• Published 21st Jan 2014
  • 22,355 Views, 465 Comments

The Two Between - Lapis-Lazuli and Stitch



Sunset Shimmer struggles to embrace her new relationship with Twilight Sparkle. And learns there is more to friendship - and love - than being nice to somepony you like.

Comments ( 106 )

Ending this story off with Futa-Light filling Sunset Shimmer with magic batter, dood? Definitely worth the watch and glad I read every chapter, dood.:pinkiehappy:

Praise the Sunlight!

what, its over? you better have a sequel in the wings or i am gonna war protest or something!

aka, nice story. really want to see if any drama to brewed with poor rarity............ then again putting drama into her might not be the wisest choice either. especially considering thre is no certainty if all of the Nightmare was removed from her.

*sigh* I don't want to sound mean or harsh and I hope this doesn't come out that way but...

I really think the "ending" left a little too much open. I mean, yeah I know there might be a sequel, but the way this ended feels... arbitrary. Like you guys obviously have more stuff already written and this is just a random "The End" thrown in for no good reason. I've read a lot of fic and book series and each part of them feels like a self-contained story with an overarching narrative that continues from story to story. Still, this was enjoyable and I hope to see the sequel eventually. If there is one, who will publish it? Lapis-Lazuli or Inky Jay?

3860608 We actually don't have anything else written at the moment, but hear me out.

Okay, for those of you who want to know, here's the deal. This was, originally, planned as a stand alone. Changes in the story during writing opened up a future for a possible sequel. We decided, as two writers, to leave the future open to some interpretation in case the fic worked out popular enough to warrant a sequel.

We are both firm believers in the story concept that a real story, that reflects something that could be real life, never ties off all of the situations with a neat little string. Life is never, ever that straightforward, and I personally find any story which easily ties off EVERYTHING to be kind of contrived in and of itself.

This story ended here because we see it as a good stopping point, a place where the lives of Sunset and Twilight are still facing challenges, but the original conflict they faced has been overcome and now they are moving on to the next phase in their lives. While other conflicts loom, they have now dedicated themselves to one another, tying off the initial story arc.

Don't worry folks, a Sequel is already in the planning stages, and an outline will probably be finalized sometime tomorrow. This has been a huge success for us both, and we're eager to continue on, as writing this, I'll confess, was a LOT of fun.

Also: In the interests of reaching the widest audiences, Myself and Inky have decided to publish on this account for the foreseeable future. There may come a day when we create a separate Collab account, but we're still talking about that as a concept.

Thank you all for your support!

I'm still not entirely sure what went down between Rarity and Sunset, but whatever.

I never even realized Lapis Lazuli co-wrote this, or wrote fimfics at all. I only knew that name from the Ask Lapis tumblr.
You can imagine my happy surprise when I find that out.

3860663 We are different Lapis Lazuli's, I am afraid. ^_^;

Well then, if you do decide to continue this(you've set yourself a huge trampoline to bounce a sucession from) I will be there to read it, this was awesome. I've been on this site for over a year and almost all the plot elements were unique to my eyes. I particularly liked the pet\mistress dynamic, I've not seen it so well done before so I have to say that you did it right :eeyup:

Sincerely, BassReaderBrony~

Sorry, but this isn't a resolution, this is a climax.

Heh. Climax.

I'm mildly mollified by the scheduled sequel but... c'mon. There's not wrapping everything up and there's not wrapping anything up.

You introduced a new overarching plot element and utterly failed to resolve it; Rarity's missing that's not an end, that's a beginning. Twilight is finally looking into what's been established as a potentially very unhealthy relationship previously, which utterly unresolves the MAIN, PRIMARY PLOT. Sunset is still re-evaluating her relationship with Rarity. These are all brand new, established and utterly unsubstantiated plot hooks.

If you were going to end it, well, you've established that they're in a relationship now, but that would make a better time to end the story a chapter ago.

This is about the worst place you could reasonably put a resolution. It's... just... wrong. You created far too many new plot arcs and queries this chapter and answered none.

Maybe you could have kept it going until, I don't know, the contract ended and they decided where to go from there. I know you have a penchant for being ambiguous and open ended, so maybe have the contract end and have the story end on Twilight saying "I think I've decided." and leave that up to the reader.

But no. You didn't do that. Now it just feels... amputated.

3860691 Awwwwww. Ah, well. Still a good story, even if a bit oddly open-ended.

3860724

*Sigh*

Contact me sometime, Numbers. I'd like to talk to you in more detail if you're willing / have time.

And so the S. S. Sunset will be sitting in harbor while Captains Lapis and Jay decide our next adventure at sea. But fear not, loyal seaponies, for we shall sail again.

In the meantime, refreshments and cookies are in the commons area, and we'll be enjoying cake at the end of tonight's meal to celebrate.

Also, as a PSA, please place all party supplies in their correct location after tonight. Despite poppular belief, Luggnut cannot fix the engine with streamers, a spork, and a punch cup.

Otherwise, carry on.

~Fre3doM, master of the PSA.

OH COME ON!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage: That's it?!!?!? There's so much more needed to be addressed!! There better be a goddamn sequel!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Also, give us some scenes with Celly and Inkwell, and other pairs pls.:twilightsmile:

'To be continued', 'See you in the sequel' oh you magnificent bastard what have you begun!? Something truly awesome if this first story was any indication, I know I will be very much looking forward to more from the two of you. Especially considering those thoughts from Celestia.:trollestia: Time to buckle in, the ride is just getting started.:twilightsmile:

hope to see sequel soon

That ending!

...Yesssssss.

“I wonder if Twilight knows about the Royal Harem tradition,”

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

~Skeeter The Lurker

I'm really sad to see this as "Completed".

Hopefully the sequel will be a lot longer, because I just cannot get enough of this pairing, this dynamic, and just how much cuteness and love there is. :heart:

Thank you for writing it.

I need a sequal n-naa-ha-haow :raritydespair::raritycry: this is so awesome :raritywink:

im sad now:pinkiesad2: and why havent i favorited u two as my fav collab writers. this was sooooooo good!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

On the one hand; if you hadn't insinuated you might make a sequel, I'd be saying, "What the hell? The story just began!"

On the other hand; I'm pretty glad I didn't need to watch the ensuing love triangle. I've never enjoyed love triangle stories.

Still worth my time.

Then end of another one of your excellent stories, can't wait for the sequel!

You know I never really got this kind of fan-fiction before. But SWEET BAYBY JAYSUS was this a good read.

Now you get out there and get that sequel rolling.

Still, there was plenty here to recommend. She sipped at her tea again and eyeballed the shelves full of her personal diaries over the ages. “I wonder if Twilight knows about the Royal Harem tradition,” she mused softly, rubbing at her chin. Perhaps she ought to send some probing letters to Ponyville to see who might be suitable. One lover would simply not do for her student, after all. There were appearances to be kept up, nothing to mention of course of the fact that… well, that was another concern for another time.

Sweet Luna, I can't even begin to comprehend the Royal Harem concept. Good show, friend, hats off to you! :moustache:
i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/302/170/685.png

This fic is now marked complete...

Now I'll have to wait months for the story to continue :pinkiesad2:

While I can live with where the story ends, I'm more happy that a sequel is in the works.

I now wait patiently for said sequel img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1387/73/1387739229803.gif

I have to agree with MrNumbers, I really love this story but this just does not feel like an ending. It's like if episode 1 ended during the party in the library; sure, Twilight's met the rest of the mane six, but that's just one sub-arc of the overarching story and doesn't provide any kind of closure. I understand the appeal of cliffhangers, but there are SO many cliffhangers here, as well as other plot points mentioned in earlier chapters but barely developed, that this really feels like the story ends somewhere in the middle.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of my all-time favourite fanfics, but it just doesn't provide closure. I hope the sequel will address all of this, but I feel that this story should've been longer on its own rather than ending so abruptly and getting a sequel. But that's just my two cents.

3861012
>S. S. Sunset
"Super Sexy Sunset"?

Well that was not an expected ending :pinkiehappy: I was hoping for more I guess I will have to wait for the sequel :twilightblush: How will we know when the first chapter will be wrote? :twilightoops: So far I usually put comments every chapter but since this was a conglomeration I decided to write it at the end. :twilightsheepish: I loved the way this was wrote enough cute with clop as secondary :twilightblush: It was a good read and I really hope you will place something here to let us know when the 1st chapter of the sequel is written I get updates of this in my email. :twilightsmile: Can't wait to see what happen with Rarity I think it will be interesting with Rarity x Sunset x Twilight love story. I want MOAR! :flutterrage: If that is alright with you :fluttershyouch:

Well. That was an interesting ride. I look forward to the sequel.

Oh very interesting ending if I might say so myself

awww Its over :fluttercry: This was great I look forward to the sequel

3864097 State Ship Sunset...
although.... I wonder what effect that would have on paperwork...

Well...that was a cliffhanger from hell! I can't believe I'm going to have to wait for you guys to outline a sequel if I want more. :fluttercry: I absolutely loved this story.

i'm so happy it's done!!! it's such a good story.

What? Completed? How is this completed? There are so many loose ends. I swear, if there is not a sequel, I will hunt you down and beat you with a wet noodle for giving such a good fic such a mediocre ending

if I'm correct this might just turn out Quite beautifully.:twilightsmile:

3868194 We're already in the planning stages, so relax.

I'm late to the party, got caught up in other things. But! You can rest easy now, Lapis, for I am here to grace the comment section!. :derpytongue2: :pinkiehappy:

So, wow, that ending. I feel that it would have been an open ended ending if it wasn't for Rarity disappearing. That's a major plot arc that had zero progress before the story ended(did I used variations of 'end' enough times?).
It's kinda like, "Hey, Rarity's gone! Whelp, goodnight everybody!" *cue Looney Tunes theme*
In case you have multiple sequels in mind...please don't end the upcoming one with such a large and unfinished plot hook.

With that out of the way, the whole story was a blast to read. You and Inky Jay did a great job breathing life into Sunset. We don't really have that much material to go by for her. We have EQG(may it be killed with fire) and a one shot comic that gives a very brief glimpse into her past. With so little to work with I felt you guys made her a very interesting character to read. Hats off to you.

In that same line of thought I would like some scenes with Sunset assisting with research and magic experiments with Twilight. The sexy scenes are fun but at the same time Sunset is magically gifted and intelligent. It would be nice to see her use her talents to the fullest while also being a subservient pet. A sort of being submissive allows her to use her qualities to the fullest without fear of going all 'world domination' on everypony.

I'm looking forward to the sequel. Glad this story got a lot of attention and that you guys had fun writing it!

Okay, this is going to take some thought, as I have to say something personal without getting too personal or in-depth. Here it goes.

I want the sort of relationship that Sunset has with Twilight by the end of the fic. Someone saw that in me before I did, just as Rarity saw it Sunset, only that person wasn't Rarity. He wasn't a good person. Hell, he wasn't even decent. He manipulated me and threw me away when he was done with me. That memory made this difficult for me to read, but I'm glad I did. Twilight is still herself in this fic, which I love. She's still moral, exceptionally caring, and protective. She's everything a Mistress should be, and Sunset's devotion to her is exactly what a great pet needs. So yeah, I'm glad I read this. Just as ponies do for me in every other way, I hope they can help me here, that a good fiction can act as a bulwark against a horrible memory.

Onto something less personal! I liked the open-ended way this concluded, unlike some people in the comment section. I think it makes a whole lot of realistic sense. I also think we in the brony fandom are pretty spoiled, since most "two part" episodes have both parts aired together. This is what it's like when they aren't. I watch Doctor Who, so I can definitely survive the wait.

words can not describe the mixed feelings i have about this ending. i mean we got some of this::applecry:, a little bit of this::flutterrage: and a whole lot of this::pinkiehappy::heart:, and to to it off we got this::trollestia: and that's just the surface of the emotions. Thank alot.

Okay, minus the whole BDSM thing, this was everything I could ever hoped for a Sunset-Twilight shipping fic to be [almost what I had in mind..sorta]. The strong character development, especially in regards to Sunset Shimmer, and the story-plot was what really kept this going for me [not that they were the only things, lol]! This was truly a [mature] Masterpiece. I really look forward to the sequel.:twilightsmile:

Oh man Lapis, this was a fun read. Definitely looking forward to that sequel!

3860724

I'd classify last chapter as the conclusion of the fic. This one is like when you buy a paperback from a series and at the end it has the first chapter of the next book in the series.

Oh. My. Gooeyness! This story is fraught, fraught I tell you! with potential!:rainbowkiss: It reminds me a lot of another fic, "Trxie's Magic Bit" which also got rather hard core in terms of both clop and plot. Well done sir! I can't wait for more!:twilightsmile:

YES YES YES !!!!!! THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE 10/10 MUSTACHES:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

this does look promising. guess I'll have to take the time to read, any time oon.

Login or register to comment