• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,743 Views, 427 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 427
 11,743

Chapters Next
Prologue

One night outside canterlot castle on balcony outside her room, Princess Celestia was out gazing at the moon, remembering the incident that happened less than a thousand years ago with great sadness in doing so.

"Oh Luna." Princess Celestia said with a great amount of sadness in her voice, "If there was a way to undo what I did all those years ago I would do it."

Princess Celestia then starts to tear up when something in the sky catches her attention.

At first it appeared to be a star, but what was odd about it was that it was blue. The "star" then began to slowly move towards her until it stops right in front of her, blinding her in the process. The light then dies down and what remained left her speechless.

A small blue creature (who she could tell was only a baby) and seven colorful gems that were beside the baby. She could sence an incredible amount of energy coming from the gems, but her main focus was on the baby.

The baby itself was blue with peach arms and a peach belly, small hands and feet (from it's structure it could move around on two legs when it got older), what appeared to be quills on the back of it's head and two smaller ones on it's back, and had emerald-green eyes.

The baby soon noticed Celestia and smiled before (in what appeared to be less than a second) going from sitting where it was to hugging one of her front hoves (and it was 4 feet away from her).

Princess Celestia was shocked at how fast it could move at such a young age but simply shrugged it off for now. She then levitated it close to her face where when it got close enough, it hugged her muzzle.

Being taken aback by this Princess Celestia then began to nuzzle it affectionately making the baby giggle. She then slowly removed the baby from her face and placed it on her back. She then was going to make her way to her room, when she remembered the seven gems. Looking towards the gems, she was amazed to see that they began to levitate on their own and moving towards her, or so she thought.

The gems then begin to surround the baby and start circling it. Princess Celestia was about to interfere when the gems created a bright flash. When the flash died down, only the baby remained.

It seemed that the gems disappeared almost like they merged with him, but the baby acted like nothing happened.

Deciding to investigate it in the morning, Princess Celestia began to head towards her room with the baby in tow.

Once in her room, Princess Celestia placed the baby on her bed before removing her crown, her necklace, and her golden shoes.

After she finished, Princess Celestia then got onto the bed, and used her magic to levitate the baby into her forehoves and pulled the blanket over them. After giving a small yawn, the baby then snuggled into her fur and fell asleep.

Princess Celestia was taken aback by this and began to think. She originally was planning to find some foster parents for the baby but with the new feeling she has towards it, she decided to care for it herself, sure she knew it'll cause a ruckus amoung the nobles but she didn't care. All she cared about at the moment was given to take best care of the baby, and, more importantly, be a loving mother to him as well.

Once that was decided, Princess Celestia began to think of a name for him, when it suddenly struck her.

Considering how fast the baby could move and how much faster it'll more-than-likely become when it gets older, she thought of the perfect name for him.

"Goodnight my little Sonic." Princess Celestia said in a motherly tone, "We have a big big day tomorrow."

With that said, Celestia turned in for the night, ready for her newest task yet: motherhood.


5 years later

It was just another day in equestria when we find a familiar blue figure standing on near the edge of canterlot. Said figure was none-other than Prince Sonic, adopted son of Princess Celestia, himself (who had just finished on of his runs).

Over the years a lot about him was discovered, such as how he is actually a hedgehog despite his odd looking appearance.

In his hand was one of the seven gems he was found with, said gem was now known as a chaos emerald. They earned their name after an incident when his cousins, Prince Blueblood and Princess Cadence, came in contact with two of the emeralds.

Blueblood became thirsty with power, thinking he could take on anyone, including his aunt. As for Cadence, she was more in control of the power and she (along with some guards) was forced to duel with Blueblood in an attempt to calm him down.

With everypony struggling to keep the out-of-control prince in check, all hope seemed lost until Sonic stepped in. Using the other six emeralds (he had Cadence give him hers), he was able to finally stop Blueblood but at the cost of some of the buildings in the city, it was absolute chaos.

After the incident, Princess Celestia planned on sealing the emeralds away so that no one could come in contact with them again until she saw how Sonic was capable of controlling the emeralds power with little to no problems. With that in mind she decided that Sonic should hold on to them at all times, and unless it was an emergency, Sonic promised to never ever let anyone else get their hands, hoves, etc, on them.

Speaking of power, Sonic (despite being so young) learned a good amount of attacks over the years. The easiest of which is ramming in opponents with great speeds without stopping. Using what he calls boost, he could increase his speed instantly and with his ramming attack could cause some serious damage.

Sonic's personal favorite was he spindash, a move where he spins in a ball and then with the help of his speed, dashes around, with his quills making it seem like he was a living buzzsaw. There was he one-time he went clean through a giant bolder using spin dash.

Another one of Sonic's favorite attacks is his homing attack, which allows him to hone in on opponents no matter where they are.

Using the chaos emeralds, Sonic could increase his speed and strength along with giving him new abilities as well. The chaos emeralds allow Sonic to use the technique chaos control to stop time and teleport.

Sonic could use another technique called chaos spear that allows him to shoot chaos energy at opponents, he later learned to do chaos spear without the need of an emerald but couldn't do the same for chaos control.

However, if Sonic were to use all seven chaos emeralds, that's when he could unlock an amazing amount of power, a transformation he calls his super form.

Whenever Sonic goes super, he changes from his normal blue to golden-yellow, his eyes turn ruby-red and his quills point upward. His appearance isn't all that changes, he becomes faster, stronger, gains the ability to fly and is almost invincible.

With all those abilities in mind, Princess Celestia tries her best to keep an eye on Sonic (due to him being how a little reckless at times), but aside from that, he is capable of taking care of himself, which is perfect whenever he decides to go on a run around canterlot.

After years of this everpony got used to Sonic's sudden appearances and the harsh wind that follows, and with him moving so fast earned the him the nickname, The Blue Blur (which Sonic enjoys a lot).

"Boy, that was some run." Sonic said Happy, "But I better get back to the castle before mom starts worrying about me."

With that said Sonic raised the chaos emerald he had in his hand and yelled, "CHAOS CONTROL!" Doing so caused him to vanish into thin air.


Back in canterlot castle, we see Princess Celestia walking down the castle halls, guiding her new star pupil and her baby dragon, leading them to the castles library where they could begin their studies.

"I hope your ready for your training Twilight." Princess Celestia said.

"Of course Princess, I've been studying extra hard ever since the day you choose me to be you new star pupil!" Twilight said with a lot of enthusiasm in her voice.

Princess Celestia chuckled before saying, "There's no need to take things too hard Twilight."

"Sorry Princess, I'm just so excited to get started!" Twilight said, beaming with excitement.

Before they could get any further, they are interrupted by a sudden flash of light.

"What was that?" Twilight asked.

"I think I have a good feeling who it is." Princess Celestia said, having a good feeling as to who just arrived back to the castle.

As they moved onward the Princess's thoughts were approved when a certain blue hedgehog came into view.

"It's good to see your home Sonic." Princess Celestia said.

Looking towards the voice, Sonic smiled before saying, "Good to see you too mom."

'Mom?' Twilight thought to herself until it finally hit her, "Oh my gosh! Your Prince Sonic! It's an honor to meet you!"


Sonic jumped back in surprise at Twilight's exclamation before noticing said filly and the baby dragon on her back.

"Oh you must be my mom's new star pupil." Sonic said before introducing himself, "As you already know, I'm Prince Sonic. Who might you be?"

"Oh, where are my manners?" Twilight asked herself before saying, "I'm Twilight Sparkle, and the baby dragon whose asleep on my back is my soon to be assistant, Spike."

"Cool, a baby dragon, I never seen a dragon before let alone a baby dragon." Sonic said in amazement as he took a closer look at Spike.

"Is it true you have seven magical gems called chaos emeralds?" Twilight asked curiously.

"Yup I have them with me actually." Sonic said.

"Can I see them?" Twilight asked, full of hope.

"As much as I'd like to, my mom said not to let anypony touch them due to what happened to my cousins a few months ago." Sonic said a apologetic tone.

"I think I could make an exception just this once Sonic." Princess Celestia assured.

"Are you sure mom?" Sonic double checked.

"I'm positive." Princess Celestia replied.

"YAY!" Twilight cheered, almost waking Spike in the process, "Oops!"

Sonic chuckled upon seeing this.

"Alright, here goes." Sonic said before closing his eyes.

As waiting a few seconds, the chaos emeralds appeared around Sonic.

"Wow!" Twilight said in amazement, "They're so pretty!"

"Glad you like them." Sonic said.

"Is it true you gain new abilities when using them?" Twilight asked full with curiosity.

"I think I'll leave you two be so that you can get to know each other a little better." Princess Celestia said as she levitated Spike onto her back, "We'll start your training in the morning Twilight. And Sonic, would you like to join us?"

"Sure thing mom, I'd like to see how well Twilight will do." Sonic said.

"So it's settled, I'll leave you two to get to know each other better, while I take Spike to my room for the night." Princess Celestia said before adding, "Oh, and Sonic, do you think you can lead Twilight to her room when your both done?"

"Sure thing mom." Sonic said.

"Ok then, goodnight." Princess Celestia said as she made her leave.

"Goodnight." Sonic and Twilight said together.

"I have a feeling this is the start of a beautiful friendship." Twilight said excitedly.

"Then let's get started!" Sonic said before they began exchanging information about each other.

And from that day on Sonic and Twilight's friendship grew, and no matter what happened, they would always have each others backs, and they'll need to for all the challenges that they will soon come to face.

Chapters Next