• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,968 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,968

PreviousChapters Next
Party of the Millenia

"So... three weeks... and then Tartarus breaks loose," Rainbow sighed, chugging a mug of cider. She burped less than ladylike, but Rarity made no move to scold her. "Maybe we could convince them to go get Tirek. Or revive Sombra."

"Not funny, Rainbow," Applejack said, nudging her side.

She shrugged with a small laugh. "Aw come on, those guys don't stand a candle to these Lokians."

"Loki'irians," Twilight corrected. "And when Tirek can practically swallow magic, I don't think we need to give him even more potent energy. He'd be unstoppable!"

"At least until they come," Pinkie added sadly joked, sighing as she fiddled with her drink.

Fluttershy rubbed Pinkie's back sympathetically, but she too was depressed by what was coming. "Why do they need us?" Applejack questioned. "All we got are our hooves and magic and the Elements. Ain't gonna do much on armies."

"Our powers made us stronger," Twilight reminded her. "Come on, girls. You heard Figanti. We're gonna make it through this... and with Draco training, he'll wipe the floor with Jerosh."


It didn't seem to lighten the mood. Why would it? They were in a pub in Canterlot, Twilight's second alcoholic experience, and were all worrying over what was to come. As they sat quietly, taking little solace in each other's presence, Pinkie shot up and gasped, as if realizing something.

"We should have a party!" she announced, quieting the other attendants. They went back to normal when Twilight sat the pink mare down. "We should throw a huge party before... well... that's not the point. We're gonna party 'til we're purple!"

"Why?" Rainbow laughed. "What are we celebrating?" Pinkie brought a hoof to her chin, furrowing her brow as she delved into her party thoughts and searched for something she could put on a banner.

"I believe you're a bit ahead of yourselves." The girls turned and looked to Agner, who nodded as he took a seat on the floor beside their table. "We have a... 'party' of our own that we are going to share with this world."

Pinkie bounced over to him and pressed her snout into his face. "Really?! Aww, I wanted to do it!" she groaned, mumbling to herself as she dropped her head.

He smiled and lifted her head gently. "You could help us. This is our most sacred celebration... and if it is our last, we would like to at least know we had that much." Pinkie's demeanor shifted back to her dreary mood from before, but she smiled and gave him a happy nod.

"What's this going to celebrate, guys?" Rainbow repeated, crossing her hooves. "Seriously, what are we gonna say? 'Happy last party, everyone.'"

"That doesn't sound bad," Agner snickered, waving his hand to dismiss the notion. "We've only celebrated this twice before. The day before our armies ended the first Galactic Conflict, and the day before our armies moved to help Minira defeat Drepshol. Millions of years ago."

"So is it for good luck?" Applejack asked, eased from the explanation he gave.

The Signa shrugged with genuine uncertainty. "We consider it... a time to see what we fight for," he smiled, adjusting his arm in his sling. "That's what I and my brothers believe. I cannot speak for others."

"So... you just see everypony you know? And strangers?" Twilight asked.

"That doesn't seem like it's going to appeal to everypony," Rarity commented. Agner shrugged again. "How would you have a party across the planet?"

"We tell the rulers to throw huge feasts, have performances, dances, any rituals to strengthen their bonds, and whatever else comes to mind." He sipped some of the cider he was holding, raising a brow at the strange taste. "Lovers consummate, siblings embrace one another, friends laugh... and we have the most fun of our lives to make sure it's our greatest experience. That's what we wish to do."

"Okay, okay," Twilight said. She waved her hooves and smiled as she thought it out. "It would help a lot of ponies the day before... no harm in it, I guess."

"Great! So everypony's invited!" Her smile vanished as she gasped out loud again. "I HAVE SO MANY CARDS TO MAKE! ByegirlsseeyouafterI'mdonewiththething!"

And just like that, she bolted out of the bar. Agner stared, speechless as to what he just witnessed. He looked to the mares for an answer, but they seemed unfazed. "She's just being Pinkie," Rarity giggled, "You get used to it, dear."

Agner stared at the door one last time, then turned and went to the bartender. "Give me the strongest drink you have." The stallion slid a bubbling glass of liquor to him, and Agner shot it back without a problem.

"Uhh... I'm not sure that's healthy," Applejack hesitantly told him. "Yer gonna feel it bad."

Agner shook his head. "If a pint of my kind's drinks can kill you, then yours won't tickle." He chugged back another glass. "You're gonna have to do better than that."


Crossover Hype!



Celestia looked out over the setting sun, sighing with relief as she rubbed her head. It had been weeks since she last raised the celestial body, but it felt amazing to not have to do it for now. She glanced up at the one who brought forth the moon, his eyes cold and his body stiff. When the streaks of color in the sky faded, he sat down on the grass and took off his armor. She sat beside him, their heads sagging as they looked to the ground.

"Do you blame me?" The question caught her off guard, and she turned to him quickly. "Do you think... I could have done something... anything?"

"If you did, we would have all died." The answer didn't seem to satisfy him, and Celestia knew she would never be satisfied with an answer like that either. With a sigh, she said, "Maybe you could have deflected it... or taken the hit. But I don't know, and... and I wish I did. No... I don't think you could have stopped it."

A tiny, bitter grin tugged at his lips, tears forming at the corners of his eyes. "But I tried... I tried my hardest... and even then it wasn't enough." She rested her head against his, her own tears falling down her muzzle as she consoled him. "I'm sorry..."

"It was the Iikro... you aren't to blame," she whispered, choking back a sob. "We're going to make the world a better place... for her."

He wiped his nose and held her hoof. "For the both of you... I'm going to make it up... so this never happens again." He brushed her fiery mane back, recalling its old summer colors before... the end of the war. "When the world submits to Loki'ir, there won't be any more death... no crime... no loss."

"And I'm going to help wherever possible," she assured him. He smiled softly before hugging her, then stood up from the ground. She took his hand in her own, and they walked back towards the castle.

She went to bed early, but he went to the war room. Waiting for him there was the leader of the League. The new League. "Have you located her?"

"She is weak, but she is clever," the Signa said. "She's gone somewhere into the Nera'ak territories to the west. We found a trail of her energy headed deeper. If you hadn't been so close to her I doubt she would know how to elude us."

His fist slammed into the man's jaw, a fierce growl gurgling out of his throat as he looked down at his subordinate. "Times change," he snarled, huffing loudly. "Send the yukark to find mass traces of her magic. She's been casting the same powerful spell for the last month."

"To do what, exactly?" the man silently growled.

His ruler stopped on his path to the door and looked back to him. "There is only one way to defeat me... and she knows what it is," he said. "I'm not sure if she has the spell completed or is still testing... but I want her here before she succeeds. I am sending the Iikro, and you will close in on her when you should find her. Understand?"

The newer League general nodded, and was sent out. Outside the door, the Iikro had been waiting, it's malicious grin oozing hunger. "We are teammates, then," the League leader sighed. "Lead the way, sire." It growled lowly and started bounding towards the exit. A group of Signa met them outside as the made their way west, a piece of purple hair clenched in the Iikro's jaw.

Author's Note:

Ah yes, more crossover madness. It's nearly dawn, I'm beat, needed to write the next chap. As always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night. Peaces. And goodnight.

PreviousChapters Next