• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,967 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,967

PreviousChapters Next
Getting Rest (III of V)


Moon's POV


I laid awake… my beautiful marefriend laying beside me with her back against my chest, her smell wafting into my snout. Ever since Draco returned with Ember, and finally admitted his love along with her, our relationship became stronger. I healed… and each day I would visit her, hoping I could catch a glimpse of her gorgeous face. I would help her with her animals, and we would just lay around, kissing and nuzzling each other. Her shy nature subsided when she became comfortable with me, but I always adored it when she held a bit of meekness when talking to me. But for a shy mare, she certainly had no problem with making love… quite a few times, actually. Not in one night, of course. I loved her more than anypony in the world.

And I had to leave her.

When I saw the beast that was in Draco, I was afraid. It looked demonic… evil beyond Nightmare Moon or King Sombra. Without it, Draco was finally himself completely. But now… he has to train for a war. I swore to be by his side long ago, and as his brother and true cousin, I can't let him go alone. And I won't let Ember go without me either. But to fight these creatures, Arthanians, I have to train harder than ever before. I vividly remember stabbing one of the beasts twice with both of my armor pikes, and it still attacked. I could barely hold my ground… and I was better than any Solar or Lunar guard around. The Loki'irians suffered no losses, and they had fifty men attack a pack of several hundred. To be anything like them, and to actually be useful, I had to train again. Ember and I would start our training when Draco did, and we would have to train on the Loki'irian ships.

It's going to be harsh, tough, and unbearable. I'd have to train until my muscles ached, until my bones felt weak, and until my mind completely shattered. I would be rebuilding myself, facing the horrors they had faced for so long. And their training would help me stay alive, so that I could return home once all this was over.

But the thought of leaving her made my heart hurt.

She was… is everything to me. She is the reason I live, the reason I have to fight, and the reason I have to win.

But I had to.

To make sure she is safe… to make sure my mother, aunt, cousin, and friends would all be safe, I had to help in any way I could. I was taller than my mother now, barely, and stronger than any stallion I've seen around Ponyville or Canterlot. I had to be there for Draco, for Ember, and for myself. It would be more dangerous than anything I've ever done before, and so I wanted to make sure Fluttershy never forgot how much I love her.

And I had just the thing.


Later that day…

I waited by the stairs that led to my beloved's room, wearing a very finely made suit from Rarity. It wasn't too tight or loose. A perfect fit. She came out a moment later, and my jaw dropped as I watched her descend the steps. She was wearing a beautiful green dress, the hem decorated with pink butterflies and designs of roses with long vines. Her hair was done to one side of her head, but behind as well. She had on a modest amount of makeup and a hint of perfume, but nothing was overdone. Her shyness reflected on her clothing, but it was that meek nature that made her look perfect. There was nothing modest about her body, as my marefriend had very desirable thighs and a delicious flank. But I never hounded her for that. I loved her for her, and she loved me for me.

"Y-You… you look handsome," Fluttershy smiled, her blush increasing by the second. "R-Rarity… gave me this dress. I-I think it might not be for something l-like this. Maybe I should-!"

My lips silenced her usual conscience of her appearance, and she soon embraced my kiss. I separated, smiling as I nuzzled her lovingly. "You look magnificent," I smiled back, kissing her lips once more. "Shall we?" I opened the door and bowed, chuckling as she giggled.

We left her home for dinner, which I had set up and kept a secret from her. It was late at night, so it at least narrowed it down to one of eight restaurants open at this time. But she would never try to deduce it, as she loved my surprises. And so we walked in silence, her head resting on my shoulder as we traveled to our destination. There were very few ponies that gave me any nasty glares anymore in Ponyville, and most ponies actually smiled and waved, as I was known as one of the princes of Equestria. They were still a bit hard on Draco and Ember, which I hated seeing.

Fluttershy gasped softly as she looked up to the restaurant. "Gourmandises de Primrose…" She said softly, gasping and blushing in embarrassment. "Today's our anniversary."

I chuckled softly, then nuzzled her lovingly. "Yes, it is. The day I first took you out, right here." She smiled sweetly, and kissed my lips softly before entering.

We ordered something simple, as Fluttershy and I were never ponies that needed complicated things. She had learned some Prench, thanks to me, and was able to order her own meal. I just asked for sweet potato and garlic/onion crème. It was delicious, to say the least, and we finished our meals in a good amount of time. We paid, left, then strolled through the fields outside of Ponyville. We were extremely close to the Everfree, but she stood by me without the slightest hesitation. If I could get her to stand just outside the Everfree, that proved her love for me. Her faith in me.

"Fluttershy?" I said softly, looking down to her beautiful green eyes.

"Yes, Moon?" We slowed considerably, and I put a paw up to her cheek and just… held it there, desiring her touch to encourage me. She put a hoof on my paw, and I took a deep breath.

"I know… that we've only begun our relationship," I sighed, leaning my head against hers. "And… I want you to know that I'll love you until the day I die."

Fluttershy's smile turned a bit somber, and I just hoped that she would understand. "I love you too, Moon," she whispered softly.

She didn't need to tell me… I knew that she did, and yet it comforted me. "I know… and that's why… I have to leave for some time," I said a bit lowly, almost as quiet as her. "I have to be with Draco and Ember when everything happens. I need to be with them… so that I know I'm keeping you safe. But I have to get stronger." My voice was quivering, and my heart stung when I saw tears in her eyes. "I have to train so that I can join them. So I can make sure Draco comes back alive, and so I know you're safe. It will be long before I see you again… but I want you to know I~!"

She caught me off guard when she kissed me, silencing me immediately. She was crying, profusely I might add, but her lips asked for my own. I complied, kissing her with passion and love that I always held for her. When she separated, I could see the smile that spoke for her. I hugged her tightly, allowing my tears to fall for the second time in a millennia. Her soft crying turned into sobs, but they were happy and sad. I consoled her with great care, nuzzling her cheek and stroking her mane. I guided her gaze back to me with a paw, a small smile growing as I looked at her running makeup.

"You'll come back, right?" She asked, her voice cracking hopelessly. "You're going to be with me when this is all over?"

I stole another kiss, just as passionate but a bit more brief. "I promise, Fluttershy. I'll be with you forever… and I'll never leave you again," I sniffled, wiping a tear from my eye.

I learned a little something about promises from Draco. Don't make them… if you can't keep them. And Draco kept all of his promises… and so did I. Fluttershy kissed me slowly, lowering us to the ground until we laid beside each other, snuggling and kissing with growing passion. There was nothing to question, and as this would be one of our last nights together, I removed my suit, coaxing her dress off and laying with her bare fur against mine. She wrapped her hooves around my shoulders, and my paws fell to her sides. No more question… not on a beautiful, and warm, night like this.

She needed this… where we could both escape the world around us.




As Fluttershy slept beside me, my coat giving her warmth atop the soft dirt and grass, my nose picked up a small trace of Draco's scent. Knowing he was in Canterlot, I carefully stood up and went over to the bushes. I followed the scent to a piece of paper, old and worn from time. He must have thrown it here, for reasons beyond me, and I unfurled it. It was a letter… from Ember.

Dear Draco,

If you're reading this, I am either dead, or something worse. In any case, I want to tell you why I wrote this. I had faith in you. I never doubted you for a second, believe me when I say this. We would all go in, free the griffons from that tyrannical bastard, and you would be there to end it. But… I wasn't so sure about myself. You handled anything thrown at you, even the death of somepony you held so close.

If I was going to die… or never see you with my own eyes… I needed you to know. The times we spent on the cliff, talking as if we knew our own futures. The times shared with just us three. When you took care of me when I was sick, and warmed me as best you could. I loved it all. Just hearing you, being able to bring a smile to your face, being able to be trusted. I always dreamed of a day where I could find a good dragon to care for me as I him. But I never thought I wouldn't find a dragon. No. I found a creature that was twice as strong as one, thrice as kind as one, and five times as weaker. You didn't need flashy scales, or large limbs, or sharp spines. All I needed to see was you, and you alone.

I know what I feel about you, Draco. And I want you to know that no matter what happens, no matter how time changes us…

… I love you.

You are my future… my only love I'll ever want.

~~Ember

I smiled softly, knowing this must have been made long ago. I put it back where I found it and went over to Fluttershy, getting her under me and grabbing our clothes with my teeth. It was easy enough to get us back home, and I nestled her on the bed before joining her. Her hooves instinctively wrapped around me and embraced me, and I missed her nose one last time.

"I love you, Fluttershy… now and always."

Author's Note:

Just a bit of love for Moon, my favorite Equestrian OC, which again is midnightshadow1's character. Thanks again! So, as always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! Peaces!

PreviousChapters Next