• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 7,797 Views, 128 Comments

Loving The Dark Side - RainbowBob



Before Shining Armor can claim the coveted title of Captain of the Royal Guard, he must pass an initiation test. Be Princess Luna's guard. What seemed like a boring assignment at first soon becomes a bit more interesting. Especially in the dark.

Comments ( 81 )

LunaArmor? Dis gun be gud...

A whole story, huh? Not even just chapters, but the whole thing.
*whistles*
~ TOOWC

5464715
You betcha, Jesuz.

Soon as I saw your name on the story, I had a boner.

5464735 I see the story, read the description. Instant boner.
also, When you gonna update Jungle Fever?

5464962
Probably next week if me and my buddy are able.

5464673
I go all in if you know what I mean. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

5464667
Oh yeah bby, I just love me some crackshipping.

This was good, hot and smoking!

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I called the shipping! Didn't I?

5465378
You're goddamn right you did.

5465421
My eternal love and gratitude.

Very good story, my friend

Good job, Bob.

5465670
Couldn't have done it without Merc at my side, being sexy as always.

5465722
But of course. Do you two plan on doing future collaborations? (I'm sure you have done in the past and I admittedly didn't pay attention)

5465805
You betcha. Crackships 4 Life!

Crack ship that's good what is this madness.

*blinks*
I'm... not sure what I just read, but...
Not bad. Not bad at all.

I ship it.

But seriously, I think you just gave me an actual ship to sail (is that the proper terminology?) and it's the first one in this fandom. And it contradicts the headcanon I've made. Fuck you, Rainbow. Fuck you and your little Bob too.

5466110
Muhahahahahahahahahaha!

5466149
okay but seriously u make me ship lulu with someone that's just mean; ur mean rainbowbob

That's one badass Luna!

5466175

Thanks. I like writing her tougher. I prefer a warrior over a more meek character, like she's usually shown to be in the fandom.

5466110 Dude, you are now sailing on the ship S.S LunaArmor!

From chapter 5:

I mean, she hasn’t completely opened up to me over these past few months, but we’ve been making promise.

'been making promise' seems like a really odd way to word this. It's been a promising start, perhaps? Or, we've been making headway?

“...It was Blueblood, wasn’t it?”

“Perhaps,” Luna replied. Though the answer clearly meant ‘yes.’

This just seems like the easy way out. Might have been better if Luna ditched her date for being boring. Or perhaps even better than that if it had been Celestia purposefully giving her a bad date to make Shining look good.

Chapter 6:
You abused the ellipses a bit in their conversation.

Plus, you actually made a guard duty not boring.

Probably better without the a.

All together, this was a great story. I really loved this type of characterization for Luna.

Dear Christ let there be a sequel to this!

5466277 I concur. She was in fact the head of the royal armies at the time, so it only makes sense that she possesses the abilities of a warrior.

The cover art reminds me of mistral.

Me seeing the cover art:

a fuck, i need to read this shit now

:pinkiecrazy:

Earlier Me: Dis? Gun b guuuud.

Present Me: Dis? Was guuuuuuud!

That was so effing hot. This is among the best luna shipfics i've ever read (and i've read quite a few).
O dear where to start... first off kudos to you for choosing the cover art. Damn, just when i was planning to have a full night's sleep this helluva story with its *@$$=+-^ cover art comes along. Oh well, goodbye sleep.
Second, your luna. Your luna was dropdead, legendary, intensity 9000, sexy. SEXY. It's not just because of the picture, she's goddamn sexy because of how you wrote her. Her cool aloof and mysterious demeanor add to that her hardy personality and martial prowess... dayuuuummm.
Third and last, the love scene. It was divine in execution. I was expecting a hardcore-wild, frenzied sex craze but what i got was a tender, enthralling, heart-racing, lovemaking. It was hot as celestias sun... yes.
-------

Dear princess celestia,
Today i've learned how much of an awesome sonofagun-writer rainbowbob truly is.

Your faithful(soon to be sleep deprived) student,
EbonHaste

5466970 from MGR? If so.... RULES OF NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5468118 Yeah, bro! If she dyed her hair blue and got her limbs back, that's her spitting image.

oh its one of your stories.
guess I better go read it :rainbowdetermined2:

Nice story.
Shit, how'd an hour go by? :rainbowderp:

You done gud, Rainbow (and Merc too!)

5464962 Stop being that guy.

That was a good story. Not a typical clop and drop story which you usually find on here, but an actual story with a plot(not THAT kind of plot), detailed and evolving characters and actual feelings. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this from start to finish, and I will definately keep an eye on your works in the future :raritywink:

I rate this :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:/10

I enjoyed this story far too much. Excellent build up, great descriptions, and while Shining's dialogue was on the level, Luna's was amazing. My favorite sections were their initial interactions in the guards' workout area.

My only real criticism is that you might want to proofread more, but really, that's it. I wish other stories had more leading up to the sex, which should only be a bonus where romance is concerned. I think this story did that very well. Kudos.

5465918
Ya gotta love 'em!

5466419
5465935
Got my laptop, fixed 'em up real good now!

5465516
Thanks amigo!

5465670
And you too! Thanks!

5465994
Why thank you. :twilightsheepish:

5469361
Got it, thanks for the help! :scootangel:

5469690
Wow, that means a lot coming from you (why wasn't I following you before?). My friend Merc is a real genius with Luna's dialogue, which is why I signed him up for the project. And yeah, sorry if it was a bit rusty around the edges. My editor (who wants to remain anonymous) just PMed me there were some mistakes in the doc that they forgot to point out, so right now I'm giving it a second look through (damn docs editing is a hassle). But in any event, I'm really glad you enjoy it. :twilightsmile:

5469843
Glad you liked it! :pinkiesmile:

The whole buildup was simply lovely, well I guess the whole story was lovely.

Definitely a good read. I hadn't put too much thought to this pairing in sincerity, but just...well, damn. Props to you for making such a lovely piece of writing!

5470965
Actually, ser is an honorific used in fiction as a gender neutral version of sir and is usually applied to knights or nobility. It's been used in A Song Of Ice And Fire as well as Dragon Age Origins.

Login or register to comment