• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,968 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,968

PreviousChapters Next
Facing the Crowd


Celestia sat at the head of the massive table, waiting for the members of her senate and representatives to finish their debate on the new tax law. Once they were all done, they turned to the princess and waited for an answer.

"My decision still stands," she announced. Some of her staff sighed in frustration, while others grinned in victory.

"Princess," a guard saluted. "They're waiting for you."

Senator Cherry Tune raised a brow, along with the others. "Princess, who's ready?" she asked.

A smile formed on her usually neutral face. "Why, all of Equestria of course," she said nonchalantly.

"Then why have you called us here?" Representative of Fillidelphia Blue Feather asked.

Celestia stood from her seat as Seargant Dasher entered the room. With a warm smile, she peered at his back. A cloth wrap concealed her son as he napped. She turned back to the members of her government and waved for them to follow.

As they made their way to the public balcony, Celestia brought them up to speed. "I'm sure you've all heard about an incident that happened not too long ago," she said. "There was a creature from the stars, I presume, that came into the castle. She bypassed each of our guards and made it to the throne room without causing them much harm."

"You mean it got through dozens of armed stallions, and it was female?" Senator Lucky Package questioned.

"Yes, she was. And that wasn't all I learned," Celestia continued. Seargant Dasher remained at her side as the unicorn guards magickly opened the doors.

The streets below were flooded with ponies from across Equestria. Upon seeing their princess, the ponies cheered for her as she took her place on the ledge. Celestia glanced at the members of her Council, then to Dasher. He nodded with a smile and pulled the bundle off of his back. Celestia cleared her throat and waited for them to quiet down, which they did quickly.

"Citizens of Equestria," she voiced her gentle tone. "I'm sure you all have questions to this announcement. I want to tell you all about the rumors I've heard of the castle being invaded."

Unsettled murmurs raced through the crowd. She glanced toward her Seargant, who nodded for her to continue. Celestia took the bundle of cloth from him, and held it up for them to see.

"This, is what I want you all to see," she announced. She uncovered Draco, letting the wraps fall.

A unanimous gasp sounded from all around her. The Council gasped, even some of the guards got out of their stoic stances to look at the weird creature in shock. A mare went so far as to faint.

"The castle was not invaded," she explained. "We were visited. This child's mother came to me, gravely wounded and desperate. I do not know who or what either of them are, but I know that neither of them meant any harm."

Her loud voice caused Draco to stir awake, rubbing his eyes softly and yawning. When he saw the crowd of colorful ponies below, he giggled at their funny faces. He teethed on Celestia's horseshoe, making her smile at his innocence in her current situation.

"Could something like this ever pose a threat to us?" she asked. "Could it ever deliberately want to harm an innocent pony?"

"It could grow up!" a stallion shouted down below. "Who knows what that thing could do!"

Ponies murmured and voiced their agreement, making Celestia's smile vanish.

"Think of what he could do under my guidance," she said, another round of gasps going through the crowd. "We know nothing about him, but imagine how he could help Equestria, as my son. Regardless of what my advisors or what anypony may think of him, I see a boy without family thinking I am his mother. Take a good look, and tell me what you see."

She held him high for all to look upon, some reporters getting pictures. Draco still giggled as the strangers eyed him cautiously, another yawn interrupting his laughs. The Council came around to glance at him, to which he babbled and reached out, just like any other foal would.

"He is no different inside than us," she softly said. "He is like any other foal. And with the right ponies helping him, he could undoubtedly benefit us. Whether or not you accept him, I want to be honest with each and every one of you."

She levitated Draco onto her back, where he hugged the back of her neck and laughed as her hair flowed into his face. Celestia waited for any reaction, and everything except somepony stomping their hooves was what she expected. Until an unnamed pony in the crowd started, then more joined. A prideful smile, and a tear or two, appeared as the entire crowd started stomping their hooves and cheered.

"What's his name?" a mare reporter below asked.

"His name is Draco. Prince Draco," she smiled. Draco pointed and shouted gibberish at the mare, who giggled slightly. She pointed her camera and snapped a picture of the mother and son.

"Thank you," Celestia carried her voice across the district. "Thank you all."

"Anything for the princess, right guys?" a Manehatten stallion called.

Voices of agreement called out above the cheers, making Celestia's eyes water that much more. She nuzzled Draco lovingly, then turned to her advisors. Most of them were smiling, the only one not being Senator Brunt. She disregarded his neutral expression and started her way in, signalling the end of her announcement.

She levitated Draco in front of her as she walked with Dasher to her chambers. "There's no need to worry now, Draco." She nuzzled him again, and he cooed as her fur tickled him. "Mommy and her ponies will make sure you'll always be okay."

"Maaa… moooom-my!" he shouted, grabbing a fistful of her coat. "Moommy!"

Celestia giggled and kissed his forehead, letting her tears actually fall in the joy she was feeling. "I love you, too, Draco," she smiled.

Author's Note:

I'm really getting into this. Sorry for the short chapters, not much to really go on about. That is, until the next chapter! So, as always, like, fav, comment, and have a wonderful day or night!

PreviousChapters Next