!" Shining Armor asked.

"You guys deal with the smaller ones, I'll deal with that titan." Sonic said.

"Titan?" Applejack asked.

"It fits if you ask me." Sonic said.

"Are you sure? That thing is pretty big." Twilight asked.

"Down worry, I'm sure my newly discovered strength is enough to take it down." Sonic assured.

"Then let's do it then!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed before she and the others (except Fluttershy who decided to hide behind a tree) charged at the creatures.

Desiding to play it safe Sonic starts off by shooting chaos spears at the titan, though it did cause it to stagger, it continued making it's way towards them.

"Should of figured chaos spears wouldn't be enough to take it down." Sonic said to himself before charging towards the titan.

Meanwhile with the others, they were easily dealing with the smaller creatures.

"This is too easy!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she bucked a creature in the face.

"Don't get too confident Rainbow." Twilight said as she blast a group of creatures, "We still have a lot more of these things to deal with, and that's not including that titan."

Back with Sonic, with the help of his stretchy arms, he was about to deliver several punches on the titan, but had some trouble avoiding getting clubbed.

"If only I still had my speed," Sonic said to himself, "Then I wouldn't have to worry about getting hit by that club that much!"

As if on cue, Sonic was then struck by said club and was sent flying into the tree Fluttershy was hiding behind.

"Oh no! Sonic are you okay?!" She asked, which caught everyone else's attention.

"Lucky shot." Sonic said as he effortlessly got back up.

After everyone joined Fluttershy Sonic, Shining Armor asked, "You okay there Sonic?"

"I'm fine, no need to worry." Sonic responded before charging towards the titan again.

Noticing Sonic, the titan suddenly jumped upward and caused a purple shockwave when it landed.

Unfortunately, Sonic wasn't able to stop himself in time and was knocked back by the shockwave.

The others noticed Sonic wasn't the only one hit as they saw the smaller creatures get knocked back as well.

Once the shockwave wore off, Sonic landed in front of the group while the creatures disappeared in a puff of purple smoke before more purple orbs made their way towards Sonic.

"Sonic! Are you okay!?" Twilight exclaimed as she and the others helped him up.

"Yeah,I'm fine," Sonic responded, "but the last hit sure was hard."

"Don't worry Sonic, we'll take it from here." Shining Armor said as he faced the titan.

Sonic was about to object when he suddenly stopped.

Noticing this, Cadence asked,"Are you okay Sonic?"

I don't know why, but I'm feeling something well up inside me." Sonic responded.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not sure, but I feel like I need to let something out!" Sonic exclaimed before letting out a loud howl, doing so causes a blue aura to form around him.

"Whoa! I'm feeling a whole lot of power right now!" Sonic exclaimed, "Better not let it go to waste!

With that Sonic changes towards the titan again, this time with greater speed. When he was close enough, Sonic threw a punch to the titan's face and actually caused it to stagger back a bit.

The titan attempted to hit Sonic with it's club, but Sonic caught it before suddenly doing an uppercut on the titan, causing it stumble backwards before falling on it's back and poofing in a large cloud of purple smoke.

Shortly after the titan was defeated, the blue aura surrounding Sonic faded away as he rejoined the others, who were speechless at how easily took down the titan.

Pinkie was the first to break the silence by exclaiming, "Wow Sonic! How did you do that!"

"That... Was... Awesome!!!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"What just happened to you back there?" Shining Armor asked.

"Not a clue, but at least that titan is down for the count." Sonic responded.

"Maybe it had to do with all those orbs you absorbed." Twilight guessed.

"Let's worry about it later, luckily I don't sence anymore of Nightmare Moon's magic so that means we can head back to the castle." Sonic said.

"Let's do that."Twilight said, "It would be wise to tell the Princesses about what we saw."


Later on in the castle, the group had just finished explaining about the creatures they came across and how Sonic defeated the titan after getting a blue aura.

"That definitely seems like something we should be concerned about." Princess Celestia said.

"It would be wise to send some soldiers around equestria to combat Nightmare Moon's minions whenever night time approaches." Princess Luna suggested.

"Nightmare Moon's minions?" Everyone asked.

"They are made of Nightmare Moon's magic, surely she should be able to control them if she wanted to." Princess Luna responded.

"Anyway I agree with Aunt Luna, Nightmare Moon did say her magic was scattered throughout equestria so that means more of those things will start appearing as well, which means we'll need to take precautions to make sure everypony in equestria don't get attacked." Sonic said.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that it's done." Princess Celestia said.

"And if Nightmare Moon's minions overwhelm our troops, well need you to head there and support." Princess Luna added.

"You can count on us." Sonic said.

"You better watch out Nightmare Moon's minions!" Pinkie exclaimed, "Because Sonic the Werehog is ready to make you go poof!"

"Sonic the Werehog." Sonic said to himself, "I like it.

"It does have a ring to it." Spike said.

"Then It's official!" Sonic declared, "Whenever I'm in this form I'll be Sonic, Sonic the Werehog!"

PreviousChapters Next