• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,968 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,968

PreviousChapters Next
Getting Rest (II of V)


Draco woke first, glancing to Ember and kissing her forehead, prompting her to nuzzle closer to him. Today was going to be a special day. The first of many. He would be leaving in six days, and so he wanted to have a good time with his friends and family. It would all lead up to a very wonderful day he had planned for Ember. Just the two of them. He wanted to make it the best day of her life, one she would never forget. But that would be in a couple days. Right now, he wanted to have fun. No royal manners, no need for public behavior. Just him and his friends and family.

After they were both awake, Ember went to the chambers where her father sent the latest news and documents he asked her to review, as she usually did. Draco helped his mother in the throne room, today being busier than ever because of the declared canceling of this night's court. It took some persuading to Moon and Luna, who didn't want to burden the both of them, but Celestia was able to persuade Luna while Draco brought up a favor. They would be waiting for the night so they could travel to Ponyville and gather the girls. It was a tiresome eight hours, but they managed to pull through. After dealing with the final, snotty, nobles of Canterlot, Draco and Celestia sighed with relief. They laughed a bit, then went to get ready.

It would be a casual get together, like they had two years ago. Pinkie had invited Vinyl to play some music, which she accepted since royalty would be there. She owed Pinkie for a certain birthday she had set up for Vinyl's sister, Octavia. Pinkie didn't want her to think she owed her anything, but now that she asked it would be taken up. They would have a small party in the barn, like for Twilight's birthday. The girls, Moon, Draco, and Ember all helped in setting it up, which was much more fun since it was one of Pinkie's parties.

The prince walked in, noticing he had beat Ember today. He marked the scoreboard underneath their bed, 789-786. They started the silly game two years ago, after Ember had laughed that she always came home first. Draco bet that he could get through his duties faster than her, and she took the challenge. She beat him in the summers and springs, but come winter and fall, he was given a chance to catch up. Ember's claws covered his eyes, Draco having forgotten to close the door. He chuckled as he pulled her hands away and pinned her to the wall, which she laughed at. After a quick greeting kiss they changed out of their formal attire and into some regular clothes. Draco had a regular shirt and sweater, as it was nearing winter, and some pants and shoes. Ember had on a similar shirt with short-length pants that reached her knees. She was a dragon, so the cold didn't really bother her much. She would often remove the covers when he slept, just to mess with him when she was bored. Or if he overslept. Though she didn't need the clothing, her first Illness brought the habit of doing so, except in her father's presence.

"Ready?" Draco asked.

"Ready," Ember nodded, following her into the hall. "Were the nobles the same?"

Draco nodded, chuckling a bit. "They hate us and you're wondering about them?" He laughed. Ember smacked him in the back of the head with her tail and grinned.

"Loving your enemy is the best way to defeat them," she smiled. Draco rolled his eyes, knowing she had recently read that line.

"And do you love them?" Draco questioned, smirking as well.

She stuck out her tongue and growled. "Far from it," Ember snickered.

They made it to Celestia's chambers, where she was waiting with Luna and Moon. "The chariot is in the courtyard," Celestia smiled. "We should hurry."

"Yes! We shouldn't keep them waiting!" Luna smiled, this being one of her first parties with her friends. On common ground, at least.

Moon chuckled at his mother's eagerness and greeted his cousin with a paw. "You two look nice," he remarked, grinning a bit.

"We make a great couple," Draco shrugged, smirking. "Don't hear me making quips about you and Fluttershy."

Moon shrugged with a laugh. "Because we didn't take eight years to date," he retorted. Draco would have settled their tie right there, but they were saving that for another time.

They boarded the chariot and took off towards Ponyville, chatting about some of the recent news before the Loki'irians arrived. It warmed Draco to know that, even though he was going to risk his life with Ember and Moon, they could still have a good time. He loved seeing his mother and aunt happy. Even if he had hurt his mother for years, she could now laugh and smile like when he was six. His aunt had gotten over her usual seriousness, and she was adjusting nicely into today's society. It wasn't long before they reached the barn, the multiple lights giving away the ongoing party. Draco pushed open the doors, being greeted immediately with confetti and streamers, via Pinkie's party cannon.

"Welcome to Pinkie's Barn Partay!" She cheered, hugging each of them at once. "You sillies are late! Late to shaking it! Come on!"

She forcefully dragged them in, the girls all getting up to greet them. Draco bumped his fist with Rainbow's hoof, then hugged Twilight and said hello to the others. Moon greeted the girls and went over to Fluttershy, kissing her gently and nuzzling her snout.

"I missed you," he smiled. Fluttershy giggled and kissed his snout.

"So did I. I mean, you. I-I missed… you," she nervously laughed. Moon chuckled and gestured to a table for them to sit by.

Draco held his hand out to Ember, just as Vinyl started up a dance track. They danced for some time, along with Applejack, Rainbow, Twilight, and, of course, Pinkie. Ember had learned to loosen up around Draco's previous interests, who she had become good friends with. As the night went on, Draco danced with his mother, Moon with his, and they each had a wonderful time. It got even better when Applejack whipped out the only barrel of cider she saved, just for them. Draco refused immediately, not wanting to ruin the night he had planned for the future. Moon did the same, coincidentally, and Ember took a mug. The others did as well, and soon it was just how Draco thought it would turn out.

They were drunk. Except Fluttershy and Twilight, at least. Rainbow and Applejack had drank the most, since they made a bet on who could drink the most. Draco laughed softly at his mother's bets, as she had offered her chambers when Luna offered her tower. It got to the point where they were getting wings of the castle, and then the castle itself! Rainbow passed out first, and Applejack joined her on the floor. Rarity was whining and sobbing about not finding a stallion like Draco, which caused him to blush a bit. His mother and aunt were laughing at how ridiculous some of the nobles from a thousand years ago acted, turning into sobs of apology about Luna's banishment, and finally cheerful sobs of her return. Draco turned to Twilight, who was shocked to see her mentor in such a state.

When the clock read one in the morning, and Vinyl was out cold, the sober members called it a night. By then, Celestia was asleep, Luna could barely walk, the rival mares were still asleep, Pinkie was sleeping on one of the beams up high, and Rarity was sleeping under the table. Draco pulled his mother onto his back, Moon carrying his mother on his back. Moon gave Fluttershy a kiss goodbye and followed Draco and Ember. They took the chariot back to Canterlot, where the princes put their mothers to bed before heading to bed themselves.

Draco walked in just as Ember removed her pants, giving him a good view of her curved body. He came up behind her and hugged her, which she giggled to and returned by leaning her head against his and turning to kiss his cheek. They rested in bed, ready for a night of sleep. Draco was too… but he was just so excited for the day to come. He was ready… ready to take their relationship to the next level… what Ember always wanted. What she would speak about when she was younger.

Just another day now…

Author's Note:

Yep, just gonna be putting some easy going chapters. All gonna lead up to another major event! So, as always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! Peaces!

PreviousChapters Next