• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 10,057 Views, 1,019 Comments

For Glory! For Equus! For Epicness! - shinigamisparda



A cosplayer is sent to Equestria as his outfit, Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy. After much work he earned the world's trust, but his hardships are just beginning as the world now faces a threat unlike it has ever seen.

Comments ( 104 )

Firstly

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly

I like how Gilgamesh acted like a true leader in this chapter, it made me like him even more than I already did :twilightsmile:

Good chapter, nice to see you working on this again.

I'm surprised this story is still going, I thought it had retired.

Well if you want feedback then go watch ben 10, but on that note from what I read...cant remember the past tense for that word but I loved it dude.

woohoo update*reads chapter* dang now i gotta wait for the next one:trixieshiftright:

"Red Wings" huh? Cecil would be proud and.... has anyone see Kain anywhere? He lost his spear to Freya in a poker game last week and no ones seen him since.

Nice to see this again. For feedback: who were you crossing over with again?
This chapter seems well written, but it has been awhile on what's going on.
Are there any plans to include stuff the new seasons?
Looks good.

one of the very very few displaced fics from the original wave that I like and is still going. Glad to see it still going and still love Gilgamesh

ARGH! ZOMBIE! KILL IT LIKE THE REST!

In all seriousness though; good stuff. Here's hoping that the crossover doesn't fall apart in the last. I know a lot of the Displaced fics have died off.

My one great disappointment in this chapter is that Gilgamesh didn't give his snappy plagiarized speech with epic music of some sort playing in the background.

Yay! Happy Days! Great chapter and looking forward to more.

Character Turn: shinigamisparda

Command: Full-Life

Target: For Glory! For Equus! For Epicness!

For Glory! For Equus! For Epicness! Has been Revived! HP recovery: 5,988

Goddamnit Greg! Last I checked you're not a Dark Knight or a Paladin!

“... This is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuck ,” Pinkie whispered.

PInkie complained?! I would expect either Rainbow or Twilight to say that. Did her Pinkie Sense warn her about the training?

you live!!!!

As long as a story updates at least once every 2 years , I will never question if it lives.

On another note, I can't wait to read what happens next.
Thanks for the great story.

It lives!!!!!

Ty for the chapter. I needed it today.

Also, I'm coming up on a crossover chapter I started that we haven't continued working on since... *goes to look* ... 2015. God, I'm horrible.

Hey, don't sweat it man, at the very least you can rest easy knowing...

that I'm glad to know there's someone worse at getting chapters out than I am. XD

But no, seriously, if a story this good can take so long to upload new chapters, then that tells me that there's hope for me as well. Great work as always Shinigami!

I chuckled. “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood today, Dash.” I straightened up and looked over them one last time. “Alright then. Welcome to the Red Wings.”

I know this is supposed to be important and dramatic and all, but as a Michigander my only response to that was "hey hey hockeytown." having said that though welcome back and can't wait to see the next chapter

Aside from a couple of grammatical errors, it was a splendid chapter! I’m glad to see that the quality of your writing hasn’t suffered from your long hiatus.

Good to see this back. So Red Wings moniker eh? Sounds like a good catch all term for them.

A crossover chapter with what though? Like most people have talked about most of the displaced docs have died off.

Are you referring to the one with SPD Emergency by chance? PRINCESS HEART definitely needs more training if she wants to unlock her Stand given she's already a natural with Harmon. And we need to get Gilgy powered up with his Soul Breaks if we really wanna unleash the pain on Exdeath and anyone else who wants some cold hard justice with a side of EPICNESS!!!

IT LIVES!!! ok with that over, I have some things to say about this. In the war meeting where they talked about ranks, my problem started when Gilgamesh had a moment of conversation with the others. Cryis (shadup) started talking to Gilgamesh, and I thought who was talking next is Gilgamesh, but nope it's Luna. I thought Gilgamesh was going to say something but no it's Celestia. And no I'm not saying you should shut them up and let the grown up talk. My point was, that you something like this. "Blah blah blah" LUNA SAYS OF WHICH CELSTIA REPLYS. " Bloopidy bloopidy blopidy blop" "glomple nop" Gilgy agrees "Nob" Twit corrects (sorry, I'm tired lol) CONCLUSION: you should have use something like ( - Luna says of which Celestia replys.) So would know that it's Celestia talking and not that grey stone statue of bloopidy boop. Thanks.

Yay! Also I think you missed an opportunity for some comedy with Gérard and Gilgamesh reuniting and causing a freak out.

As per usual, I'm not seeing very many errors, save for small spelling errors and minor grammatical errors. Good work.

Seems that Gregory has finished wandering for a bit since the first act.
Wondering if he's ever going to summon allies, or even how considering a lot of authors kinda just dropped their series.

9012919 Considering time shenanigans tend to be a thing, nothing stops him from contacting someone newer on the scene.

Hell, I can think of multiple benefits that could be gained for his world if Gilgamesh made contact with Liz and Sarah, but I need to make more time to write for myself than I currently have available before I think about adding another crossover to my queue.

Bad enough that Shagohad and I are working together on multiple stalled projects as it is.

A few mistakes, but I love your work, so don’t sweat it too much. Oh and

FUCK YEAH ITS BACK!

It took a while but it's still as good as I remember. Keep up the amazing work. :twilightsmile:

Gah, it's a zombie!

Glad to see you back, still loving this story.

Dunno about feedback, it's 4am here and my brainy not worky. But I like this chapter.

Happy to see Gilda and Lightning back, and of course best bughorse queen.

Welp, elite flier team, better dust off all those Ace Combat soundtracks. And of course my Top Gun vinyl.

DANGER ZONE!

'one of the most fear and/or respected' - feared

'you’re the only of of your race' - only one of

'you stay her and play catch' - here

'keep any species feeling like they’re' - species from feeling

'been training our best infiltrators in our armies' training the best

'Dash the Gilda' - Dash and Gilda

'both that your conutries’ has to offer' - both that your countries have to offer

'an amazing general, even Griffonia' - even in Griffonia

'he father asked' - the

You're crossing your streams a little bit there. But it'll be okay so long as you use the Red Wings theme at some point.

Knowing what a leader needs to do and being able to do it are very different things. Gilgamesh may not really believe himself a leader, but he's doing well so far.

The council meeting for how to merge the forces was also a very good step for them to take. That is, at least in part, why most allied countries IRL go with similar rank schemes. Back when I was in the US Navy, they made sure that we knew the rank insignias and equivalent levels for our European, Australia, and Japanese allies, particularly when their ships were nearby, to avoid any confusion. It's for the same reason that Gilgamesh gave here, so that you know in an emergency where the heirarchy sits regardless of who you're around when it comes up.

I kinda expect Lightning Dust may have been amongst the Equestrians to leave, though at the same time her pride may not allow her to quit. Hopefully Dash is able to bury the hatchet with both her and Gilda and rekindle her friendship with Gilda.

I'm hoping that you'll show off at least one of Gilgamesh's combat training sessions with the Princesses, as that would be quite a spectacle to see and really drive home to the combined armies who haven't already seen him fight as to just how good he is. For that matter, I imagine he'd probably rather enjoy another bout with Sir Gregory, and that would have the Griffonian forces completely awestruck.

Also, welcome back. It's a treat to see another chapter of this awesome story show up.

Oh, and also! Red Wings, go!

IT SURVIVES!!!!!!

also good work on this chapter showing once again that Gilgi is not just a numb skull with a fighting fetish and some references.

Its......AAAALIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEEEE HAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Anyways, the situation is getting interestinger and interestinger! Can't wait to see MOAR!!

I know you probably didn't mean them, but for me it was an immediate response.

DEEEEEEETROIT RED WINGS! LET'S GO RED WINGS! *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* LET'S GO RED WINGS!

I chuckled. “You’re lucky I’m in a good mood today, Dash.” I straightened up and looked over them one last time. “Alright then. Welcome to the Red Wings.”

Is this a referance to something ? :trixieshiftright:


It's interesting to see Gilgamesh outside of his comfort zone :trollestia:

Brand new version

it's a shame it was for a non-boisterous and dour one-armed Gilgamesh

My only problem with this chapter was the lack of theme music! :ajsmug:
Here is a suggestion:

:trollestia::derpytongue2:

this reminds me of the red army of Russia

It would seem Discord did too good of a job closing the dimensional barriers, I don't see heads or tails of any other displaced anymore:moustache:

9154134
:rainbowlaugh: Well, personally, I’m not abandoning this or my other displaced anytime soon.

This fic is still alive? AWESOME!!!

Login or register to comment