• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,922 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,922

PreviousChapters Next
Never Stop Fighting

Draco roared. No matter how many times he slammed his body into the wall, it wouldn't give. His arm was broken and his torso was grazed and scraped from the rocks he'd tried breaking. Nyla laid where she had been for the past day, unmoving and silent. Draco was exhausted, from both his grieving and his frantic effort to escape and find Figanti. Reason was out the window, and the more Draco struggled to leave, the less he could focus. His hand cracked when he broke it, his punches stopping as he fell to his knees and stared at the broken knuckles. There weren't any tears left, not after the last 24 hours. He leaned against the wall and hung his head, biting back the last whimpers as he took a much needed break.

What's the point of this?! What.... what's the point?!

"WHAT'S THE POINT OF TAKING HER?!" Draco cried, banging his head into the wall."TELL ME... please... tell me..."

He felt a chill waft over his body, and he wrapped his arms around himself to keep warm. Draco trudged himself over to Nyla's body and laid on her head, whispering apologies and pleas to her. She had to be alright. Why would his uncle hurt her? When they needed them the most, why would he take her from him? Why make him go berserk?

"Your bond will mend itself, but don't give in."

Don't give in.

Don't give in...

...

...

Don't give in... I... I can't... give in...

...

...

Reku'un... you must... hold on...... I'm here.....

Nyla? Nyla!

I... I understand... this trial.

Wake up! Come on, open your eyes.

Reku'un... if this is my last moment... can you let go?

No! Don't talk like that! He wouldn't hurt you, Nyla! Now get up!

You... cannot... hold onto ke forever... Reku'un... we live for war. In war... there is loss.

But I'm not losing you, so GET UP!

REKU'UN... if that time comes you must let go... you must move on... you cannot give in.

Draco shook his head slowly as he held her. "I need you... I know that now," he whispered, rubbing his head into her scales. "I can't lose you, and I never will."

Will you... will you act out when your friends try to console you? When... when Ember comforts you? When your daughter tells you she won't leave you as I did, will you weep and surrender to despair?

...

...

...

...

I don't want to lose you, Nyla.

I know Reku'un... but as a Signa... no, as Makti... you must be ready. I love you as my partner, and I will throughout my life and afterlife... but if I die... you cannot die to those who love you.

...

...

...

Please... if I go... you must carry on... as Makti... as a friend... as a son..... as a father and husband you must cherish everything you have and disregard what you've lost... but never forget.

He clenched his jaw and let a few small tears fall onto her scales. "I won't forget you... I promise, I never will."


Figanti meditated on the cliff by the pod, while Eskro lazily rested. They both perked their heads up when they felt a spike in energy, which died down to nearly nothing in the next second. Draco crawled away from the training cube, and Nyla was halfway through. Figanti rushed over with Eskro to help them, feeling how weak they were and how badly they needed energy and healing. He pulled out a syringe filled halfway with thermite, then injected it into Draco's heart. Slowly, his body began repairing itself, and he started growing a bit. The final changes would come overnight, but Figanti smiled as he stared at the empty vial.

"I... I'm tired," Draco croaked. His uncle laughed quietly as he propped him up against his dragon, who was also keeping Nyla comfortable.

"You've done it... both of you." He tossed the glass vial onto the ground. "It won't be long now, Reku'un. You're almost ready."

Draco smirked before grimacing as his knuckles reconfigured under his skin. "G...Great... now... I'm gonna... sleep..." He closed his eyes and slept, finally at ease in his thoughts. Nyla moved herself closer to Draco, his arm on her snout.

Eskro laid with them and grinned.

It took him a day. Not very bright, is he?

Eskro.

I kid, Figanti. But now they are ready... and his Illness will arrive within the next months.

Yes. Yes it will... it's always around their maturity where I realize how far Signa come.

Well we were put through much more vigorous trials.

Yes... but he's learned so much in such a short time.

He's an Alamonshuor and the next Makti. If he couldn't do it I doubt another could.

The League member turned to his nephew, looking down at the battered man as he slept. Not too long ago was a boy who didn't understand his place in the universe. It wasn't too long ago that the boy couldn't accept him as family. He couldn't accept his role in the force of good. And now he was changed.

He placed hisSig hand on his nephew's head, feeling a sense of warmth he would never feel. This child was not his own... but he felt that way. The role of a Signa father was to train his son so that he could live. So that he could help in a war to rid the stars of an evil created from the source. Figanti was the most powerful Signa... but today he had to give up that title. Knowing everything he had taught Reku'un would aid him in his destiny made his bond with him stronger. He was not his son... but Figanti loved him like one.

"Sleep, Doshu'um... there is only one more struggle before our people and Minira's are free."

You're excited, aren't you?

For our last fight?

...

...

What Signa isn't eager to end this war?

Author's Note:

Ehhhhhh. We're in ze final chapters, my friends. I'll give this 10-15 more. Plus an epilogue :raritywink: But I want to thank everyone for coming this far, and as always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night. Peaces.

PreviousChapters Next