• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 11,741 Views, 425 Comments

Prince Sonic the Hedgehog - castroedgar316



One night princess Celestia was gazing at the moon remembering the incident that happened less that a thousand years ago when a bright blue light appears before her.

  • ...
54
 425
 11,741

PreviousChapters Next
Nightmare Moon Strikes

The next day when it was close to sunset, the group was discussing about what they should do once it becomes night.

"We somehow need to find a way to locate Nightmare Moon." Sonic said.

"But how?" Twilight asked , "She could be anywhere in equestria right now! Although you can sense her magic when you become the werehog, there will still be her minions who put you in the wrong trail and we're not completely sure the range where you are capable of sensing her magic.

"She does have a point." Princess Luna said, "Unless I assist."

"What do you mean Aunt Luna?" Cadence asked.

Sonic snapped his fingers and said, "Of course! You sensed her coming the night she attacked, and with the help of your magic, we should have quite the sensing range."

"Even if we do find her, me and the girls would still need to use the Elements of Harmony on her," Twilight said, "and I doubt she'll be willing to get blasted by them again."

"Then we'll do what we did before, except this time, I'll be the super werehog." Sonic suggested.

"You should go with hyper werehog just in case." Rainbow Dash said.

"Although that could help, she'll do everything she can to avoid getting hit." Twilight pointed out.

Sonic thought for moment before suggesting, "How about I use chaos shield on her?"

"How would that work?" Applejack asked.

"Simple, once I weakened her enough, I'll trap her in chaos shield." Sonic explained, "And once you use the Elements of Harmony, I'll take out the barrier at the last second and then boom! Nightmare Moon is history!"

"That could actually work." Twilight said.

"But couldn't Nightmare Moon create her own barrier?" Shining Armor asked.

"That's why I'll have to weaken her first," Sonic said, "that way, she'll be too tired to use any of her spells."

"That's the best plan we have so we'll have to use it." Twilight said.

"Even with a plan as good as that, you all will still need to proceed with caution." Princess Celestia said.

"Don't worry mom, we'll get extra careful once we confront Nightmare Moon." Sonic assured.

"Then let's put your plan into action." Princess Luna said as she began to raise the moon.

Nodding, Princess Celestia begun to lower the sun. Once the sun disappeared behind the horizon, purple mist surrounds Sonic for a moment before disappearing, leaving only Sonic in his werehog form behind.

Not even a second passed when Sonic's right ear began twitching.

"I'm sensing a huge amount of Nightmare Moon's magic." Sonic said, "And it appears to be heading towards...
The city!"


Outside of canterlot, what appeared to be an army of Nightmare Moon's minions were marching towards the city while Nightmare Moon herself was looking over it all.

"Go my minions!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed, "Attack! And don't stop until the Princesses, the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, and that meddlesome hedgehog is captured!"


"Princess!" Exclaimed a guard as he came in, "An entire army of Nightmare Moon's minions is approaching the city!"

"Gather all the troops and do the best you to keep them out of the city!" Princess Celestia ordered.

"Right away Princess!" The guard said before running off.

"I guess Nightmare Moon was a step ahead of us seeing how she's already has an army heading straight towards us." Sonic said.

"Then we must do our best to handle it!" Princess Celestia said, "If we don't stop that army, canterlot will be destroyed!"

"Then I suggest we get started!" Shining Armor said, before he and everyone else run to help support the guards.


Not too long later, Sonic, the royal couple, the mane six (wearing their respective Elements), and the Princesses arrived at the city's main gate and where saw what seemed to be thousands of Nightmare Moon's minions heading towards them.

"This is definitely going to be harder than any of us thought it would be." Sonic said.

"You said it!" Shining Armor agreed.

"What should we do?" Twilight asked.

Sonic thought for a bit before ordering, "All unicorns, shot magic bolts at them until they're almost at the gate, then everypony will move in and attack!"

With that all the unicorn guards along with Twilight, Shining Armor, the Princesses and Sonic (who was shooting chaos spears) began to do just that and where taking out a decent amount of Nightmare Moon's minions.

However, it didn't take long for the minions to arrive at the gate but before they could attempt to break it, Sonic uses chaos control to teleport himself some guards and the group in front of them before attacking head-on.

"Fools!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed, "You won't be able to keep my minions out forever!"

With that Nightmare Moon points her horn towards a group of her minions before firing a beam at them. Once the beam struck, it combined several of them and made them into titans.

"Looks like we have titans to deal with!" Shining Armor exclaimed.

"I doubt if I activated that blue aura again it'll be enough to take down all of them, it would probably last for one or two tops!" Sonic admitted.

"Then let's strike them together." Princess Celestia said as she and Luna stepped up.

Getting what she meant, Sonic begins shooting chaos spears at the titans as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna fired beams. When their attacks collided it became one large beam that began taking the titans down one-by-one.

Although the minions kept coming, everyone began finding the situation to be easy to deal with. A little too easy, Sonic began to think.

'Nightmare Moon must be up to something,' Sonic thought to himself, 'No way she would simply stand there and watch her forces slowly but surely get defeated.'

As if she read his mind, Nightmare Moon suddenly charges her horn before firing a beam at her minions yet again. This time when it collided however, all her remaining minions turned into purple smoke before coming together. The purple smoke cloud then began to take shape until it revealed a creature with a long snake-like body, skinny arms and hands that had long, sharp blue claws, three green eyes and what appeared to be a long row of teeth next to it's mouth.

"What in equestria is that thing!?!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Behold!" Nightmare Moon announcing, "Take a good look at my most powerful minion yet! Dark Gaia!"

At the mention of it's name, Dark Gaia let's out a loud roar.

"Not good!" Shining Armor said.

"Now if you don't want you precious city to be destroyed, I suggest that you all surrender!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed.

"There is no way we will surrender to you Nightmare Moon!" Princess Luna yelled.

"Don't be foolish!" Nightmare Moon called back, "There is no possible way you could defeat my Dark Gaia!"

"Not unless I do something!" Sonic exclaimed before summoning the chaos emeralds.

Knowing what he was about to do, Nightmare Moon shots a beam in an attempt to stop Sonic.

"Not this time!" Sonic exclaimed as she activated chaos shield and blocked the blast."

"Time to show Dark Gaia the light!" Sonic exclaimed before a flash occurs.

Once the flash died down, everyone saw that Sonic had become the Super Werehog.

"Destroy that hedgehog!" Nightmare Moon commanded Dark Gaia as said beast let out a roar in response.

"It's Werehog while I'm like this!" Super Sonic exclaimed as he charged at Dark Gaia.

Dark Gaia started off by slashing at Super Sonic, said super werehog dodged the attack and used his stretchy arms and delivered a punch to Dark Gaia's face.

After that, Dark Gaia sprouted tentacles out of it's back and tried to hit Super Sonic with them. Super Sonic had a hard time avoiding them due to how fast they were moving and was eventually smacked into the ground by one of them.

After getting back up, Super Sonic began to do homing attacks all over Dark Gaia's boby which didn't effect it too much. Despite this, Super Sonic continued to do this until he hit one of it's eyes, causing it to screech in pain.

"So, you're weak spot is your eyes huh?" Super Sonic asked, "I think I'll take advantage of that!"

With that, Super Sonic continually attacks Dark Gaia's three eyes in hopes of weakening it enough to finish it off. But Dark Gaia had other plans as it shot a beam out of it's mouth that struck Sonic, digging him into the ground.

When he got back up, with a angry tone Super Sonic said, "Huh? I actually felt that!"

"Uh oh, looks like Dark Gaia just signed it's death warrant!" Rainbow Dash said.

Deciding to give Dark Gaia a taste of it's own medicine, Super Sonic readied a powerful beam of his own.

"Chaos..." Super Sonic began as his yellow aura began to turn red.

"Shining! Put a barrier over canterlot now!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Already on it!" Shining Armor replied as he did as he was told.

After changing up for a moment, Super Sonic yelled, "BLAST!!!" before a large beam of energy was shot at Dark Gaia.

Dark Gaia responded by shooting a a beam of it's own. When the two beams collided, they fought for dominance for a moment before Super Sonic's chaos blast over powered Dark Gaia's beam and struck said beast, causing a large explosion after doing so.

Dark Gaia was actually pushed back by the attack and began to look weak.

"Time to finish this! Super Sonic said before letting out a howl, causing a blue aura to form around his yellow one.

Once he was really, Super Sonic charged at Dark Gaia at full speed and was aiming for it's head.

"I won't allow you destroy my most powerful minion!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed as she shot beams in attempt to stop Super Sonic, said hedgehog easily dodged the attacks and continued to make his way towards Dark Gaia.

Dark Gaia tried to defend itself by holding it's arms in front of it's head in defense, but that proved pointless as Super Sonic went right through and cleanly came out from the back of the beasts head.

Dark Gaia remained still for a moment before falling onto it's back and exploding into the huge cloud purple smoke it was made from.

"NO!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed.

"Alright Sonic!" The group cheered.

Angry at her loss, Nightmare Moon quickly absorbs the purple smoke before saying, "You may have defeated my Dark Gaia, but you're never going to defeat me!"

With that, Nightmare Moon turns into her smoke form and flies off.

After watching Nightmare Moon retreat, Super Sonic joins the others before powering down.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say she'll won't be back for a while." Shining Armor said.

"With that knowledge, I say that gives us the perfect time to go to the offensive." Sonic said.

"Why's that Sonic?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Nightmare Moon more than likely believes that we'll try to prep canterlot in case she decides to attack again, but what she might be caught off guard if we strike now." Sonic explained.

"That's actually a good point." Twilight agreed.

"If that is what you think you must do, then I approve." Princess Celestia said, "But please be careful."

"Don't worry mom, we will." Sonic assured before turning to Luna, "Think you can point us in the right direction Aunt Luna?"

"Of course dear nephew." Princess Luna responded before closing her eyes for a moment.

Once she opened them she said, "It appears she is somewhere in the Everfree Forest."

"I'll give Nightmare Moon some credit, that is more-or-less the last place I'd look for her since it is an obvious place somepony like her would hide." Sonic said.

"Well, we better get going before she decides to attack canterlot again." Shining Armor said.

"Me and Luna will stay here in case that does happen." Princess Celestia said.

"Alright then, keep canterlot safe while we're gone." Sonic said.

Already knowing the drill, the mane six and the royal couple get close to Sonic.

Once they were close enough, Sonic said, "chaos control" and they disappeared in a flash.


Later in the Everfree Forest, the group was following Sonic as he used his ability to track Nightmare Moon's magic in order to find said mare.

"Couldn't we just teleport to the Princess' old castle and see if she's hiding out there?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"If she is there, she would instantly attack us the moment we appeared and catch us off guard." Sonic responded.

"I guess you got a point there." Rainbow Dash said.

As they continued, the group began to smell something bad in the air.

"What in equestria is that foal smell!" Rarity exclaimed.

"If I didn't know any better-" Sonic said before he was tackled to the ground.

The group saw as what appeared to be wolfs made of wood was surrounding Sonic as one large on was on top of him, growling.

"Timberwolves!" The group exclaimed as they watched helplessly as the said creatures held Sonic in place.

The biggest one continued to growl at Sonic before it suddenly began licking him in the face.

"Hey! Cut it out! It tickles!" Sonic laughed as the timberwolf continued.

After watching the gesture for a moment, Rainbow Dash says, "Okay, I'm confused. Why aren't those timberwolves trying to hurt Sonic?"

"Became I'm familiar with this pack." Sonic replied as he got the timberwolf off of him.

"How?" Twilight asked.

"Remember when I said I would hangout with any creature I wouldn come across whenever I go on a run?" Sonic asked, "Well the same goes with animals that aren't really that friendly."

"But how did you tame those timberwolves? Timberwolves are one of the most aggressive creatures in equestria." Fluttershy asked.

"I saved the alpha leader when it was trapped under a bolder and I've been in good terms with it's pack since." Sonic explained.

"How sweet." A voice said.

When the group turned to the source of the voice, they saw Nightmare Moon standing a few feet from them.

"Hardly anything would do something like that for timberwolfs."

"Nightmare Moon!" Everyone exclaimed as they got into a battle stance.

"I admit, it was smart to go after me after my failed attempt to conquer canterlot, but I'll be sure you don't get in the way of my plans anymore." Nightmare Moon said.

"Not going to happen! Sonic exclaimed, "Me and my friends are going to take you down and this time, we'll make sure you won't be a treat to equestria ever again!"

"I'd like to see you try." Nightmare Moon challenged.

Before anyone could respond, the timberwolves leave Sonic's side and charge at Nightmare Moon.

'They'll be perfect.' Nightmare Moon thought to herself before shooting a beam that struck the timberwolves.

The timberwolves themselves began to merge before they began to change into Sonic's current shape.

"What did you do to them Nightmare Moon!?" Sonic asked.

"I decided to recruit them into my army." Nightmare Moon responded, "I'd like you all to meet my newest minion yet. The Timberwerehog!"

PreviousChapters Next