• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,985 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,985

PreviousChapters Next
Violence

Draco sighed as two Solar Guards marched ahead to check the streets adjacent to his. On the signal, he was motioned to walk, another two at his side and a fifth behind. He reached the school just in time, the bell and teacher usbering the students in. Ember waited for him, even if it meant she would be late.

"What are those guards here for?" she questioned.

"My Mom," he sighed. "Come on. Ms. Dawn's waiting for us."

They walked in and sat down in their usual seats. As usual, the rest of the class was instructed to turn to a textbook page while Draco sat in his seat. He stared out the window, a small sense of longing gnawing in his mind. He wanted so badly to jump out the window, land on the roof of the home next to their school, then climb the others. But his Mother said she didn't want him to do that, so he decided against it.

He felt a tap on his thigh, and looking down he saw a green tail holding a small note. Draco took it and uncrumpled it.

"There's more to what you're telling me, Draco. If it's bothering you that much, you must tell somepony."

Grabbing his quil, he scribbled down a response, then dropped it on the floor. They devised the note passing the first month of school. She would use her tail to pass him notes, and when he wanted to give her one, he'd drop it on the floor. Her tail slithered under his desk, taking the note and bringing it up to her desk. She sighed, then continued solving her literature problems.

The boredom made it impossible to think about anything but running, jumping, climbing and multiple other things. He opened a folder and took out a blank sheet of paper. Dipping his quil in the inkwell, he sketched quickly across the sheet. First a frazzled mand, then borders for the multiple colors, the face, a small body, wings, a cloud with multi-colored lightning.

He stared at the image of Rainbow Dash he drew. It was almost a year since she moved, but he still remembered all the times they played together. Speaking of which urged him to grab another piece of paper. He drew a horn, then a thoroughly brushed mane with three tones, another small body, her tail, and the sparkle-like cutie mark.

Twilight was really smart, and she was really nice. She was the exact opposite of Rainbow, but they still got along. She even taught him bookfort and secret passwords. And he almost never found her in hide and seek. That is, until he started smelling her. Her and every other pony he was within a block of. He still hadn't told his mother, because he thought she would only get more worried.

It did help him when Twilight was trying to sneak up on him though!

"Alright class, lunch time!" Ms. Dawn chirped. The students closed their books and made way to the school yard.

Draco grabbed his lunch bag and went to wait for Ember by their usual lunch table. He dug into his veggie sandwich, and as usual, he didn't like it. Chef Pan was an amazing cook, hooves down. But ever since he grew his canines he just… hated eating lettuce and tomato every single day. He just couldn't understand what he wanted to eat.

"Somethin' wrong?" Draco looked up, where Peck was gazing down at him.

"Not really," he sighed. "Do you need anything?"

She chuckled and sat down opposite him. "You suck at lying, little dude," she said. "Come on, what's up?"

Ember sat down beside him, opening her metal lunchbox and pulling out a large hunk of raw meat. Peck ogled the steak, but Draco started sniffing immediately. The smell was that of raw flesh: a bit smelly, not too enticing. But there was a small interest he had in it. It smelled very much like something… something… he couldn't say what, but it was familiar.

"Something wrong, Draco?" Ember asked. The two females recognized his staring, but they were just making sure before drawing conclusions.

Draco shook his head. "Oh… nothing, it just-"

"You've never looked at either of our lunches like that before," Peck smirked. He struggled to respond, and it gave them both a glimpse of his chompers.

"When did those come in?" Ember quickly asked.

Draco snapped his mouth shut. "It was a few days ago," he mumbled.

"You know what they mean, right?" Peck asked. Draco shook his head, and she put her lunch box on the table. She pulled out a much darker piece of meat, and the smell made him drool. "I knew it!"

"Draco, those teeth mean you have a love for meat," Ember explained.

Peck ripped her steak in half and handed him a half. "Try it."

Draco hesitantly took it, bringing it close to his mouth. Right under his nose, his instincts kicked in, and he snapped his jaw around as much of it as he could. His teeth sliced straight through it, and he chewed some before swallowing. It wasn't long before he downed the entire thing, his appetite being sated.

"I guess you really like meat," Peck laughed. "Don't worry, squirt. I'll bring you another piece tomorrow."

"Sure!" Draco smiled.

"But still, why did the Royal Guard escort you?" Ember asked.

"Oh, a few days ago-"

The entire yard silenced when the door slammed open. Dune stomped out of the building and threw his lunch onto the table. Heavy and Shadow glanced towards the three of them, then to the ponies near the swings. The groups shrugged, but Draco got up.

"Draco," Ember said. "Leave him."

"If he's mad, maybe he'll want to talk about it," he told her. "I'm just gonna try."

She held onto his wrist, then sighed as she released him. Draco went over, raising his eyebrow at Dune's angry mumbling. He sat down next to him, keeping silent when he noticed the boy.

"You okay?" Draco asked. Dune picked his head up, and Draco leaned back a bit when he saw the anger in his eyes.

"No, I'm not," he sneered. "Your goddamn cousin is the biggest prick I can think of."

"Blueblood?" Draco questioned. "He's not-"

"Your cousin, Draco, is the biggest douche slash flankhole I've ever met," he exclaimed. "I swear, even Neon's less annoying than him!"

"I take offense to that!" Neon shouted, giggling after.

"Stop calling my cousin names, for one," Draco said. "And two, what did he do?"

Dune stood up, and Ember sat so she was ready to charge at him. "Your cousin got two of the toughest unicorns to send my cousin to the hospital, and he hasn't even gotten caught!" he shouted in his face.

"It could have been-"

"Your damn cousin helped them!" he yelled. "My cousin has a magic concussion, a dislocated shoulder, and a cracked horn! You tell him I'm gonna kick his flank and see how he likes a broken horn!"

Draco stood up as well, getting angered by his threats. "You're not hurting my cousin!" he screamed.

"And who's gonna stop me?!" he shouted, pushing Draco back.

Ember started to run over, and Dune set up a magic field around them. The rest of their classmates ran over, sensing what was about to go down. Draco stomped back over and pushed Dune as hard as he could. Dune grunted and ran straight at him, his horn pointed straight for him. Draco's vision changed for a split second. He grabbed the unicorn's horn, using his other hand to grab hold of his leg. Every one of his classmates dropped their jaws when Draco tossed the biggest pony in their school across the yard.

Dune smacked his back into a red table, shouting in pain and writhing on the floor. The onlookers expected Draco to stand there, but then he started moving forward. Dune got onto his hooves, grunting from the soreness in his back. Draco uppercut him, making them all gasp as the unicorn was lifted off his hooves. Dune was on his back again, and Draco squatted over him to start punching his face.

Ember put Draco into a masterlock and pinned him on the ground, struggling to keep him down. "Draco… enough already!" she grunted.

"You engol about my tikado jro nagutsko!" he screamed. Shadow and Heavy checked to make sure Dune was alright, worrying when they realized he was unconscious.

"Peck, get Ms. Dawn!" Lily shouted. The griffoness nodded and flew into the building.

Draco still struggled to break free. He wanted nothing more than to beat Dune senseless, but Ember and Heavy's weight was the only thing stopping him.



"A fight?!" Draco winced as he heard his mother shout. "You get into a fight, and give your classmate a concussion?! Draco, who has taught you anything like that?!"

"But he was making fun of Blueblood!" Draco yelled back. "He said he was gonna hurt him because Blueblood hurt his cousin!"

"He what?!" Celestia exclaimed. She sighed, putting a hoof to her forehead. "That doesn't mean you try and beat a classmate! Throwing him was enough!"

"I was only-!"

"You're not going to school anymore," she said sternly. "I'll hire tutors, but you'll be staying here."

"But-!"

"ENOUGH, DRACO!" Celestia's voice boomed. "YOU'RE GROUNDED FOR THE NEXT MONTH!"

Draco whimpered softly, a tear trailing down his seething face. "I hate you," he mumbled.

"Excuse-"

"I HATE YOU!" Draco screamed. He ran out of his mother's room, leaving her stunned.

He ran to the one place he knew she would never look. He curled up and cried as hard as possible, sitting on the old hay of the Canterlot dungeon. He'd never see Ember. No Peck, no Neon, or Heavy, and Lily, and Shadow. He'd only ever see-

"Draco?"

He gasped, wiping the tears away and looking towards the entrance. "How did you find me?" he asked.

Twilight smiled lightly, coming over to sit in front of him. "This is your favorite hiding place, remember?" He would have hit himself, but he was too busy sniffling harshly.

"I hate my Mother," he sobbed. "I hate her."

"No you don't," she smiled. "Did she yell at you?"

He nodded, sniffling hard. "She said I can't go to school anymore, and that I'm in trouble for a month," he sniffled. "I-"

"Draco," Twilight said softly. "My Mommy says that when adults yell at you, it's because you did something wrong."

"But he was making fun of my cousin," Draco defended. "He said he would hurt Blueblood."

"But you have to tell the teacher," she insisted.

Draco stared at her for a moment, then buried his head into his arms sitting on his knees. Twilight frowned sadly, then shuffled next to him and hugged him hard. He couldn't see the slight tint of pink in her cheeks, but he let it all out while she nuzzled him gently.

Upstairs, Blueblood was groaning over his magic homwork when his aunt came barging in. "Tia, I'm studying!" he whined.

Celestia stood above him, obviously angry with him. "Did you hurt a colt at your school?" she asked calmly, which frightened him.

"W-Why would I-" He shut his mouth when Celestia's eyes narrowed harshly.

"Draco told me that you and two other stallions hospitalized a unicorn," she said with less serenity. "Is that true?!"

He gulped, beads of sweat forming around his forehead. "W-Well…" It was all Celestia needed to lose her head.

"YOU'D BETTER HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR THIS!" she shouted. "THERE COULDN'T BE ANY REASON FOR YOU TO NEARLY PUT HIM IN CRITICAL CONDITION. YOUR BEATING ALMOST HAD YOU BEAT YOURSELF! DRACO FOUGHT JUST TO KEEP YOU SAFE!"

Blueblood winced with every shout, but gasped upon hearing his cousin's deed. Behind his aunt, Cadence watched and waited until her aunt was done. Celestia calmed down just enough so that she wasn't screaming.

"I'm grounding you just as long as him," she said. "No if, and's, or but's. And if I so much as hear you speaking down to him, you won't leave this castle until you're eighteen."

Blueblood lowered his head in shame. "Yes, Tia," he grumbled.

She huffed and marched out, giving her other niece an unsure look. Cadence walked in shortly after, smirking a bit. "And you hated him," she scoffed with a shake of her head.

"Look what's he's gotten me into," Blueblood grumbled.

Cadence used a blowback spell to throw him onto his back. Using her magic, she levitated him over, her own rage surfacing. "He not only stopped somepony from hurting you, but he always tells me how smart you are, how nice you are, but everypony - even Tia - knows you're the biggest flankhole in Equestria!" she shouted. "You have to be the luckiest stallion alive to have a cousin that loves you like him. And you're still the stuck up, bratty, filly you've always been."

She dropped him onto the floor, stomping out of the room to try and find her little cousin.

Author's Note:

Here we are, just a little something for you guys! As always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! Peace!

PreviousChapters Next