• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,968 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,968

PreviousChapters Next
Right of the Signa (I of III)


"This is it… isn't it?" Draco sighed, taking off his armor and discarding it to the side.

Jerosh did the same, down to the black material over his torso and upper legs. "You defeat me… and yes, it will be."

Jaqeluu, Derekosh, Fermot, and Agner stood on the sidelines, watching the two prepare for the battle. "He's finally surpassed us all," Derekosh chuckled. "Herod would be proud…"

"Heraj as well," Jaqeluu nodded. "I know they're proud now… I just know it."

"We're all proud. I'm sure I can speak for all of us," Fermot nodded softly.

Agner leaned on his spear and sighed as he watched his youngest brother all grown up. He stood taller than Jaqeluu, Fermot and him, but was still a bit shorter than Derekosh and Jerosh. His energy overshadowed them all, stable near Jerosh's own level. But they knew their youngest brother was holding back a good majority of his energy.

The question was: how much energy was he suppressing?

They knew they would find out. And as Jerosh and Draco readied into their stances, they turned their full attention to the two warriors. Everything was silent… nothing moved… the only thing that was heard by any of the brothers were their own hearts. Draco steadied his breathing, knowing that in this battle, Jerosh would truly go all out. Ina changes, energy peaks, and full use of his Rites would be in play. Jerosh had made sure he would be ready for this battle… but neither of them knew just how strong he had become. Draco wasn't even sure of his own limit… but he knew he would be matching Jerosh blow for blow.

Their eyes locked, energies slowly rising. A standoff. Who would strike first? Who would make the first move? Which one of them was more patient? Who would break first?

Everything slowed, and in that moment, both brothers dashed forward, time slowing as they made their bounds across the floor. Their fists curled up as they reached the last few meters, their energies spiking drastically. Both let loose deafening roars, metal and bone seeping out from within the two's bodies and covering them. Just a meter away, their energies skyrocketed and caused a blast of air to whip out.

BANG!

Their fists collided, the force reverberating through each of their arms.

And then, they began.

They practically disappeared from view, their movements unseen to an untrained eye. Punches and kicks lashed out from both, some landing while others were deflected. Bone cracked, metal bent, and yet their energies kept climbing. Jerosh managed to shoot his arm past Draco's, socking him directly in his metal mask. The man was sent sailing across the room, his older brother speeding past him and cocking his arm back. Draco twirled mid-air, stretching his leg out and smashing his foot into Jerosh's face. He pushed off from him, readying a sphere of blue in each hand before placing the base of his palms together and combining his energy into an enormous beam.

Jerosh roared as he shot his arm out, sending a much bigger beam of red at point blank range. They were literally several feet from each other, but the blasts reached all the way up to the ceiling. Draco poured energy into his beam, and Jerosh did the same, but he felt his own beam being pushed back gradually, right up to his palm. His older brother's other arm shot out, a smaller beam slamming into Draco's midsection. The two large beams cut off, and he was sent across the room with the beam smashing into him.

He pulled himself away, tumbling to a stop and jumping to his feet. Jerosh was already on him, driving a few punches into his torso before spinning around and kicking his brother. Draco dug his feet into the floor, tearing apart the metal as he halted himself. Jerosh hadn't planned on the quick recovery, and he cried out as Draco's fist connected with his jaw. The tables turned as Draco sent a barrage of punches into his stomach at a blinding pace. The bone cracked and shattered, forcing grunts from Jerosh as he clenched his fists and brought them up.

He brought his fists down on Draco's back, hammering him into the ground. When he brought his arms up again, Draco spun around quickly on the ground to swipe his legs at Jerosh's, tripping him up. He did a quick twirl on his palm, and brought his foot into the man's face. Jerosh was sent upwards from the hit, and Draco leaped up in pursuit. The older Signa recovered mid air, flying towards his brother as they engaged in another brawl. The force of the blows, both successful and deflected, caused bursts of energy to lash out, tearing into the ground and walls. The brothers watching created barriers over themselves to keep safe from the shockwaves.

"He's surpassed anything I expected!" Derekosh laughed loudly.

"He still has one more challenge, Derekosh," Jaqeluu shouted over the echoing booms. "Then we'll see if he's ready."

The first sound of metal scratching metal caused them to look back at them. They were locked in a battle of strength, their blades pushing against the other in a struggle to gain the upper hand. Draco's Daedalak shook violently against Jerosh's as they gained and loss footing. Neither noticed they were slowly descending to the ground, even when they planted their feet in stable positions. The brothers could hear growls and strains, all while their energies still climbed.

Finally, both pushed off, leapt forward, and fought in a flurry of slashes and swings of their blades. Draco expertly dodged and deflected, neither of them gaining any sort of advantage. But Draco planted his foot down and began his assault. Jerosh found himself being slowly pushed back by the sheer ferocity of his youngest brother's swings, forcing him to dodge much more often than he preferred.

He swung his blade powerfully into Draco's next swing, staggering him long enough to kick his opponent backwards. Draco tumbled on his back, then rolled to the side as Jerosh's blade dug into the floor. He fought from the ground, using one arm to fight off the blade while his other stopped Jerosh from kicking him. Draco swung particularly low, which forced Jerosh to get down to deflect it. It gave his opponent the chance to drive his fist into his face once again, dazing him as he stumbled to the side. Draco made his biggest push, sending his energy to its max as he rushed at Jerosh. The man did his best to keep up with him, but with every few slashes, Draco managed to slip around him and get in a cut, forcing a cry from Jerosh.

He vamped up his own energy levels, their energies eclipsing the others present. Now, Draco cried out as his side was slashed open, and his chest had a tear going from his right shoulder to his lower left rib. But he kept on, managing to nick Jerosh's cheek then return a favor and slash a gash into his back. Both of them were bleeding profusely from their wounds, but it didn't slow them one bit. They kept slashing and regenerating as fast as they could, sparks flying in every direction from the number of slashes per second.

Jerosh parried a swing, leaving Draco lethally open. His brother took that opportunity and slashed stiffly into his brother's shoulder, cutting through metal and bone in one quick swipe. Draco roared in agony as his shoulder was cut open, revealing the bone and and flesh in his right shoulder. He rocketed his working fist into Jerosh's face, then quickly did a duo of kicks to the body, and finally finished it off by driving his foot directly into Jerosh's jaw. There was a sickening crack, and a strained roar as Jerosh sailed backwards, smashing into the wall and falling to the ground in a heap.

Draco collapsed and clutched the gushing wound, pushing the pieces of flesh together as his body started to regenerate, keeping the meat together. Jerosh got to his hands and knees, cracking his jaw into place before spitting out a glob of blood. Draco's mask pulled apart and let blood spill out, and at the same time let him breathe more freely. They panted hopelessly, sweat decorating their chests and faces as they tried to recollect themselves. They shakily and slowly stood to their feet.

Their injuries had healed, but the pain still lingered. Jerosh stood first, his breathing steadying gradually while his brother gasped for it. They locked gazes, both of them smiling in a friendly, rival-like manner.

"You… are doing… better… than ever… Reku'un," Jerosh shouted, the pain in his stomach forcing him to grunt.

Draco laughed softly, wincing in pain right after. "Thanks… I… told you that… I was gonna see this… to the end…" Jerosh nodded, readying his blade as they took their stances.

"Then let us end this," Jerosh called.

Draco nodded, rushing forward with Jerosh. Just as they reached each other, Draco felt surges of power, then a flat and familiar surface smashed into the side of his face, collapsing his mask and sending him tumbling like a rag doll. Once he bounced off of the wall, he groaned as he got onto an arm and looked over. Each of his brothers stood in a line, their Ina bodies present. Jaqeluu kicked the Daedalak over to him, which slid near his hand.

"To truly be ready for what's to come… you must defeat all of us," Jaqeluu shouted, sending his energy to its max. The others did the same, readying their weapons as Draco stood back up.

Draco could feel fear in his mind, but he pushed it out and gripped the Daedalak tighter. He swung the blue blade around, stomping a foot back and readying himself. He leaned forward, took in a deep breath and roared demonically.

"COME OOOOOOON!!!!"

Author's Note:

This is gonna be a wild ride. But we're so close. I hope you're all ready for what's to come. As always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! Peaces!

PreviousChapters Next