• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,922 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,922

PreviousChapters Next
Eternal Partners


Draco stood in the castle courtyard, a group of Loki'irian warriors standing around him. Ember and Moon were following close behind, the enormous warriors escorting them also. Draco recognised the lead warrior, Agner, his closest brother.

"Where are we going?" Draco asked, seeing a carrier dragon-like dragon flying towards them. It landed gracefully, its slim, green body serpentining over to his brother.

Agner nuzzled Burasmo, his Nera'ak and dearest friend. "The dragons of this world are from our home, Reku'un," he smiled. "That black one is a Nera'ak just like Burasmo here. We are Signa, and so we each have our own partner. When a Signa touches the egg of a Nera'ak, and it's their destined partner, only then will it hatch and become permanently bonded to you through Ina."

Burasmo let out a high-pitched roar towards the ships, and soon a mass of dragons came into their vision. Each of them varied in size and shape. He could see some with two heads, multiple wings, huge bodies, sleek bodies, bulky ones, and just different forms. Each of them were being ridden by warriors, but one in particular caught his eye. It had blood red scales with ripples of blue and cyan spines. It was much smaller than those flying around it, and it didn't have a rider, but it had a saddle. Draco felt a sudden… shift in his head. He rubbed the side of his head softly, feeling a connection of some sort. Moon and Ember came closer as the dragons touched down just as smoothly as Burasmo, the Signa dropping down and bowing to Draco. The Nera'ak bowed as well, much to the three companions' surprise. But the red and blue dragon did not, and it seemed that the dragons bowed as she walked slowly over to him. She stood on all fours, but even so she was a good yard taller than him. Her snout held… a smile?

"Who's she?" Draco asked his brother.

Agner chuckled softly. "Ask her."

Draco turned back to the dragoness, who looked amused. "Um… hello?"

Hello, Reku'un.

Draco gasped as he heard the voice, startling his friends in the process. "What's wrong?" Moon questioned.

"She… she spoke to me… in my head," Draco murmured, eyeing her as she chuckled throatily.

I forgot. You've never experienced Ina before… or have you?

She gestured towards the mark on his arm, and Draco held it up to look. "What does this mean?"

Place your insignia on my head… and you will be answered.

"What is she saying?" Ember asked, getting closer to them. Draco was occupied with his mark, and so he missed the glare and baring of banana sized fangs that she possessed being shown to Ember in intimidation.

"She says… to put the mark on her head," he said slowly, stepping forward. She lowered her head so that the flat of her cranium was within reach, and Draco's hand hovered over her. "So… what's your name?"

Nyla. Now, to answer your questions you must place your hand on my head. Go on… my partner.

Draco took a deep breath, then placed his hand on her scaled head. At first nothing happened, just his hand resting on her warm scales. But then he blanked out, feeling tons of memories that weren't his own surface. The mark glowed blindingly, and soon her eyes and his own were, too. Ember stepped forward but a warrior stopped her, more specifically, Agner.

"What is she doing?" Ember questioned.

"They are joining their minds. She is transferring all of her memories to him, and he is doing the same. It is called Ina, the bond between Nera'ak and Signa," Agner explained. "With it, they will always be connected, know their strengths, share those strengths, and feel pain as the other does."

Moon looked on in awe as the two kept staring into one another's eyes. Draco saw the battles that took place to secure her, as well as the ones she wished to join in. He saw his brothers and their Nera'ak fighting off a horde, which she tried attacking but Jerosh's dragon, Hunokt, forced her to stay back. And while he received that, Nyla received the memories of him and his family and friends. But she felt all the pain that came with it; the pain of losing Dasher, nearly losing Ember, and the pain of lying to his mother all hit her in force. And yet, there were many more good times that overshadowed the bad. Their glowing eyes returned to their normal states, Draco, mark returning to it's black color. He shook his head and blinked several times, as she rose her head and looked at him with a sad smile.

Are you alright?

Draco looked to the ground as he processed the Loki'irian words in his head, which were naturally known to him.

Jram oet (I'm fine)

Nyla laughed once more, nuzzling him and smiling.

Dot'et bruke ot vasket greg jro, Reku'un (It's nice to finally meet you, Reku'un)

And it's nice meeting you, Nyla. Where are my brothers?

They should be touching down about-

Three Nera'ak the size of three-story houses dropped down, one climbing over the side of the cliff. Fermot, Derekosh, and Jaqeluu dismounted their Nera'ak and went over to the two.

Has he joined?

Oh, yes.

Wait, how are you in my thoughts? Isn't that just for us?

Jaqeluu chuckled and put a hand on his little brother's shoulder.

A Signa's mind can be opened up to those he trusts… as well as a Nera'ak's mind.

Which is why we all hear your Ina words.

Agner, Derekosh, Fermot, Jerosh and I hear you both.

"Hello?" Moon said softly. "Would someone mind explaining the silence?"

Draco laughed weakly and nodded. "We were… talking in our --my-- head. Sorry. Um, guys, this is Nyla," Draco said, putting a hand on her snout. "She's my partner."

Moon nodded softly. "It's a pleasure to meet you," Moon smiled.

"It's… nice meeting you," Ember muttered, noticing the glare Nyla held once more.

"Brother," Fermot said. "Our uncle wishes to speak with you. Eresgo, take Nyla back to the Drigont. We'll see her when this is taken care of."

Eresgo and Draco nodded, the former speaking mentally with Nyla while Draco followed his brothers into the castle. Moon followed, but before Ember could as well she felt a tail prod at the back of her shoulder. She turned and came face to face with Nyla's bright yellow eyes, which were contorted into one of anger.

Your love won't last.

Ember rose a brow, then growled lowly, outmatched by the true Nera'ak growl. "Why does that matter to you?"

It matters little to me, but entirely to Draco. You're a Nera'ak, and though you offworlders have changed, you'll find your partner and change just as the rest of us have.

"And what if I reject them? Draco is the only partner I need," Ember retorted. Nyla growled again, her pupils dilating in anger.

Every Nera'ak is destined to meet their partner. When you do, your body will change to look like your first forms and he will not love the change. Courting between Nera'ak and Signa has never been done because it can NEVER work. So I will tell you now: Leave Reku'un alone.

Ember snarled loudly, clenching her fists and lookin straight into Nyla's eye. "I don't know what your planet was like, but Draco and I have courted long enough to know we love each other more than anything," Ember warned. "So I'm going to tell you: Leave our relationship ALONE."

Nyla snarled much more menacingly, but turned and began to leave.

I warned you… Now let us see what happens when my warning proves fruitful.

Author's Note:

Yes, Nyla will always be suspiscious of others… reminds me of my main story. Anyway, this story will have a lot more character development with the Alamonshuor family, unlike my original which will only have Figanti, so expect that. Anyway, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! PEACES!

PreviousChapters Next