• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,965 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,965

PreviousChapters Next
Arrival


Two years later…

"Prince Draco in the room!" The guards saluted him, and he waved for them to ease themselves.

"Where is Prince Moon?" Draco asked.

"He's in the Meeting Hall," one of the stallions said. "Your mother wants you to meet her there as well. King Draco, President Toro, King Shadow, and Lord Ruffle are already present."

"Thank you. I'm going to be a minute. Would you mind telling my mother I'm going to be a bit late?" Draco asked. The guard saluted and galloped off to the meeting of the five.

Draco saluted to the other stallions before making it to his room. The bathroom light was on, and he could see his dragoness pulling on her old armor. He smirked and crept behind her, hugging her from behind. Ember smiled and kissed his cheek before nuzzling him.

"We're running late," Draco hummed. "Need any help?"

"I forgot how this old armor fit me," she chuckled. "I'll just need another minute."

Draco kissed her neck and went over to his own dresser, pulling off his Solar armor and grabbed the armor King Draco had made for him. Well… the one he had melted down and remade, to accustom his growing body. It was the same shape and design, but bigger. He put it aside and grabbed the regal robes for the occasion. He had never met the minotaur President, or the Diamond Dog Overlord, and so his mother asked him to keep quiet and if he was to talk he would have to be calm. He put on the diplomatic attire and turned to Ember, who was stepping out of the bathroom. The armor still hugged her shapely body while still giving her that intimidating image.

"There will be time for that later," Ember teased, flicking the side of his head with her tail. "You look very handsome. Aren't you going to fix your mane?" She brushed his hair back with her claws, and once again it didn't budge from it's usual mess.

"Nah," Draco chuckled. "Come on. Your father's probably waiting too."

They hurried to the Meeting Hall, stepping in right before Lord Ruffle stepped in as well. Draco caught the mutt staring at his dragoness, and he shot him a knowing glare. Ember went to her father's side at the table, and Draco sat beside his mother, aunt and cousin. With the Five Nations finally together, the doors closed and shut them in. Just like every five years, it was meant for their ears and their ears alone.

"Shall we begin?" Luna questioned.

"Yes," Celestia nodded. "How have the repairs to Dracot coming along, King Shadow?"

"We've rebuilt each of the major cities, and thanks to the dragons and minotaurs the griffons can sleep in their own homes," Shadow nodded. "I don't mean to pry, but where is Princess Twilight?"

"It is only her first year as a princess," Celestia explained. "She requires more time before she joins us."

"Even so, we have been receiving reports of Diamond Dogs near pony settlements," Luna said, turning to Lord Ruffle. "Would you mind explaining?"

It was more of a command than a question, as both Draco and Moon knew. "Those idiots are nothing but greedy hounds," the surprisingly intelligent Diamond Dog scoffed. "I have no control over the low lifes that escape my borders."

"But it is still your responsibility to report them," President Toro chuckled. "King Shadow, the griffons still in my care are asking for some sort of comment on whether or not they can return within the year."

Shadow sighed and nodded. "The construction on their homes still needs another few months or so," Shadow sighed. "The war several years ago severely damaged our buildings."

"Would it be possible to send pony workers?" Draco questioned.

"We would have no money to give if they were to help," Shadow said with a shake of his head.

"Lord Ruffle, the Diamond Dogs have endless amounts of gems," Moon stated. "And there are many abandoned mines that still bear countless amounts. Would it be possible to send ponies to dig them up, and allow us to use it?"

"That depends. Diamond Dog guards won't be able to-"

VRROOOOOOOOO

The room seemed to jump to the side, sending each of the rulers out of their seats. Draco fell on top of his mother, and Moon under his own mother. The doors burst open and Solar Guards filed in, led by Shining Armor.

"What happened?" Draco asked, standing up and helping his mother and aunt up.

"Something's outside!" A Solar guard called, pointing towards a window in the hall.

The rulers ran to the window, gazing at the floating object outside. It was completely black, with several spots glowing red. The object turned mid air, the front of it opening up. A blinding red light grew brighter and brighter, the object aimed right at them. Celestia, Luna, and Draco had all seen that in unicorn blast spells, and the princesses fused their magicks to create a barrier over the castle. A beam larger than a house rocketed into the shield, shattering it but not completing it's path. Draco's mother and aunt were sent backwards as their magicks were bested, giving them both heavy migraines.

"Ma!" Draco shouted, running with Moon to reach them.

A smaller blast ripped through the wall above, putting a hole clean through the castle. "Get the rulers out of here now!" Shining ordered, the stallions taking them away. But King Draco and his daughter remained.

"I can have a carrier fleet here in minutes," King Draco told Draco. "In the meantime, gather the guards and prepare them for a fight."

"What makes you say that?" Draco asked. The dragon king pointed towards the ship, dozens of black spots growing bigger as they approached.

One of the smaller vehicles smashed through the glass, crashing behind them. Draco took a guard's sword and readied himself, as did Ember and Moon. The front of it blew off, and four large wolf-like bipeds jumped out. They snarled at them, focusing mainly on Draco. Those creatures weren't as big as the one two years ago…

…but they were from his dreams.

Draco gasped and froze up at the sight of them, but he forced himself to stay conscious as they ran forward, growling viciously. Draco slashed one's chest before another tackled him, King Draco and his daughter fought one at once, and Moon tussled with the other. Draco pushed his hardest as the creature snapped its jaws wildly, trying to reach his face. A blast of magic hit the side of it, throwing it off of him. He got on top of it and quickly sunk the sword into it. Ember charred the animal's face before her pierced its stomach with his obsidian greatsword. Moon slashed the last's throat out and pushed it off of him.

"Draco…"

"Ma!" He ran back over to her, seeing her grimace as he held her up. "Ma, are you hurt?"

"I'm fine," she assured him. "Luna."

"Yes?" The night princess groaned, and with help from her son, stood up. "We must evacuate Canterlot… at once."

"Moon, go with Ember and clear the city," Draco said, rushing past them. "King Draco, take my mother and aunt to the bunker below."

Before he could continue, Ember pulled him back. "I'm not leaving you," she said firmly. Draco put his hands on her shoulders and kissed her.

"I'm going to be fine, okay?" He said softly. "Please, come back when the city's clear. We can't let those things hurt them."

She held his hand, then ran with Moon to the streets. King Draco helped the princesses limp away and Draco ran back to his room. He shouldered the door open and went for his armor, quickly putting it on. Just as he went for the black blade he paused and looked to the side.

The blue blade that he had taken from the deformed creature was leaning against the wall. He glanced back down to the purple sword, then kicked the drawer shut and grabbed it, running back into the halls. A squad of Solar Guards was waiting for him, and he waved for them to follow.

"Those things are landing in the courtyard!" A stallion called. "We can't get the chariots off the ground!"

"Follow me!"

Draco shoved the golden doors open, and a bloody battle met him. The things were cutting through the stallions like nothing, most of them pouncing on them and eating them alive. Draco bellowed as he leaped down the stairs and into one. He quickly slashed its throat and stood up, locking blades with another. A Solar jabbed it's spear into the creature's thigh, giving Draco a chance to swipe it's sword away and bury his own in its chest. More and more were jumping down from the castle walls, having missed their landing sights. Draco parried a slash and went to do the same, but it punched him in the face and pounced on him. It bit into his shoulder, making him cry out in pain.

He rolled over and slammed his fist into it's face, dazing it momentarily. Before he could finish it off, another one pulled him off and socked him in the face. Draco stumbled into a statue, ducking under a sword then parrying a crude club.

Loud and high-pitched sounds reached his ears, and he barely noticed the creature holding something that flashed red. Whenever it did, a guard would be pierced with something and blood would spray out. Draco stabbed his sword into the wolf in front of him then ran towards it. He thought he had surprise, but the numbers were larger than he thought, and several splitting pains in his leg made him tumble to the ground. He screamed as he clutched his leg, five small holes piercing his armor. The creature that had hit him came over and pointed it at his head, but he smacked it away and punched its leg in. It roared in agony, and he grabbed its weapon and pulled the small lever. Its face was ripped apart by the small munitions.

Draco turned the weapon on the other wolves, firing away and dropping as many as he could.

Canterlot Streets

It was chaos. The wolves were running amok, slashing and pouncing on ponies before they even knew what hit them. But they abandoned their prey for the sounds of fighting near the castle, and there stood Ember and Moon slashing and hitting away. Embers quick strikes were enough to get them off guard, but her daggers weren't enough to put them down. If she didn't stab them, they would just keep coming. And when they came, they were relentless. Ember dodged five different weapons within one minute, one being lucky enough to kick her back. She took to the sky and crashed into them dagger first, repeating the process to fight without getting hit.

If only those damn beams weren't a problem.

Some of the wolves were holding strange and large weapons that shot something at her. They dug into her scales but couldn't penetrate, and they tore through her wings with ease. She roared in pain, crashing down in the middle of the street. Another group was coming, and she shot out a wall of flames that lit them up like candles.

But they still attacked.

Even as their fur and skin burned, they threw themselves at her, fighting tooth and nail until she either stabbed them enough times or slashes out their throats. Back near the castle, Moon was having trouble keeping them off the walls.

Everytime he killed one, eight more came. Everytime one was taken off the wall, ten more made it up. And the crashing pods weren't helping. They killed their own infantry, but enough were sent to replace and add to their numbers. And the ones on the roofs were the worst. Their weapons picked them off quickly, forcing him and the Solars back into the castle walls. He bit a spear out of one's hands then rammed his twin spears into it. It violently thrashed, even with its gored stomach. Moon was tossed backwards and into another, which swung its club into his head. He was dazed before a beam from behind knocked it back.

"They're pouring in!" A unicorn guard cried hysterically, parrying another attempt of a creature's sword. "We have to pull back!"

"Hold this position!" Moon roared, leaping up to headbutt another. "Don't let them through!"

Moon was kicked backwards, and he screamed as a mace broke through his armor and pierced his side. It made the mistake of thinking it could feast, and he used his hindlegs to snap its neck. The ponies around him were pinned to the ground, screaming as the creatures ripped them apart and fed while their brethren looked for more. Moon growled angrily and stood up, wincing as his wound bled profusely.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" Moon screamed, gathering the five guards that were still alive.

Draco grunted as the wolf put a dagger in his shoulder, easily breaching his armor like a hot knife through butter. It pulled out a much smaller weapon that fired like the bigger one, and Draco headbutted it and tripped it up, grabbing the weapon. He fired widly until a hole was in it's head. Another tackled him from the side, and he found himself struggling again to fight it.

VROOOOOOOO

King Draco looked out the window with the two princesses, gasping as another floating object appeared in the sky. But this one was completely white, with smooth designs and enormous glowing blue lines. The more crude ship turned, almost frantically, to face the ship. They gasped as two small cylinders pulled away from the ship, then sent two beams through its hull. Several places on the ship began bursting into flames before the entire thing blew up, sending a shockwave that rocked the city and shattered the windows.

"Enemies of our enemies," King Draco chuckled hoarsely, his chest having been pierced by their miniature cannons.

"Let us hope they help," Luna panted, clutching her head in pain.

A small vehicle flew out from under the larger ship and flew down to Canterlot, landing near the heart of the city.

Jaqeluu, Agner, Derekosh, Fermot, and Jerosh hopped down from the dropship, looking out to the chaos ahead. "Reku'un'et dat drek? (Reku'un's in there?)" Agner questioned.

Five more ships landed, dropping ten warriors each. "Dra. Lore Reku'un, brak vert jrom vak (Yes. Find Reku'un, and kill them all)"

Luut benkashot (With pleasure)

The skies overhead darkened as fifty-five Nera'ak flew over the city, landing on the roofs of the buildings and waiting for the word of their leaders. The warriors produced their signature weapons, then let loose a battle cry none could match.

"GOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEL! (DEEEEEEEEEEATH!)"

Author's Note:

Here we go. Just a little heads up, I will not be going into too much detail about the Loki'irians or the Arthanians. If you want more information on their war, visit To Call the Moon My Own to learn more about their long fight. As always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! Peaces!

PreviousChapters Next