• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,965 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,965

PreviousChapters Next
The Power of the Gods


Canterlot Castle

"Move!" Urishana ordered as she placed her hands on Ember's head, keeping the thrashing dragoness down. "Ember! Push! That's all you need to do!"

"WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M DOING?!" Ember roared, her tail flailing madly, the axe-like end cutting one of the master healer's assistants.

"Grab her tail!" Urishana shouted, pulling her back down as she kept trying to move.

Moon grabbed hold of the long appendage and used his weight to keep it on the ground beside the bed. "Is it almost out?!" The lunar wolf shouted, struggling to keep the convulsing tail from moving.

"I can see the… shell…" Quzinak, Urishana's top assistant, slowly said. "Just keep going!"

Ember roared as loud as she could, fire spewing from her maw along with her cries. Her father flapped his wings to disperse the flames before anything could catch fire. He moved to the side of her bed and grasped her claw firmly, grunting as he felt her try to crush it in her grip.

"You're doing well, Ember!" He told her, using his other elbow to pin her chest down.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Ember screamed, Urishana struggling to pull her head back down. "HOW MUCH MORE?!"

"Push, Ember!" Quzinak yelled. "Come on!"


Derekosh grunted as he hit the ground hard, his hammer flinging away as he skidded to a halt. He felt several Signa energies vanish with every spike the Iikro gave off. The ship rumbled with every attack the League and Signa launched. Derekosh pulled himself up to his feet, glancing to the four mutilated bodies around him. He growled as he ran to grab his hammer and leaped into the trees. With another roar, he launched himself out of the canopy and directly towards the Iikro, who was facing four of the League members at once.

Figanti cried out as the Iikro blasted him backwards and kicked Portok and Lokor downwards, parrying Nagashu's blade and punching Derekosh back down. Jaqeluu and Fermot were joined by a dozen other Signa as they all sprang from the trees to try and take out the monster, but it sent a blast out from its chest and sent them all sailing backwards.

"Enough of this."

The Iikro aimed its palm at the ceiling, then sent a massive beam upwards. Alarms rang out as an enormous hole was made in the top of the ship, and it flew out of the opening and looked out towards the four dreadnoughts aiming their cannons at it. It smirked maliciously, then charged a ball of black energy in each palm, then fired them at the same ship. The cannons fired simultaneously, but the beam tore through the hull of the ship and bypassed it's kinetic barriers with ease. A low hum was followed by an incredible explosion, rocking the ship beneath the Iikro and the others.

The Iikro launched itself at the next ship, cannons and large particle beams hitting it but ineffective. It smashed through the ship, tearing through the ship's interior and killing as many Signa and regulars before bashing through the back, destroying the engines in the process.

Inside the ship, Draco ran as more and more Signa that were fully armored rushed in the opposite direction. "Everyone get off the ship!" He screamed in Neric. "Just go!"

"Get to the evacuation bay, Reku'un!" Agner ordered through their comm link.

"I'm not leaving you all to get yourselves killed!" He yelled, leaning against the wall as the explosion of yet another ship shook the one he was on. "I'm coming to help!"

"IF THE IIKRO GETS YOU THEN THE ARTHANIANS WIN! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!" Agner roared, yelling orders to a group of Signa behind him. "GET TO THE SHUTTLE OR SO HELP ME I WILL SEND YOU AWAY MYSELF! NOW GO!"

The sound of an explosion cut their communication, and Draco growled as he went to run, but stopped as he smelled a familiar scent. He looked through the squads of warriors running past him, then shot his arm out and grabbed one in particular. Draco pulled them helmet off and gasped.

"Nimani?" He exclaimed. "You have to get out of here!"

"Figanti ordered ALL Signa to fight," she said sternly, taking her helmet back. "I must follow orders, Reku'un."

"FUCK THOSE ORDERS, ALRIGHT?!" Draco roared, angered that she wasn't even slightly concerned. "It's a lost cause! Don't throw your life away!"

She bit back a retort and pulled her helmet on as she cried quietly. "Get off this ship, Reku'un," she told him. "There won't be one left in a minute."

She ran down the hall with a passing group of Signa. Draco glanced towards the sign directing towards the evacuation bay before groaning and running after her. He felt massive amounts of energy being used by the League, and he felt awful as Signa signatures fell by the dozen. He'd already sensed thousands of energies disappear, and with the explosion of yet another ship, a couple more thousand vanished from his mind. He ran through the forest, maneuvering past the Nera'ak and Signa that were funneling into the hole, to reach the tree he lived in. He stood in front of his armor and spread his arms as it covered his entire body, then picked up his shield and placed it on his back.

Nyla!

I'm coming!

He leaped off of the tree, grabbing the side of his saddle as Nyla flew towards the hole in the ship. Pulling himself upright, Draco grabbed the reigns and lowered his body to Nyla's.

Reku'un, we cannot fight! You haven't recovered yet!

I have to help! They won't make it!

And neither will you!

I WON'T WATCH EVERYONE DIE FOR ME! NOW COME ON!

Draco looked past the army in the sky that was being torn apart bit by bit. The Iikro controlling his brother fired blast after blast into Nera'ak after Nera'ak. Each League member let loose roars as they kept up a steady stream of attacks. With every one knocked out of the sky, another would try to wound the monstrosity while they recovered. The Iikro sent a wave of energy through the large crowd, knocking a good many out of the sky and even tearing a few in half. He was getting closer, and closer; his heart rate matched Nyla's as they neared the Iikro, and Draco leaped up with his Daedalak in hand, roaring as he swung it in a complete arc.

But the Iikro caught the blade with a hand, then drove its fist into his stomach and grabbed him by the throat. It sent another shockwave to disperse the other charging warriors, then turned the same wave into a field around them. The League and any remaining Signa chipped away at the barrier with blasts and strikes. Draco felt his heart beating in pure terror as he looked into the blackened eyes of his older brother.

"Hmhm. I can hear your heart rapidly beating in your chest," it chuckled lowly, it's voice projected through Jerosh's. "Ah, it's magnificent, isn't it?"

It's hand left his neck, but he could still feel the pressure choking him. He was turned around, looking at his brothers, the League, and Signa as they tried to bring down the barrier. But the Iikro pointed behind them all, and Draco gasped as he saw a dreadnought falling to the planet, hundreds of Nera'ak, dropships and evacuation pods escaping from the disabled vessel. He could still feel many signatures, both Signa and regular, disappearing frequently.

"I understand that they've told you nothing of what I am, of what the Ashla once was. But understand this." The Iikro moved its palm towards another ship, then slowly curled its hand into a fist. Draco's eyes widened as they craft began to crumble like a piece of paper, thousands of signatures falling out of his senses. "This is why the Ashla was created. Why I went into this body. And now it is time I end this."

"You… bastard… you… FUCKING… MONSTER!" Draco roared, trying to raise his energy up.

The Iikro only laughed maniacally, then brought him closer and placed its hand on his chest. "Thank you," it chuckled, focusing energy into its palm.

"Reku'un!" Figanti roared, cracking the barrier as he punched it viciously. "DON'T YOU HARM HIM!"

"FIGHT US, YOU COWARD!" Agner screamed, continually slashing the energy field.

Draco felt the energy pooling into the Iikro's palm, a sphere of darkness humming into existence. The sheer power of it was burning Draco's abdomen, and he felt his heart thumping at an alarming rate. "With your death, the energy of hundreds of Makti die with you. They will be utterly hopeless to the horde. It's energy stabilized, and Draco grunted as he felt it press against his body. "Death to the Loki'irians."

There was a massive explosion, dispersing the frantic warriors, before an even more powerful beam pierced the air. "REKUUUUU'UUUUUN!"

The Alamonshuor family watched as their youngest fell. His energy dropped like a stone, almost as fast as he was falling. Jaqeluu ran to the slop of the ship and leapt from the side, reaching his arms out to grab him. But the Iikro punched him into the ship, then rushed him to smash him inside.

"DIIIIIIEEEEEE!" Derekosh cried as he flew into the Iikro, rapidly striking it in the midsection.

Before they hit the side of the dreadnought, the Iikro spun them around and slammed Derekosh through the hull. Agner leaped off of his Nera'ak and pointed his spear forward, yelling as he got in range and lunged. The staff snapped in half, and the Iikro smacked away his hand then shot its blade forward. Agner grunted weakly, groaning as the Iikro forced the sword to pull up towards his heart. Blood trickled out from the wound and from his mouth, and he weakly grasped the blade to try to stop it from going deeper. His arms fell to the side, and he slumped forward.

"AGNEEEEEER!" Fermot yelled.

The Iikro pulled Agner off of the end, then kicked him back, letting him fall after his little brother. Fermot rushed forward, briefly slashing with his twin daggers before his right hand was sliced off. He screamed in pain, then grunted as its blade was pushed through his heart from behind. Before he could move any more, the Iikro turned him in place and sliced his throat open, then punched him into the ship.

Draco felt his body slam into the ground, a small crater forming from his fall. Blood poured out from the hole in his chest, his vision fading along with all his other senses. He heard another body hit the ground, and he weakly rolled himself onto his side. Agner's lifeless body laid on the sandy land of the Wastelands, hundreds of other warriors littering the forbidden territory. Draco tried to force himself to speak, but blood flooded his mouth, and all that came out were gurgles. Behind his closest brother, he saw Fermot's body land and bounce off of another warrior's corpse. Draco tried to yell, but to no avail.

Agner… Fermot… please… get up…

His brothers' energies vanished completely, and Draco grunted as he weakly pulled himself towards them. There wasn't enough strength left in him after his second pull, and he rolled onto his stomach and coughed up more blood.

…please… Ag…ner……… pl…

There was a growing cold in his body, and his vision was nearly gone.

No… we will not share this fate.

I will not let this… ABOMINATION, wipe out all that my masters have worked for. You have power within you none can match. My counterpart is weakened. All you need to do, is stand. Stand up, Reku'un.

All that you know will cease to exist if you don't stand. Your forefathers stood strong, even in the face of defeat. You are in the face of death, and right now I need you to spit in it.

…I… can't…

Yes, you can. Stand, Reku'un.

Draco squirmed as the missing flesh in his center rapidly replenished. He spat out more of the blood in his mouth and gasped loudly for breath.

Stand, Reku'un. That's all I ask.

Draco rolled onto his stomach, pulling himself onto his elbows as he tried forcing himself to kneel. His knees slid up, and he pushed his body up. His foot leveled with the ground, then his right, and he lurched back as he threw himself up, stumbling wearily before getting his bearings.

Good. Now… brace yourself!

Draco's mark glowed a blinding white, then his eyes did the same as he was lifted from the ground. The metals that normally made up his second form appeared from thin air, glowing just as brightly as the mark. He felt his mind meld with one other, then hundreds of other minds became part of him. His body grew out once more, and his energy skyrocketed, surpassing anything he'd ever felt before. Instead of patches and pieces of metal, his entire body was covered in it, his mask appearing as usual.

The Ashla landed back on the ground, opening its white eyes and getting a feel for the body it had been dormant within. It looked up to the battle above, staring at its dark counterpart with a growing sense of anger.

No more, you drek trarg.

Author's Note:

Sorry for not getting this done sooner! I uh, had an accident with an accident with a window I was fixing and well… nearly destroyed my fingers :twilightblush: Don't worry! Just a bunch of bandages for me :P So yeah, stuff's happening all at once, I hope you guys remember to like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! Peaces!

PreviousChapters Next