• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,922 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,922

PreviousChapters Next
Moment to Strike


Three Days Later…

"Tomorrow, you'll join me and the League to train your Ina bond," Renkan said to Draco. "We'll be around when necessary, but you'll often be with Figanti. It won't be as difficult as the first part of your training, but it will be incredibly hard."

Draco nodded, sitting down in front of the master healer. "I know. My brothers told me it will still be intense," he sighed, adjusting his legs. "Were you a member of the League when my father was trained?"

Renkan giggled as she shook her head. "I was three cycles younger when he started," she told him, smiling softly. "When he was about your age, before the thermite, when I was chosen to apprentice under the last healer of the League."

Draco chuckled nervously, remembering she was about as old as his father was. "And what about Konaskol? How long has he been in the League?" He asked.

"He's been in it since it began. He's immortal," Renkan answered, causing Draco's brows to raise. "He can outlast time, but defeating him is still an option."

"So… why isn't he leading them?" Draco asked. "Wouldn't it make more sense for a him to be in charge since he can't die?"

"It would, I suppose," Renkan shrugged with a laugh. "But he believes having a new leader every other generation can be much more beneficial than the same man until time wears out."

It sounded reasonably… sensible. The two looked over to the door as it slid to the side and Figanti walked in. "Shouldn't you be resting?" Figanti chuckled, saying his greetings to his fellow League member.

"It's getting boring just sitting around," Draco admitted hesitantly, laughing lightly. "I wanted to go around and see what's happened since I've been training."

Figanti shook his head with a laugh. "Just like your father," he smiled. "Renkan, Quarek and Portok need you to help them with the ship's weapon system. You know how Portok is with his machines."

It was Renkan's turn to shake her head as she remembered how dearly the techno-freak amongst them loved technology. "I'll handle it," she nodded, turning to Draco. "We'll meet again soon. "

"Don't break their arms or anything," Draco laughed as she made her way out.

Figanti chuckled as well, then looked to his nephew and gestured towards the door. "You should be going. You need to rest early for tomorrow's training," he told his nephew. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Draco nodded, standing and heading for the door. He stopped abruptly, keeping still for a moment before going back to his uncle. Figanti was surprised when Draco hugged him, then separated and gave him a firm nod. The Doshu'um left his uncle, who's stunned expression changed back into one of happiness. Draco thought about going to sleep immediately, but he headed for the middle of the tree where he slept, going into the doorway and looking around.

The room was as neat as ever, since there weren't many furnishings to begin with. "Jaqeluu?" Draco called.

"Just a second," his older brother said from the bedroom. The Oracle came out as he pulled on a cloth over his chest that was made of hokor fur and vines and flowers. "What are you doing here, Reku'un?"

Draco shrugged and sat on the mat in the center of the room. "I… just wanted to talk… or something," he sighed, waiting for his brother to join him.

Jaqeluu lowered to the floor as well, crossing his legs to get himself comfortable. "Of course," he nodded. "Is there anything troubling you?"

"No, nothing like that," Draco chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "I… I wanted to know more about… about her."

His older brother sighed as he looked to the medallion his little brother was gesturing to. Draco could see the sadness clashing with happiness in his brother's eyes. It had only recently come to his mind that he didn't know much about his own mother, and he thought asking one of his brothers would be the best choice. However… he knew they would be heartbroken just thinking about their mother. So… he went to Jaqeluu. The one brother he knew would be able to keep himself composed.

For a while, at least.

"She… she was a gift to each of us," Jaqeluu began, rubbing his fingers over his palm slowly. "To father… she was a lover fit for Kutor… to us… she was an angel of Minira. I can't explain how grateful we all were to have her as our mother… she was just… amazing…"

Draco could only imagine what it was like for them. He had always known the comfort his mother's fur, the warmth of her alabaster body, and the gentle sound of her voice. They had known another woman entirely, one that had truly given birth to them. The one that would fight to the death for them.

"Reku'un… I've wanted to ask you for some time… but I wasn't sure if you'd agree," Jaqeluu said suddenly, gaining his brother's curiosity. "I've learned to see the memories of others… and allow others to see my own."

It only took Draco a minute to know what his brother wanted to do. "You want to show me her?" He asked, almost as quiet as Fluttershy would have said.

Jaqeluu only nodded and held his right hand out. "I want you to know what she looked like… what she sounded like… felt like… I want you to know the mother that protected you." His fingers opened, and he looked to his brother almost pleadingly.

It would be a lie if Draco were to say he didn't want to know about his true mother. But at the same time, he felt as though he didn't need to know… but it was his own mother. Slowly, and a bit hesitantly, he reached his right hand for Jaqeluu's, grasping it firmly as he felt his brother's mental connection latch on to him.

"Just stay calm."

Draco grunted as they flew through memories… Jaqeluu's memories. He glimpsed at the fall of their planet, his own birth, Jaqeluu's maturing, until they were in a memory when he was only 10. Draco looked at their home planet with wonder and amazement. Instead of the metal ceiling of a dreadnought, ocean-blue skies brightened the day. The trees were larger than the ones contained in the ships, and even more wildlife sounded throughout the vast land.

Then, a woman walked in front of Jaqeluu. She had beautifully flowing black hair, reaching down her her elbows and decorated with flowers of all sorts. Her eyes were breathtaking, fiery red and cosmic like his own. She wasn't very tall like most women, but she was beautiful like no other. Agner was much smaller, about three years old, and Fermot was only six. Derekosh was behind her, chasing a young hokor for fun. Jaqeluu and Fermot were putting the flowers they found in their mother's hair while she laughed and carried Agner, playing with a small Iriki bird that landed on her finger.

Draco felt Jaqeluu's love for her… and he felt the love she had for them all. The memory faded away, and he was brought back to Jaqeluu's home in an instant. He gasped quietly as heard his brother sniffle. Jaqeluu wiped his arm over his eyes to clear away the tears, and it was only now that Draco realized he too was crying.

"You don't understand how much we all miss her," Jaqeluu whispered, looking to his little brother. "We pray each and every day for her happiness in the gardens of Minira… but I always wish to see her face again."

Jaqeluu wiped his hands over his face, then ran them through his hair as he tried to relieve the stress. "I know… I felt what you did… what you still feel," Draco whispered, wiping his own face. "She must have truly been wonderful to have."

"She was… Minira, she was," Jaqeluu chuckled bittersweetly. He composed himself as best as he could to speak. "Is there… anything else you wanted to know?"

Draco spent the next few hours asking all about their homeworld. He asked about the geography, the history behind the cities, why the oceans were an aqua color instead of a deep blue like this world. He learned about many different animals and creatures that lived on their world. It was in the middle of Jaqeluu's explanation about an Oka, an extremely large fish the size of a Nera'ak, that the Oracle heard his little brother snoring.

Jaqeluu laughed softly, picking his brother up from his slouched position and heading for his room. He set his little brother down onto the bed, then chuckled when he murmured in his sleep. Jaqeluu blew out each of the candles in his home and went to the exit. He leaped up to a branch and flung himself into his brother's home. Keeping respect for his brother's privacy, he went straight to his room and laid on the bed, drifting to sleep quicker than he thought.


No one suspected him as he walked through the halls, covered in his armor to keep the transmogrification from their view. He entered the forest like any other day or night, leaping across the branches as others waved to him. He nodded slightly to them, continuing on his path until he reached the center of the forest. He climbed the tree, familiar with the locations of branches and smaller foot holds that others could miss. He climbed all the way to the upper most home, then quietly crept inside. The darkness kept him hidden, and his footsteps were silenced by dark energy platforms that kept him just an inch above the floor.

He went into the bedroom, his green blade in hand, and looked over the sleeping form. Raising his blade above his head, he focused on where he would lop the head off, and when he was sure his aim would be right, he swung.

But a sword shot up and clanged against the blade, another slipping under his arms and pressing into his throat. Jaqeluu gasped as he looked at his attacker.

"Jerosh?" He questioned breathlessly.

Jaqeluu's grip on his blades slackened as Jerosh's knee shot into his stomach, then a bone pike broke through the armor and pierced the Oracle's stomach. He silently strained as he drooled blood and tried to cough, the movements causing pain in his stomach. The sound of the armor breaking away made Jaqeluu look up to his brother, and he was shocked to see the smirk…

…and black eyes.

"This is an unfortunate turn of events," the Iikro chuckled, pushing it's knee further into Jaqeluu's stomach. The Oracle groaned as the bone cut deeper into him. "But no matter. It means less trouble for when I truly kill the boy."

A loud scream made the Iikro look to the door, but a hammer smashed into it's face and sent it through the bark wall and down into the forest below. "Jaqeluu! Jaqeluu!" Derekosh yelled. He grabbed Draco's gauntlet and put up a public comm. "Every Signa converge on the Alamonshor home! Figanti, being the ENTIRE League now! Every ship steer clear of- AHHHH!"

Derekosh grasped the blade piercing his chest, then cried out as he was sent through the wall and into Draco's living area. The Iikro sent a beam through the hole, just as Agner and Fermot flew in and were taken away by the blast.

"Things really don't go as planned," it chuckled, smirking as Draco leaped in and looked at it in shock.

"Jerosh?! What the fuck are you doing?!" He screamed, just before the Iikro slammed him into the wall and put the blade to his throat.

"It's me, boy," the Iikro laughed. "Your brothers were foolish to transfer me into this body. Now, I'll kill you, and them, and then end your kind once and for—"

Figanti's energy skyrocketed as the beam slammed into the Iikro, sending it across the forest and into an army of Signa. "Reku'un, get to the evacuation bay and get out of here!" Figanti ordered as he pulled the boy up. "Go!"

"But they can't face him!" Draco shouted back. "You're going to-!"

"I SAID GO," Figanti roared, his Ina form taking hold. "RUN ALREADY!"

Author's Note:

Here it is. THIS, is what you've all been told about (and th next chapter). Hope you guys buckle your seatbelts, and as always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night. Peaces!

PreviousChapters Next