• Published 29th Aug 2013
  • 13,983 Views, 1,017 Comments

My Son, My Soldier, My Hero - That_Random_Pony



Sometimes, family isn't defined by blood. And it can come from the strangest of places.

  • ...
60
 1,017
 13,983

PreviousChapters Next
My Grandma is a God

Draco shouted as his energy flared suddenly, then sneezed and sent himself into the wall. He gasped for breath as his chest felt as though someone was crushing him, and another energy spike cured that feeling, only for it to return twice as worse. The voices in his head had grown louder over the past week, making his own thoughts garble in with theirs every so often. The cold in his hands and feet had spread to his core, forcing him to shiver and writhe every day. The aches he was experiencing had blown up into convulsions, and he was starting to vomit.

Nyla... Nyla, how... are you doing?

.....not..... good.....

My... my leg.... it's going numb.

My wings... are limp... Reku'un.

He smiled, then grimaced, as he tried climbing onto his bed. A coughing fit drained him of what little energy he'd mustered to climb on, and he fell on his side. The world seemed to spin around him, mitigating any chance of him sitting up. He grunted in pain as his head pounded, and a voice began to make itself known. Memories rewinded the clock, sending him into another flashback that wasn't his own.


He was in a room. A Loki'irian home, by the look of its walls. Like the other memories, he couldn't move. Whoever he was seemed to be thinking something over. There was a twinkling sound, almost like a set of bells, that brought his attention to a balcony entrance. In it, a beam of light shone brightly, small particles of dust forming into a humanoid shape. He watched in amazement as the form took a step towards him, the glow dying down until he could see the person's face. She looked... stunning. Her body held promise of sensuality, of satisfaction, and her skin looked about as smooth as cream. The faceless white morphed into a beautiful woman, her eyes... burning... and her hair... as if she were the universe itself.

And when she spoke, he knew who she was.

"Greetings, Reku'un." Her voice bored into his head, musical and authoritative... the only word to describe it would be motherly.

He was a bit stunned by her greeting, then tried to answer but couldn't. However, his ancestor fell to both knees and lowered his head to the floor. "Minira," he greeted, "It's... an honor to meet you."

She smiled, the small act causing him immense joy. "You need not bow, my child." Her mouth didn't move, but her voice still flowed into his ears.

"In the presence of divinity, how could I not?" The goddess giggled, slipping into a mix of older and younger laughs. "What do you require, Mother of Creation?"

She held out her hand, and he stood up to face her. "You're kind has done wonders to acquire peace and to maintain it. You are my vanguard; my defenders of purity and life... which is why this makes it so much harder." Minira closed her eyes, then opened them and showed the Reku'un of the past his achievements. "You embody the very thing I wish to spread... you have a sense of empathy and emotional understanding that surpasses any Oracle."

"I thank you, Minira... but kind words and feelings will not win this war." Her smile turned giddy, almost like a child, which was strange given how she was as old as the universe itself.

"Oh, but it will," she responded. "You're energy is pure. It's stable. It's a type of energy I find rarely in the mortal plane. If I could transform it, there would be untold power inside of whatever I choose to make it."

"And what of me?" he asked. Her smile fell, but she didn't falter one bit.

"You... will be turned into energy and joined with whatever I can make your energy into... be it a weapon or an object." Minira took his hand and held it between both of hers. "I have asked much of your kind... and I must ask now that you give up yours so that countless more could live... not just here. But out where they could not fight such a horde."

She looked behind him, and Draco's body turned also. His ancestor's wife laid in bed, a small child clutched to her chest as they slept. Minira smiled as she looked to the newest Doshu'um, and the lover of the current Makti.

"You... you will pass on the Ashla to my child... yes?" Reku'un asked. Minira nodded with a smile, moving back as he faced her again. "...I wish this war to end, and if it can end sooner, then I would be honored to say I was part of the reason." He kneeled before her again, stern and devoted to his decision. "I will die for you, Mother of Creation. Please... make sure this was not in vain."

She smiled and lifted him back up, looking deep into his eyes. Draco gasped as the environment around them fell apart, but Minira didn't. She walked closer to him, then reached out to touch his face. Draco gasped when it was his own face he felt the hand on. Another giggle escaped the ancient being, who fiddled with his hair while she looked on.

"Greetings, my grandson."

Draco awkwardly laughed and scratched his head. "Um... hello... should I bow?" She laughed a bit louder, filling him with an unreasonable warmth. "How are you here? Well... why are you here?"

Her thumb ran across his cheek before she pulled away. "Reku'un... I wasn't able to meet you as I did with every Makti before you," she admitted, "but I wanted to meet you now. The nations have agreed to start this war themselves, so that when you are ready, you will lead this fight from where you find it."

"But that's insane!" Draco exclaimed. "What if the Iikro wipes them out?! They could get-"

"If he did, he wouldn't have the power to defeat you," she reminded him with a smile. "Your brothers and uncle know this, which makes it a fight between your coalition and the Arthanians. You needn't worry. Jerosh won't move until he finds you."

Draco reluctantly accepted her response, knowing just as well that the Iikro needed him out of the way. "So... what happens when this is all over? What if I lose?"

"That is yet to be decided," she assured him happily, touching his hand. "Reku'un... when I first saw you I felt an indescribable interest. Your ancestor kept this interest as well, and he became the winning condition to this war. When you were born... you were something that changed the very balance. Which is why I'm here... which is why my daughter and all of those around you look to you now more than ever." The subconscious landscape faded away, and Minira did as well. "No matter what happens... you must fight... you must become the Makti this universe needs."

He closed his eyes in a sleepy haze, her final words ringing in his head.

"You must win."

Author's Note:

Mm, we're so close ladies and gentlemen. And then it's no holds barred madness. And then my favorite types of chapters to write :twilightsmile: Hope you all enjoyed it, and as always, like, fav, comment, and have an awesome day or night! Peaces!

PreviousChapters Next