• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,741 Views, 425 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 425
 11,741

PreviousChapters Next
Brother's Day

It's been weeks since Discord has been defeated and we find Twilight looking at some spells before hearing a knock on the door. When she answers it, she sees the rest of the mane six right outside.

"Hey girls, what brings you here?" Twilight asked.

"Sonic told us that he wanted to tell us something and wanted us to come over her today." Pinkie replied.

"I wonder what he wants." Applejack said.

"Maybe he needs our help with something." Rarity guessed.

"Well whatever it is, it might have to wait since he's still asleep right now." Twilight said.

As they was talking, the others noticed Sonic sneaking up on Twilight, who gestured them to not say anything. Once he was right behind Twilight, Sonic did a thumbs behind himself, the seeing he was doing it to Spike, who returned the gesture.

With that, Sonic quietly took a deep breath then yelled, "MORNING TWILIGHT!"

The yell caused Twilight to scream as she jumped into the air before landing on her side.

The scene caused Sonic, Spike, and Rainbow Dash to laugh hysterically while the others were chuckling.

"Sonic I keep telling you to stop doing that!" Twilight yelled.

"Relax Twilight, I'm just kicking off brother's day." Sonic replied.

"Oh no, I keep forgetting that you start off brother's day by startling me like that." Twilight wined.

"Brother's day?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It's a day where me and Sonic celebrate the day we became brothers." Spike explained, "Right big bro?

Sonic did a thumbs up before replying, "You know it little bro."

"Became brothers?" Fluttershy asked.

"That doesn't make too much sense." Applejack said.

"It's better if we explain." Sonic said as he gestures everyone to get inside.

Once everyone is inside, Sonic tells the six the same story he told Princess Luna on the night of the Gala.

"...and since then, we've been like brothers to each other." Sonic said, ending the story.

"Wow, you really must really care for Spike seeing how you stood up for him like that." Rainbow Dash said.

"I didn't really stand up for him I just gave him a hand is all." Sonic responded.

"Still, you cared for Spike enough to stick to his side when he needed it, and that's the important thing." Fluttershy said.

"I try my best."

"Anyways, what do you do on brother's day? Does anypony else celebrate it?" Pinkie asked.

"No it's something me and Spike made up ourselves. As for what we do, we usually take turns making up a list of what we should do and we try our best to complete it by the end of the day." Sonic explained. "Speaking of which, Spike you better get started on the list since it's your turn to do so this year and you better make it quick if you don't want to waste any precious time."

"Right, I'll be back when I'm done." Spike said before running upstairs.

Once Spike was out of sight, Sonic turned towards the others and said, "You girls don't mind helping me out with something, do you?"

"It depends on what it is." Rainbow Dash said.

"Ok, what I want you girls to do is..." Sonic said before whispering the rest to them.

Once he finished explaining, the girls said in unison, "No problem."

"Great," Sonic said before turning to Pinkie, "Pinkie, I'm counting on you to have everything set up by the time we get there."

"Don't worry Sonic, I won't let you down." Pinkie saluted before running off.

"And I trust the rest of you to help get whatever Pinkie needs." Sonic said as he turns towards the others.

"It's like Pinkie said, you can count on us!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Don't worry sugar-hog, we'll make sure everything goes according to plan." Applejack said.

"Alright then." Sonic said, "You better get going before Spike gets back."

"We'll see you two later then." Twilight said as she, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash took off.

Not too long after, Spike came back with piece of parchment and a quill.

"Alright Sonic, I've got the list right here, you ready to go?" He asked.

"You bet." Sonic replied.

"Hey, where did the girls go?" Spike asked.

"Oh, they had to take care of something, but let's not let that distract us." Sonic said, "Now come on, we're burning daylight!"

With that, the duo exit the library and head towards Sugar Cube Corner to get some breakfast.


"I tell ya Sonic, that was the best breakfast I've had in a while." Spike said as he and Sonic exit Super Cube Corner.

"That's something we definitely can both agree on." Sonic said, "Anyway, what's first on the list Spike?"

"Well, I was hoping if we can head to canterlot real quick, the newest issue of Power Ponies comes out today and I really want to get it for the both of us." Spike responded.

"Say no more Spike." Sonic said as he took out a chaos emerald, "Now hold on tight."

Once Spike grabbed Sonic's hand, Sonic said, "Chaos control" and the two vanished in a flash.


About ten minutes later they duo return from canterlot with the comic is Spike's claws.

"Oh man, I can't wait to read it." Spike exclaimed.

"I feel you Spike. I've been waiting for this issue to come out for a while now." Sonic said.

"I wonder what adventure the Power Ponies will be in this time." Spike wondered, "Power Ponies and the Mysterious Maric, just reading the title just makes it harder to not read it."

"Don't worry Spike, once the day is done we'll read it." Sonic assured.

"You promise?"

"I cross my heart and hope to fly, and stick a cupcake in my eye." Sonic said as he did the gesture Pinkie told him to do whenever he 'Pinkie Promises'.

"Thanks Sonic." Spike said.

"Anything for you little bro."


After leaving the comic in the library, the duo continue to achieve everything on the list up until sunset, where the two of them were on their way back to the library after completing a gem hunt.

"I still can't believe we found so many gems in that cave you found Sonic." Spike said as said hedgehog was pushing a cart full of gems.

"Yeah, talk about lucky." Sonic replied, "Is there anything else on the list Spike?"

"No, that's about it."

"Good, now for the surprise."

"What surprise?"

"You'll see." Sonic said before using chaos control on the cart, causing it and the gems in it to vanish.

"Hey!" Spike exclaimed.

"Don't worry, I sent them to the library." Sonic assured.

"Oh, well what do you have planned then?"

"You'll see. Come on, we have to get to Sweet Apple Acers."

"Why do we have to go there?"

"Patience Spike, Patience."


Soon the two arrive outside the barn, much to Spike's curiosity.

"What are we going to do here Sonic." Spike asked.

"Just a little something to finish off brother's day." Sonic replied as he opens the barns door.

As soon as the door opened, the duo heard, "Happy Brother's Day!" as half the town appears out of their hiding spots.

"Woah, what's all this?" Spike asked as he and Sonic stepped inside.

"I just figured I'd make this brother's day different by having a party set up for us. Sonic responded.

"No way!" Spike exclaimed.

Way."

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's party! Spike exclaimed before everyone cheered in agreement.


The party itself was pretty great, it had good drinks and snacks, everyone was in a good mood, and it had great music courtesy of ponyville's remixer, Vinyl Scratch.

"Enjoying the party Spike?" Sonic asked as they two got themselves a drink.

"You bet! This is the best brother's day so far because of it!" Spike responded.

"Glad you two enjoy it." Pinkie said as she and the others trot towards the duo.

"I've got to say girls, you did a good job on making this party as great as it is." Sonic said.

"Well we know how special this day is for the both of you, so we tried our best at making it perfect." Twilight said.

"Well you certainly did a good job at doing that." Sonic said, "Now if you guys don't mind, I've got a request for the DJ to make."

With that, Sonic parts from the group and makes his way towards Vinyl. Once he reached her, he whispered something to her ear and shortly afterward, she gave him a nod, before using her magic on a nearby microphone.

"Hey everypony, are you enjoying the music?" She asked before earning a cheer as a response.

"Well, this next song is a request that will be done by non other than the Blue Blur himself!"

Everyone was caught off gaurd by that and watched as Sonic took Vinyl's place.

"Alright everypony, I hope you enjoy this one, I've been working on it for months now and I hope my hard work pays off." Sonic said before adding, "Also, this is my last present for you Spike."

With that, Sonic set his hands on the remix table, and let it rip.

Everyone was surprised to finish out that Sonic knew how to use a remix table but then quickly began to enjoy the performance.

"Wow, I didn't know Sonic could use a remix table." Pinkie said in awe.

"Me neither, but I'm not complaining." Rainbow Dash said.

"A fast tempo form a fast hedgehog." Spike said.

Once the song ended, everyone gave Sonic and applause as he made his way off the stage and back with the group.

"Wow Sonic that was amazing!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"That's something we all can agree on." Applejack said as the others mumered in agreement.

"It was nothing really, I just figured I'd try something creative is all." Sonic said as he scratched the of his head.

"Where did you learn to use a remix table anyway?" Spike asked.

"I'll tell you another time, for now let's enjoy the rest of the party." Sonic said as he made his way to the dance floor.


It's been about two hours after the party ended and we find Sonic and Spike in Sonic's room as they finished reading the comic they bought earlier in the day.

"...And from there on, Maric joined the Power Ponies and together they continue to to protect the city from evil." Sonic read before closing the comic.

"Wow, that was epic!" Spike exclaimed, "And to think the author based Maric off of you Sonic!"

"I can't believe it either, although I'm curious why the author did it." Sonic said.

"Whatever the reason, it'll definitely increase your already amazing popularity."

"Anyways it's time for you to go to bed Spike." Sonic said as he put the comic away and began walking Spike to his and Twilight's room.

Once they were inside, Sonic, (much to Spike's persistence) tucked Spike into his bed.

Sonic was about to leave then Spike called out, "Sonic."

Sonic stopped and asked, "Yeah Spike?"

Spike got out of bed and made his way towards Sonic before giving him a hug. "You're the best big brother ever." he said.

Sonic returned the embrace and said, "And you're the best little brother ever."

After ending the embrace, Sonic tucked Spike in again before saying goodnight and leaving the room, only to see Twilight outside waiting for him.

"That was very sweet of you, Sonic." She said.

"What can I say? He is my little brother." Sonic responded.

"It's really nice to see you as Spike's BBBFF."

"The little guy does need someone to look up to, and I guess I'm the hedgehog for the job."

"Anyway it's getting late, we should get some sleep."

"I hear ya." Sonic said before making his way to his room, "Goodnight, sis."

"Goodnight, bro." Twilight responded with a smile before entering her room and turning in for the night.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this chapter isn't that great but you enjoyed it either way.

PreviousChapters Next